Somebody help! I'm stuck in the "waiting for WDW" time warp!

Orsba

Earning My Ears
I think that scientists should study the effect that waiting for a Disney World trip has on the space-time continuum. It seems like time slooows waaay down when I am waiting to go to Disney - every minute seems like an hour. However, it goes by so fast when I am actually there - each hour seems like just a minute. :p

Maybe we can call it Walt's Law? :teeth:

Oh, and I gladly will volunteer to participate in any experiments to study this phenomenon!

Anybody else having this experience?

We are right there with you......I think there is a certain point where it actually starts going backwards....:magnify:

I see you both have counters. OK, look at the seconds ticking away. See how slow they are moving? Now, savor this time! When you get to WDW, you can use this time warp to actually slow down your trip at the world. Enjoy WDW, stop and count the seconds! (I mean,stop, and smell the roses!)

Marie

It does feel like it is taking forever. ::yes:: But at the same time, I do not want to wish my summer away ( to fast anyway) :sunny: I know my trip will be here before I know it and I can't wait! ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Apparently, it is a variation of Einstein's theory of relativity. At varying points of things, you are busy getting prepared - you feel terribly rushed, like you don't have time for anything, yet, when you get it done, you look at the clock and realize that you still have plenty of time to do what you just finished. THen the time goes so slowly that minutes seem like days.

And when you have as much time to wait as I do, then it seems like the departure date will never get here.

I've got Walt's 2nd Law for you. It goes like this:

Productive Hours Worked = .5 x Normal Hours Worked + .5 x Normal Hours Worked x (Days Left Until Trip / Days Out Trip Was Planned)

Right now here's where I am:

4 + 4 x (10/60) = 4.66 hours

-DH

I completely understand, but I thought I'd post to tell you there is hope. We are finally reaching the point where time speeds up and it seems like it goes too fast, because there is so much to do

princess: Shelly

You know what someone needs to invent? One of those things the Jetsons use where they can teleport :teleport: themselver super fast to where they want to go. Just type in WDW and jump in the little capsule and you are there!

I would sooo be at Disney a lot more. Imagine how many little capsules Disney would need and how busy it would be?

Wow, I must have way to much time on my hands! :blush:

Originally posted by JKanownik
I've got Walt's 2nd Law for you. It goes like this:

Productive Hours Worked = .5 x Normal Hours Worked + .5 x Normal Hours Worked x (Days Left Until Trip / Days Out Trip Was Planned)

Using this formula I am at: 4 + 4x(209/277) = 7.02 productive hours. GIven that I am reading this most of the day while at work, I can't belive that this is accurate. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter