Some cute pixie dust on our last trip

Rjw615

Mouseketeer
This may not be the right board, if so, mods please move it to the correct location.

It was my DS and DD (5) for a short 3 day trip. We stayed at POFQ and while riding the bus back from Disney Springs to POFQ, about 1/2 way into the trip, a message came across the bus speakers out of nowhere and it said and I am paraphrasing here "Reminder ladies and gentleman to be on your best behavior today as we have a royal princess on board today." At first I thought how cute, but then as I looked around, I noticed my DD was the only kid on board at all and I looked toward the bus driver who was smiling back at us in the mirror and I looked at my DD's face and she was just speechless. I said "That's you!" She was grinning ear to ear and could definitely tell that made her day.

Just something we found really cool and it was small but our daughter just loved it and it brought a huge smile to her face and ours. I didn't know bus drivers had the capability of playing a message like that, so in the future, maybe you can ask them to do so.

And this is why I posted my (Diatribe) as one person put it in the transportation section, "Why I love riding the buses at Disney". The magic is every where, including the buses. My wife and I travel down evey year and one of the main reasons if for just what you described. A child having a special moment and that special smile that comes out because of it. I have seen many times a bus driver making an announcement over the PA regarding one of the "Special" riders. It is so wonderful, for us as well as for the child. I think the best one I ever experianced was in the evening we were coming back from the Magic Kingdom and three young princesses came aboard. All had been to the B B Boutique. Dad was right behind, looking dazed and confused as he struggled with strollers and bags. The announcement came over something like this, "Ladies and Gentlemen, let's all be on our best behaviour as we have three lovely princesses riding with us tonight, and for Dad whose pocketbook made today possible, a nice round of applause would be appreciated." We all started clapping and the Dad had a good laugh. He remarked his wife also wanted to be Booped as I call it but they said she was too old.

We have heard it on the bus a time or 2 also. We also saw something one night coming back to YC from Disney Springs a few years ago. This was at the old bus stop. Only us & 2 other families waiting. The bus driver pulled up & stopped a bit back from the usual spot, but he was in front of a couple with their young daughter. Driver got out, asked us all politely to wait just a minute. He stepped back in the bus, came out with a small red carpet & laid it on the ground in front of the bus steps. Walked up to the young girl, bowed & said something along the lines of “ royal princess, your bus awaits” & led her into the bus, with her smiling parents following along. If I remember correctly, he had dad take a picture of her on the red carpet, waving to us all. He then rolled up the red carpet & let the rest of us board. It was one of the cutest, most special things I have ever seen!

So happy the driver made your daughter feel so special. For all the ribbing WDW bus drivers take, they really are a big part of the magic!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter