Something About Nothing ... #12

@schumigirl Is the AMG MB like an MGB? We had an MGB convertible about 20 years ago.. TINY car.. I loved driving it, but it was kinda scary when you could look UNDER the 18 wheelers next to you on the highway. (I know nothing about cars except how to drive one)

No, it’s a Mercedes Benz, but to put it simply without getting too complicated it’s higher spec than the regular Merc’s........all our cars are AMG line just cause my dh is very much a car person........well, we all are really.........he likes nice cars and who am I to disagree :D

Kyle actually has the same car right now, but slightly smaller engine and not as many toys......fabulous car all the same......but it’s 3 years old, so time for a change.

:banana: :bounce: :dancer: :jumping3: :jumping2: :cool1: :Pinkbounc

I think that about sums it up! :rotfl2:

Lol.........actually that’s like Kyle tonight.......he’s buzzing!

No, it’s a Mercedes Benz, but to put it simply without getting too complicated it’s higher spec than the regular Merc’s........all our cars are AMG line just cause my dh is very much a car person........well, we all are really.........he likes nice cars and who am I to disagree :D

Kyle actually has the same car right now, but slightly smaller engine and not as many toys......fabulous car all the same......but it’s 3 years old, so time for a change.

Lol.........actually that’s like Kyle tonight.......he’s buzzing!
I have a 2012 Cadillac CTS-V station wagon. 6 speed manual, 565 HP. It's a beast!

I have a 2012 Cadillac CTS-V station wagon. 6 speed manual, 565 HP. It's a beast!

Wow! That’s a car!

I remember seeing one of those up against a small sports car and it won.......think it was on Top Gear few years back.......

Must google to find out what it was........

Wow! That’s a car!

I remember seeing one of those up against a small sports car and it won.......think it was on Top Gear few years back.......

Must google to find out what it was........
It beats a lot of cars that cost twice as much and more. It might not have the sophistication or the panache but I really like a sleeper.

It’s Wednesday..........

And it’s still raining here.........but it’s early.......hoping it will clear up. Dh wants to go to the cinema this afternoon.........fills me with dread, but will see........

No cooking tonight as Wednesday is my evening out with my friend............Tom cooks for him and Kyle.....

Have a great Wednesday.........

I shouldn’t be awake at 2:40 in the morning, but here I am. Yesterday was a very long day. I had to get up at 5:00 which meant that I got almost no sleep the night before. (I can never sleep well if I know I have to be up really early.) I left home at 6:15 and didn’t get to my destination in Richmond until 9:40. They neglected to tell me about all the road construction and horrible traffic around the hospital. Then when I finally got inside I found out that the doctor was running almost an hour late. I finally got my testing done, grabbed a very quick lunch (there was a Chick-fil-A in the hospital), and got home at 3:00. I managed to get a 15 minute cat nap before having to pick my daughter up from school. Next was music lessons and then supper. I fell asleep in my recliner while watching Tv.

Schumi - NHS is based on academics, but also includes leadership, service, and character. WHen I was in it (ages ago) I don’t remember ever doing much, but I think at my daughter’s school they require active participation. I should know more on Thursday.
Wow, I can’t even imaging getting a new car every 3 years. Mine is almost 15 years old and we’ve finally decided it is time for a replacement. My husband had to get a new car last year. I can’t really complain though. His last car was free. His mother gave it to him when she became unable to drive herself anymore.

Lynne - No Taco Tuesday for us. A local hibachi grill was doing a fundraiser for daughter’s school’s theater department, so we had to go and support the arts.

Chuckers - My cat is great a chasing flies, but has never caught one. We have to get to them first or he will tear the house apart.

Squirlz - I almost had a picture of the Key West buoy from our visit years ago. Something happened to our camera and we lost all of our vacation pictures. This was back in the days before digital cameras.

I’m going to try to get back to sleep now.

Happy Hump Day, homies!!

What's worse, a fly in your cuppa or @Metro West reminding you that there's a greeting card (aka tax bill) from the Commonwealth of VA lurking on the desk? Oh well, it's only money.

Congrats on Kyle's new car, @schumigirl With his auto allowance from work DH can only keep a vehicle for a max of 4 years. He just went from a Toyota 4Runner.....to another 4Runner. He is nothing if not predictable. At least he meets my creature comfort requests and does get the toys I ask for. I've become bored with my 2yr old perfectly reliable and functional Subaru Outback Limited. I want to go back to a full size SUV. We've got it narrowed down to either the Toyota Sequoia or the Tahoe. I'd love to go back to the Nissan Armada....until they destroyed the body with the '17 release.

23 DAYS!!!!!!

Oh you all will sound like my little one. She wants a sports car. Yeah, when you spend your own money and pay for the insurance. Once she gets her license in the Spring, I guess we'll be searching for a car for her. Was hoping to get my mom's too, but she's still driving it, and uses it to visit her 97 year old sister. Of course, little one does not like her car. Hey, I remind her, it's my pocketbook. We keep cars for years too. I can't believe mine is a year old. That year went fast.

But, it's Wednesday, and that means:

th
Yep, the day of the week, that means half way to the week-end. Yay!

Hope you get better sleep and the test you had will give the result you want, Charade. Yep, the mom taxi. Sounded like you had a long day.

Yay! Kyle gets his new car soon.

Pooh, the tax bill. Mail I hate to see too. We have local taxes in the fall and spring.

Enjoy your dinner with your friend Schumi. I'm sure the food will be lush.

The rain is out to sea, and only a shower or two is left. We are having a soggy start to today. But, the is a glow in the cloudy horizon. We may see some sun today. Yay! But that means, the cold front is creeping in, and the temps will drop as the day enfolds. Sigh, in the 30's tonight. May have to take the pumpkins in. We'll carve them the day before Halloween. I like them as decoration. Also sigh. I think the kids or DH got into the candy. May have to make a run to the store for more.

With that I need tea. It's almost too cool inside, so hot it is. Steeping nicely, so later homies. Have a terrific Wednesday.

@Charade67 Good luck on the test. Does your cat sit and meow at the fly because it can't reach it? I have two that do that. Also, if I see both of them together, looking at something, I know it's a bug in the house. The two of them never get that close.

@schumigirl I hope he gets a lot of joy out of the car! Someday I hope to get a really nice special car!

Happy Wednesday all!

You probably know that the number 11 is a prime number.. but did you realize that both it's digits are a prime number (1) and if you add the digits (1 + 1), you get another prime number, 2! It's also the smallest 2 digit prime number. 11 is considered a "Twin Prime" with 13 because a twin prime is any number that is 2 digits higher/lower than the next prime number. Pretty cool huh?

But what I really like about 11, is that in 11 weeks I'll be all primed and ready to go on my vacation!!!

main-qimg-6ac8c3cb41ab8455c80cb509fc10fa16-c

(Today, I could have used the number of hours until vacation: 1776 - which would have had a lot of trivial things to post about.. but I felt it was too easy.)

Good morning everyone.

Congrats to Kyle on the new set of wheels :car: I usually drive my car till it dies...don't like car payments and the high insurance rates that go with them. Trey got a speeding ticket in his new car a few months ago and our rates went through the roof. It was his first ticket and it taught him to slow down which no amount of nagging on my part did so at least some good came out of it.

Pooh, I would choose the Sequoia since I'm partial to Toyota.

Chuck...how many days is it now?

Hope you pass your tests with flying colors Charade.

Happy hump day to all :flower1:

I shouldn’t be awake at 2:40 in the morning, but here I am. Yesterday was a very long day. I had to get up at 5:00 which meant that I got almost no sleep the night before. (I can never sleep well if I know I have to be up really early.) I left home at 6:15 and didn’t get to my destination in Richmond until 9:40. They neglected to tell me about all the road construction and horrible traffic around the hospital. Then when I finally got inside I found out that the doctor was running almost an hour late. I finally got my testing done, grabbed a very quick lunch (there was a Chick-fil-A in the hospital), and got home at 3:00. I managed to get a 15 minute cat nap before having to pick my daughter up from school. Next was music lessons and then supper. I fell asleep in my recliner while watching Tv.

Schumi - NHS is based on academics, but also includes leadership, service, and character. WHen I was in it (ages ago) I don’t remember ever doing much, but I think at my daughter’s school they require active participation. I should know more on Thursday.
Wow, I can’t even imaging getting a new car every 3 years. Mine is almost 15 years old and we’ve finally decided it is time for a replacement. My husband had to get a new car last year. I can’t really complain though. His last car was free. His mother gave it to him when she became unable to drive herself anymore.

Lynne - No Taco Tuesday for us. A local hibachi grill was doing a fundraiser for daughter’s school’s theater department, so we had to go and support the arts.

Chuckers - My cat is great a chasing flies, but has never caught one. We have to get to them first or he will tear the house apart.

Squirlz - I almost had a picture of the Key West buoy from our visit years ago. Something happened to our camera and we lost all of our vacation pictures. This was back in the days before digital cameras.

I’m going to try to get back to sleep now.

Hope the tests go well Charade......always a worrying time....lack of sleep is hard........

With cars we`ve always done that......only kept one car 4 years as we truly loved it and couldn't see a better Mercedes to replace it that year....so waited till next new model came out........oh....hope you got back to sleep.......:thumbsup2

Happy Hump Day, homies!!

What's worse, a fly in your cuppa or @Metro West reminding you that there's a greeting card (aka tax bill) from the Commonwealth of VA lurking on the desk? Oh well, it's only money.

Congrats on Kyle's new car, @schumigirl With his auto allowance from work DH can only keep a vehicle for a max of 4 years. He just went from a Toyota 4Runner.....to another 4Runner. He is nothing if not predictable. At least he meets my creature comfort requests and does get the toys I ask for. I've become bored with my 2yr old perfectly reliable and functional Subaru Outback Limited. I want to go back to a full size SUV. We've got it narrowed down to either the Toyota Sequoia or the Tahoe. I'd love to go back to the Nissan Armada....until they destroyed the body with the '17 release.

23 DAYS!!!!!!

Thanks........we like an SUV in America........we loved the Suburban and Navigator we had previous visits........but here, we like our car low and sleek......we did like the Tahoe and had that a few years in a row.....nice car.......

Oh you all will sound like my little one. She wants a sports car. Yeah, when you spend your own money and pay for the insurance. Once she gets her license in the Spring, I guess we'll be searching for a car for her. Was hoping to get my mom's too, but she's still driving it, and uses it to visit her 97 year old sister. Of course, little one does not like her car. Hey, I remind her, it's my pocketbook. We keep cars for years too. I can't believe mine is a year old. That year went fast.

But, it's Wednesday, and that means:

th
Yep, the day of the week, that means half way to the week-end. Yay!

Hope you get better sleep and the test you had will give the result you want, Charade. Yep, the mom taxi. Sounded like you had a long day.

Yay! Kyle gets his new car soon.

Pooh, the tax bill. Mail I hate to see too. We have local taxes in the fall and spring.

Enjoy your dinner with your friend Schumi. I'm sure the food will be lush.

The rain is out to sea, and only a shower or two is left. We are having a soggy start to today. But, the is a glow in the cloudy horizon. We may see some sun today. Yay! But that means, the cold front is creeping in, and the temps will drop as the day enfolds. Sigh, in the 30's tonight. May have to take the pumpkins in. We'll carve them the day before Halloween. I like them as decoration. Also sigh. I think the kids or DH got into the candy. May have to make a run to the store for more.

With that I need tea. It's almost too cool inside, so hot it is. Steeping nicely, so later homies. Have a terrific Wednesday.

Thanks Lynne........yep, let her buy it with her own money.......and yes looking forward to eating out again tonight........no cooking yay.......

@Charade67 Good luck on the test. Does your cat sit and meow at the fly because it can't reach it? I have two that do that. Also, if I see both of them together, looking at something, I know it's a bug in the house. The two of them never get that close.

@schumigirl I hope he gets a lot of joy out of the car! Someday I hope to get a really nice special car!

Happy Wednesday all!

Thanks Chuckers........he loves his cars too and takes real good care of them......he certainly appreciates what he has.

Good morning everyone.

Congrats to Kyle on the new set of wheels :car: I usually drive my car till it dies...don't like car payments and the high insurance rates that go with them. Trey got a speeding ticket in his new car a few months ago and our rates went through the roof. It was his first ticket and it taught him to slow down which no amount of nagging on my part did so at least some good came out of it.

Pooh, I would choose the Sequoia since I'm partial to Toyota.

Chuck...how many days is it now?

Hope you pass your tests with flying colors Charade.

Happy hump day to all :flower1:

Hey Tink........have you eaten yet..........:D Shame about his speeding ticket........I can imagine how much it would have gone up........

Sun is out and it`s fairly warmish......although heating has come on so temps must be lowish.......apparently we have to get frost and vey low temps next week.......winter clothes are ready.........

I love getting a new car...of course, I got one just 3 months ago...but, I am one of those people that will drive a car until it is about ready for the scrap pile. Pay it off as quick as possible, as well.

I love a new car, but love the final payment even more.

Were I independently wealthy, I think I might still be the same way...hmm, one never knows.

I love getting a new car...of course, I got one just 3 months ago...but, I am one of those people that will drive a car until it is about ready for the scrap pile. Pay it off as quick as possible, as well.

Were I independently wealthy, I think I might still be the same way...hmm, one never knows.

I've only had a final payment twice... the first time I paid of a car, it was totaled a month later.. parked right outside my house. The second payoff, I drove it to almost turning over the odometer.

I just checked out park hours for my trip.. and while I am not happy they close early, I am happy that Sunset is around 5:45 in January. So, I will have time to be in the park during the dark. It's one of my favorite times to be in a theme park.

Happy Wednesday? or Friday eve eve? DH out of town until late tonight. Had a 12 hour work day yesterday (1.5 hours each to and from and 9 hour day) at my most distance nursing home. They decided to go to max capacity AND state inspection happens this week AND they switched to fall/winter menues...I think I ate yesterday. Did have wine last night-remember that LOL. DS missed soccer practice and middle DD had to find a ride to her band celebration. I rarely have days like that when DH is gone but yesterday was one of 'em.
Charade-congrats on the daughter for NHS (and homecoming nominee). My middle was in NJHS-I think this is the year to see if she gets nominated for NHS...Considering she has a 5.0, involved in about 6 clubs (and is staying for first archery club meeting today after school) she better get in. DH and DD off to hunt this weekend-going to be cold, cold cold. At one point snow showers were a possibility but that changed (for now).

Nice pic Squirlz! Glad KW is recovering.

He just went from a Toyota 4Runner.....to another 4Runner.

LOVE my 4runner-but I have a 2nd gen in great condition-remanned transmission should get me another 100K miles. Have put $5k into it this year, but if it lasts another 5-10 years well worth it. Although DH started campaign again to get me a new one...Middle kid will need a car next year. I've driven 220K of the 223K miles on that vehicle and not sure I can give it up...although if Schumi needs a test driver for her new cars I will volunteer :) Sound like a great car Schumi's son is getting-reason to be excited!

Chuckers you crack me up! Sky raisins?:rotfl2:And your countdown always makes me check mine-24 days now.
Mac hope you are recovering!

So Disney college program DD got her extension to stay yesterday but she is pretty sure she is declining. She wants to get back to school and not fall behind her class-she really bonded with some friends her freshman year and wants to graduate with them. Plus she wants to do a study abroad and she has to do an internship field work thing soon for her major. She is thinking if she wants to do Disney again she will apply for an alumni program. I told her 2019 would be a good year for us:thumbsup2:D. So now I can book flights for DH and me to go get her-have resort booked Dec 30-Jan2. Told DH I wanted to do NYE in epcot!
DD was contemplating HHN this week.

I may be Disney'd out after this year of annual pass trips...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter