Solo at Aulani

elyseah

Earning My Ears
Hey guys,

I'm currently planning to head to Oahu to conclude my 6 week american holiday. I'm currently thinking about spending 6 nights in Waikiki to get my main sightseeing and exploring done, then I want to head to Aulani for 2 nights. So I guess my question is, is 2 nights enough at Aulani?
I really love being in pools and swimming and just having a chilled time which is my main draw to Aulani. My plan is to leave early from Waikiki to get there so I have pretty much 2 full days before I fly back home.

Thanks!

If you plan to spend the full two days at the resort without leaving, I'd say its enough time. You'd get to enjoy the pools and beach which are the main draws, and there's not much outside the resort to explore.

However, based on my own experience, I'd recommend splitting the difference with your Waikiki resort - 4 nights there and 4 nights at Aulani, if you can swing it. We did 3 nights in Waikiki in order to accomplish Pearl Harbor, Diamond Head, and exploring the Waikiki area. Later in our trip, we went to Aulani for 6 nights and while there, we spent equal amounts of time relaxing and exploring the areas closer to Aulani such as the North Shore, Kualoa Ranch, Kailua, etc. Also closer to Polynesian Cultural Center. It makes more sense from a driving/traffic perspective, unless you will not have a vehicle.

I'm not going to have a vehicle, I'm not to keen driving on the other side of the road! But I did see the Aulani offer day tours so maybe I'll see if I can get an extra night or two when they're offering tours.

We initially planned to stay 2 nights, and ended up extending 4 nights during our first time at Aulani, and it still didn't feel like enough! We purchased a DVC add-on via resale shortly after returning home, so be careful if you're not in the market for points ;)

Is 2 nights enough? I guess it depends on what you intend to do. There really isn't much special to do at Aulani itself besides the pool/beach/restaurants. Are you planning on doing a lot of other things on Oahu while you stay at Waikiki? If so then 2 nights is probably enough.

Yeah my plan is to do a lot of sightseeing when I'm in waikiki. The plan for Aulani is to do nothing but swim and relax! I'm still concerned that 2 nights isnt enough, but thats likely just because when I go to resorts I spend like all day in the pool haha

Not sure I would call going to Aulani relaxing unless you go to the spa. I think it is overpriced for a single person just looking to relax. I would think going to either the 4 seasons or Marriott at Koolina would be better for relaxing. There isn't much Disney theming at Aulani if that is why you want to go there,

I think you will enjoy waikiki being a solo, lots to do, and the visitors are a lot less families and honeymooners and seem to love to meet new people.

I was looking at the other Ko Olina resorts but theyre all around the same price anyway, and as a kid I always wanted to stay here so I kind of think why not pay for Aulani when everything else is expensive anyway!

I'm really excited for Waikiki, it seems like a pretty easy place to get around and have a good time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter