• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

solo meal before MNSSHP

D

dahirsh

I'm looking for suggestions on where to eat before MNSSHP. I don't intend to spend the whole day at MK, but I do think I'll want to be there before the park closes at 6. I'm not sure if I'm looking for a late lunch anywhere or an early dinner at MK.

Having trouble getting the plan going for this trip.

Any suggestions?

Deb

I like to go to 'Ohana (Poly) before a night in the MK. I have a relaxing dinner, then hop on the monorail. :)

Last Halloween we ate at 1900 Park Fare in the GF before taking the monorail over to MNSSHP. If you want to be in the park, maybe Crystal Palace for a big meal or just a quick bite at Cosmic Ray's.

MdmMim-

How is Ohana solo? I have no problem dining solo, but I'm not one to do a charecter meal alone.

Deb

The character meal is at breakfast. During dinner, there are a few activities for kids, which are entertaining to watch. I love going there solo--I enjoy the food, and the atmosphere relaxes me. I like to look across the lagoon at the MK, thinking about PoC and my other favorites--it gets me psyched for the evening! :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Note: I have done a character meal solo--I got lots of attention from the characters. They gave me many hugs! :)

Funny thing is I didn't even know Ohana had a charecter meal at all, it was just that from what I had heard about it, it seemed like more of a "family" environment than lots of other places. That was why I brought up the charecter meal thing. I've eaten at the following solo-
Mama Melrose
Brown Derby
Plaza
Liberty Tree (lunch)
Le Cellier
Akerhus

I think that was it.

Deb

I've never eaten at Liberty Tree Tavern as a solo but I know a lot of people plan their evening meal there before MNSSHP.

Cathy, I've never eaten at Ohana solo. I'm going to have to try that :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter