Solo Trips and COVID

tony67

DIS Veteran
Just wanted to hear how people who have gone solo during COVID felt about the experience.

How much worse is it now that there are no single rider lines.
You will be in a vehicle by yourself. (MIB for example)
Not sure you can sit at the bar in Restaurants.

Anything else you find very different that would be of benefit to others?

I’m a local. I’ve been to US twice as a solo post-covid. I’m a fairly introverted person who doesn’t talk a lot to strangers. But even I felt a bit alone visiting by myself the last two times, and I’ve been visiting theme parks by myself for years. The necessary distancing makes spontaneous conversation with strangers rare. Both visits I think I spoke to strangers just once, and very briefly. It was a bit lonely. Some attractions you are not by yourself. Depends on vehicle size. I actually love riding MiB alone- I know exactly where my gun is pointed and I always get the suit. :)

I’m a local. I’ve been to US twice as a solo post-covid. I’m a fairly introverted person who doesn’t talk a lot to strangers. But even I felt a bit alone visiting by myself the last two times, and I’ve been visiting theme parks by myself for years. The necessary distancing makes spontaneous conversation with strangers rare. Both visits I think I spoke to strangers just once, and very briefly. It was a bit lonely. Some attractions you are not by yourself. Depends on vehicle size. I actually love riding MiB alone- I know exactly where my gun is pointed and I always get the suit. :)
Thanks - Yeah - I'll miss the random conversations in line or at the bar. Its going to be a little strange to say the least.

I just got back from a solo trip. There was no bar seating at restaurants, so I sat at regular tables for my table service dinners. The Cowfish was great, ate there twice because the service and food was excellent. The service felt a little weird at The Palm and Bigfire, made me feel a little unwanted as a solo diner, which is unusual. I guess they would rather have an empty table? It’s not like people were breaking down the doors to get in. The service at the pool bar at HRH was also excellent, I enjoyed a lunch there.

I didn’t have any lengthy conversations with anyone, just chatted with team members mostly. I liked the distancing in queues because it was quieter and I could enjoy the surroundings more. Constant chatter from groups around me wears me out normally, was glad to have a buffer.

Some rides I would get the entire vehicle or a row to myself, just depends on the configuration. I stayed at HRH and had Express Pass, which I was glad to have since there aren’t single rider lines and waits were long on weekends.

I rode Hagrid’s 6 times and was happy to be able to choose the motorcycle every time (tried the sidecar once, not as fun).

Let me know if you have any other questions.

I love taking solo trip and have been to Universal several times solo and Disney a couple of times. I have been thinking of going towards the end of October but am a bit unsure about it with the current conditions. I've never felt awkward or anything on rides but now with so much space you really would stand out and being only one person taking up a row or car. The single rider lines were great and without those I dont know if it will be as good as an experience if there are longer waits along with more awkwardness being solo and all that ride space. I dont care about talking to people in line or anything so that wont impact me at all. Those who have gone solo since reopening how has your time been compared to other times? Still as good or at least close to it? Im also hoping the crowd levels on weekends will drop a bit by then as I dont want to be there if they are like the recent weekends.

I'm taking my first solo trip the last week of October. I'll be arriving on Sunday the 25th and leaving on Friday the 30th. I'm avoiding the parks on the weekend in order to avoid those capacity crowds that seem to have been happening recently. I did take my girls at the end of June, and we had a blast, but we only went to the parks on weekdays. I'll just be sticking with that plan and hoping to have just as much fun, all by myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter