SOLO: A Chunkymonkey Story - June 2018! NEW 8/23 Last SOLO Moments THE END - Final VLOG posted!

I've just read your last two updates and I all I can think about is the guy with his hand down his pants :crazy2::laughing: And how maybe I can't eat Twizzlers anymore....

Moving on!

That dessert party, oh my goodness DROOL!!! I love that you were the first there and nearly the last to leave :laughing: atta girl :thumbsup2

And so that is my contribution....pant man and food. :confused:

:rotfl2:

This is the first party review that makes me want to do a party. I like that there are more savory offerings. And chocolate covered strawberries are awesome!

Omg my mouth is watering with all your dessert pictures.... :cloud9: Makes me excited for our dessert party in a few weeks' time! Though I'm a little sad we booked the before party, rather than the after one. It sounds like it was an amazing experience to do it that way.

What a fantastic evening! I'm super excited to do a dessert party - would love to do the after party but I don't think my kids could hang. If it was just me and DH though, after party absolutely sounds the way to go!

Everything at that party looked amazing! Glad you enjoyed it! Is there a price difference between the before and after parties? Do you know if there is a difference in the food between the two also?

I'm sorry. I feel like I'm always asking you so many questions.

I haven't done a dessert party in many years...but this post SO makes me want to try one for our next trip. What a GREAT time! I would also be eating all the food! :)

Yay! I'm so excited for this dessert party. It sounds perfect! Even if it's more popular next month, not fighting to get your food and make it to a viewing area on time sounds fabulous! Also glad they have sticky toffee pudding because I made Zack share with me last September and he didn't like it :confused3 And Pog juice because we haven't tried it yet!

This is exactly why I booked the after party. The fact that you don't have to rush to get food and eat really made it more appealing. We experienced this last year, and everyone was hot and rushing to get food, the desserts weren't replenished quickly, they ran out of cheese and fruit...it was the opposite of what I had experienced tonight.
Wow you haven't tried POG? I'm sure you can find it at a grocery store near you. It's like a sweet juice, but out of all the sweet juices I like POG the most. :)

Ohhh...I like that after party! sounds so much nicer than the before party!

It is soooo much better, I really enjoyed it and I felt no pressure to eat quickly or show up that early. It was great!

Perfect night! Looks like there are lots of great treats to enjoy :cake:

Yes! It really was better than I expected! Last year during the dessert party it was a mad rush for food and they ran out, and everyone was yelling throughout the viewing area, it was not pleasant. But this time was wonderful!

What a great review of the after party! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts on this. It does sound like you had a truly magical evening.

Thank you! It was a magical evening indeed. I didn't expect it to be so nice! I had high hopes and it really did live up to them!

You were doing it right! Plus they weren't like BIG plates :rotfl:

That's what I thought...very small plates! That means it's ok to eat (a lot) more!

That is amazing to have the whole hub to yourself like that :cloud9:

I was so stunned at how empty it felt in that area. It was so nice!

Haven't seen that in forever! I'm not able to hang like I used to on my commando trips:laughing:

I haven't seen it in forever either! I'm glad I was able to shut down MK!

I so did NOT need this temptation Su-Lynn! Sticky toffee pudding? Chocolate covered strawberries? MACARONS?! Not to mention all those great savory options. And a make your own s'mores bar?! :love: I'm going to have a hard time not booking this one.

It's much better than I expected it to be! I was thoroughly surprised considering our not so fun time last year. I would definitely pick the after fireworks one from now on though!

Update: if a chocolate covered strawberry is $3.99 plus tax at the confectionary and the party is $69 including tax, you only need to eat 16 of them to get your value out of the party :rotfl2: how many can you sneak out in a ziploc bag before it's obvious?

(Disney math mode)

This makes so much sense because of course you need to eat your weight in chocolate covered strawberries to make it worth it. :thumbsup2

THIS is why I booked the party. After two trips where I had to settle for seeing it far away, i'm ready for my good view! HEA is beautiful and Youtube is great and everything, but I need to see it closer than the end of main street or on the poly beach (my previous viewing locations).

It really is one of those things that need to be seen up close. But not too close because then you'd miss out on some of the fireworks, so I think the Plaza viewing area is the best overall view.

Ok, I know this won't be the case on our night (new year's day), but a girl can dream. That is awesome!!

LOL I'm sure it won't but I would totally do it because it is worth it to get a guaranteed spot!

I would be in for that for sure!

Dessert parties need to have a dole whip machine!

I am very excited about this part and I have no idea why. We have a big built in stone fire pit in our back yard and do s'mores every so often, but they're so messy. I like the idea of someone else making it and me getting less marshmallow all over my hands!

Haha then you'd like this, although it's a little different than regular s'mores as they roast the marshmallow over a flame then dip it into gram cracker crumbles and chocolate chips. So just a different and portable take on the s'more.

:lovestruc i think the addition of the ooey gooey toffee cake was the deciding factor for booking this, aside from the garden view of HEA

OMG me too, it really confirmed that I needed to try this party. It's really good but quite filling!

another thing i'm hoping for!! Although I have a sneaking suspicion that park hours will extend and crush that dream.

On New Year's Day? Probably! But hopefully it won't be too bad.

Aww!! I love that you got to feel that extra magic!! You had a pretty perfect experience at this party, I think it looks worth every penny and then some.

Yes! For me it was the most magical experience! I felt like I had an almost private dessert party - and coming out to an empty castle area, it was so surreal! I haven't seen it that empty in ages!!

The Dessert Party looks fantastic and delicious !

Thanks! It was a great experience and I highly recommend the after fireworks party!

I've just read your last two updates and I all I can think about is the guy with his hand down his pants :crazy2::laughing: And how maybe I can't eat Twizzlers anymore....

Hahaha I would not associate the hands down the pants with twizzlers...but now I do!! :laughing:

That dessert party, oh my goodness DROOL!!! I love that you were the first there and nearly the last to leave :laughing: atta girl :thumbsup2

And so that is my contribution....pant man and food. :confused:

I had to do it right! I had all the time in the world and my mission was to eat!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
At least pant man was not at the dessert party - at least I don't think so.

This is the first party review that makes me want to do a party. I like that there are more savory offerings. And chocolate covered strawberries are awesome!

I'm glad I've made you consider a dessert party! :) In all honestly I wasn't expecting much from the party but I really was paying for the good view without having to wait a long time in a spot. But it turns out the dessert party has improved and is much better than last year's version. Hope you check it out!

The After party sounds really appealing!

It was a lot of fun, and I felt extra Disney magic that night!

Omg my mouth is watering with all your dessert pictures.... :cloud9: Makes me excited for our dessert party in a few weeks' time! Though I'm a little sad we booked the before party, rather than the after one. It sounds like it was an amazing experience to do it that way.

I think you will have a great time no matter what. Is it possible to switch yours to the after party? I don't think it'll be a big deal as you get the same amount of food but maybe you will just have more people around you.

Your post totally reaffirmed my decision to book the HEA after dessert party for our January trip!

Excellent choice!!
Oh and you're going in January? We'll be there Jan 19-23 staying at AKL and the Poly.

Beautiful bus magic!!!

It's amazing...this never happens, and it happened on an already magical evening!

What a fantastic evening! I'm super excited to do a dessert party - would love to do the after party but I don't think my kids could hang. If it was just me and DH though, after party absolutely sounds the way to go!

I think for sure the before dessert party had more kids, I don't think I saw any young kids at all at the after party. Maybe some teenagers. But if you do get a chance to, I really recommend it just for the nice exclusive feeling that you're enjoying MK a little longer than anyone else...

Everything at that party looked amazing! Glad you enjoyed it! Is there a price difference between the before and after parties? Do you know if there is a difference in the food between the two also?

I'm sorry. I feel like I'm always asking you so many questions.

Thanks! I had such a great time, I actually want to do this again with Steve. Maybe in January!
There's no price differences between the two parties and the food is exactly the same! So if I had a choice I would most definitely do the After party!

and it's my pleasure to answer any questions! I would not be writing TRs if I didn't want to pass on any information I have! :)

I haven't done a dessert party in many years...but this post SO makes me want to try one for our next trip. What a GREAT time! I would also be eating all the food! :)

I had a really great time! I did the HEA party last year and it wasn't a good experience but I was willing to try this one after I heard of the changes they made. I'm really glad I did!

Wow you haven't tried POG? I'm sure you can find it at a grocery store near you. It's like a sweet juice, but out of all the sweet juices I like POG the most. :)
We haven't been to Tusker House, or any of the AKL restaurants... and I don't think anywere else they might have it. Never paid attention in the grocery store. I'm not a big juice person typically so I don't shop that aisle frequently.

Slow day at work here... ;)

We haven't been to Tusker House, or any of the AKL restaurants... and I don't think anywere else they might have it. Never paid attention in the grocery store. I'm not a big juice person typically so I don't shop that aisle frequently.

Slow day at work here... ;)

I'm not a juice person regularly too. But I drink it when on vacation!

Yeah slow here too...LOL.

Oh and you're going in January? We'll be there Jan 19-23 staying at AKL and the Poly.
We are doing a SWDAS Fantasy cruise and figured... since we are already going to be in Florida, we might as well pop over to the World for a few days beforehand! So we will be staying at AKL Jan 1-5, then setting sail on the Fantasy Jan 5-12. It’s too bad our trips don’t overlap!

The dessert party sounds amazing! All the treats look so yummy, I would have been stuffing my face too! So glad you enjoyed it!

Wow those empty Main Street photos are great! What a perfect way to end your night!

I needed a break, so at Germany I got myself a pretzel and some grapefruit beer.

3_mO-j1jxMKrjCyDe3keTRy3pu7KEF4nUE2YU2_0-RwqGWB0Gk02veCIUZMKynIDw1qadlMVJdfFwJ5xOwLsK8S4yxgKsq1_U0iWlMNz3NoGhDIDcHgSmnUp6bJVpWyGDukFxJksg_LweWMnixTlaWaIscYlY341tWTnlLDtOLRxBhRwMlTLb4EJDi9BLhT_uHu9PTX7zXgwC-plsGNa1NiDpcL1pkqBsOXut9WcWd9nFsoZzbwF3elV7OWwKs_xdHGlrrxtAwIHArkQxloSjiOb3ifCNwgNyGo7HU42Tj0lEn-lVAwlpeOtbCR9XIwe1owh2eAqbNdm1fsXNborYJHp4OE6W8uEdUEVJOacikIRRh6Y3me_eUI7glA_e93De68fmw7deBTLWFpxsDusY0bRZLLHeSSUH4G3m04U3t6bCq0c2myT1ZLCl58B1QK_AuALWLTTcSN8dXni0herxEaK4O6ug4BHWHKZuBLVA2HVGegR5Qx6DxOF6odmUJz3crC3dP5NCdzrU3cTkCX2aYVDF48kGcmzo80aYonmDMQj-j8OMqllNGAqn4mlFoA3m40bMVeRVewJTgDRKcOeHTGn6h20S4qd8Mp4nWpq=w831-h623-no

Ah, that grapefruit beer! We tasted it for the first time at the Grand Floridian. Did you like it?

OMG Su-Lynn! Those dark chocolate covered strawberries at the HEA Dessert Party are the bomb!!! They are always the first, last and in-between treat I grab!!!! Back in June, I didn't see the hot artichoke dip or the egg rolls...You bet I will be on the lookout in October (64 days away).8-)

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the empty park. Those days are few and far between nowadays...

Awesome updates! Now I am seriously thinking of trying to book this for my trip! Yum, yum and more yum. Looking forward to hearing all about your last day. :)

I had just watched Happily Ever After from the Plaza Viewing Area. I love that show, and it never ceases to give me chills or tears, or a combination of both...:)

Question.
Do you like it more than Wishes? Just as much? Don't care, as long as there's a show? Not as much? Don't remember but who cares?

A completely EMPTY dessert party! :cool1:

Niiiice.

. The CM told me to pick any table I wanted and of course I picked one right in front next to the food

::yes:: Veteran move.

There was POG

mmmm… POG.

There were so few of us that there was no need to replenish anything all night!

then you didn't do it right. :laughing:

You just want to eat everything. Which of course, I did.

There ya go!

The Pineapple delight was sadly NOT dole whip but more like pineapple flavored whipped cream. Now why don't they just have a Dole Whip machine here?

Major oversight.

The "hot" items included some savory egg rolls,

There was also a savory spinach dip which was served cold.

So not just dessert. Huh. Never knew that.

As I was eating my first and second plate of desserts, I realized that the skies had opened up and it started to POUR. The entire park was scrambling to get out! I heard a lot of squishy shoes, the rustling of ponchos, and a lot of exasperated voices. But that wasn't coming from the dessert party because me and all 18 of us were literally feeling...Happily. Ever. After. #seeyadontwannabeya :wave2:

Someone was feeling just a little like royalty I'm guessing.

I asked for a tiny amount of ice cream, but since they were food pushers, I ended up with a Spaceship Earth sized scoop.

Oh, the horror.

Thankfully the rain was short-lived and it ended maybe 20 minutes after it started.

Great! So clear out the park for you while you stay nice and dry (and stuffed).

So um, by the time the night was over I may have had 5 plates of food...:ssst:

Atta girl!

I'd like to title this picture "The Aftermath"

:laughing:

As I excited the Tomorrowland Terrace,

Heh. I love that typo. I think it's perfect. You don't exit at Disney, you excite at Disney.

It was, as if, "for the first time in FOREVER", that I felt like the only one in Magic Kingdom. :cloud9:

:goodvibes

I had to capture this moment with a series of pictures!

Well... yeah!

I had the castle in the palm of my hand!

:) Like that.

When I got to the bus stop for Saratoga Springs, there was a bus right there waiting. :eek:

Yuss!!!

Wow, I can't believe how empty that was!

The Pineapple delight was sadly NOT dole whip but more like pineapple flavored whipped cream. Now why don't they just have a Dole Whip machine here?

I still love those little Pineapple desserts :love:

So um, by the time the night was over I may have had 5 plates of food...:ssst:

yupiJtTy6nWMo-jO3lu_90CuIh5hySm-hxf1lk4Q6WjKk1gDjbvegKMqRWP3HWXi4IPSn5DG4_N7A9lkFneCCVm7HIv9MryZhIle9JCFICXJErk1YpMn9_elFm0QjoXWbAxRzKb6J50WfqwHRonVAsyckRSQQfHmD3QrwAF4BFJ4B4WHTK06dUmTRtJl6FMkf9jX9PFq1U3PCmw7PZClzLHXJECgstFfCVAa8QwGUbKkS5CdPy9h1hSp7hUvtVSB6_j7ZSKozqC4GooK0hELzWKDaiOVAs2EYxT66Ex4PrngEAOZvppr0-5ucKZEUmpQ0ok69k_11w-EfU_9F6By0aesfLhE99BDO_QXgU0CbMrHqPVz8UTF7pOztER-6H0niIiyPzaOZAdej8qgB_61kC1cV1JWLR-wOBhBs1WjDuNjIC4-3o0s0Pt6ntdLV7JioY2ax9Ywg9Nc9FeotYsmjrjRNjd_xYBk4Rzx5KyQJFUSA6HGtkuKi8JKnpQeyy_cwm4xyw1sQ0wPa4nKgH44l_7xiAhE0DDywYeQmS67AnqIWfJX0mWakfIbu63q33E_uJUFws0gnMjwd3clxr7NpzcJt24FkNT11GNH1FIx=w483-h644-no

I'd like to title this picture "The Aftermath"

Now, THAT'S a good dessert party!

I had to capture this moment with a series of pictures!

neGyYVori2HikWXWVh9BesPimYXbtk66Ms3kja_IV-V-7bAtoN6cQIx2EpC0Le53uLQxiVjoO-WLIvrqQiFZQd86FXh-GGd25iToa4SAS7Xr_wDA31FtUAisTG9GlTOcAC6PaTwCK5AAMTgREUUjsCOu0J7KaOCirYZAZf3R0G1-FURwVRVjrAEeJ7-bR23YQnPLjuDgltXVxxP-BuMTk1FPVtcOaSylC1twl5h4vCuZXp91n0ZwPZgGl6XM6YR1-V7kCVnQY45z8wel33WlLNssdfoUg08NoF_X6yzbiW00fG4X8z-XLwo0FrNAAOrTSLbf83vLPazMb0_BtKtGHYDe7pdCBytL7naN6y6kDgDPt3FHRYWp_qz9ESjzAGKbGP0prk2GgAG7juEswJZs18gjNbpirwUIH7HMVPfJQ8RGadREura1Flo8SKIxYSvSDfagx2nhAmp06d3QZjvbSu0tW6nN0siTDSPAuW3-Dz6DzJnkobVFk7hWIQDWTq2RiQFNttZP_j5JPs9w02dbaSu3OqhnULVMTz3ltgKRNlSGIcZZULnA3N-D76p3U5lkKkROrmRsY4rjSOjfhO6Mtu03c8M6BAoqeqiApOQw=w483-h644-no
-TOMFMaqN-Qh59P0MTEfnUltdhZ1VwGn_-QXb4e3g8OzluVANMSHlFh_iigNo9o00OKVZhfgWDbVoJRzVI4siFaL6IEbCdHpNS7lBR42nDwFJoSkketnI6B2d39sV2mqWTeH9Oep8SdjgM1xIJI0hvDRI7j9sOn1lUnfgm_zLye6cl1g9ucdIb7y6AkSt2uZrle3wIc9l7wy5W5D7wrFd40f7Pj3ZqBvXzMbBoe3xz3OZ7yizm43nV6Uda382bAFp0V5JWkSHh3WV0Qrn-Vz9AFN9e3ysFw7NurX4YD56Po_X-RjxZJkkAhHm8-cLFJNC87m4moSuEC2yLEZtc7l79frU-83zZkrQ5pp1b-m9eQ0gmEkntX4lFVztEA1nHd77X25EUX_vgO3GgSr37EtTxNY3rRTY_UC5K1qgTgdf9_PD-a6wBovh2MbbvCtGFx7Jlqnpv8NL7TZBigLNcBpoRAHDw0y0EyPTicuubi-Vm_T9kxJDQWU8UG62ktZPGlYqfjiVl2E3xXazshwISnRqjU9-VkwpSJQmsKGnx0edvREJXVwEsdpGLTp0C_Ec3p703EKYppVje2XGfemVlyMpSeGwWniI2SyNgYfc9Es=w483-h644-no

PHZI1Gr3j2SsiR3sBIDc6bH-gEdMleFPcrlgVX0dxb_0yDRjCVJf5RZyj1oLCkJ6CvESEDZA7yQKdBYpO8F24Ric8lLXuZOzz7QMYnLeRgSNLcNylDeeJ8l3jJZoQQbIzXC9E4apqjEU0MXdmbHHFrOw1oPSUaOHuoVsAxv6SmW2BD9j5QgKMVnEmLh7d9_T7-oJSrsfKrGNbLuozfbItdyuJerxZ_YhrLMH8YfPmhURWaGb2KV0fljP4nybqsg0gvMcDvzqgoDFVQmbCcm-aJaG_0THtt_2Tc3o5JgC3i8hVErgwpyCGDG9GUxLjbaxs-ML4oFdksgkm0ZlnGHboBsdqS_xABKadedKtllIAn6vgSTYIhkA8iE2eM-iNYkBu5EgpTKpiwgHxVIxi0V14fGY_CC-YzWGu3-MmnMAwZu2Aq3VsqzYzZVa9qAxuUYGYbi8-nOz6zlQDNUJyxZWe05H7HKd7kLXQ112vppjBLbvKszi5__4bwmSU-XdMrP0funKnc8kpvGKSFChTzVimturXRoeI5Z-Ss22VAHBUuscRGo-GorDEOA7WnbW0Fvj6trYMA03hE_XhTNcJsQnD4Qybi1iKEwG9n0O3Ft1=w484-h644-no
a_DNyAiTYwDCpN1h4HPCReEfpshjbadt2TZD3DJNS6mcoAQfO7x59vmvY9jmhVO0Yt-Ejun5DFWIDkBjDDufD4-LN_1GTO6tidpS_g4_H-W3hMl_MZpbNKDSTHUXz0R84if5VEg5tEqJOfalZT-PqgsB57RDLcvGwg4XQEXNydGRXvkCP4AKy_dt4YBbLe4YsJebW9voe_LJynfj-2Wi0PJIujjW90AA21ghCMi8KLnLYFgDo4iNdJHehazAiHr1b5iHP6bw6poG-OTPz4W4jnslRuvRtEAbXloMZNd2qlOLm4Lw2IiMPf-4w60pQAN0kf8d2SsNKYjntCBasb5mLGV4YqZG76brojMahxFb587eCtmzHk6C_vz9KJRF-Bl-y_wtixbkf5Fssy27jQ4GmwgfwtRxzfrNPtUbqTIii04pJ5iLCYQXJJ7GoU7ZRrwL8NyG_LewG8CA-9kw33XByGhn0um5rCPCwwQhf93pHxXoIAHSxgsd9NogspLrYIohGuVfU6Hr3dlXyNXWCyKeD9lRdvYyHj3OOhQ6FwCe86D_buP5_HFMiDyZTZ8DzlLndRG0gq5APamY4MRcUHTkajwv8wwRvzXfittuWL--=w484-h644-no

I had the castle in the palm of my hand!

yiJyIn5HEkwjod5qR0xNn1W9hhLaTYwqAhk1ZEiM84pVyrNey27YCGq5HOxY8hF91Md9nMCicS-iSIG3wgQbUb5taMatV_WMjvQauYv0j3sibgmHj_souvdRtjvhTsAwRdSX7QP0EasPx-MXqzXVQZFiVbJUtE1_CpLzny6tosOXQDJQhxY6yp8m9YiioUh16EXJI4XZkw3m7vPQ5EJnMbvFhuCbadDrbAAhlFL6n0FPs58oYLb6Jh1SIHTqL02OuNS6kztMpeCJaVzoVVEygbwzNA8l-TDZGDWRLpJIjyOH-sP58HWQ7TTUxbkWer8Egkikpkb4WhYHC2Q-gSfE_FtSsvkUEq_k6SppojWl7YexABodhwSNApRBbMm5Q8r4bg-T8y8U2Bsmcn9_jqN884WZjo1ZFfyu8FpjTO9NR-L0h5LScvxLKSR-kiXTjbcIrEmV-hrB-0Do4QrW_veoN-fJSW80-PGqqdeOKBKlZqMCyqIBYIUEYnfYK-ncsmg2Q7Lx1_IkTQJGCe-X7y6C-X3kPWPvFVTPGHd_G00DrJJBUyOUT_AyyT60G1JfcM4WUM6anLmN5N-njEej5mY-n1zThuyCjXsNJRoCeurV=w484-h644-no
zaJIE6MEnASRGmdcM3lx97IlvFlG20oWjPU81HrYUIctzbvUk9zxK-DM68zItyHeTbWMEoHRTng6N5LkivNZpKhgmfXdrrZFRIStHJO9L6PL9Kx2qrwY4dN5DQVgbZmv3qu0iabiOiOLy_eWwL5MxAIMMvshFAUKkXQPR3HNoRRCssxM44OOLc2TvSoC_hv9InWZgh7TKVqk2Sd3TOFi7n6iia8DbyppywTRnGmT0IMfc6AtfzqDocN6O-5F2mCJTd3-HbF509Kkegdno8lQXX_cJcUHCaG9Lp9v839WrlcFFzh2ILnwlZzmPPjeS9oANoch_Olm_R3gOBc2xqg71ZHiJ5QbPSDGmK_t1e9Lw8_e9xp0e7afVvlEdjf6HiXSKI2fjYsa7ANKR4hFoh285APKhU5G0P5zj6SO1zUsEYvU3ChubMUvAZu7zywuA9sis6VlpbIRrMK1ZSEK12KY-ShlcJGB7wjL_CkOH1MvNltRLU_OAdCCGuBbtK82CNncQ_TyQLy35vSQq-dDv7Fk8x1w8dIXaV21G5DBq2-oiQGH26jYtxjgqXDz9p9TI5k1baj0rTNLiycE4WWrYls92mmnTyYb5xwWTv9QeTWY=w484-h644-no

I could not have been happier at that moment! :love:

Beautiful pics! I love an empty MK, though it's an elusive thing these days.

One of these days I am going to catch the Kiss Goodnight :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter