• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing ... #12

th

Yes, it is Tuesday. The sun is up, the early morning sky was a light pink, and the sliver of the moon was still above the horizon in the just before dawn sky. Quick ride for some reason. I guess all are shocked at the change in temperature. 23 when started on my way.

Afternoon Schumi! Yeah, I'm ready for some nice weather too.

We have Amish and rural, with buggies, not far from me. Most of our signs are to watch out for deer.

Charade, I guess a book or something to read on your phone or pad. Sometimes I just watch the kids, and sometimes, there's another parent to converse with.

MonyK, yeah, teenage boys are an eating machine. Even little one had to get larger clothes. A dress she really liked that she wore in the fall, we now have to lengthen it. Her shoe size has not really changed, though some of the shoes worn in the last year don't fit anymore. Eek, with the icy roads. I am glad we are getting just rain last time and more rain this week. But the rain is bringing warmer temperatures. So not complaining.

Squirlz - enjoy your get away. Sounds like a lovey way to celebrate together.

Buckeev- hope all is good your way. I hope your planning is still a go.

Morning Mac, hope you are feeling better. Ever get the results of the tests back? I hope they were passing results.

Tink and Robo, may the coffee be hot this morning. It's a chilly start.

I need tea. Headache is still not going away, but at least I feel better than yesterday. I do think this yo yo weather is not helping.

Awesome Tuesday homies. Find a taco or two to eat today.

Taco Tuesday it is

Dessert Tuesday for us..........

We went for dessert lunch today...........on Tuesday’s this restaurant serves only desserts between 11am and 4pm........everything is specially made by them and all very unique........and delicious!

I had a caramel cheesecake pavlova, drizzled with extra caramel sauce.........Tom had a huge chocolate dessert with chocolate covered strawberries and cherries in kirsch to the side........mine was so caramelly and squidgy.......lush didn’t begin to describe it.......so filling too but I had to finish it........

Now we are laid up again along sofas looking at each other and so stuffed.........no need to worry about dinner tonight........

Maybe a snack later though.........:rolleyes1

That's an awesome lunch Schumi. I love caramel too. I even put it in my iced coffee, just a swirl of it.

Today is Fat Tuesday, or Mardi Gras, so Schumi's lunch was perfect for the day. Let the Good Times Roll. Er, have a doughnut today. Saw Dannolis. Yum, I just wanted the filling. Love the cannoli stuffing those donuts had.

th

No taco Tuesday for us. Once a month the theater department at B’s school holds a fundraiser at one of our local restaurants. Tonight we will be eating hibachi grill and supporting the arts.

Schumi - those desserts sound awesome. I’m getting hungry and it’s only 10:20 in the morning.

I am bored at work again. We’ve had 4 clients cancel today. The good news is we seem to have our data service working again.

mmm desert for lunch!
DS has soccer game at 5pm and DH just called and said likely not making back into town in time. So-tacos sound good! One thing this town has is a plethora of local owned non chain restaurants and food trucks. May have to see where the taco truck is today-if it is on north side of town think we found dinner as that is where indoor soccer field is.

1/2 pot coffee gone already. Ice is gone and into 50's today with near 70 by friday-and then back to possible sleet/snow over weekend. No work today but errands to (eventually) run. Did run the car through carwash to get the salt off it-was pretty disgusting. DS wanted a ride to school so he didn't have to wrestle trombone case on bus.

Did get some shopping done on Amazon, including more of our favorite tea! Maybe winter will finally quit now that I have ordered more of our "winter" tea? Also need to get my seed order in for Baker's creek seeds, a bit behind in ordering the seeds. Just ready for Spring!

Dannoli sounds interesting.............

Like the sounds of Fat Tuesdays too.........it’s pancake day in the UK today......not very exciting compared to cocktails and Mardi Gras.........

Can’t believe there’s a channel on tv starting to show Dynasty from the beginning tonight.........wow........I’m hooked.......shoulder pads and glamour........oh I miss the 80’s!! Need to set the TiVo box thingy to make sure I don’t miss one of these.......kinda preferred Dallas back then, but loved this too........

Feel like I should be in stilettos, shoulder pads and sipping a cocktail watching it.......:D

Well....sipping cocktails would be plenty enough

Shoulder pads and heels not required

Well, since you insist...........:rotfl: and it is Fat Tuesday..........I’ll make some rum cocktails.........you know, just to be sociable..........::yes::

Been snowing here this afternoon........so we just laid along the settees in the little room and may have both snoozed at some point.........lol......he is getting used to this doing nothing some days...........

Still not hungry.........so a cocktail may be nice..........

No snow here for me but misting at times which has brought out temps to the 50’s all day

Yesterday was shorts weather
Today not so

Wednesday again.........and Valentines Day for those who celebrate it........

We don`t usually.......my husband is romantic every day of the year so nothing special today just cause the card people tells us so.........schmaltzy stuff over I promise.........::yes::

I did get flowers 2 days early, as Tom gets me flowers every Friday and has done for years........so tonight will make a kinda Valentine`s dinner......Shrimp, steak, fancy dessert and sparkly.........DS is out so just the two of us.........but really.....not Valentines people........

Buckeev.......I have a strange image in my head now!!!!! :scared1:

Cold again today......we went to -3 last night......just the wind chill hitting this morning........home for a cuppa, then lunch, then back out mooching this afternoon........

Tomorrow morning is my turn to do the volunteer morning in the village nursery........always a joy!! It`s nice to have the time to do it.......

Have a great Wednesday...........:wave2:

4 weeks today...........:cheer2:

th
Yes, the camel is here to wish all the homies a Happy Valentine's Day and it's a hump day. Hello Wednesday.

When your car tells you the roads may be icy, you know the temperature is cool, as in 35 this morning. But with a light breeze, it's overcast and just cool and dry.

Afternoon Schumi! So nice you enjoy seeing all the kids in the nursery. Toddlers are fun, but sometimes exhausting, so great you volunteer.

Yeah, we never did anything for Valentine's Day either. In the past, we did cards, but that did not last. We never wanted to go out to dinner, as the crowds and prices made long waits and sometimes, not as good food. So, since we have family birthdays in late January and in these last 2 weeks of February, we'll all get together for dinner and birthday cake this week-end.

A hehe, our local Aquarium is having an after hours adult party - it's called A' Moray Celebration. So French. :D

Okay, it's time for tea. :rockband:

Good morning homies.
Sorry been so long since I last posted but it has been a long ruff road for the past several months.
My Dw has finally recovered and back to her old self but her mother got sick and had her leg amputated and to make things worse she didn't let us know she missed some mortgage payments and they were fixing to foreclose on our home and got that sort of sorted out.
But now as soon as everything seems to be going good her mother has a massive stroke and passes away and has no insurance to put her away .

:grouphug: KY, so sorry to hear of all the medical and house issues your DW and MIL had so far. With sympathy to you and your DW in loss of her mother. I hope this year is more peaceful.

Nice to see you.

StL......you’ve had a rough old couple of years.

Hope things can improve soon. Glad your wife is improving but hope this doesn’t set her back any.......so much to deal with for you all........sending hugs and condolences......:hug:

So sorry to hear of the hard road you and your wife have had recently @ky07 ! Hope things will settle down and allow time for healing and recovery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter