• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**SOLO Central - WDW & DCL**

I'm from the St. Louis area!!! I went to school at SLU. Anyway, I'm an annual pass holder now just because I'm going to school in FL, but my parents got one too and they still live near St. Louis. So I would say that if you plan on going to Disney at least a couple of times in the year it is so worth it! My family and I had never gotten annual passes before even though we go to Disney almost every year. But now that they have them, I don't think they'll ever go without them! You'll start to see all the opportunities you have to go. For example, when they moved me down here, they bought them and went to Disney. Then, one of my mom's friends wanted her and my dad to go with her and her husband in October, and because they have the passes, they decided to go because they can! And then they are going again in May with the whole family. And I'm sure they'll add other times in there as well. What I'm saying is, having the annual pass definitely gives you some more freedom on when to go or if you have any friends that want to go and want you to go with them :)

Nice to meet someone else from the area! :thumbsup2

So, I have to ask....what high school did you go to? LOL Just kidding. It is nice to meet someone else from the area. There's such a huge part of me that wants to move to Florida but I have too much family here.

So, I have to ask....what high school did you go to? LOL Just kidding. It is nice to meet someone else from the area. There's such a huge part of me that wants to move to Florida but I have too much family here.

haha, I actually went to high school in southern Illinois...I know how you feel. I've always wanted to do something different and move here but never could do it because I love my family so much. That is why I went to SLU so I'd be close to home. But then one day I just decided that it is a once in a lifetime kind of opportunity to move away and live on your own for a while. So I did it and it's been amazing so far! Plus, I know that I'll be moving back to the area for work, so it's really just a temporary move until I graduate lol

I need to figure out this lime green ribbon / mickey head thing... I'm excited! Even though I'm new... at least I know! Maybe it will start a conversation on my solo trip

I am probably going on Labor Day Monday, for the afternoon at MK. I LOVE living so close to WDW! :)

Hey im looking at planning a trip from Dec 10 to the 16th, going solo. was wondering if there was anyone else who would be interested in going as well, can go halfs on room and ticket if needed
:dance3:

Hello fellow Disney fans! I am very happy to find this thread! I suddenly decided to do a solo trip. 2 weeks ago I just decided to do it and picked the week of Sept 17th. Staying for 5 nights at WL.

I have been to WDW many times and DLR many...many times. But I have never been solo and as a matter of fact I have never traveled alone...period!

Even though I have been many times, I find that I am pretty apprehensive about this trip!
So...I am glad to find this thread so that I can read about all of the people that go to the world solo!

Thank you!

Hello fellow Disney fans! I am very happy to find this thread! I suddenly decided to do a solo trip. 2 weeks ago I just decided to do it and picked the week of Sept 17th. Staying for 5 nights at WL.

I have been to WDW many times and DLR many...many times. But I have never been solo and as a matter of fact I have never traveled alone...period!

Even though I have been many times, I find that I am pretty apprehensive about this trip!
So...I am glad to find this thread so that I can read about all of the people that go to the world solo!

Thank you!

Have a great time, Christine! You're almost there. :)

I'm heading down there a few days before my family to get some serious commando Disney in! If anyone wants to meet up on the night of the 22nd, 23-25, send me a text on my Google voice number: 415-DISNEY2. (I love that I got that number!)

Courtney

Hello everyone. I just posted my profile above. I have a Disney World vacation for 2 scheduled in February. I was going with my gf, but we have recently broken up. I was going to cancel, but am now thinking of going myself, or trying to find someone else to go with. Hopefully it won't be too hard to find someone who wants a free vacation.

Hello everyone! I recently got a pass to Disney and since I live so close I can pretty much go any weekend day. But, none of my friends are Disney people so I guess I will learn how this Solo Disney thing works. I hope to meet some of you over there at some point!

Love, love, love my solo Disney trips. I'm planning on one this weekend and knocking as much as I can out in one day as it'll be my last chance until May.:sad1:

In September, Linda, my wife and best friend, of almost 20 years passed away. She was only 40 yrs old. This was after a short 4 month battle with cancer but a long summer of doctor visits and multiple week or longer hospital stays for her. I spent the days in the hospital with her and the nights alone in our room. Even when she was home she spent most of the time on a couch in our family room downstairs. Thank God I have 4 wonderful children ages 12-18. We had our last trip to Disney World only 3 months before she got sick. One last fond memory. On another trip in October 2008, we had a serious discussion and decided it was time to buy a DVC membership. I am so glad we did now.

I am considering a short 3-4 day trip towards the end of winter or early spring for just me without the kids. I just need a few days of me and an ECV scooting around without the pressures of single fatherhood for a few days. I am a romantic at heart and love the notion that so many people like the idea of finding their prince or princess at the World. Wish Upon A Star everyone!

I'm in the Chicago western suburbs if anyone would like to touch base or chat sometime.
-don

I will be at MK today (12/13/11) for MVMCP. I'd love to have someone else to go on rides with. Feel free to send me a PM if you will be at the park :)

I do prefer someone close to my age. (32)

Have a magical day,
Bill

I am going on my first solo. So excited but also a little apprehensive. What if I get bored? Ha Ha. Seriously I have traveled before alone. I have done concert road trips alone. Yes, I am a groupie. That is another story but sometimes I feel like there is no one to share the moment with when you are alone. It is still fun but different when there is someone with you. But I have learned that if you don't have someone to go with its is better to go alone than not at all.

Hello , in March it's my 3em travel in solo in WDW , if you atre at WDW , i enjoyed to see you , i'am French , and i like WDW:thumbsup2

I will be there in one week!!! First solo WDW trip. Ill be offsite near DTD for 7 nights! ( Jan 21-28)
:earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy:

Hello everyone! I recently booked a trip in a little over a week from now (Jan. 28-31) and couldnt be more excited! I usually go to WDW every year, but unfortunatly wasnt able to go last year so I decided to do a quick solo trip to start off 2012 right! This will be my first solo trip, so I am excited to have this new experience, but hope I will enjoy just as much as going with other people. Is anyone else going to be down around this time? Would love to take in some attractions, a bite to eat, or have a drink with fellow DIS'ers and Disney lovers! Oh, and I am a 27 year old male, it that matters.

Hi All,

Looks like I am able to work out a solo trip for the above dates.:banana:

Staying in Ft. Wilderness, it 35' Travel Trailer.

Anyone else going to be there???

I bought a Premier pass last July, and so far has managed only 1 trip to WDW. I'm thinking of a solo trip at the end of March, just to get one more WDW trip in before the summer. Anyone have experience with weather/crowds around that time?

One of the best things about solo Disney: I can change plans at a moment's notice, and go wherever the magic leads me!

Is anyone else going to be down around this time? Would love to take in some attractions, a bite to eat, or have a drink with fellow

I'll be there Jan 29-Feb 1st!! First solo trip too!

I'm also looking for a meet up somewhere along the way?! If anyone else is interested? My tentative plans are looking like:
29th: arrival, head straight to MK for eve EMH
30: AK/DHS
31: MK's ropedrop, then wherever really!

Let me know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter