Someone who has done dessert party - 8:50 resvtn.?

disdrmg

Mouseketeer
We are doing the dessert party on a MVMCP night and after 4 attempts with the same CM to book the reservation she finally booked us for an 8:50 reservation. The other times that came up were 8:30 (twice) and 8:45. I was actually happy that we got a time for 8:50 because I am a little hesitant about missing the Christmas party, so I thought this would give us more time - we could watch the parade at 8:15 then dart over to do the fireworks party. BUT I am also realizing that a lot of ADR's are for 8:30 (one hour prior to wishes at 9:30) SO when we get there are we going to be rushed and will the desserts be picked over by then (choc. covered strawberries)??

I was told when I booked that all ressies would be for 1 hour before the fireworks. I din't realize they even booked for different seating times anymore with this. For the desserts, they are supposed to continue putting of fresh for the entire party. Mabye someone who has already been could help??

I am a bit confused by this as well. The CM I booked the dessert party with didn't know anything about it. She told me that it was from 8:30 to 8:55. I asked if it was only 25 minutes long and she said yes. Then she said something about being there an hour before Wishes. So I am completely lost. :confused3

We just did the dessert party last week. Wishes was scheduled for 9p, our reservation was for 8:05, had recently heard of people getting staggered times though. We were told to be there 15 min before our time. Well, when we got there, we got in a line that just grew and grew. No one was let in until around 8:15(don't get the whole staggered times as they let everyone in according to their place in line). Either way, there was plenty of desserts (even chocolate covered strawberries) and they kept restocking them. During and after the fireworks, the desserts are still out so you don't need to rush to leave immediately. It was a great way to see the fireworks without all the pushing and shoving that can happen elsewhere in the park.

lurkernj - was it reserved seating with your name on the table or was it the order in which you were let in? Do you think an 8:50 ADR for a 9:30 Wishes is enough time??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter