• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Someone Stole my Disney E-gift funds!

Thank you for the heads up. I just removed my GC from the site and when I will combine in the future I will add my cards to combine and then delete everything until next time. Not taking any chance with my vacation money!

Could you transfer the money on a physical GC and then delete it from the website?

Just tried again and it changes passwords for all sites. Annoying. I’m gonna call them about it as it’s been bothering me.

disney+ wasn't hacked, but often people use the same password for all their online accounts. These accounts tend to use their email address as the username.. So when a new service like disney+ comes out, people will try the email/password combo they got from other sites and lo and behold it works. At that point they could also try the same login/password on disney's gift card site. Everyone should be using a password manager and a different password on EVERY single site they use.
I'd love to use a different password on every single Disney site...but they won't let you. Once you change one password, they are all changed. They require you to use the same password across multiple Disney platforms.

I'd love to use a different password on every single Disney site...but they won't let you. Once you change one password, they are all changed. They require you to use the same password across multiple Disney platforms.
If you use a separate email address for each of your various Disney accounts (MDX, Disney+, Disney Gift Card, etc.) you will be able to use a different password for each of those sites. Not ideal, I know, but better than putting all our eggs in one basket.

My passwords for the gift card site and MDE are different...

Mine are also different and I've changed my pw on the giftcard site recently to something brand new and only used there. Though when I finally do Disney+ I plan on using a different email so I can have a different pw than MDE, I don't want them the same and think it's ridiculous they make it the same.

From a technical stand point, they are using the wrong terminology, as was discussed in the days after it happened. Disney+ wasn't "hacked," people already had their info taken from elsewhere on the web, and the thieves could use the previously hacked info to log into Disney+ because the email (and many times a password) is the same across accounts.

"Disney has now responded, saying only a “small percentage” of the service's 10 million-plus users have seen their usernames and passwords compromised and that Disney Plus systems were not breached by hackers. “We have found no evidence of a security breach,” a Disney rep said in a statement to Variety." From Disney Responds...

Instead of being hacked, the theft didn't occur on Disney+, it was what is known as credential stuffing. And is usually the result of people not changing their password and other credentials regularly.

From a technical stand point, they are using the wrong terminology, as was discussed in the days after it happened. Disney+ wasn't "hacked," people already had their info taken from elsewhere on the web, and the thieves could use the previously hacked info to log into Disney+ because the email (and many times a password) is the same across accounts.

"Disney has now responded, saying only a “small percentage” of the service's 10 million-plus users have seen their usernames and passwords compromised and that Disney Plus systems were not breached by hackers. “We have found no evidence of a security breach,” a Disney rep said in a statement to Variety." From Disney Responds...

Instead of being hacked, the theft didn't occur on Disney+, it was what is known as credential stuffing. And is usually the result of people not changing their password and other credentials regularly.

The Skyliner accident also wasn't an "accident" according to Disney and their technical standpoint.

Question: if you combine your balances to one GC and then delete that GC do the funds stay on the deleted card?

The Skyliner accident also wasn't an "accident" according to Disney and their technical standpoint.

Two completely different uses of the term "technical." It's important with the Disney+ situation because it's user issues that need to be corrected (people need to use different passwords, complicated passwords, and to change their passwords, Disney can't do that for them and that was the issue here; Disney+ was not hacked).

Two completely different uses of the term "technical." It's important with the Disney+ situation because it's user issues that need to be corrected (people need to use different passwords, complicated passwords, and to change their passwords, Disney can't do that for them and that was the issue here; Disney+ was not hacked).

Nope.

I've just changed my passwords for both the main Disney site and the gift card site to different ones. My D+ account also has a different password. Same email address for all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter