Some guest were really upset with not getting any housekeeping!

I need a shower before I can get into bed, I feel gross trying to sleep unless I have one.

We had a horrible housekeeping experience this past October at Contemporary. Our towels and toilet paper started to need changing on the 3rd day so I called in the morning and asked. They said they would have someone come up that day. We got back around 9 pm from Disney Springs and we still had not been brought anything. I called down again, and they said they had no note of that. I asked if they could bring some in the next 30 minutes because I wanted to get my kids into the shower and off to bed since it was getting late. I also asked them to leave it outside the door and knock and leave. Well, an hour went by, my daughters had to use dirty towels, but I finally got them off to sleep. Right around 11:30 a guy came pounding on my door with the things we had requested. Woke up my kids and had the audacity to ask for a tip... I a very generous on tipping but nope.

Fast forward to day 5 when we were swimming in trash, and needed more towels. I called and again no one came. Finally called a housekeeping manager and apparently, we had no housekeeping on our reservation... I would have never requested that and in fact, I am very deliberate when I do my online check-in. The manager talked to me like I was an idiot, which was fun. So I can see these people being upset because I was upset. I have had much better housekeeping at Values and Moderates. Yet, one of Disney's most upscale resorts, and it's literally trash.

Problem with Disney hotel bed making; They throw the bottom flat sheet on the bed. Then they throw the top flat sheet on the bed. Then they throw that crappy, stretchy blanket on top of the two sheets. Then the sheet-like cover over the other three. Then they tuck in the covers all around and tuck it all in at once. So you open the bed at night and it all comes untucked. And if they put the first sheet on too far to the right or left, it leaves all of them without almost anything to tuck in when you try to remake the bed in the AM. I wish they would tuck in the bottom sheet all the way around and leave the others untucked on three sides, just at the foot of the bed.

Do y'all take showers before bed? Fresh and clean in having washed off the day. OR Get into bed after having spent the day out and about?
We take our showers in the evening. Can't stand going to bed dirty, especially at WDW after sweating all day. Grosses me out and I can't sleep because I can feel the dirt in me. No way would I get in bed dirty.

Problem with Disney hotel bed making; They throw the bottom flat sheet on the bed. Then they throw the top flat sheet on the bed. Then they throw that crappy, stretchy blanket on top of the two sheets. Then the sheet-like cover over the other three. Then they tuck in the covers all around and tuck it all in at once. So you open the bed at night and it all comes untucked. And if they put the first sheet on too far to the right or left, it leaves all of them without almost anything to tuck in when you try to remake the bed in the AM. I wish they would tuck in the bottom sheet all the way around and leave the others untucked on three sides, just at the foot of the bed.
I agree the execution is poor. First thing I do before getting into a resort bed is pull out the bottom sheet, top sheet and crappy blanket from the sides of the bed. I then retuck the bottom sheet independent of the top sheet and crappy blanket. Lastly I fix the bottom corners with the top sheet and crappy blanket.

I agree the execution is poor. First thing I do before getting into a resort bed is pull out the bottom sheet, top sheet and crappy blanket from the sides of the bed. I then retuck the bottom sheet independent of the top sheet and crappy blanket. Lastly I fix the bottom corners with the top sheet and crappy blanket.
I just bring my own bed sheets now, that is how much I hate the bedding at WDW. I move around a lot in my sleep and would wake up all tangled in the numerous sheets and feel like my legs where getting trapped. I slept so horribly all the time. I just get those jersey sheets from Target and they don't take up much space in my suitcase. Never slept better.

We shower at night too when at Disney. Generally in the morning as well for the but not the younger kids. I have to make Dh do the night shower lol. He’s always ready to jump into bed gross as ever and I am like you are not getting into that bed.

Okay, real talk about bath mats and bath mat towels....

Does anyone dry their feet with their towel before stepping onto the bath mat or bath mat towel? I know it's job is to absorb any water on my feet, but for as long as I can remember I have always needed to dry off my feet before stepping out the shower. Or is this just weird? 👀

I do!

I think Disney will do this as long as they can get away with it. Many hotels around the world offer daily housekeeping, and are able to do so with safety standards due to covid. This is just another thing now that they are taking away, but not companstating people for it. They cost of housekeeping is indeed caculated into the room rate.

There have been a few times when I totally remade the bed before we got into it the first time.

They are not offering housekeeping at the onsite hotels? This is the most confusing thread, not at all on topic lol

Dare I even bring up tipping? We generally leave a tip with a brief thank you note daily for our housekeeper when we leave for the day (generally we get tons of extra shampoo/conditioner, towels, etc with that) but now am torn if the service is hit or miss about doing it. I'm fine leaving the tip if they come but certainly don't want to leave a tip if they're just emptying trash with the security check (we'll probably just empty trash daily).

I think Disney will do this as long as they can get away with it. Many hotels around the world offer daily housekeeping, and are able to do so with safety standards due to covid. This is just another thing now that they are taking away, but not companstating people for it. They cost of housekeeping is indeed caculated into the room rate.
Yes, this is exactly what is going on. I am surprised they do not put a length of stay requirement in.

Yes, this is exactly what is going on. I am surprised they do not put a length of stay requirement in.
It's the unions and the agreements made. Complain to them , not Disney. I guess from the comments on this thread a lot of you will no longer stay at a Disney resort due to the amount , or lack of, housekeeping. Right?

So DH and I have traveled some while all this was going on, and no housekeeping in hotels has been the norm for a while...

So we kinda developed a new way to approach staying in a hotel room...

We ask for extra towels and pillows ... when checking in which gets it out of the way from the start... most times they just go in the back and hand whatever we wanted to us right then... some who have to send someone right up with it..

I bought a head towel wrap kinda thingy... I actually have 2 or 3 or them now, which saves a towel, I have long hair, and that's how I roll, ... I just hang it on the back of the door or whatever hooks they offer, and they dry pretty quickly...

I bring a shower puff to use in the shower, cuts down on wash cloth's.

We hang the towels up... after using... you can use hangers in the open style closets, and they will dry quickly...

As far as trash in the room, we ask what is the procedure or how to handle it... and it has been a variety of answers, some say to just tie up the bag and sit in the hallway outside the door, others said, there are extra trash bins at the end of the hallways, at the elevators or where you get ice... one just said let it pile up, so we just took it with us, each morning and threw it away in the lobby...not really one to let the trash pile up..

For us we really don't mind it... It just another thing to adjust to...

Last edited:
It's the unions and the agreements made. Complain to them , not Disney. I guess from the comments on this thread a lot of you will no longer stay at a Disney resort due to the amount , or lack of, housekeeping. Right?
I don't think most people are saying that. It's understandable to have reduced services during the pandemic. I think the concern is that the full service won't return...and THAT could be a deal breaker for some people.

Dare I even bring up tipping? We generally leave a tip with a brief thank you note daily for our housekeeper when we leave for the day (generally we get tons of extra shampoo/conditioner, towels, etc with that) but now am torn if the service is hit or miss about doing it. I'm fine leaving the tip if they come but certainly don't want to leave a tip if they're just emptying trash with the security check (we'll probably just empty trash daily).

Normally we tip every night. I don't know, if I see still towels refreshed, trash emptied, we will probably do the same as usual.

I don't think most people are saying that. It's understandable to have reduced services during the pandemic. I think the concern is that the full service won't return...and THAT could be a deal breaker for some people.
Speculating what might happen is a favorite pastime on the board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter