Something About Nothing ... #12

Glad your DH is doing better Robbie and make sure to take care of yourself too :hug:

We had a break in the rain so I decided to grill the chicken that I had marinating since yesterday plus some turkey cheddar smoked sausages. I think I'll have the garlic fries with it and totally blow my diet:rolleyes1

He is home and doing well and starting Cardiac Rehab tomorrow

So happy to hear the good news!!

We had a break in the rain so I decided to grill the chicken that I had marinating since yesterday plus some turkey cheddar smoked sausages. I think I'll have the garlic fries with it and totally blow my diet:rolleyes1

That sounds so delicious!! I haven't quite started my diet yet so....

I'm out of beer :sad2:

Guess I'll have wine instead ...it's 5 o'clock somewhere :flower1:

I’m with you on the wine Vicki........I’m not a beer drinker.......

Not great for the diet, but so nice.........::yes::

So, we haven’t seen the sun all day.......grey murky skies and fog that finally disappeared.........but it’s cool.

Maybe June will be warmer for us...........

Watching some tv show we recorded while we were away......it’s decent. Quiet night again.

And garden shed has been ordered.........bigger than planned ::yes:: but DH is happy with it...........the company is busy though so not being delivered for a while.......

Time to join Vicki in wine...........:D

yes to short work weeks and then - yep - Vacation time!!! Today was a short day for me anyway. So came home and put roast into oven. Currently driving family batty smelling it-has an hour or so to go. Tried a new rub on pork tenderloin yesterday-unanimous thumbs up. Super easy-thinking about making up some to take with us for a night when we may cook at the cabins or at condo.
Finally ordered universal tickets today-got them from UT (with ebates cash back)-$134 cheaper than Universal site. Will upgrade to seasonal passes (and probably one to preferred to get the parking) when we are there.
Cuddle chicken much better today, acting normal, fought me beak and claw when I tried to get antibiotic into her. Finally crushed it with yogurt and covered it in meal worms.
Keep going out to garden thinking I should be able to harvest stuff-but of course due to late start only radishes available. May be for best though-this way when I come back broke from vacay food will be there in the garden LOL
We are going garden storage sheds searching today??? Not quite sure what is wrong with the one we have.........but someone wants a new one ::yes::......a bigger one........it’s out of the way and I won’t see it, so not bothered really but it’s not very exciting to shop for.......can think of better things to look for.
Must be a guy thing. We have a perfectly functional shed, plus John Deere room (essentially an outdoor room built into basement of house) and hubs still is talking "bigger" shed...

And I told older one of being a summer CM at WDW. Hmmm, half of me thinks that would be awesome, but probably a long shot.
Oh he should apply! but go for fall-all the festivities, plus the extra CM holiday discounts...

He is home and doing well and starting Cardiac Rehab tomorrow
Fantastic news! So glad he is doing the rehab-will help tremendously. Don't let the docs tell you "if it tastes good spit it out". OMG that is a major pet peeve of mine and the reason 99% of patients fail to change diet/lifestyle. Real, actual, unprocessed as much as possible (no added salt/sugar) foods goes a long way and can be very tasty. I am so not a believer in banning food groups...(disclosure-I am a registered Dietitian).

Guess I'll have wine instead ...it's 5 o'clock somewhere
Not quite 5 here but I will join in on the wine brigade!

Must have been unbelievably scary for all of you. We think of everyone as invincible. I`m sure you`ll take good care of him and he`ll be just fine......take care of you too though..

Yes, was scary. Did not see this coming ever. Hubby is in good shape and this was wake up call it can happen to anyone.

He has his own personal Nurse (me) and I’am so thankful he is doing better. He is the love of my life.

Robo, so glad to hear both you and DH are doing well. Sending lots of more good wishes and mummy dust you are both in better health.

Thank you Lynne for the the mummy dust

:hug:

Glad your DH is doing better Robbie and make sure to take care of yourself too :hug:

:hug:

Wow sounds yummy

Fantastic news! So glad he is doing the rehab-will help tremendously. Don't let the docs tell you "if it tastes good spit it out". OMG that is a major pet peeve of mine and the reason 99% of patients fail to change diet/lifestyle. Real, actual, unprocessed as much as possible (no added salt/sugar) foods goes a long way and can be very tasty. I am so not a believer in banning food groups...(disclosure-I am a registered Dietitian).

The Cardiologist who seen him in hospital is very anti sugar, red meat, pork etc.

We were eating pretty healthy before so tweaking the diet was not that hard. I think this will help me think outside the box more on our meals. I’am trying to be more creative on herbs etc.....for flavoring. We both like fish, chicken, fresh veggies, fruits and salads. I will be glad when the farmers markets get going here locally.

Nice to hear you don’t ban food groups. If the diet becomes to restrictive it is pretty hard for a lot of folks to accept.

Well, I know I would have trouble on a heart diet.
When I moved in with my parental units for 3 months straight, I did all the cooking for them.

Worked with the hospital and gained info on heart and low sodium diets.

After I fixed their meals in the evening, I would dash out and get food, real food for me.........

You will be in great shape for hhn!

Hope you and your husband feel better every day.

Loved solo!

There is something in the air re sheds here too sigh. Bought a new pump for pool this weekend. Not thrilled as one we had was still working fine. Neighbor whining it was running noisy. Maybe? Not as loud as neighbor on other side’s central AC unit or while house generator.

Being planted squarely between 2 electrical contractors is a decidedly PIA

No I haven’t been to any mid southern parks unless u count the departed Myrtle beach ones flat as a pancake

E13916CC-9052-4554-9E1C-59A64C008379.png So we’re talking about amusement parks with hills...Like magic lol
Robbie, I'm glad your husband has you to help take care of him with his health needs.

How are you doing from your last surgery?
Is your pain gone yet?

Yes, how are you doing? Talk about having bucket loads of stress!

So nice to read your DH is recouping! He is in good hands, lucky to have you by his side

The Cardiologist who seen him in hospital is very anti sugar, red meat, pork etc.

We were eating pretty healthy before so tweaking the diet was not that hard. I think this will help me think outside the box more on our meals. I’am trying to be more creative on herbs etc.....for flavoring. We both like fish, chicken, fresh veggies, fruits and salads. I will be glad when the farmers markets get going here locally.

Nice to hear you don’t ban food groups. If the diet becomes to restrictive it is pretty hard for a lot of folks to accept.
Added sugars (ie so many processed quick foods) sure-stay away from as much as possible, except occasional splurge. Where i do not agree is red meat/pork-but it completely depends on source-grass finished, no hormone animals will provide meat that is high in the good saturated fat (yes there is good sat fat) and goo unsat fat. MD's have zero clue about this unless they have taken mucho time to be informed (most go to seminar sponsored by whatever drug they are coaxed to sell and get skewed info). You mentioned farmers markets-even bacon (non nitrate cured) from a farm raised animal can be ok once in a while (and far far far far better than that horrible turkey bacon). But with the emphasis on plants with once or twice a week animal product, good fats and rare splurge you are on right track anyway.
Plus his rehab will get the exercise component safely going again-a good program is so helpful when patients are understandable hesitant to test that heart.

So we’re talking about amusement parks with hills...Like magic lo
yeah wait til the facial recognition kicks in and the ads combine that with where you have been tracked to have shopped etc :eek:

Now the boy is complaining he doesn't feel well...ugh. 4 days til we leave.

OTOH-the dcp kidult passed her Jedi assessment today so she is good to go for 2 attractions (path of Jedi movie, JTA-think she also said something about a meet n greet on that side too?) . Muppets training this weekend.

If I ever go out to eat with MonyK, I'll stick with carrot and celery sticks..

I would feel ackward having my pork ribs while she is eating a healthy diet.........lol

hope your son feels better real soon !!

only 4 more wake ups til vacation time again homie!

MonyK hope your boy feels better........

Wednesday again..........and we still have a kind of fog hanging around. Supposed to reach 74f today though.......I’ll believe it if this fog clears.......

Trying to decide what to have for breakfast this morning......then get my day started.........

How many homies have seen the new movie solo?

I think that is the Star Wars movie

I have not kept up with that series

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter