Some thoughts and notes from our 2nd family trip

Mouse3Dad

Mouseketeer
To Set the stage:

Myself, DW, and DD7 are the only people going for this trip.

Our stay was at ASMu for 6 nights
Park Tickets for 5 days
Dining plan with reservations at

Crystal Palace (Breakfast)
1900 Park (Dinner)
Chef Mickey (Dinner)
Cinderella's Royal Table (Dinner)
Wolf Gang Puck's (Dinner)
Be Our Guest (Lunch)

The plans were for

Saturday - Magic Kingdom
Sunday - Magic Kingdom
Monday - Animal Kingdom
Tuesday - Hollywood Studios
Wednesday - Pool Day and Downtown Disney
Thursday - Magic Kingdom

As you can see we are like others big Magic Kingdom fans.

Just some notes:

ASMu Room - Quite a few problems.

1. When we first arrived the fridge wasn't on. We later noticed the plug was undone, but it took a good 14 hours before it came up to temperature.

2. No Safe Key. Called Maint and they did send a locksmith down to the room, after about 30 minutes they were able to install a new lock

3. Bathroom light didn't work. We had some issues with the light in the bathroom that didn't work at all times. Called maint and they said the issue was bulb related, but more related to the electrical connections internally. If you just tapped the glass cover the light would turn on,but expectations were higher then that as a solution.

4. The metal sheet that covers the furnace/AC unit fell off the wall when we were out of the room. When we returned it was laying on the floor. Since the cover was heavy and required a screwdriver to be re-attached, we did call maint to come and put the cover back on. Maint man came, worked on it for about 10 minutes, eventually got one of the 2 screws into the wall correctly, and then said that was acceptable. Since it was our last night I didn't worry about it too much, but thought it was odd

Overall the room was in good condition.

Observations from the Resort:

I am a smoker, my wife is a smoker. We will both take turns periodically at the smoking stations. There were a lot more people this time smoking in non-designated places, like right outside their room, or wherever they were walking.
I am not a fan, as this will eventually cause Disney to revoke all smoking at the resort. Come on people, walk the extra 50 feet to the smoking area!!!

Resort was clean, even power washing various areas of the resort during our stay. Cleaning elevator walls, hallways, trash from the walkways. Overall it was very clean.

Magic Kingdom Random thoughts:

Seven Dwarves Mine Train: Fast, fun, a little tight for a big guy, but i fit.

Anna and Elsa: Best use of a FP+ the whole trip

Magic Bands: Only issues was with Photopass+ sporadically not working. Not a huge deal as they just gave the photopass card instead. Otherwise the bands worked great

FP+: There were times we felt the entire trip was planned and we had to be somewhere at a certain time, but between the iPhone app, and the standby lines we were able to fit a lot more into the trip.

Smoking in the park: Same as above, people just seemed to not care about smoking locations.

Dining

CRT: Nice meal. Princesses seemed rushed more then usual.

Chef Mickey: Food was ok. Characters were great. Sang Happy Birthday to Donald!

1900 Park Fare: Step sisters and Step mom were great. Food was good. I was a little disappointed on the labeling of some of the food as not everything was labeled accurately.

Wolf Gang Puck's: Food was avg. Desert was fantastic. Sushi was great as well.

Crystal Palace: By far the best value. Food was great for breakfast food. Plenty of options. Characters took all the pictures you wanted.

Be Our Guest: Quick Service meal. We ordered our food when we made our reservation. The system didn't remember so we had to select our meals again. Overall dal cool and by far the best QS meal we had.

Earl of Sandwich: QS lunch. Really disappointed with the sandwich. Pretty sure there were 2 pieces of turkey on the sandwich.

Snack Credits: We didn't use many of our credits in the park so ended up using them at Goofy's candy shop. Definitely enjoyed the treats at home and for the next few days.

Other Notes

Bippity Boppity Boutique: Well worth it for our DD. We opted for the $60 package and brought a previous years halloween costume dress. One word of caution. Be prepared for GLITTER. GLITTER everywhere!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter