Something About Nothing ... #12

Good morning :coffee:

Rain, rain and more rain for the foreseeable future here. Danielle and I were going to see Bohemian Rhapsody today but it's so nasty out we may postpone it until next week :umbrella:

New pup Jack is busy creating mayhem as dogs that age are prone to do. This morning I discovered that he had moved his bed out from under the porch roof and into the rain so all of his bedding was soaking wet. Now I have to get new cedar shavings and find another old blanket for him to sleep on. But he's so cute and sweet that I can forgive him.

My FIL's birthday was on Christmas and he was disappointed that everyone gave him birthday presents wrapped in Christmas paper so I always made sure to give him his gift wrapped in birthday paper. It's funny that both of his sons were born on Valentine's day and Trey was born on April fools day.

Hope everyone has a marvelous Monday :flower1:

Didn't know your boy was born on April 1st.....now I know 2 people with that birthday...…..

We want to see BR too......love some Freddie...……

Had a lovely day with my best friend......nice lunch and we chatted all day.....didn't notice the time...…

But, on different news....….I`m taking my mum to New York again next year!!!!!

Talked to her tonight and she`s keen to go back......so lord willing it`ll be a June trip....looking at flights now and then get a hotel booked on Long Island...……:D

Time for 3rd POTC movie…….

That is awesome Schumi, so nice mum wants to travel with you to NYC again.

Kids are feeling better, thanks all. Older one has to up his allergy meds, that and another box of tissues.

My DM is a New Year’s baby, and we always celebrate her birthday instead of a New Year’s themed day. It was always hard for little one when young, as an end of summer baby, no one was ever around to celebrate with her.

Well, nice relaxing day. Even did some shopping with older one, and since DH is home, steak in the grill.

Hi Everyone,
We celebrated the holiday today with a trip to Volcano Bay! It was a perfect day; low crowd, not too hot, water temps just right. The only downside was telling the kids last night that we were going & they had us awake at 6:15 am......did I mention that the park didn’t open until 10am. Grrrrr >:( Won’t make that mistake again for our Thanksgiving trip!

Our oldest daughter’s birthday is January 8th. The big benefit to that is if she didn’t get something she really wanted for Christmas, it’s probably on clearance for her birthday. See....I’m always thinking......hehe.

So many good movies out right now! Taking the kids to see the Nutcracker one after school tomorrow. It seems to be very Tim Burton-ish, even though he didn’t direct it, but we love those type of movies. Hubs has promised me a date night to see BR next Saturday. I have heard all good things from those who’ve already seen it.

Hope everyone & their kiddos who were under the weather are recovering. Holidays are coming, ain’t nobody got time to be sick!!!

Lynne, glad to see kids are doing better....hope it doesn’t spread to you and DH........

Glad you had a nice day albeit slightly later park start than planned........

Another busy day today........well, busy morning anyway.......

Anyone flown Delta Internationally??? Looking for opinions on them as carriers. They also fly from Scotland so would save mum travelling down here first before we fly out, I could go up there, and easier for her when we come home......that overnight flight home is difficult. Especially with having to be there so long before the actual flight.

Also realised this morning I haven’t purchased one thing for Christmas.......need to get cards done before we go as we don’t come back to the 10th......don’t fancy starting to shop then......I like to be organised and hate all those manic shopping crowds........yes, I can get some things online, but do like a mooch around the stores when they are all decorated for Christmas and the Christmas music on........although I suppose it’s like that already.........

Time for breakfast.......no bacon this morning.......

Have a great Tuesday.........

[
Lynne, glad to see kids are doing better....hope it doesn’t spread to you and DH........

Glad you had a nice day albeit slightly later park start than planned........

Another busy day today........well, busy morning anyway.......

Anyone flown Delta Internationally??? Looking for opinions on them as carriers. They also fly from Scotland so would save mum travelling down here first before we fly out, I could go up there, and easier for her when we come home......that overnight flight home is difficult. Especially with having to be there so long before the actual flight.

Also realised this morning I haven’t purchased one thing for Christmas.......need to get cards done before we go as we don’t come back to the 10th......don’t fancy starting to shop then......I like to be organised and hate all those manic shopping crowds........yes, I can get some things online, but do like a mooch around the stores when they are all decorated for Christmas and the Christmas music on........although I suppose it’s like that already.........

Time for breakfast.......no bacon this morning.......

Have a great Tuesday.........

Good morning all.

Schumi, we flew Delta to the Caribbean in March. The trip was fine. They're a pretty typical US carrier. Our international flight was about 3 hours, so everything was an extra charge, as is the way with US carriers. I assume if the flight is long enough they give you an included meal (but I don't have any first hand experience with that recently). Checked bags were an extra charge and they did arrive with us both ways.

I would say they were fine but nothing to get excited about.

upload_2018-11-13_6-48-12.jpeg - ah, Schumi. LOL Sorry, never flew with Delta, but easy traveling is always is worth the interest, and glad to hear Princess has at least no bad thing to say about using Delta.

Well, a nice short week to start. But a very messy commute. Lots of spin outs, flooded streets, swerving around puddles, and rain, hard enough, had to keep going from fast to regular windshield wiping. Thankfully, in the mid 40's, so just cool rain. Different story, by Thursday. They are talking snow, and 36 the high. Sigh. So not ready for the winter.

Woot! To Tgrgrl, glad you had fun at VB. Great that you are 2 weeks away from more fun at the Dark Side.

Morning Princess, hope you enjoy your coffee or tea, or drink of choice. I'm a tea drinker, so tea is almost ready. Kinda day, tea will be needed all day.

And, lest you forget the day, with this honoring, long week-end, it's a Tuesday. And y'all know what that means. Yep, Mac's on a Taco Bell run. It's
images

With that, tea for me. Have a totally nice Tuesday, homies.

View attachment 364779 - ah, Schumi. LOL Sorry, never flew with Delta, but easy traveling is always is worth the interest, and glad to hear Princess has at least no bad thing to say about using Delta.

Well, a nice short week to start. But a very messy commute. Lots of spin outs, flooded streets, swerving around puddles, and rain, hard enough, had to keep going from fast to regular windshield wiping. Thankfully, in the mid 40's, so just cool rain. Different story, by Thursday. They are talking snow, and 36 the high. Sigh. So not ready for the winter.

Woot! To Tgrgrl, glad you had fun at VB. Great that you are 2 weeks away from more fun at the Dark Side.

Morning Princess, hope you enjoy your coffee or tea, or drink of choice. I'm a tea drinker, so tea is almost ready. Kinda day, tea will be needed all day.

And, lest you forget the day, with this honoring, long week-end, it's a Tuesday. And y'all know what that means. Yep, Mac's on a Taco Bell run. It's
images

Cheers, Lynne. I'm a coffee drinker and I really need it this morning. :coffee: I will drink tea sometimes but usually coffee.

Three more work days until our trip. I did my instacart order last night for breakfast stuff and snacks. No, Instacart, sadly 6300 Hollywood Blvd is not my billing address.

I took my daughters to see Nutcracker and the Four Realms yesterday. It really was not my favorite, aside from some of the costumes. I disliked it a lot, and my kids were definitely not fans. My youngest asked "What was your least favorite part?" , which is the opposite of what she usually says after a movie. Don't want this to be a rant, I'm just curious about what others think. Did you like it? What did you like? What am I missing here?

[

Good morning all.

Schumi, we flew Delta to the Caribbean in March. The trip was fine. They're a pretty typical US carrier. Our international flight was about 3 hours, so everything was an extra charge, as is the way with US carriers. I assume if the flight is long enough they give you an included meal (but I don't have any first hand experience with that recently). Checked bags were an extra charge and they did arrive with us both ways.

I would say they were fine but nothing to get excited about.

Thanks Princess...….yes, we get a meal and afternoon snack.....but not sure about them at all...….we are so used to Virgin Atlantic and TC.….

lol.....yes, bags arriving with you is always a bonus!!! :rotfl:

Haven`t checked the baggage yet.....we get 2 x 23kg with both the UK carriers as we fly Premium usually......need to look some more.....thank you though...….

View attachment 364779 - ah, Schumi. LOL Sorry, never flew with Delta, but easy traveling is always is worth the interest, and glad to hear Princess has at least no bad thing to say about using Delta.

images

Yes, trying to be more convenient for my mum......but not sure...…..

Shame about your weather......doesn't sound nice at all...…..we have beautiful sunshine and quite mild.....I`m sure it won`t last!!! But please don`t send any snow over here......lol......

Cheers, Lynne. I'm a coffee drinker and I really need it this morning. :coffee: I will drink tea sometimes but usually coffee.

Three more work days until our trip. I did my instacart order last night for breakfast stuff and snacks. No, Instacart, sadly 6300 Hollywood Blvd is not my billing address.

You could try that with the billing address...….:laughing:

Three more days...…...:cheer2:

I took my daughters to see Nutcracker and the Four Realms yesterday. It really was not my favorite, aside from some of the costumes. I disliked it a lot, and my kids were definitely not fans. My youngest asked "What was your least favorite part?" , which is the opposite of what she usually says after a movie. Don't want this to be a rant, I'm just curious about what others think. Did you like it? What did you like? What am I missing here?

Welcome Wayland10...…..

macraven will be along to officially welcome you, but didn't want to ignore you...….:wave2:

Just finished lunch...….lazy afternoon of flight checking, looking at hotels....and some almost done trip report...…..::yes::

Ready to start the next one soon...…….16 more sleeps...…...:jumping1:

Good morning everyone. Super rainy cold day yesterday and looks like more of the same today. There is actually a possibility of a wintry mix Thursday morning. Yuck.

Welcome Wayland. I have not seen the new Nutcracker movie, but have heard mixed reviews. My daughter is a dancer and has not expressed any interest in seeing it.

Gotta run. Expecting a slow day at work today.

But he's so cute and sweet that I can forgive him.

Yep- that's how they all get away with their naughtiness! They do it in the cutest way!:)

I`m taking my mum to New York again next year!!!!!

How nice- I'm sure your mum is thrilled!! :goodvibes

We celebrated the holiday today with a trip to Volcano Bay! It was a perfect day; low crowd, not too hot, water temps just right.

How nice to be local!! Glad you had a great day!!:thumbsup2

Our oldest daughter’s birthday is January 8th. The big benefit to that is if she didn’t get something she really wanted for Christmas, it’s probably on clearance for her birthday. See....I’m always thinking......hehe.

Troy's is January 7- and yes- we take advantage of after Christmas sales!!:cool1:

Three more work days until our trip.

:cheer2:

Hello @Wayland10 !! So nice to meet you!!:goodvibes

Dreary here today!! Yesterday afternoon, I cut our lawn for the last time this season! and did some leaf cleanup as well as cut down the rest of the flowers:( So sad- it'll be gray here until May!:sad:

But 8 days until we leave for Ft. Lauderdale!!:sunny: Sun, warmth, and visiting with Kyle & Erin! We miss them so much!!

:welcome:

To the newest homie

Wayland10

Hope to see more of you now. Once you post in the thread, you inherit a new family

About your question on the Nutcracker, I’ve never seen it .....

Morning Sans family :wave2:

Had a dusting of snow on the rooftops this morning.

The stores here are slammed already with people buying Christmas decorations.

Hope you`re doing better now Robbie...…...:)

Doing good. Thank you. Hope all are well in your home.

Talked to her tonight and she`s keen to go back......so lord willing it`ll be a June trip....looking at flights now and then get a hotel booked on Long Island...……:D

Great news for a another mother daughter trip to New York. I know you are thrilled to take your mom back. party:

We flew over to England many moons ago on Delta. Think it was about 25 years ago. Was nice then, but everything has changed since then....Hope no matter who you choose that everything works out for you both and you have a great trip.

Cheers, Lynne. I'm a coffee drinker and I really need it this morning.

I do like my big mug of coffee in the morning too...:surfweb:

Hope everyone has a great Taco Tuesday.

Need to get into my office this morning and shuffle some paper.

Good morning ....almost afternoon :coffee:

Welcome to the darkside wayland :goodvibes

We never made it to the movies yesterday...we opened the front door to go and it was pouring buckets so we decided against it. We may do a double feature next week when the new FB movie comes out.

Glad you and your mom are going to NY again Carole. I haven't flown Delta internationally but no complaints on their domestic service. It's funny my FIL was a captain for Delta and flew the London and Frankfurt routes back in the 80's. I'm still kicking myself for not taking advantage of the free first class flights when I had the chance :sad2:

It's still wet and dreary here...at least it's not snowing but we could really use some sunshine :sunny:

Anyone doing a run for the border grab some tacos for me too!

Have a wonderful day everyone :flower1:

Morning Sans family :wave2:

Had a dusting of snow on the rooftops this morning.

The stores here are slammed already with people buying Christmas decorations.

Doing good. Thank you. Hope all are well in your home.

Great news for a another mother daughter trip to New York. I know you are thrilled to take your mom back. party:

We flew over to England many moons ago on Delta. Think it was about 25 years ago. Was nice then, but everything has changed since then....Hope no matter who you choose that everything works out for you both and you have a great trip.

I do like my big mug of coffee in the morning too...:surfweb:

Hope everyone has a great Taco Tuesday.

Need to get into my office this morning and shuffle some paper.

Thanks Robo…….yes, we are excited to go back again...….I`m thinking we`ll stick to who we know for this trip again...….better the devil you know and all that......glad you`re doing ok......we`re all good too :hug:

Good morning ....almost afternoon :coffee:

Welcome to the darkside wayland :goodvibes

We never made it to the movies yesterday...we opened the front door to go and it was pouring buckets so we decided against it. We may do a double feature next week when the new FB movie comes out.

Glad you and your mom are going to NY again Carole. I haven't flown Delta internationally but no complaints on their domestic service. It's funny my FIL was a captain for Delta and flew the London and Frankfurt routes back in the 80's. I'm still kicking myself for not taking advantage of the free first class flights when I had the chance :sad2:

It's still wet and dreary here...at least it's not snowing but we could really use some sunshine :sunny:

Anyone doing a run for the border grab some tacos for me too!

Have a wonderful day everyone :flower1:

It`s good evening from me Vicki!!!!

Yep, happy to take her......oh what a miss with the FiL…….lol......free first class flights are the best!!!!

Hope your weather picks up soon...….yep, nobody wants snow...…..:wave2:

Still not picked flights.......will keep thinking about it...…..

No tacos for us...…..

Dinner is antipasto, shrimp in Marie Rose sauce which is really our shrimp cocktail over here......mayo and ketchup mixed together with a load of cayenne pepper for us and a good squeeze of lemon......some olives, some spicy some not......and stuffed cherry peppers...….Tom wanted some Rosemary bread.....I had no fresh rosemary so it`s a ciabatta from the deli...….maybe cheating but it`s so good!!!!

Rain has left, and now windy and cool feeling. Clouds almost have that look of snow. Sigh. Toasty is more my happy weather.

I keep thinking I want to see the Nutcracker, but have not gotten there yet. I am more set on seeing Mercury bio, but neither kid seems that interested in that one either. We all are going to see the new Potter movie this weekend. Tickets were bought awhile ago. Love that reserved seats, most of our cinemas have. No rush to get in there, and save seat when getting food or having to go out.

Will still fire up the grill. First, it will send off warm, and it's right outside the door, so I have no problem bopping back and forth.

Rain has left, and now windy and cool feeling. Clouds almost have that look of snow. Sigh. Toasty is more my happy weather.

I keep thinking I want to see the Nutcracker, but have not gotten there yet. I am more set on seeing Mercury bio, but neither kid seems that interested in that one either. We all are going to see the new Potter movie this weekend. Tickets were bought awhile ago. Love that reserved seats, most of our cinemas have. No rush to get in there, and save seat when getting food or having to go out.

Will still fire up the grill. First, it will send off warm, and it's right outside the door, so I have no problem bopping back and forth.

Yes, we’ll only go to cinemas, on the very rare occasion we do go, it’s got to be where we can reserve seats in advance........

No interest in the Nutcracker.......but, the Queen story, yes, they were an amazing group.......I saw them at Live Aid and they were spine tinglingly spectacular!

Just got back from seeing it a few hours ago & I HATED it. Ugggh, such a disappointment. Kids said it was ok but they didn’t talk about it afterwards like they usually do. Misty Copeland’s dancing was the best part, by far. Oh & that it was a mercifully short film. Costumes were lovely but the acting was terrible, especially the Nutcracker & Keira Knightley. Helen Mirren, what were you thinking???Jokes fell flat with our almost-full theatre so it wasn’t only me.

Last edited:
Yes, we’ll only go to cinemas, on the very rare occasion we do go, it’s got to be where we can reserve seats in advance........

No interest in the Nutcracker.......but, the Queen story, yes, they were an amazing group.......I saw them at Live Aid and they were spine tinglingly spectacular!
You were at 1985 Live Aid???? Oh, so jelly!! Best concert ever....for my generation anyway. Thank goodness for YouTube so I can watch the highlights whenever I want.

You were at 1985 Live Aid???? Oh, so jelly!! Best concert ever....for my generation anyway. Thank goodness for YouTube so I can watch the highlights whenever I want.

Yep, it was amazing!! The atmosphere was phenomenal.....and seeing those stars live was fabulous...I wasn't really one to go to concerts back then so this was out of this world.

I`d never go to anything like that now crowd wise......I`m not good if I can`t see an escape route in an emergency......that's what comes of working in the industry I was in for a long time.....lol......even today whenever I go anywhere new, I still look for where the emergency exits are.....anywhere!! It`s ingrained in you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter