Solo

SG2022

Earning My Ears
Hello
I’m travelling solo from the UK in 2 weeks time staying in Kissimmee area. I’ve not travelled this far alone before but at 32 and single it’s difficult to find anyone who can commit who doesn’t have kids etc. I keep having moments of nervousness about being alone for 2 weeks. I have WDW tickets for the 2 weeks along with universal, if anyone needs a companion for a day at Disney or universal happy to come and say hello :-)

Last edited:
Enjoy your solo trip. I just did a couple of days solo and I met soem fun people just for chats and stuff. There is a pinned thread about solo trips and meet-ups - you might want to check that out.

I did my 1st solo trip last year from the UK and had an amazing time ~ going back again in September. Never felt alone met some great people and met a fellow solo traveller from the Dis from Canada for a visit to Ogas and we also did Seats and Treats on a couple of days where our visits crossed. I had little bouts of nerves prior to travel but was fine once I got there.
As BrianL says, check out the boards.
I just followed the usual safety guides for any traveller to heed.
You will have an amazing time!
Enjoy!

Enjoy your solo trip. I just did a couple of days solo and I met soem fun people just for chats and stuff. There is a pinned thread about solo trips and meet-ups - you might want to check that out.
Hi BrianL:
I searched solo trip reports, but couldn't find any? Is there still a thread about solo trips? IF so, how do I find it?
Thanks a bunch. I'm thinking of a solo trip and have never done one, so I' m in the researching stage.!

Hi BrianL:
I searched solo trip reports, but couldn't find any? Is there still a thread about solo trips? IF so, how do I find it?
Thanks a bunch. I'm thinking of a solo trip and have never done one, so I' m in the researching stage.!

I was referencing the meet-up thread, not for trip reprots. It is pinned at the top of the "Adults & Solo" section:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/solo-central-wdw-dcl.393800/

If you want to meet up with otehr DISers, that's a good place to post.

I'm glad you posted that too! I was just researching going on a solo trip Thanksgiving week and my birthday since I was going to be alone anyway. It seems many have done this and enjoyed it so I think I'm up for it!

I'm glad you posted that too! I was just researching going on a solo trip Thanksgiving week and my birthday since I was going to be alone anyway. It seems many have done this and enjoyed it so I think I'm up for it!
Hi my love, I’m home now. Honestly I had all the worries going about going on my own but I did it and I had the best time ever! I’ve travelled alone once before to Italy and that was completely different to Disney etc I don’t think there is a better place to go on your own! You won’t regret it! There’s so many benefits going on your own I literally did what I wanted and when I wanted every day, and the single rider queues meant I barely had to queue for anything, I also got chatting to a few people in the queues too! You will have a blast x

Thanks, BrianL, I will check it out:) I'm a little apprehensive about going solo but really want to give it a try.
Honestly solo trips are truly THE BEST. I had so much fun on my solo trips. I haven't been in a couple of years so I want to start planning another one soon. Its a nice time because you can do whatever you want and take as many breaks as you want. Or you can go crazy if that's your style. If you really want to, you can always meet up with other solo folks from disboards. Someone posted the solo link above.

Hi my love, I’m home now. Honestly I had all the worries going about going on my own but I did it and I had the best time ever! I’ve travelled alone once before to Italy and that was completely different to Disney etc I don’t think there is a better place to go on your own! You won’t regret it! There’s so many benefits going on your own I literally did what I wanted and when I wanted every day, and the single rider queues meant I barely had to queue for anything, I also got chatting to a few people in the queues too! You will have a blast x

I agree with everything, WDW is a great place to solo travel! Transportation is easy, you get a lot done each day, and the cast members are overall very friendly to solos.

So happy to hear! I'm excited that I'll be doing it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter