Some info about PS at the Whispering Canyon Cafe

DisneyFanatik

DIS Veteran
When I called the other day to make my PS the CM told me that this has become one of the most popular places to dine. She said that it used to be that her first phone call of the day would be for Cinderella's breakfast, but lately it has been for dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe. The day I booked she said her first phone call was a woman booking a party of 10. I just figured that I would pass this along for anyone looking to make a PS here.

that is strange to me because I didnt care for the food at all,
and the server we had was terrible...

goes to show ya cant please us all.:(

We stayed at WL on our last trip and ate 2 breakfasts, 1 dinner there. While the breakfast food was definitely better than the dinner food we had a great server at dinner. It was truly a memorable experience. The food was okay at dinner, some a little dry but not awful. The service was so fun we could have cared less.

We did not have a ps for any of the seatings, were seated in 5 minutes. When I had tried for PS they never had any for a time that I wanted but they always accomodated us as a walk in. If you are staying at WL I would definitely recommend eating there.

When we went, the CM at the front was snotty, our server didn't participate in the hijinks (another server noticed and pulled the ketchup gag, but that's all) - we watched every other table having fun. The food could have come from our local diner. Not worth the money at all, and then we waited 40 minutes in the rain for a bus. Never again.

I think it's a love it or hate it place. We love the WL so eating there is sort of a given. It is loud, high stimulation place. That's not really my style. The food is very western, smokey type food. My DH loves it, I do not. I will try someting else next time. We found the resturant always busy on our last trip. They could not honnor our request to be seated earlier. Read all you can about the place and then make your choice.

Jordan's mom

We ate here this week and loved it. Food was great and atmosphere terrific. It was busy, but they got us in 60 minutes earlier than our PS.

We were at WL the first week of Feb and ate breakfast here 6 of the 7 mornings and never had/nor needed a PS. We particularly don't care for their lunch and dinner menus, so never ate there the entire week. It was always packed for dinner though.

I would only recommend it for families with children. DH and I went here because of all the positive posts here on the DIS. As you walk up the steps, we were seated at a table to the extreme left. All of the tables in our area were adults only, and we wondered if that was on purpose. The food was just ok, and we watched the kids having fun, but the wait staff catered to those with kids. I'd only go again if our grandchildren were with us.

This is one of our fvorite places . i love it, the cook actually came to our table and talked w/ us, and i asked for some recipes of the meal we were having and dang if she didn't go get them and bring them to me. i was shocked. still have those recipes from 2 yrs. ago.:Pinkbounc disneykid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter