Some Lounge Chairs now are bookable

mickeyvacationdreamer

Earning My Ears
I called to book a cabana (but they were unavailable - not surprised) and learned that the loungers in front of Ama Ama are now being rented! We were able to book a few of those for our trip instead of a cabana, which is fine with us since we mostly want to avoid the 7am chair hunt to have a more relaxing vacation. Hope this info helps someone with their vacation planning and makes Aulani that much more magical!

The casabellas in front of AmaAma is right next to a public pathway/stairs, a lot of traffic so not sure if you know that or okay with that. I think the 7am chair hoarding thing happens mostly on holidays and weekends (Fri-Sat), or maybe spring break. We did our resort day on Thursday and Sunday, even after 9am there were plenty of chairs.

Just to clarify are you talking about the lanai where there are two or three casabellas, are just regular chairs in front of AMA AMA?

It's just the regular chairs in front of Ama Ama. Unfortunately we will be there during a holiday so I'm expecting the holiday crowds. It will be our first time so maybe I'm overthinking it. After spending $$$$ to fly to and stay at Aulani, spending a few hundred more not to have to wake up at 6am for chairs (and to remember every hour to fluff towels) seemed worth it (I think?)

Last edited:
It's just the regular chairs in front of Ama Ama. Unfortunately we will be there during a holiday so I'm expecting the holiday crowds. It will be our first time so maybe I'm overthinking it. After spending $$$$ to fly to and stay at Aulani, spending a few hundred more not to have to wake up at 6am for chairs (and to remember every hour to fluff towels) seemed worth it (I think?)
Wait...I'm confused because I was just there last month and just want some clarifications...

You're saying they changed the regular chairs right in front of AmaAma to rental chairs but it doesn't come with anything? OR they converted them to a different type of rental chairs that aren't like the casabellas but still got some upgrade? Because if the literally did nothing to the chairs but charging $110 for a pair, that's ridiculous!

By the way, the lowest level in front of AmaAma is my favorite! We sat there 2 full days!

Wait...I'm confused because I was just there last month and just want some clarifications...

You're saying they changed the regular chairs right in front of AmaAma to rental chairs but it doesn't come with anything? OR they converted them to a different type of rental chairs that aren't like the casabellas but still got some upgrade? Because if the literally did nothing to the chairs but charging $110 for a pair, that's ridiculous!

By the way, the lowest level in front of AmaAma is my favorite! We sat there 2 full days!
Our trip isn't for a while so I can't confirm 100%, but I am not expecting anything else besides a pair of the regular lounge chairs in front of Ama Ama. After we go, I'll report back if I thought it was worth it!

We did manage to snag the lower level in front of Ama Ama for one day so look forward to it!! Does this come with pool-side service? I read that at the Cabana's, they have a button you can push if you want to order something. Do the casabellas have this, too?

So, for 4 chairs it would be an extra $210 a day or $1260 for 6-days…. but I never have to fight for a chair…. Hmm….

Our trip isn't for a while so I can't confirm 100%, but I am not expecting anything else besides a pair of the regular lounge chairs in front of Ama Ama. After we go, I'll report back if I thought it was worth it!

We did manage to snag the lower level in front of Ama Ama for one day so look forward to it!! Does this come with pool-side service? I read that at the Cabana's, they have a button you can push if you want to order something. Do the casabellas have this, too?
WOndering if you're allowed to bring your own chairs? It seems like buying a few from amazon and having them delivered to the hotel would be cheaper. Or maybe Disney should add more chairs so there isn't a need for people to rush for chairs. One can dream...

WOndering if you're allowed to bring your own chairs? It seems like buying a few from amazon and having them delivered to the hotel would be cheaper. Or maybe Disney should add more chairs so there isn't a need for people to rush for chairs. One can dream...
What a nightmare that would be….

I'm praying they didn't convert that area in front of AmaAma to rentals! But that price is interesting because the casabellas at AmaAma start at $175. So the $110 price makes me wonder if they are creating a new category of rental loungers?

1704820792958.png

We were there over Thanksgiving, originally had the Executive Lanai and a Cabana booked on our last two days, respectively. As others mentioned on this thread, we felt that not having to wake up early and rush to the chairs and worry about if we wanted to do something other than be on the chairs for more than 20m (though I don't think there was any enforcement of chair hogging at all, which is likely what caused the shortage), was worth it to us for a few days. We did cancel the cabana and replaced it with an extra Lanai day because none of the cabanas appeared to be in calm areas with ocean views.

I'm a little shocked that it's going to be $110 for 2 chairs (most of which do not have umbrellas, FYI), but would have been thrilled to pay $20-25/chair to secure a relatively calm ocean view chair.

FWIW, we spent most of the first 5 days in the (previously free) chairs in front of Ama Ama and I specifically recall hearing somone say they would switch to paid reservation chairs soon. A few of the chairs (and actually the Executive Lanai) are very close to the high traffic walkway and some have their views obstructed by bushes. Speaking of obstruction, you could rent casabellas on the beach (sme day walk up only) for about $100/day, but I think only one of them had a view that was anything other than 5+ rows of beach chairs. They either need to elevate them so that they are higher than than the other chairs or resituate them with at least some view of the horizon.

We were there over Thanksgiving, originally had the Executive Lanai and a Cabana booked on our last two days, respectively. As others mentioned on this thread, we felt that not having to wake up early and rush to the chairs and worry about if we wanted to do something other than be on the chairs for more than 20m (though I don't think there was any enforcement of chair hogging at all, which is likely what caused the shortage), was worth it to us for a few days. We did cancel the cabana and replaced it with an extra Lanai day because none of the cabanas appeared to be in calm areas with ocean views.

I'm a little shocked that it's going to be $110 for 2 chairs (most of which do not have umbrellas, FYI), but would have been thrilled to pay $20-25/chair to secure a relatively calm ocean view chair.

FWIW, we spent most of the first 5 days in the (previously free) chairs in front of Ama Ama and I specifically recall hearing somone say they would switch to paid reservation chairs soon. A few of the chairs (and actually the Executive Lanai) are very close to the high traffic walkway and some have their views obstructed by bushes. Speaking of obstruction, you could rent casabellas on the beach (sme day walk up only) for about $100/day, but I think only one of them had a view that was anything other than 5+ rows of beach chairs. They either need to elevate them so that they are higher than than the other chairs or resituate them with at least some view of the horizon.
So, if you could do it again you would do the Executive Lanai? I was out at 6:30am every morning on our last trip to get our preferred seating, but wouldn’t mind not having the stress of playing the chair game….

Attachments

• IMG_0703.jpeg
    IMG_0703.jpeg
    112.9 KB · Views: 44
So, if you could do it again you would do the Executive Lanai? I was out at 6:30am every morning on our last trip to get our preferred seating, but wouldn’t mind not having the stress of playing the chair game….
We would do it again if the other two Veranda locations were sold out. I liked those locations better (a little further from the intersection of two main paths) and I think the views were less obstructed. I think if you were 6" taller the views from the executive lanai might have been better? At one point I stacked like 8 folded towels to sit on inside the casabella.

Being able to view over the ocean to the horizon is one of my favorite parts of a beach trip, and I also like being away from the chaos of the family pool areas, so my thinking is that I'd probably try to do a reservation of either the executive lanai, veranda, or the Ama'Ama chairs every other day of the trip, and then plan early morning chair time followed by activities on the other days (crafts/painting, brunch, spa appointments, cooking lessons, etc)?

NOOOO! :sad::sad:I love that area in front of AmaAma! It's definitely a tuck away little oasis! I could see why they want to covert them and make money, especially they already have the lower deck built-in. Not that I'll be going to Aulani that soon again, but it still sucks.

haha I was out around that same time every day for my walk/jog around the lagoons and boy I did see early birds EVERY MORNING grabbing those front row seats!

haha I was out around that same time every day for my walk/jog around the lagoons and boy I did see early birds EVERY MORNING grabbing those front row seats!
Yeah, I think they are the best view seats at the resort! My husband was often out there by 6:30 and often not the first person there. He wouldn’t have minded except the cushions were wet at there were no towels around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter