• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**SOLO Central - WDW & DCL**

Im also very sorry to hear about your husband. And like you i was worried about making a solo trip to disney but after reading some of the older posts in this "solo" board it really persuaded me to just go for it! i honestly cant wait. hope you have a good time too and hope u keep us updated on your trip!!!

:goodvibes I will be going solo 3May-8May06 will be staying at POP. If anyone would like to meet at Paul Revere and the Raiders at Flower Power concert, just let me know :cool1: :worship: :worship: :banana:

justlikeeyore said:
:goodvibes I will be going solo 3May-8May06 will be staying at POP. If anyone would like to meet at Paul Revere and the Raiders at Flower Power concert, just let me know :cool1: :worship: :worship: :banana:
I will just miss you. I am scheduled to be at the POP from May 8th to the 13th! :flower: Just leave the light on for me. :goodvibes

Feelinggroovy, sorry to hear about your Husband, going solo to WDW is a great time, you can relax do as you would like and what a better place to feel the Magic. I travel solo many times and always have the best time. Many Dis members have gone solo and there is lots of Trip reports. Go and enjoy. :flower3:

I will be traveling Solo in June 28 - July 10 cant wait
:earsgirl:

:banana: :banana: :woohoo: :woohoo: :wave: :wave: :thumbsup2
who's going to wdw 5/19 - 5/21? will be staying at pofq then will be sailing on wonder 5/21 -5/25 solo anyone that would like to meet let me know. party: party: party: party:
:welcome: :jumping1: :sail: :donald: :goofy: :mickeyjum :donald: :goofy: :mickeyjum :donald: :goofy: :mickeyjum

I'll be around, ckphila. PM me if you'd like to meet to do the parks or a meal.

I am so glad I found this thread! I am taking my 3 kids to WDW Dec 9-15. I am taking them to a resort child care service, so I can go through some parks and hit some rides that I know my kids wont touch! Is anyone else traveling alone during this time?

June 3-5. I was supposed to go a week later for 4 nights, but I am starting to feel "iffy" about leaving my foster kids for too long. Since I already have my airfare and part of my room paid, thought I would shorten it to when I knew would be a "safe" time. So, I'm still leavin' the DH and the kiddies at home and would love to meet up with any other solo travelers that want to do the parks or a meal.

I must admit, I am very lucky to be able to travel to WDW, and even more fortunate to be able to travel for 3 weeks.
If anyone would like to hook up and say hello or hang out, please get in touch and I will be happy to share my itenerary.
pirate: :grouphug: :tink:
Until then,
Best of Hugs,
D

I am new to this message board thing so I hope I am doing this okay!! This is my first message posting.

I just want to see if anyone will be around 9/21/06 to 9/25/06, just in case any solo travelers are around.

By the way, what does it mean "wear the green ribbon" or "home depot card"? Is that how solo travelers recognize each other?[/COLOR]

GOOFYGIRL1969 said:
I am new to this message board thing so I hope I am doing this okay!! This is my first message posting.

I just want to see if anyone will be around 9/21/06 to 9/25/06, just in case any solo travelers are around.

By the way, what does it mean "wear the green ribbon" or "home depot card"? Is that how solo travelers recognize each other?[/COLOR]

Welcome to the Disboards. Many of us who travel to WDW solo will post our travel plans...dates and which resort we will be at during our trips. Some people plan to meet up with each other to share our love of Disney with fellow Disney fans. The Home Depot color deals with the Disney Alien Green paint sample card that you can get at Depot. It is in the shape of Mickey. Some people have placed on themselves while down at WDW to help identify themselves as a member of Disboards.

What part of the country, other than WDW, do you call home?

Thanks for the info Dave. Now I know what to look for when I go!

I actually live in South Florida and have a seasonal pass. I go as often as I can afford to. In the fall and winter months I try to go once a month if I can!!

I'll be at The World 9/22-24, most likely solo (unless a friend decides she can actually go). Anyone have tips for doing MNSSHP solo (or any of the hard-tickets? I was at MVMCP 2 years ago but was with the now-ex and it was *not* the happiest experience ever lol).

Fellow DISer's!

Here's my story...

My DH and I were scheduled to travel to France for two weeks in September, and a week ago he informed that things at work were too crazy for him to go and that he had to cancel. My response? Go to France alone? Hell no! Go to WDW! So, with DH's blessing I am booked into the WL for 5 nights, and then two nights at the Dolphin - both places I've never stayed and am very much looking forward to.

At the same time I'm excited about going to WDW, and very much looking forward to doing whatever I want whenever I pretty much want to (well, within the constraints of WDW's rules and regulations) I am wondering if it wouldn't be fun to meet up with some other childless (or even childish) solo adult professionals for a drink or something. I'm a college professor, but I promise not to lecture on anything remotely related to my area of specialization...

Anyway, I'll be at the World from 9/9 through 9/16. Give me a holler if you're interested.

Thanks,

Alison

alisongkc said:
I am wondering if it wouldn't be fun to meet up with some other childless (or even childish) solo adult professionals for a drink or something. I'm a college professor, but I promise not to lecture on anything remotely related to my area of specialization...

Anyway, I'll be at the World from 9/9 through 9/16. Give me a holler if you're interested.

Thanks,

Alison

I will be solo that trip as well (staying at Pop). :banana: Since I don't drink, I would still be open to catching a Coca Cola with you! I am in healthcare, but taught Medical Terminology for a local college a few years ago so it would be a treat to meet you! And hey, lecture away! :teacher: I always love good conversation! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter