Something About Nothing ... #12

Where is patttyw?

She leaves this coming week for the big O

And where are Tgrgrl, Monyk, Robo, Tink, agavegirl, squirlz, Bobbie, Buckeev, princess blaster, etc
I'm here :wave:

Getting ready for work...time for coffee :coffee:

Still haven't started packing yet. We leave on Thursday at the crack of dawn. Hope we get to meet up with patty and squirlz while we're there.

Safe travels for Carole, Janet, Patty and squirlz :goodvibes
Have a great day everyone :flower1:

Last edited:
Good morning everyone. I am awake way too early today. The snow is falling. I’m going to try to get back to sleep.

0427D14B-CAA1-4FE2-899B-D07081DC8172.jpeg
Morning Charade and Tink. Another overnight temp in the teens.

Baking is just about done. Decorating the gingerbread men and houses, including little one’s mansion one she made, only thing left. Oh, and little one wanted to make another batch of chocolate chip cookies to munch on while decorating.

Yeah Charade, we are playing the weather roulette percent chances too. So far, weather guy says 60 to 70 percent chance we get just cold weather, and no snow or other wet stuff. Snow showers are predicted for Friday though. Fine with me. Just wish this Arctic air would go back to where it came from.

Yesterday morning, there was some snow showers, but the sun was shining as it fell, so nothing stuck, and only the grass was mushy.

So, Sunday it is. Safe travels today, Schumi, welcome back Keisha, and wahoo to Buckeev enjoying the parks. And more wahoos to Squirlz and Patty, safe travels this week.

Thus, this minion is right: 14142E72-6616-4C30-8560-37415A4BB4A5.jpeg

but darn it, this minion is right:

F37E30EF-3F51-43BF-91DC-74482C956A9E.jpeg

Have a blessedly good Sunday homies.

Good Sunday morning homies!

Ok
Now I know where some of the peeps are

Safe travels for squirlz and his wife which is practically here

How do peeps sleep the night before a trip?
I know I don’t very well

Took a look at the weather channel
For many it will not be welcomed
For me, hitting 40 today is ok
Will be much better when the non stop rain goes away

Morning Sans family :wave:

Big mug of hot coffee in hand this morning. It’s 29 here.

And where are Tgrgrl, Monyk, Robo, Tink, agavegirl, squirlz, Bobbie, Buckeev, princess blaster, etc

Hey! :wave2: Mac was at granddaughters graduation yesterday and dinner after. Thank you and all the other Sans family who sent congratulations for her. It was a lovely ceremony. We are so proud of her. It seems like just yesterday I was holding her in my arms singing to her...now she is all grown up.

Someone at the dinner last night told me they have the only working phone booth in the US for Superman to change in.......I told him we have a British Phone box in our town to access entry into the Ministry of Magic.......He looked at me and said what!!!!!........his wife looked at him and said from Harry Potter.

Sending good luck wishes to Lynne’s daughter, Charade daughter and Bobbie68 daughter as they all research and await answers from there prospective college choices.

Lynne I bet your house smells good with all the baking you have done. Sounds like you have been busy. We will all be right over to sample the goodies.

Tink have a good day at work.....just think you will be in the warm Florida sun soon.

Have a great trip to Orlando squirlz and Mrs Squirlz. Enjoy your time at RPR and the parks.

Schumi hope the decongestants are working for Kyle and he is feeling better today. Have a safe trip back home across the pond.

Lynne and Monyk hope your kiddos are doing better.

To all the other Sans family I have missed :wave2:

Have a great Sunday.

:coffee: Waiting on coffee to finish. only one up so far. Slept in til 10 yesterday-after being woke up briefly by middle kid getting her laundry from our room. SHe had her ACT yesterday morning. Didn't have to march in the parade due to windchill in 20's, but no snow. Even saw sun briefly yesterday. DH took the kid out to lunch after at Bass Pro and they stopped in briefly to wonders of Wildlife museum...and a pic with Santa-he was in the tank with an elfWoW Santa.JPG
Had a party last night, was fun. Home by 10. Musician friends wanted us to go out to different bar with them-would have been fun-but we decided we were old and not up for it :rotfl:. Trying to keep everyone healthy (knock wood).
Safe travels to keisha, schumi, squirlz pattyw. Hope Kyle was ok on the long plane trip home.

Lynne the baking sounds wonderful! Meant to do some yesterday, but with the sleep in I was just being lazy. Need to get some done today. Chili will be on stove as temps starting in teens. But I see the sun! Had White Christmas and Miracle on 34th street on yesterday...

Charade hope the snow stays away! Our big prediction from a week out of maybe the most snow since 2014 turned into a big fat nothing.
Mac-while I'd take rain over snow rain does get old really fast when it lasts for days...

Someone at the dinner last night told me they have the only working phone booth in the US for Superman to change in.......I told him we have a British Phone box in our town to access entry into the Ministry of Magic.......He looked at me and said what!!!!!........his wife looked at him and said from Harry Potter.
:rotfl2: In our house there would also be an argument for a TARDIS...

Coffee is done! Think it will be in the HHN mug this am...

Good morning again. It is now 10:00, a much better time to get up. I don’t know what I will be doing today, but I’m pretty sure hot chocolate will be involved.

Baking is just about done. Decorating the gingerbread men and houses, including little one’s mansion one she made, only thing left. Oh, and little one wanted to make another batch of chocolate chip cookies to munch on while decorating.
Sounds wonderful. I haven’t done any serious holiday baking in years. We have some cookie dough from the band fundraiser, so that may be my baking for this year.

How do peeps sleep the night before a trip?
I know I don’t very well
I never sleep well before a trip. Especially if I know I have to get up really early.

I read something recently about how people are repurposing the red phone boxes. They had been turned into things like little libraries, and even a cell phone repair kiosk. I don’t think that would work as well with an American phone booth though.

Charade hope the snow stays away! Our big prediction from a week out of maybe the most snow since 2014 turned into a big fat nothing.
It has been snowing since about 6:00 this morning. It’s supposed to continue almost all day. I think the city has pretty much shut down.

In our house there would also be an argument for a TARDIS...
Now that would be cool.

Right now the cat and I are the only ones awake. I guess I’ll get some breakfast and wait for the other to wake up. Today might be a good day to watch Christmas movies.

Where is patttyw?

She leaves this coming week for the big O

I'm here!! Been a crazy, busy week! Yesterday and today we're painting the boys' bedrooms! It's 34 today and sunny!:sunny:
I know you Southern folks are shuddering at that, but this is wonderful for us!! Above freezing AND sun!!

Yep- leave Thursday for Orlando! :cool1: Looks like chilly temps for Orlando! Have to bring the layers!

Safe travels for Carole, Janet, Patty and squirlz :goodvibes

Thanks! Same to you Tink!!:goodvibes

Have a great Sunday all!!
74694390-word-happy-sunday-with-smiling-snowman-blurred-background.jpg

I’m here waving to everyone! I’ve been doing quick post readings this week....Busy, busy BUSY ( in my Frosty The ⛄️, Professor Hinkel voice)....watching the weather this morning, so far no tornado warnings yet but it’s heading this way. Girls have a Christmas dessert dance show this afternoon right when the nasty stuff is supposed to hit.....yaaay.
Ran errands literally all day yesterday & during our allotted 15 minute mall flyby, saw that there was no line for Santa ( Christmas miracle!) so I pushed the girls towards him for a quick visit & photo ( for the low price of $24.99, plus tax, ouch), taking a deep breath to not freak that they were in their black dance leotards & not cute holiday outfits. Whatever, I have to let it go. It was now or never this year.
Of course, my friends are all teasing me about the photo because I am a traditional old school Southern Mama and I don’t allow the girls to wear black. The dance outfits are my only concession because I can’t control it. Ugh!!! If only I could......
Hope everyone has a great week & stays healthy & warm!!

Last edited:
Packing is just about done. Tying up loose ends so we can leave tomorrow. Have to be on the road by 7:30 AM. Ugh. Flying into Sanford, picking up a rental then driving to my Mom's about an hour away, then on to RPR on Tuesday.

Safe drive to the airport and smooth flight for youse

Hope you do get to met up with some of the homies

Have a great vacation

Good Afternoon Sans Family:wave:...I am here for roll call:D. Thanks for watching out for us Mac:goodvibes

I was busy yesterday with some house stuff then taking our two friends up to Six Flags for Holiday in the Park. It was very cold only high 20's low 30's. It was nice to visit they have never and they love Christmas lights. We were there only about 2 hand a half hours and had to leave. We got to eat there and grab some snacks. We have the dining plan where we eat all year for one price. We go so much it works good for us. Today was a big push in the house to get some stuff done. Just went shopping and taking a few minutes before I go off and make meatloaf for dinner.

It looks like our weather will be high 30's to 40's the next week or two, with rain. Hey I will take it over snow any day!

Last year was the first year we put up a real tree in many years. We have always had bad luck with the cats. Last year went good and I was so happy. This year we got to little ones running around and it won't be good, so I broke down and ordered a small artificial tree. I figure I will need it for Florida anyway, this way less mess this year. I hope I like it:teeth:

Lynne, Your baking sounds delicious and I agree your house must smell wonderful. There is nothing like fresh baking going on in the house.

Tink Exciting to have such a short count down to warm weather and family fun! Hope work went well today.

Mac I hope the rain stops soon for you. I hear you on the no sleep before a trip. I am lucky if I get a couple of hours. I am busy doing things to the last minute.

Robo I am glad you enjoyed your granddaughter's graduation and dinner sounds great! Thanks for the good luck wishes with college acceptance. I have remembering when she was just starting Kindergarten now she is graduating high school.:scared1:

Charade Hot chocolate anytime is awesome. I use to use the instant than started doing it with milk yum!!... I hope the snow isn't too bad for you to get around tomorrow.

Monykalyn I hope the ACT scores come out with what she wants. I feel the same way these days about going out to late! The pic is so cool I have never seen something like that before.

Patty I hope the painting went well! I hear you 30's and 40's with sun for me I will take even though I wish it was another 40 degrees hotter. I hope the cold spell doesn't last too long while your down there.

Tgrgrl The girls dance sounds really fun! Glad that you were able to get in a Santa visit even though the outfits weren't your preference. I totally use to be like that, I have to say Liv is very old fashioned with her clothes which is fine with me:thumbsup2 I hope the storms weren't too bad.

Squirlz Schumi and Keishashadow hope you guys all had good trips! Schumi I hope your son was okay to fly back today:goodvibes

Have a great night!!:wave:

saw that there was no line for Santa ( Christmas miracle!) so I pushed the girls towards him for a quick visit & photo ( for the low price of $24.99, plus tax, ouch), taking a deep breath to not freak that they were in their black dance leotards & not cute holiday outfits. Whatever, I have to let it go. It was now or never this year.

I bet it was a cute picture - 2 dancers with Santa.

Packing is just about done. Tying up loose ends so we can leave tomorrow

Have a great trip.

Last year was the first year we put up a real tree in many years. We have always had bad luck with the cats. Last year went good and I was so happy. This year we got to little ones running around and it won't be good, so I broke down and ordered a small artificial tree. I figure I will need it for Florida anyway, this way less mess this year. I hope I like it:teeth:

I’ve only had a real tree once and never with the cat. When we go to FL in December we either put up a small tree or sometimes no tree at all.

Charade Hot chocolate anytime is awesome. I use to use the instant than started doing it with milk yum!!... I hope the snow isn't too bad for you to get around tomorrow.

I’m going to make it with Hershey’s cocoa and real milk and a little cream. I have peppermint to add to B’s and peanut butter chips to put in mine. I don’t think I’m going anywhere tomorrow.

We have at least 9 inches and the snow is still falling.

Wow, you hit it big, Charade. Our chance now is 100 percent, no snow, just above freezing for most of the daylight hours tomorrow, and a dry stretch starting. When we do get a chance of rain, will be an 8 day run without wet. Nice. Good time for hot chocolate, yum. Might as well relax, and hope you do not loose power. We go below freezing later tonight, once again. Joy. As little one says, it’s cold. Yes it is. Wind chills make it feel like low 20’s.

South is no fun with snow. When we were stationed in NC, a little bit of snow, lots of accidents, spin outs, and sliders. Locals rarely had all season, let alone winter tires. We both grew up driving in snow, and have always kept all season tires on our vehicles, no matter where located.

All boxed, and wrapped up. Lots of home made presents ready. Gave some to DM to give out too. We tried some new to us, like fruit cake cookies (older one really liked them, and know what to do with them better next time), Citrus biscotti (orange and lemon flavor - too much work, and does not make a lot, but great tasting), and spicy, cheesy mixed nuts. May do the nuts again, easy enough to make and taste good, but they are expensive to make. Hehe, little one decorated her three house wide mansion and snake ginger bread cut outs. All were fun to decorate; the rest were single houses, two sizes, and men. Made 3 dozen more chocolate chip cookies. I think we all had one, but they were bagged up too. Can never have enough chocolate.

Was going to make steak, but after the run to stock the house for the week, we ended up with other. Pasta and chicken. Will do the steak for dinner tomorrow.

Now just relaxing, and getting ready for work and school tomorrow. I think I need another short week. Hmm, will determine that tomorrow. Thinking a two or three day week would be fine. Maybe even a one. Hmmm.

And countdown is less than month now. Woot! And of course, the one, and maybe only time we will be visiting Potter parks in January, and no celebrations of the boy this year. Oh well. And March, Schumi? Hmm, I really want to see Mardi Gras and ride on a float. Ack, now I need to look at pocketbook, airfare, and hotel. Having an AP, I need to get the most out of it. Sigh.

Hey, at least you got Santa pictures, Tgrgrl. Bet they were still cute. And yeah, I would have bought the overpriced pictures too. Older one wanted nothing to do with sitting with Santa, or any dressed character, for years when young. I like seeing kids dressed up in holiday outfits at the mall, and always take a peek when it is pet day with Santa.

Hi Lynne, mac, Robo, charade, squirlz, monyk, patty, tgrgrl, bobbie and anyone else who is reading along :wave2: hope you're all having a great night.

I got off at 3 today and went to get a pedicure and waxing after work...thought I would get some shopping done afterwards since I had 2 hours before it started to get dark (I can't drive at night). It took all 2 hours for a simple pedicure and wax so no shopping for me. I arrived home and the satellite was out again so I crawled under the deck to make sure Jack hadn't been chewing again. It looked okay but the area where the pipe was taped together was bent but not chewed up so I did all the usual fixes and still no signal. I called directv and the earliest they can come is Wednesday morning so no TV for 3 days.

Sorry to be a downer but I just had to vent.

Hope tomorrow gets better....this vacation can't come soon enough.

That stinks Tink. Hope you can get the satellite fixed soon than 3 days. Yeah, sometimes my pedicure can take longer than I wanted too, like 2 hours. Here, sun sets before 5pm. I can drive in dark, but do not like to do as much now. Am sure you can shop another day. All are having longer hours as the days get closer to Christmas, most will be open earlier and later hours. Hope what you needed can be bought tomorrow. Hope you have a day off coming, and will send mummy dust that time goes quick until vacation day.

Tink....3 days before they can come out?
Don’t you leave on Thursday?

I hope Direct tv has a cancellation so they can work you in earlier

3 days is too long to go without tv...

When we moved to Georgia, we had to get TV set up quickly
(Basketball season)

We signed up for dish and got their satellite disc

After our one year contract was up, we cancelled and went with cable tv

Now when it rains, we always have tv

I'm hoping it's just the wet weather that has it out but who knows? :confused3 we can't get cable here in the sticks or I would have it by now.

I'm watching a dvd now of Avengers Civil War so at least I have that and the dis to keep me entertained.

Yes Lynne, I can shop on my lunch break since Walmart is next door. It's just for a few pretrip things and stocking stuffers so it will be fine. I don't have a day off until our trip starts on Thursday.

Only 4 more days:cool1:

upload_2018-12-10_7-39-55.jpeg

images
You know when it's cold. DH actually remarked it was cold out. Yeah, hon, 25 does make it feel cold.

But hey, the sun is making it sunny out today, even if the clouds are trying hard to block it. But yeah, upload_2018-12-10_7-41-25.jpeg ::yes::

And hey, a hehe,
images
-- yeah, as I said, 25 this morning. Light weight winter coat on. Well, that and heated seats, and 78 degrees on the car heater.

Lest your Monday is not funny yet, here's another hehe,
images
. Sounds like Tink's place. LOL (not really, having no TV or internet stinks)

Finally,
images
-or tea, then I'll raise my hand. :coffee: On number 2 and going for 3 cups of tea so far. I need to be where's it warm. :dancer:Yay! Tink has a 4 day countdown.

Okay, have to really end with a last funny,
upload_2018-12-10_7-52-35.jpeg

A :dog:specific post. Yeah, I know, more tea is needed. Later homies. Stay warm, hope all are healthy, and happy.

:santa: counting down.......15 is the number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter