Some updated 50th Anniversary info - extended hours, etc.

I know Disney hasn't really offered "after hour" benefits for deluxe hotel guests before... but for dining / park reservations / day plans purposes... any idea when we might see a schedule?

Umm, who only goes on vacation to Disney for 4 nights? You can't get anything done in that amount of time. If Disney is my vacation for the entire year then of course I am going for a week. Geez, people with money think the rest of us should just take the scraps and be thankful. Sorry but when a value costs over $200/nt plus tickets that is not a cheap vacation. Everyone who ponies up the ridiculous prices should get the perks.
We usually go from 4-6 nights due to work schedules. I think my longest trip ever was 7 nights when my kids were small. And we usually stay at deluxe or POFQ because of transporation preferences. I also look for cheaper airfares. If airfare is ridiculous, I don't go during that time. I also am particular about planning dining. We dont' go all out in terms of book wherever you want/ order whatever you want. I will usually tell my kids, 'no lobster' or whatever is $60 a plate. I'm a witch.

That being said, I think the resort prices are really outrageous right now.

I think they will add the rest of the resorts soon enough I am thinking Nov. and leave off the good neighbor hotels.. hopefully getting rid of even the name so they are just in the disney area and no on site perks
Saw article today saying dolphin & swan plus new swan will get early and evening hours.

Every thing I see and read about Disney right now is all about the upcoming 50 th celebration. But once you look through all the smoke and hype what is really new and unique for the 50th? I'm not trying to be snarky at all here as I am truly curious about what everyone is getting so excited about and feel that I must be missing something.

Epcot will have new lights on Spaceship earth and Ratatouille (a ride that was supposed to be open over a year ago, so really had nothing to do with the 50th) in France, and a new night time water show. Is that it?

MK will have a new Fireworks show.

So besides each park having new lights on their signature Icon what else do we have to look forward to? I know we have all just gone through an epidemic but Universal didn't seem to have any problem getting their new roller coaster up and running already.

Personally we're hoping that there will be more things announced closer to October 1. We did an episode on this exact subject and the hopes that they actually do do some things beyond what you've noted and they've already announced. I would love to see some very unique and cool ticketed events, for example (like Club Villain, which was the best thing by far we've ever done at WDW). Or even things like the Merry Mingles they've done for DVC. The 50th does deserve to have some extra special fun, so hopefully they're working on it and what we know so far is just the beginning...

1. Does anyone know more about extended hours? Is it 1 more hour or 2,3?

2. when do you think we will see hours for October posted?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter