• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Solo trip in December 2022, New Trip Report link! 5/2/23 Try it out!

Friday 12/16/22 I packed up and brought my luggage down to bell service. I noticed on my bill I was charged 20.00 a day for parking. I do not have a vehicle.

I went to the front desk to have these charges removed. Make sure you check your charges before leaving. This is the first time I have been charged for parking.

I got to Epcot around 8:50. I went directly to Soarin and it was a walk on. I did LWTL, Nemo, and Figment all with no wait.
IMG_2022-12-16-163900.jpg
IMG_2022-12-16-163932.jpg
IMG_2022-12-16-164032.jpg
IMG_2022-12-16-164104.jpg
Pooh was out by Figment, he is very cute!
IMG_2022-12-16-164202.jpg
I was texting with Karamie and we decided to meet up by the Seas to spend some time together today.

We went to do SE and waited about 15 minutes, TT had a 30 minute wait but it jumped up to 55 minutes before we got there so we passed.

We looked around the Connections store. I saw a sweater I liked but they did not have my size. I did buy the Epcot 50th Starbucks mug. I love these things and wanted another 50th one. I did mobile check out and got my 30% AP discount.

Headed into WS, we looked in the shops in Canada, UK, and France.

I tried the pastrami on rye from the Holiday booth between France and Morocco. It was really good.
IMG_2022-12-16-164237.jpg
Karamie got a baguette from France.

We looked in the Mitsukoshi store and found it still was lacking in goods. A little better than the last time I was here.

We stopped in America for Joffrey’s coffee. I had the Iced Chai Latte and Karamie had the iced mocha.

Mine was really good.

We decided to go to DS to see if my sweater was at WoD and to get some food.

We took the Saratoga bus and if you get out in the Congress Park area, it is a short walk to DS.

DS was very busy. The Christmas store and WoD were mobbed with people.
IMG_2022-12-16-164333.jpg
I did find the sweater I wanted and did mobile check out, this works very well to avoid a long wait. It also gives you the AP discount right on the app.

We decided on Blaze pizza. I had the sausage and mushrooms and Karamie had the pepperoni and arugula.

The pizza is really good. I only ate a small amount. Eyes bigger than stomach I guess.

We walked to the Lego store and parted ways. I took the boat back to FQ and Karamie was heading back to Epcot.

The boat ride was very nice.

Chip and Dale were at the FQ lobby. They are very cute. They threw a coin in the lobby fountain and made a wish.
IMG_2022-12-16-164424.jpg
IMG_2022-12-16-164507.jpg
I gathered my luggage and called for a Lyft. I did see on the Delta app my flight was delayed about 20 minutes. I hope that will be it.
I’m waiting at the airport, I hope to board soon. Fingers crossed 🤞

I will be heading back to the Tundra, we got a bunch of snow this past week. I’m not thrilled. If I could stay here I would!
I will do a wrap up this weekend!
Thanks for following along on my first ever solo trip!

Looks like you had a great solo trip. Thanks for sharing it. What a horrible time to come back to Minnesota. So much snow and getting colder every day.

I was proud of myself for riding ToT alone.
:laughing: Look at brave Caroline!
I was in the back and you can hardly see me.
If I didn't know your hair...
Wonder what happened? Shadow, maybe?
IMG_2022-12-16-164538.jpg
Using the force to ensure his safety. Wise, you are.
My plan was to have a Ronto roaster for an early lunch.
I finally had one... I really liked it!
I was a pilot! I couldn’t believe it. Being a single rider, I thought I would be assigned an engineer.
No way!
I've still never been a pilot.
This ride is really fun when you are a pilot. The guy who was the other pilot was really nice and we actually didn’t do to bad. I was proud of my ability to steer the old hunk of junk.
:goodvibes
I had a really fun ride and thought I would try to go again since I still had the FP on the app.
Nice score. :)
The rain had picked up some so I dashed into the Frozen sing along area and watched the show.
::yes:: That's a good place to wait out rain. Muppets is another.
I noticed on my bill I was charged 20.00 a day for parking. I do not have a vehicle.
Yikes! I didn't check mine. Hopefully I didn't get charged. :scared:
I went to the front desk to have these charges removed. Make sure you check your charges before leaving.
Lesson learned!
Cute. :)
I tried the pastrami on rye from the Holiday booth between France and Morocco. It was really good.
That looks good. I'd have that.
I did find the sweater I wanted
Good!
The pizza is really good. I only ate a small amount. Eyes bigger than stomach I guess.
:laughing:
Glad it was good at least. That was 2 trips to Blaze in a row.
We walked to the Lego store and parted ways.
Sad when Legos come between friends.

:rolleyes:
Chip and Dale were at the FQ lobby. They are very cute. They threw a coin in the lobby fountain and made a wish.
Really? :goodvibes
I’m waiting at the airport, I hope to board soon. Fingers crossed 🤞
Hope everything went well!
I will be heading back to the Tundra, we got a bunch of snow this past week. I’m not thrilled. If I could stay here I would!
Yeah... we got plenty here too. Not a fan.
Thanks for following along on my first ever solo trip!
Thanks for writing!

Quick question: Did you go to SSR and get off at Congress park to walk to Dis Sorings because you still can’t go DIRECT prior to 4:00 pm ‘Park to Disney Springs’?

I always get confused about that.

Thanks for the updates! You are getting A LOT done! I love reading "live" reports!
Thank you for reading along! I had a wonderful trip and did feel like I did the right amount of touring and relaxing!
Sounds like a great solo trip. I hope your bus luck improves!
It really was a wonderful trip and the bus luck did get better, yay! Thanks for reading along!
You picked the perfect week to be gone from Minnesota. We are under a winter weather warning with mix of rain, ice and snow, beginning tomorrow and lasting thru Friday nite. Yuck!
I’m so glad I was gone during the record breaking snowfall here, yuck! To bad it is all still here for me!
I am enjoying your report. Thanks,
Thank you for reading along!
Ugh! I hate panicking and running for the plane. But, wow! Did you ever cut it close! Glad you made it.
It was awful. There was a family in front of me so I knew I could get on as well. Very stressful. The de icing was a problem on the way back as well except I was already on the plane to Duluth but it literally took an hour from the time the airplane door was closed, ugh!
I just can't make myself try a pod...
But I might try that kids hotdog some day.
I’m glad I tried it for you, lol 😂 definitely get the hotdog meal there it is really good. I won’t stray again!
Nice little DISmeet. :)
It was fun to meet up and ride Dinosaur
Where is this? I've never seen that backdrop.
I think it is new for the holiday season, it is before you would enter Pandora on the left side
Cute magic shot.
But... snow? I go to Florida to get away from that!!
Very true! At least this kind of snow doesn’t bug me, lol 😆
Following along. Love your Live Report and your pretty green dress. Exactly what I would have chosen.
Thank you so much! It was Dapper Day in AK and I really didn’t have anything for that except my dress that worked for AK park.
It is so much fun to follow along with you. We often get the kids’ meals as well when we do QS; way too much food otherwise. Enjoy the party!
Thank you for reading along! I do find the kid meals work out just right for me and I don’t feel like I am wasting!

I always worried my car would be buried in the snow when I returned from Disney trip to Kansas City!
Hope you didn’t have that when you got home.

It was awful. There was a family in front of me so I knew I could get on as well. Very stressful. The de icing was a problem on the way back as well except I was already on the plane to Duluth but it literally took an hour from the time the airplane door was closed, ugh!
An hour! Long line ahead of you, maybe?
I think it is new for the holiday season, it is before you would enter Pandora on the left side
Ah.
Very true! At least this kind of snow doesn’t bug me, lol 😆
Lady... any kind of snow bugs me!

Nice. :) Met her briefly one time.
Susan is such a nice lady! I really enjoyed spending the day with her!
$20?
Did it come with a side of nachos???
I know, it was crazy. I could not believe the cost! Plus the bartender was not even very friendly and acted like it was a burden to make our drinks!

I remember her. Haven't met, but I do remember she used to have TRs. Don't think she's on the DIS any more?
She isn’t on the Dis much anymore, I use to love reading her reports! It was very nice meeting her and Dan!
Was there anything there that you didn't like?
(The correct answer is, "Of course not."
Haha 😆 I was surprised I liked so much. I was very happy with the food, wait staff, company, and the entertainment
I love that I've met so many nice people here.
Yes same here! I’m really glad Andi found this site years ago. It really has been a wonderful place to meet wonderful people!
I've never been to that either. I've certainly heard a lot of glowing (see what I did there?) praise.
This was the second one I had done and it is amazing! Can make you a little teary eyed if you are sentimental like me. The Voices of Libery do that to me!
Olaf hosting? How cool is that? (See what I did there??? I'm on a roll!)
Haha 😂 you are clever! He was really good. He said you can pick up your PhotoPass picture of you singing Silent Night on your way out! He was quick with the one liners. Karamie saw him getting on Lwtl earlier in the day!
I really have mixed feelings about that. I think most feel the same. I'll wait until it's done and I've tried it.
I’m the same. It will be nice but the sentiment of Splash will always be there
You look terrified!
True! As many times as I have been on this ride, I can’t keep my eyes open or not scream on the plunge!
I've never tried the cheeseburger egg rolls. It just sounded a little... odd. But... your favourite snack? I'm going to have to try this
I highly recommend the rolls! These are delicious and the dipping sauce is yummy! Try these next time!
I'm really enjoying your trip report and photos! Thank you for bringing some Disney cheer to my day.
Thank you so much! I’m glad you enjoyed reading along!

Susan is such a nice lady! I really enjoyed spending the day with her!
:goodvibes
I know, it was crazy. I could not believe the cost! Plus the bartender was not even very friendly and acted like it was a burden to make our drinks!
:sad2: One expects… better.
Yes same here! I’m really glad Andi found this site years ago. It really has been a wonderful place to meet wonderful people!
So Andi found the Dis. Good thing!
This was the second one I had done and it is amazing! Can make you a little teary eyed if you are sentimental like me. The Voices of Libery do that to me!
Some day I must do this. Love VOL.
Haha 😂 you are clever! He was really good. He said you can pick up your PhotoPass picture of you singing Silent Night on your way out!
:laughing:
Karamie saw him getting on Lwtl earlier in the day!
Cool. :)
True! As many times as I have been on this ride, I can’t keep my eyes open or not scream on the plunge!
That’s when you know it’s good.
I highly recommend the rolls! These are delicious and the dipping sauce is yummy! Try these next time!
Yes ma’am!

Had no idea they did that!
I think it is fairly new on the speedway for the party! That ride is awful, needs a total upgrade!
What is that??
The dreaded photo box is an automatic box that takes your picture. So bad!
Nah. You look cute as a button.
Aww thank you! The few times the photo box set up has been in place the pictures do not come out very well.
Never thought of that. But then again, I am never thrilled to see it anyways. I go to Florida to get away from winter, not be reminded of it!
Very true, I did get snoap in my eye and wow did it burn
Love when that happens.
I was so happy to see the bus and I was even able to sit down! No standing at all this trip on the bus!
I think that’s the number one rumour with the new management. Hope it happens.
I really hope the park reservations become a thing of the past
Nice. :)
Know the name but don’t really know her.
She use to write trip reports and I met her on the epic trip and we really clicked! I love to tour with her
I’ve heard Flame Tree onion rings are some of the best on property.
Really delicious
Huh. Didn’t know about that
This is also fairly new. The tree of life looks so cool with the Christmas projections
Loving the pictures and following all you’re doing on what has been fabulous so far.
Thank you Carole! It was a wonderful trip. Went by way to fast
I’m so glad you managed to meet up with Dis friends too, always nice.
It really was nice to have time with friends and some solo time

It was a great ride on Frozen!
I was so happy to spend the day with you! It was a wonderful day.
Oh how I loved LwtL with the Christmas decor!
Same!
The prices have gone through the roof there! But it is still a must do each trip for me.
I was a little shocked! I’m glad I liked the margarita
The food was so good at Biergarten and the company was even better!
Totally agree!
Oh my gosh, it was amazing!
I’m so glad I got to see the Lwtl at night. The lights make it very festive
Loved, loved, loved Candlelight!
I’m very glad we got to all experience this show, amazing!
I had the same thing for breakfast at WL Tuesday morning!
Love the kids waffle meal!
Oh you are brave. I just admired the lights from the PeopleMover.
Never again, the speedway is not fun!
That looks so good! I forgot about that treat!
The tamale was really delicious 😋
I love that cake too. I had it with the pineapple coconut swirl on our party night.
I was so excited to have this again, I forgot to take a picture!
I do not like those photo boxes at all!
Awful!
This picture is beautiful!
Thank you, the wind was really blowing
The character interaction pics are adorable!
I’m very glad I decided to do this breakfast! It was really fun
miss WL so much!!!!!
What a beautiful lobby!
What a perfect AK day!
It really was a great day at AK. Loved it!

Looks like you had a great solo trip. Thanks for sharing it. What a horrible time to come back to Minnesota. So much snow and getting colder every day.
It really was a wonderful trip. I wish it could have been extended for 2 months lol 😂 our weather here is really bad!
What a great solo trip!
Thank you is really was!
Look at brave Caroline!
I was proud of myself! I just started riding ToT about 2 years ago!
Using the force to ensure his safety. Wise, you are.
Yes, need to keep that little cutie safe!
I finally had one... I really liked it!
I’m glad! I really like wrap. It was a nice quick meal for a solo traveler
No way!
I've still never been a pilot.
I was shocked!
That's a good place to wait out rain. Muppets is another.
If I would have been closer to Muppets that would have been my first choice.
My feet did get wet but not horrible
Yikes! I didn't check mine. Hopefully I didn't get charged.
That was weird. It was 120.00 so glad I caught that
That looks good. I'd have that.
The pastrami on rye was very good!
Sad when Legos come between friends.
Haha very true!
Yeah... we got plenty here too. Not a fan.
The snow and cold are in full force right now, yuck!
Quick question: Did you go to SSR and get off at Congress park to walk to Dis Sorings because you still can’t go DIRECT prior to 4:00 pm ‘Park to Disney Springs’?

I always get confused about that.
Yes that is exactly why. The DS buses don’t start running until later afternoon so this was our best option without doing a Lyft. Congress park stop is close to the walkway to DS
I always worried my car would be buried in the snow when I returned from Disney trip to Kansas City!
Hope you didn’t have that when you got home.
Haha 😂 my car would have been buried however it was in the garage the whole time. Thank goodness!

Thank you everyone for reading along with my “live” trip report.
I really enjoyed the solo time and the time with my Dis friends!
I’m hoping to get back to WDW in April. We shall see if it works out.
Here is the sweater I got and my 50th Epcot mug.
IMG_2022-12-22-095300.jpg

IMG_2022-12-22-095345.jpg
Everyone have a blessed holiday season and stay warm!
1671724597483.gif

I think it is fairly new on the speedway for the party! That ride is awful, needs a total upgrade!
And yet... I know that if they tried to change it, you'd hear people say "No! It's the way Walt wanted it!"
The dreaded photo box is an automatic box that takes your picture. So bad!
Ah!
Very true, I did get snoap in my eye and wow did it burn
Isn't that by The Platters?
Snoap gets in your eyes.
No standing at all this trip on the bus!
:thumbsup2
She use to write trip reports and I met her on the epic trip and we really clicked! I love to tour with her
I've read one of them. :)
This is also fairly new. The tree of life looks so cool with the Christmas projections
Just one more reason I need to go back. :)
Here is the sweater I got and my 50th Epcot mug.
IMG_2022-12-22-095300.jpg
Cute. :)
Everyone have a blessed holiday season and stay warm!
Right back atcha. :)

I'm so sorry I missed this while you were doing it. I did enjoy reading it. You did so many fun things. We enjoyed our trip the week before you, but we also missed a lot due being a large group. You can really move around when you're solo. This also just gives me more reasons to go back next Christmas Season to see Danielle again.

DisneyAndi, thank you for such a fun trip report.
I had to laugh at your "frozen tundra" remark. I live in N. Mn. too almost directly between Duluth and Fargo. Can you guess where? I know what you mean about deicing the planes and leaving that snow, cold, and ice behind.
We always stayed at POFQ and loved it. The boat rides and closeness of everything was wonderful, and you can walk to POR too:)
It sounded like you got a lot done and could navigate D+ and mobile ordering.
We always go to Florida in February or March. This year we are going mid February and to Universal this time.
Again thanks for the great TR and welcome back to Minnesota, LOL.

I'm so sorry I missed this while you were doing it. I did enjoy reading it. You did so many fun things. We enjoyed our trip the week before you, but we also missed a lot due being a large group. You can really move around when you're solo. This also just gives me more reasons to go back next Christmas Season to see Danielle again.
Thanks for reading! I know you were enjoying a trip yourself right before mine!
Solo is really nice for taking the time to do whatever you want and yes you can really get to many different things!
I think Christmas season is a must for me now. I have been the last 2 years and plan on going again fingers crossed 🤞
Happy New Year 🎆

thank you for such a fun trip report.
Thank you for reading along! It really was a fun trip and easy to do the updates since I was solo
I had to laugh at your "frozen tundra" remark. I live in N. Mn. too almost directly between Duluth and Fargo. Can you guess where? I know what you mean about deicing the planes and leaving that snow, cold, and ice behind.
Ugh! Our weather can be very trying in the winter! The older I get the more I despise the long, cold, snowy winters!
Do you live in Brainerd? My son went to UND Grand Forks and that ride from Duluth, ugh!
The de icing was a time sucker this last trip like way longer than it should be!
We always stayed at POFQ and loved it. The boat rides and closeness of everything was wonderful, and you can walk to POR too
My daughter and I have stayed here at least 3x we love it and it really was the perfect resort for a solo trip!
It sounded like you got a lot done and could navigate D+ and mobile ordering.
We always go to Florida in February or March. This year we are going mid February and to Universal this time.
I really did have a good trip, Genie+ is such a pain but with just 1 person it was easy to get everything I wanted. I would love to go back this February, March, April…lol 😂
I love Universal, we have been AP holders for US as well and when my daughter travels with me, we always spend 1-2 nights at US. We have stayed at Portofino Bay and Royal Pacific, loved both!
Have a wonderful trip and a Happy New Year 🎆🎈

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter