Some help choosing a resort!

Once.Upon.A.Time

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

My husband and I are planning a quick trip in February for my upcoming birthday. Adults only. Our last stay was at POFQ and we loved it. We also stayed at CSR before and loved it. Our parks will probably be Magic Kingdom and Epcot. I am just all over the place with choosing a resort. Thinking of CSR, Riverside, or CBR. I had stayed at CBR before many years ago so it would be new for my husband, but not me. So confused! Riverside would be new for the both of us, but we did walk there when we stayed at FQ. Some advice please! Thank you!

BC is fabulous, walking to Epcot (nice atmosphere) My DH and I also like the Contemporary. Easy walk to MK and monorail. I'm sure whatever you choose, you'll have a great time.

BC is fabulous, walking to Epcot (nice atmosphere) My DH and I also like the Contemporary. Easy walk to MK and monorail. I'm sure whatever you choose, you'll have a great time.

Thank you! It would be amazing if we could stay deluxe!

I'm a huge fan of CSR. It's close to Epcot, great food and just pretty. None of the moderates are close to MK so that's out of the equation. All three you are considering have multiple bus stops so again pretty equal there. I think it boils down to the atmosphere you prefer and maybe price. At times CSR can be more than the others. I'm not throwing the tower in the mix because frankly lot of times you can get Dolphin for the same price, which is walking distance to Epcot. I'd go CSR but like I said it's my favorite moderate.

I would do CBR. We stayed there for Thanksgiving 2021 and loved it with the Skyliner. We were in a preferred room in Martinique so very close to the food court and took the internal bus to the Skyliner. The bus to the other parks worked out fine.

I would do CBR. We stayed there for Thanksgiving 2021 and loved it with the Skyliner. We were in a preferred room in Martinique so very close to the food court and took the internal bus to the Skyliner. The bus to the other parks worked out fine.

Thank you!

We'd pick CSR. We haven't stayed at the others but have visited and CSR is still our favorite. We are also not (gasp) fans of the skyliner so that would definitely rule out CBR. Both times we've ridden the skyliner we had problems-once stuck for a while and the other time it stormed and waited over an hour to get back to YC.

OP; In order of what "you requested" POR or CBR
POR - Why not try a completely new resort and it has such a great theme.
CBR - New to your husband and we love the skyliner, used the skyliner many times from our stays at POP and CBR.
Our family had bad experiences with the monorail and buses, so we would have to eliminate just about all resorts if we based our decision on transportation.

Thank you all. We decided to go with GDT. Any tips? Booked a standard room. Two queen beds.
Ask for a high floor.
Even with a standard view you will have great views from up high.
We had a standard view and could see Galaxies Edge from our room ( if you looked down it was that parking lot, but in the distance was GE!).

It’s such a beautiful building. Just beautiful!

Ask for a high floor.
Even with a standard view you will have great views from up high.
We had a standard view and could see Galaxies Edge from our room ( if you looked down it was that parking lot, but in the distance was GE!).

It’s such a beautiful building. Just beautiful!
Thank you! I’ll request a high floor.

Have you priced out the Swan or Dolphin? They are sometimes the same price as a moderate and walking distance to Epcot.

We plan on doing an adults only trip in the next two years and Swan and Dolphin are on my list since I really enjoy the Epcot area resorts but BC/BWI/YC are super pricey.

Just for information, we stayed at CSR last November for two week in the tower. We have stayed there many times as it WAS always our favourite moderate but unfortunately not anymore. We had two further two week stays booked for 2023 but we have cancelled and booked The Wilderness Lodge instead.

For us the Disney feeling has gone from CSR and had the feel of just a convention hotel. In fact when speaking to one of the front desk girls she confirmed this.

Just to add, there is no disagreement over how beautiful the Resort is but, for us, the Disney feel has gone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter