Some logistics before my trip!!

Jsharp13

Mouseketeer
Hi all! I'm getting closer and closer to my trip and I'm generating a list of minor logistical questions. I figure I'd like to learn now instead of being stuck!

1) One day we will be at AK during the day, and want to go to Disney Springs at night. We might go back to our resort CBR, in which case we will bus and bus. But, if we feel like it, we might go straight from AK to Springs. I know there is no direct bus, so I'd need to connect at a resort. I think it would be fun to take the boat, so I was thinking of going to Old Key West or one of the Port Orleans resorts. Don't really want to walk around and explore those resorts, so probably would want to get off the bus and essentially head right to boat dock. Maybe that could just be a game time decision, when I see if a bus is ready to load from one of those three? (I picked these three because I stayed in SSR this year, so would be interested just to see something different).
Is there another method I should consider?

2) On our Epcot day, I am trying to see what to do in the evening... And, this too, might be a decision at the moment. One year, we stayed till after fireworks and the line for the skyliner was FOREVER. I know many said it moves fast; it did not move fast for us. My husband will freak out if he sees that line. I know one of my options (from asking here on these boards!!) is to just start to head out as soon as fireworks begin. If we're really tired that day or not interested in fireworks, we might do that.
But, I also made dinner reservations at Trattoria el Forno for 9:30 pm, thinking we could see fireworks and then head over to Boardwalk and eat and relax. But, that skyliner will stop running at 10 pm I think. So, I guess we'd need to get a Lyft from Boardwalk back to CBR, right?

I'll probably have more questions soon!

WIth regard to AK to Disney Springs. As you've stayed at SSR you will know you can catch the bus from AK to SSR and walk to DS from the nearest bus stop to the connecting pathway. We've stayed at OKW many times, but the boat only comes every half hour (not been since 2017 so I could stand corrected), so if you arrive 1 minute after, it's a long wait for the next boat. We're staying at POR next year, so cannot comment on the boat yet, but imagine it will be the same as OKW with the frequency. Another thing to consider is where you wish to go in DS first. The pathway, boat and bus all drop you in various parts of DS, maybe that will help you decide, unless you plan on seeing it all in the same night :D

Edited as I realised I mixed AK and MK - sorry

Last edited:
Hi all! I'm getting closer and closer to my trip and I'm generating a list of minor logistical questions. I figure I'd like to learn now instead of being stuck!

1) One day we will be at AK during the day, and want to go to Disney Springs at night. We might go back to our resort CBR, in which case we will bus and bus. But, if we feel like it, we might go straight from AK to Springs. I know there is no direct bus, so I'd need to connect at a resort. I think it would be fun to take the boat, so I was thinking of going to Old Key West or one of the Port Orleans resorts. Don't really want to walk around and explore those resorts, so probably would want to get off the bus and essentially head right to boat dock. Maybe that could just be a game time decision, when I see if a bus is ready to load from one of those three? (I picked these three because I stayed in SSR this year, so would be interested just to see something different).
Is there another method I should consider?

2) On our Epcot day, I am trying to see what to do in the evening... And, this too, might be a decision at the moment. One year, we stayed till after fireworks and the line for the skyliner was FOREVER. I know many said it moves fast; it did not move fast for us. My husband will freak out if he sees that line. I know one of my options (from asking here on these boards!!) is to just start to head out as soon as fireworks begin. If we're really tired that day or not interested in fireworks, we might do that.
But, I also made dinner reservations at Trattoria el Forno for 9:30 pm, thinking we could see fireworks and then head over to Boardwalk and eat and relax. But, that skyliner will stop running at 10 pm I think. So, I guess we'd need to get a Lyft from Boardwalk back to CBR, right?

I'll probably have more questions soon!

1. The fastest route from AK to DS would probably be a bus to AKL and then a bus to DS, but a bus to CBR and then to DS would also be fine. The boat docks at OKW, POR, and POFQ are close to their main buildings, so as long as you get off at the right stop for OKW and POR, the boat dock is close. However, as @nursejackie said there can be a wait. The boat ride is nice, if you have time. As you know from your previous stay, you can also take the bus to SSR, get off at Congress Park, and walk to DS. This might be faster than the double bus plan. The boats from OKW/POR?POFQ drop of at the far end of the Marketplace, close to SSR. I do not think they have restarted the boats from Marketplace to Westside.

If you take the bus from AKL or CBR it will drop you at the main bus depot which is pretty centrally located.

2. The Skyliner runs for about 90 minutes after Epcot closes, but this may not be enough time to have dinner and then make the Skyliner. So as to not rush, I would just take a Lyft. One other option is to watch the fireworks from the bridge between France and the UK, close to the International Gateway, and then get moving as soon as the finale is over. This may help the wait Skyliner, but know that others may have the same plan. Or watch the fireworks from China, and enjoy a leisurely stroll to the IG hoping the line dies down.

Thank you for these tips! Good to know about the boat wait. I think I'll go that route only if we don't feel like stopping back at the resort, and if we feel like having a wait at another resort. I'll just decide that day of, but these options are really helpful!
And thanks for the ideas about the Epcot firework night. I'll feel out the families wants that night. Maybe we'll be way too tired for fireworks and leave early, maybe we'll be ready for some hearty Italian food later, or maybe we'll even watch fireworks and just cope with those skyliner lines if needed!

1. The fastest route from AK to DS would probably be a bus to AKL and then a bus to DS,
While I agree that bus and then bus is likely the fastest way, I would not recommend AKL as the chosen destination for transfer. AKL buses stop at Kidani and then Jambo, so you’re adding a loop around the AKL property that you don’t need to, and an extra red light intersection coming and going. Bus via All Star Sports, Art of Animation, or CBR are likely to be faster. Not sure about CSR.

While I agree that bus and then bus is likely the fastest way, I would not recommend AKL as the chosen destination for transfer. AKL buses stop at Kidani and then Jambo, so you’re adding a loop around the AKL property that you don’t need to, and an extra red light intersection coming and going. Bus via All Star Sports, Art of Animation, or CBR are likely to be faster. Not sure about CSR.
This is true, but I recommended AKL because it seems like their busses are always available and move so quickly from AK.

Oh thank you, that's good advice about a larger resort. We've stayed at ASMu before so we're pretty familiar with that system. We'll see how we feel that day!

We always enjoy the boat ride from OKW to Disney Springs. If you're looking for a longer boat ride, I recommend taking the bus to Port Orleans from AK and then the boat to Disney Springs. Definitely allow plenty of time as others have already said as the boats don't run as often as the buses.

If you're at BWV for dinner, you could also take the bus to Disney Springs and then a bus to CBR if you're not in a big rush.

Thanks for the ideas; this is great to have a few different options depending on how we feel.
We're actually heading to DS for dinner, but hope to hit the boardwalk another time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter