Some advice please

Swilcox

Mouseketeer
In 20 days my husband and I were all set to go on a second honeymoon to Disney World with plans to take our daughter on a (5th birthday) trip in late October.

Late last night I found out that I am pregnant. It’s wonderful news but the timing means that the October trip is out.

My daughter has been looking forward to this for a very long time so I am now trying to scramble and turn our honeymoon trip into a family one.

Does anyone have any advice for last minute planning? Barely any of my existing plans will work. I’m almost starting from scratch and she really wants to do the BBB and the Princess tea party.

Try to get any FP that you can which appeal to your family. The weather should be fantastic for your visit. I cannot comment on pregnant "safe" attractions.

First, congrats on your pregnancy! :dogdance:

My only advice is to not stress too much about the plans. No matter what I'm sure your daughter will have a fabulous time. If you can't get reservations for the tea party, maybe something will pop up at one of the other girly/princess events... try for CRT, Akershus, 1900 PF, Trattoria, etc. I would set up an ADR finder and keep checking. Things pop up all the time! Also, have you tried the BBB at Disney Springs?

We had to move our January trip back a week at the last minute and it all worked out OK. My advice in booking new FP is to take what you can get, then modify. For some reason more thing pop up that way. Don't be afraid to sit and refresh- what I do is hit "morning" over and over to keep it reloading. It's kind of like playing a slot machine!

As far as BBB and princesses go, if you can't book anything formal you can always bring a dress from home and put in your own sparkly goo in her hair. The Main St barber shop used to do fun girl hair- you could look into that. You can get FP to meet the princesses if you can't get a meal. At 4.5, is your daughter really going to know the difference?

Where are you staying? I know at that age my dd loved hanging out at the hotel pool at POFQ. I think your DD is going to be thrilled to be at Disney no matter what you do or do not get scheduled- just go and have fun!

If you can't get into BBB in MK, try for an appointment in DS or even try to get an appointment for a Princess Package at Ivy Trellis at GF (which gets rave reviews). I would also look for any princess meal if you can't schedule the tea (Akershus is our favorite, but there is also 1900 dinner, Bon Voyage breakfast and CRT if available).

+1 to the BBB in Disney Springs. I believe my daughter got in short-notice there for her birthday.

You can buy bring a dress from home and book a Princess package at the Ivy Trellis salon in the Grand Floridian- it includes hair (any style your daughter wants), nails and makeup. Both my daughters did this last year and loved it! So quiet and relaxed with such personal attention for my girls- highly recommended!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter