Some updated 50th Anniversary info - extended hours, etc.

Seems like a way to funnel people into certain parks. Might be cheaper for some people to even rent DVC points since all DVC's are deluxe. One other thing is it says certain night. It doesn't say every night. Probably just specific ones and when will the people know as we have to make reservations for parks.

Seems like a way to funnel people into certain parks. Might be cheaper for some people to even rent DVC points since all DVC's are deluxe. One other thing is it says certain night. It doesn't say every night. Probably just specific ones and when will the people know as we have to make reservations for parks.

Yeah, I assume it will be one park at a time, 1-2 nights/week. Enough to have a perk to advertise, and often enough that the average guest would have the chance to go to at least one in a typical ~week-long trip, but not incurring the every park/every day expense for a fraction of their guests.

Not exactly. Sounded to me like you must have a reservation for the evening park OR a park hopper & tap into tour first park before getting into the extra hours.

“Please note that guests will need a valid ticket or pass and a theme park reservation for the same park on the same day to experience extended evening hours. Or, guests may visit with a ticket or Annual Pass with the Park Hopper option as long as they entered their first park where they made their reservation earlier in the day.”

Yeah that was my question. Do you need a park reservation for the evening extended hours park or can you treat it like a normal post 2 PM park hop?

It looks like Deluxe/DVC accounts for about 27% of the total rooms (35% excluding Good Neighbor hotels). There are ~5k each of Deluxe and DVC rooms, ~7400 Moderate, and ~11,100 Value.

If it was really "extra magic hours, but with 1/3rd as many people" that would be an incredible perk, but I imagine they will offer it infrequently enough that a higher share of eligible guests will want to go, making it about as busy as before.

After all, if EMH are every day then I may only make the effort once or twice in a weeklong trip. But if I only have one chance for super-special deluxe EMH that is only offered once during my trip, then I definitely don't want to miss it, right?

Yeah that was my question. Do you need a park reservation for the evening extended hours park or can you treat it like a normal post 2 PM park hop?
From the DisneyParksBlog:
"Please note that guests will need a valid ticket or pass and a theme park reservation for the same park on the same day to experience extended evening hours. Or, guests may visit with a ticket or Annual Pass with the Park Hopper option as long as they entered their first park where they made their reservation earlier in the day."​

Not use to seeing DVC referred to that way but I guess it makes sense that that is what they are referring to.
They distinguish Villas vs DVC because DVC members that are staying at a value or moderate resort are not eligible for the extra nighttime hours. Likewise, non-DVCers that are staying at a DVC villa on cash ARE eligible for the extra hours.

If this stands I'm might rearrange the dates for my trips. I was fretting the whole time about
December crowds but if we can stay later with different booking I will do it. (we aren't rope droppers)

Hoping it extends to December. Also more info is needed. Certain dates ....um like when? People
do need to plan ...I mean look at the prices! I want to go the cheapest days....if there is such a thing
anymore.

Last edited:
If this stands I'm going to rearrange the dates for my trips. I was fretting the whole time about
December crowds but if we can stay later with different booking I will do it. (we aren't rope droppers)

Hoping it extends to December. Also more info is needed. Certain dates ....um like when? People
do need to plan ...I mean look at the prices! I want to go the cheapest days....if there is such a thing
anymore.
I agree, we are also not rope droppers and we are going in Dec. it might be worth it for us to change to deluxe depending on details.

my questions.. How long is the extended PM hours for resort guests? Are we talking 30 mins or 2 hours? How many nights a week etc. need more details before I would change my booking

They distinguish Villas vs DVC because DVC members that are staying at a value or moderate resort are not eligible for the extra nighttime hours. Likewise, non-DVCers that are staying at a DVC villa on cash ARE eligible for the extra hours.
So anyone staying at any DVC villa? Or just the villas attached to deluxe resorts? We always stay VGF or BCV but have friends we stay at RIV.

This makes me feel better about our trip in January. We are booked at Contemporary CL. It was a bucket list place that we have been saving for but I had been questioning whether it was ”worth it” or not. It still seems frivolous but after the last year and a half in health care, frivolous seems like an acceptable thing.

Yikes.. if the trend keeps going I can see free fast passes only for delux guest.. I was thinking of booking dolphin for next June but might rent points now.

I agree, we are also not rope droppers and we are going in Dec. it might be worth it for us to change to deluxe depending on details.

my questions.. How long is the extended PM hours for resort guests? Are we talking 30 mins or 2 hours? How many nights a week etc. need more details before I would change my booking

Exactly. Im not paying that kind of money 30 mins. Also Im sure there will be the Christmas party and
that is already extended for the price. I think it is terrible they are saying Deluxe or DVC only. The way
the moderates are priced they might as well be deluxe. The deluxe rooms are priced like villas lol

I am excited to hear about the extended evening hours. I hope they release more info soon. We don’t have park hoppers for our Dec. trip so it would be nice to know which park will extended hours so I can switch my park reservations if needed.

How did the extra hours work in the past for those not using it? Did regular ticket holders still get fireworks on those nights?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter