Some advisements for strobe use/epilepsy (warning in red)

3DisneyNUTS

<font color=green>can't think of anything witty!<b
Walt Disney World Height Restrictions
Children under 7 should be accompanied on other attractions as well (Snow White's Scary Adventures, The Haunted Mansion, etc.)

* Kilimanjaro Safaris
While there is no age or height requirement for the Kilimanjaro Safaris ride, parents should caution younger children to the scarier elements.
* Countdown to Extinction
General health restrictions (see note), The minimum height requirement is 46 inches.
* Pirates of the Caribbean
Some scenes may be frightening for younger children.

* Big Thunder Mountain
General health restrictions (see note), min age: 3 years, min height: 1.02 metres (40 inches).

* Splash Mountain
General health restrictions (see note), min age: 3 years, min height: 1.02 metres (40 inches).

* Haunted Mansion

* Barnstormer
Min height: 0.9 metres (35 inches). Transfer from Wheelchair/ECV is required. Transfer from ECV to Wheelchair required for queue.

* Tough To Be A Bug
Some scenes may be frightening for younger children, and high volumes may cause discomfort for those with sensitive hearing. Strobe lights are used as special effects in part of this attraction.

* ExtraTERROrestial Alien Encounter CURRENTLY STITCHES GREAT ESCAPE (same format as AE)
General health restrictions (see note), There is no age requirement, however guest with electronic medical devices are advised to not enter. Also guest that have epilepsy are also advised not to enter.

* Grand Prix Race Way
General health restrictions (see note), min age: 1 year, for driver: min age: 7 years, min height: 1.32 metres (52 inches).

* Space Mountain
General health restrictions (see note), min age: 4 years, min height: 1.12 metres (44 inches).

* Body Wars
General health restrictions (see note), min height: 1.02 metres (40 inches).

* Test Track
General health restrictions (see note), min height: 1.02 metres (40 inches). Children must be 3 years of age to ride. An adult must accompany children under 7.

* "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience" - Magic Eye Theater
Some scenes may be frightening for younger children, and high volumes may cause discomfort for those with sensitive hearing. Strobe lights are used as special effects in part of this attraction.

* Maelstrom

* Star Tours
General health restrictions (see note), min age: 3 years, min age alone: 7 years, min height: 1.02 metres (40 inches).

* The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
General health restrictions (see note), min age: 4 years, min height: 1.02 metres (40 inches).

* Rockin' Roller Coaster
General health restrictions (see note), min age: 7 years, min height: 1.22 metres (48 inches).

* Checkout Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities for specific information regarding services and procedures for Guests with disabilities.

Note

Pregnant women and people with heart, back, neck, motion sickness or other similar problems should not ride attractions marked as having general health restrictions. Note that some attractions use strobe lights as special effects in part of some of these attractions.

Thanks for putting the list together. That was something I meant to do, but we had guests this weekend and I'm still not back to my usual things.

SueM in MN said:
Thanks for putting the list together. That was something I meant to do, but we had guests this weekend and I'm still not back to my usual things.
No biggie Sue it is actually a cut and paste of info I found. I just highlighted stuff in red for the seizure risk. :)

Hi. I'm completely new to the Disney Boards. I want to thank you for posting this information. We are going to WDW in December and my 5 year old is now having non-febrile seizures, so this will be a huge help to my family. Thanks so very much!

Mary

Thank you so much for the information--This is exactly what I needed!

tzuhouse said:
Hi. I'm completely new to the Disney Boards. I want to thank you for posting this information. We are going to WDW in December and my 5 year old is now having non-febrile seizures, so this will be a huge help to my family. Thanks so very much!

Mary

:wave: Just wanted to say welcome to the DIS...hope you and your family have a magical trip!!! :flower:

tzuhouse said:

Mary

Mary Disney was awesome with DS in Feb when we went and he was having 3-4 a day. So when I say "been there done that got the tshirt" I mean it LOL.

I have shared my experince on the boards so please if you need help navigating I will sure help you.

Sorry about the seizures but glad you found us. WDW is such a destressor for our family that we go often. Pretty soon I will need Disney Anonymous LOL

The day we were coming home was his last seizure so you could even say Disney cured my son. No I am just kidding. The seizures have been controlled since the 18th of February. So we are on our way to the one month mark :)

Any questions you have or any advice you need or have to give please post :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter