Solo Dining - Changing number of guests

OP95

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

I was trying to book my solo reservations and was hoping to go to the plaza before The start of mickeys Christmas party. Unfortunately there were no reservations in the evening or at all for the day for a person of 1 however when changing it to 2 loads became available. I was wondering if it was possible to change the seating without changing the day of reservation? Or am I able to talk to a cast member at the time of dining? I’m not sure how strict they are on this so any advice would be appreciated!

Book for 2 and when checking in tell the CM that your friend couldn’t make it. We took the family (6) and then due to health issues we (DH and me) Couldn’t go. We didn’t change the reservation and son just said it was only 4 as we couldn’t make it.

Hi everyone,

I was trying to book my solo reservations and was hoping to go to the plaza before The start of mickeys Christmas party. Unfortunately there were no reservations in the evening or at all for the day for a person of 1 however when changing it to 2 loads became available. I was wondering if it was possible to change the seating without changing the day of reservation? Or am I able to talk to a cast member at the time of dining? I’m not sure how strict they are on this so any advice would be appreciated!
I would try booking for 2 then after confirming see if you can go in and modify it to a reservation for 1. I’ve had success doing similar booking fir a group of 2 (booked for 3, modified to 2) in the past.

You just change it to 1 when checking in on-line. Always check-in on-line and quite often you get a table ready before your reservation time.

Easy fix.

Go to your ressie and click modify. Change the number of guests to 1. You will be offered the same time you already have booked. Click it and save. You’re good to go. No need for creative explanations when you check in LOL

I frequently travel solo and Disney offers very few dining reservations for 1. Book for however many you need to get a decent time… I sometimes need to book 4… then modify to 1.

Thanks all for the help, have managed to change the party size, for some reason wasn’t allowing me earlier but has now gone through.

I booked S71 for 4 people but it was within 2 hours so I couldn't modify. I just reduced the number to 1 at online check in and was fine. And they ended up seating me at a 2-top anyway.

Book for 2 and when checking in tell the CM that your friend couldn’t make it. We took the family (6) and then due to health issues we (DH and me) Couldn’t go. We didn’t change the reservation and son just said it was only 4 as we couldn’t make it.
This is what I do all the time. No problem!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter