Some ILL$ attractions moved to regular Genie+ for the holiday

Me too. Isnt that always the way to do things? Swing high and you can always go lower if it’s not working out...now it seems they are making a decision that will help.

If it increases the number of GP+ sales, they might just leave it!

My guess is that this will be a trial to deal with large crowds during the holiday season. Based on the 2 months of Genie Plus and ILL data, they probably saw that these rides had very low numbers of people paying ILL. In addition, it probably also had a lot lower amount of riders. There is probably a sizeable population of people that pay for Genie Plus, but would not pay the ILL for these rides, and which would not bother riding those rides. The ride distribution was probably not optimal. There is also probably a population of people that would not pay for Genie Plus because these rides are excluded, but which would now pay for it. For example, people may not pay for Genie Plus at Epcot because there aren't that many rides there. They also wouldn't shell out $ for ILL just for Frozen. However, with Frozen being included, people may now pay for Genie Plus.

By making it included in Genie Plus, they are probably hoping that 1.) A few more people use Genie Plus, which would offset the revenue lost for ILL; and 2.) Have ride distribution that better fits their optimized model. This is probably an experiment and depending on how it goes, it would probably inform what Disney does next.

My guess is that this will be a trial to deal with large crowds during the holiday season. Based on the 2 months of Genie Plus and ILL data, they probably saw that these rides had very low numbers of people paying ILL. In addition, it probably also had a lot lower amount of riders. There is probably a sizeable population of people that pay for Genie Plus, but would not pay the ILL for these rides, and which would not bother riding those rides. The ride distribution was probably not optimal. There is also probably a population of people that would not pay for Genie Plus because these rides are excluded, but which would now pay for it. For example, people may not pay for Genie Plus at Epcot because there aren't that many rides there. They also wouldn't shell out $ for ILL just for Frozen. However, with Frozen being included, people may now pay for Genie Plus.

By making it included in Genie Plus, they are probably hoping that 1.) A few more people use Genie Plus, which would offset the revenue lost for ILL; and 2.) Have ride distribution that better fits their optimized model. This is probably an experiment and depending on how it goes, it would probably inform what Disney does next.

This is a very logical, sensible and well thought out post.

Get that kinda thinking outta here. This is the internet where panic and chaos rule. We don't talk like that around here. :rotfl2:

I think they had to do this so that those buying Genie + feel like they are getting more value. The crowds are big, and from what I saw, a majority are purchasing Genie +, but not many are buying the ILL$ for the ones that they added to Genie +.
They say this is for a limited time, but I think they should consider keeping it this way. Hardly anyone was buying Space Mountain, Expedition Everest from our experience.
The extra hour started on our last day, and it was amazing. We were at HS and rode MMRR, TSMM, ToT and RnR in that hour. At park open, all rides were over an hour wait, with some over 2 and Rise over 3. We watched a few shows and then went back to the hotel for some pool time. Honestly, considering the cost and lack of other benefits for staying onsite, I also hope they keep the extra hour early entry.
That would be a nice change for them to give back some magic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter