Some advice regarding Shutters from some lessons learned last week

I
I found the no picture data very frustrating but figured that was just a glitch. We are all so accustomed with GPS cameras to having location and date and time it is a little annoying not to have it but I don't pretend to know the intricacies of that whole system.

I actually wish that many of my pics didn't have borders and frames. I thought it would be like photo pass where they come frameless and you frame and add to it.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Honestly, don't care about location, but date/time data should be there. Found a utility that can add this to them - at least the names on the CD have the date the pictures were taken.

Borders - I think they do a decent job with them - the formal pictures just have the ship's logo and the month/year, and very unobtrusive. Character pictures are nice to have borders on.

I'm just surprised with the terrible support they have. I still yet to be able to talk to someone after 4 weeks, and they never replied to emails until now. They are now sending a canned email telling me where to purchase a copy of the CD every 6 hours!

I've been following this thread with great interest as we've also experienced issues with Shutters - today a 'response' from the Image Group has finally pushed me over the edge and I need to vent!!!

Hopefully you guys will avoid the same grief.

My family and I (group of 11) were on the 1-8 Sept Western Fantasy, we had 4 staterooms. To prevent confusion, I handed over my KTTW card for every photo.

We chose photos on the last night of the cruise due to the sheer volume we had accummulated.

Firstly we were mislead by the printed price list leaflet, there was no asterisk by the 20 digital photos CD package that stated stateroom restrictions. After speaking to the 'leader', he decided he'd had enough of us, told us that he was just employed by Disney and if we had an issue we must speak with Guest Services. We marched to Guest Services who informed us that Shutters was run by an independent company (The Image Group) and that there was nothing they could do. Fair enough.

What annoyed us was that the 'leader' had sent us to Guest Services knowing that it was futile and that they were ran by an independent company. From the start he should just have explained to us that Shutters was not ran by Disney so all their policies were out of their hands.

OK, irritating, but we wanted the photos so we chose 20 prints for $249.95 so that we could get over the stateroom restriction. I picked the photos up on the morning of debarkation - which was pandemonium. The staff member counted out the corners of '20' photos for me and I was whisked on my way.

After we get off, we realise we only have 19 photos - 1 photo is missing and another was duplicated, so we had 2 photos missing.

Once I'm back in the UK, DCL refer me to The Image Group. I send them an email and hear nothing. I call them up and speak to a human who asks me to email him the problems and reference photos. A week passes, nothing - no acknowledgment. I email again asking if my issue is being seen to, no response.

Then I submit a ticket through online support to make sure my email's being seen to, and today I finally get a response. It tells me what I should do if I want to order prints from them.

Suffice to say that the 'customer service' I've been subjected to thus far by this company has put me off from buying anything from them ever again.

This was my family's first Disney cruise. Whilst we loved the cruise itself, this photo chasing has really spoilt the afterglow of the cruise for us and we're really disappointed that Disney would contract such an irresponsible company. They also operate on all major cruise lines too - great.

LESSONS:

1) Do not try to complain about anything Shutters related to Guest Services, they only send you back up there with their apologies - waste of time.

2) Check, check and re-check all your photos individually and do not let them rush you - my biggest mistake.

3) Buyer beware. Do not expect Disney standards of customer service. The guy I spoke to on the phone very curt, bordering on rude, telling me that when people disembark, the assumption is that they have their correct photos, it is not the responsibility of their company for any mistakes we don't find straight away.

Rant over. I'll be back if I hear anything positive about solving our problem.

I wish everyone else better luck in their Shutters purchases and dealing with them!

SundayGirl said:
I've been following this thread with great interest as we've also experienced issues with Shutters - today a 'response' from the Image Group has finally pushed me over the edge and I need to vent!!!

Hopefully you guys will avoid the same grief.

My family and I (group of 11) were on the 1-8 Sept Western Fantasy, we had 4 staterooms. To prevent confusion, I handed over my KTTW card for every photo.

We chose photos on the last night of the cruise due to the sheer volume we had accummulated.

Firstly we were mislead by the printed price list leaflet, there was no asterisk by the 20 digital photos CD package that stated stateroom restrictions. After speaking to the 'leader', he decided he'd had enough of us, told us that he was just employed by Disney and if we had an issue we must speak with Guest Services. We marched to Guest Services who informed us that Shutters was run by an independent company (The Image Group) and that there was nothing they could do. Fair enough.

What annoyed us was that the 'leader' had sent us to Guest Services knowing that it was futile and that they were ran by an independent company. From the start he should just have explained to us that Shutters was not ran by Disney so all their policies were out of their hands.

OK, irritating, but we wanted the photos so we chose 20 prints for $249.95 so that we could get over the stateroom restriction. I picked the photos up on the morning of debarkation - which was pandemonium. The staff member counted out the corners of '20' photos for me and I was whisked on my way.

After we get off, we realise we only have 19 photos - 1 photo is missing and another was duplicated, so we had 2 photos missing.

Once I'm back in the UK, DCL refer me to The Image Group. I send them an email and hear nothing. I call them up and speak to a human who asks me to email him the problems and reference photos. A week passes, nothing - no acknowledgment. I email again asking if my issue is being seen to, no response.

Then I submit a ticket through online support to make sure my email's being seen to, and today I finally get a response. It tells me what I should do if I want to order prints from them.

Suffice to say that the 'customer service' I've been subjected to thus far by this company has put me off from buying anything from them ever again.

This was my family's first Disney cruise. Whilst we loved the cruise itself, this photo chasing has really spoilt the afterglow of the cruise for us and we're really disappointed that Disney would contract such an irresponsible company. They also operate on all major cruise lines too - great.

LESSONS:

1) Do not try to complain about anything Shutters related to Guest Services, they only send you back up there with their apologies - waste of time.

2) Check, check and re-check all your photos individually and do not let them rush you - my biggest mistake.

3) Buyer beware. Do not expect Disney standards of customer service. The guy I spoke to on the phone very curt, bordering on rude, telling me that when people disembark, the assumption is that they have their correct photos, it is not the responsibility of their company for any mistakes we don't find straight away.

Rant over. I'll be back if I hear anything positive about solving our problem.

I wish everyone else better luck in their Shutters purchases and dealing with them!

We were on same cruise!! Didn't you get digital DVD for twenty pack too?

LoriS said:
I am very confused by this. If I buy the cd of all my pictures, they are not really on the cd? What happens once you use the hyperlink? Are you then able to download all the photos to your computer? Any help would be appreciated, we cruise next Saturday.

It's this whole process through which you eventually download pics to your computer. I suppose then you could burn your own disc to share with others or to save for safekeeping. I just found that whole process silly and a colossal waste of time.

We were on same cruise!! Didn't you get digital DVD for twenty pack too?

Cool, hope you had as wonderful a time as we did (bar this incident)!

Nope, 20 pack was for either 20 prints or 20 digital copies on CD. My issue was that the stateroom restriction asterisk was not stated in that particular offer box. It was present in every other offer box except for the 10 & 20 pack offers, so we felt really misled.

Once we found out the ugly truth, we went for the print option so we could mix & match photos from our 4 staterooms and even that was messed up!

Does the stateroom restriction only apply to the smaller packages?

We purchased the full CD with all the pictures they took on our last cruise on the Dream last December. We had two staterooms. All the pictures from both staterooms were on our CDs (they gave us two CD's but we only paid one time).

Does the stateroom restriction only apply to the smaller packages?

We purchased the full CD with all the pictures they took on our last cruise on the Dream last December. We had two staterooms. All the pictures from both staterooms were on our CDs (they gave us two CD's but we only paid one time).

The policy is 1 CD per room. The only exceptions generally made are when there are 2 rooms with mom and child(ren) in one room and dad and child(ren) in the second room. For a nuclear family they will do 1 CD for 2 rooms. Not for extended family (mom, dad, uncle bob, grandma sue, and respective nieces and nephews). In that case, it's one CD per room.

If you have enough pictures to fill up one CD and they have to put the overflow on a second CD, there is no extra charge. You pay once for all photos taken.

:cutie:

SundayGirl said:
Cool, hope you had as wonderful a time as we did (bar this incident)!

Nope, 20 pack was for either 20 prints or 20 digital copies on CD. My issue was that the stateroom restriction asterisk was not stated in that particular offer box. It was present in every other offer box except for the 10 & 20 pack offers, so we felt really misled.

Once we found out the ugly truth, we went for the print option so we could mix & match photos from our 4 staterooms and even that was messed up!

Yeah. I assumed that the purpose of the ten/twenty pack was so you could intermingle state rooms too. I had friends that did the same and have had similar problems as you described. But I think they got prints and disc but I could be wrong.

Just as a side note. I purchased the package on the EBTA and am so glad I did! Yes it was a bit pricey, but I wasn't disappointed in the product.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter