Something About Nothing ... #12

Oh our neighbor chickens are free range, but in a fort Knox enclosure. Raccoons are devious creatures.

Um, Keisha, would you like to open an egg, and see one that has a chick in it? No boys where the girls are laying eggs, ya see. Luckily, that's all our neighbor's want, eggs, not more chicks. Grew up in the burbs, so no real farming around, but not that far away either. Had a cousin that had a farm, so was used to seeing farm animals. We played around with the goats, dogs and cats. The dog I had as a kid came from the farm. He was a true mutt. Even the vet said he was a very mixed up breed.

Ah, the sun is out, steamy day again. Kids will be asking the swim in DSis's pool again. She's had the sun cover on, and said pool is around 86 degrees. Oh yeah, like a sauna. I may take a dip this week-end.

Carry on homies.
That makes sense with the chickens. Didn't think of that.
So...which came about first, the chicken or the egg?:P

And yeah, PC, I'm hoping to hear the sea, not an early morning 'roo crowing. I will definitely take little one to the restaurant where the chickens run among the tables. On second thought, she may not like it.

We were across duval from your resort. We overlooked Mallory square and those damn birds would start early!

th

:rotfl:
Well for us we started with chicks (not eggs) so...
Roosters not allowed per city guidelines. Mostly because of noise I think. Although if you've ever heard a hen "sing" her egg song - they can be loud as well. And I have one who sings the egg song for everyone's eggs!. But roosters can also be mean (doing their job protecting their ladies from predators). I also don't really want more chickens right now. We live in a burb of Springfield mo (Battlefield) and backyard chickens are allowed, Heck we have horses and cows down the street (just outside city limits). Our house is at end of cul-de-sac, bordering a street so only have neighbors directly behind and to one side of us. Have 3/4 acre fenced, with the chicks on side of house furthest from neighbors(and they have their own fenced area)-they didn't even know I had chickens for months after they moved in-and they've never heard the ladies "talk" (also can be loud). I do let the girls out to roam yard most of day if dog or someone is out, so they take care of bugs.

Have to go in to do inservice on Nutrition and Hydration (15 min total-rough), then kid had ortho appointment to get her retainer trays, and trivia night tonight to raise money for Champion Athletes of the Ozarks. Work tomorrow and then WEEKEND!! Yay!!

@macraven it IS a small world (at least that is what those dolls keep singing over and over again - so they must be right). and you are spot on - the ND is for Notre Dame - it is where I went to college. who else here is in GA other than us?

@Monykalyn where will the roo have to go if it turns out it is a roo? that makes me sad. Yes - LOVE Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. I wrote one of my college entrance essays on that book.

@Chuckers oh NO!! Clearly your luck is about to turn around. Good gracious. Your unfortunateness is officially full and no longer accepting new patients.

Honestly - the teenage years scare me. We started a little later so mine are still young - but the thought of two teenage girls in the house in 8-10 years just seem horrifying.

Update on the summer school / camp. We are definitely learning our lesson. School won't give us a credit. Option is to send them next week and cancel princess camp and hope they let us use the credit for Descendants camp, cut a few days off the beginning of Orlando (and miss DQ) and cancel family beach trip the end of July. With school starting July 31st (YEP - THAT IS NOT A TYPO) there are not any days left that we haven't paid for and they won't let us transfer for the fall. good times!

I am still not giving up! I feel like I can find a way around this. LOL. Goonies never say die.

MonyK, that's funny about the egg laying song. We generally know when the eggs are being laid. I'm not sure I'd say it's singing, but oddly sounds like happy clucking. We also knew something was wrong that one morning when one of the chicken's had a very, very loud squawk. Seems the raccoon was almost as smart as my neighbor.

GoND, Ack, that's a shame the camp won't give your money back. And double Ack, back to school at the end of July. Yeah, girls and the teenage years. Glad I had a boy first, is all I'm going to say. LOL. Sweet sixteen coming up, and I'm still able to cover my gray hair so far. 8-)

@macraven it IS a small world (at least that is what those dolls keep singing over and over again - so they must be right). and you are spot on - the ND is for Notre Dame - it is where I went to college. who else here is in GA other than us?

@Monykalyn where will the roo have to go if it turns out it is a roo? that makes me sad. Yes - LOVE Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. I wrote one of my college entrance essays on that book.

@Chuckers oh NO!! Clearly your luck is about to turn around. Good gracious. Your unfortunateness is officially full and no longer accepting new patients.

Honestly - the teenage years scare me. We started a little later so mine are still young - but the thought of two teenage girls in the house in 8-10 years just seem horrifying.

Update on the summer school / camp. We are definitely learning our lesson. School won't give us a credit. Option is to send them next week and cancel princess camp and hope they let us use the credit for Descendants camp, cut a few days off the beginning of Orlando (and miss DQ) and cancel family beach trip the end of July. With school starting July 31st (YEP - THAT IS NOT A TYPO) there are not any days left that we haven't paid for and they won't let us transfer for the fall. good times!

I am still not giving up! I feel like I can find a way around this. LOL. Goonies never say die.
My oldest is going back to public school next school year. August 3rd, wth! My two others will still home school though and they've all been done since early May. Jujitsu tournament this weekend for my oldest. Was going to make a beach trip out of it but it looks like rain in Destin FL so the beach is probably out.

It's 5 o'clock somewhere is my motto!

Always! Make it a hurricane before I go insane. It really is a small world. We are supposed to be going to Destin for that last week - but since we are booking last minute - prices are pretty high. Prices sure drop the next week though! LOL.

goND
Tink/Vicki is from Georgia also

Yup school starts aug 1 here also

When I lived in upper Illinois, school began aug 16

I can top you all with.....
4 teens
All males

I cried a lot going thru those years

@Monykalyn Grande Vista is our fav Orlando Marriott too! A lot of people like Harbour Lake b/c of the pirate ship - but we love GV. Although I had to laugh for our last visit. On some boards (not this one) Marriott and Hilton owners made comments asking how in the world we could ever go BACK to a Wyndham (We love Bonnet Creek and Reunion) after staying at a Marriott or Hilton.

The last time we went, we had those huge waterbugs (bugs, all bugs, especially those bugs, freak. me. out. Like standing on a coffee table screaming freak me out) AND a waterleak. Ha ha ha.

It's Florida, in the summer, and there had been a huge thunderstorm. Maintenance was awesome (came every time, very apologetic). Never happened before and hasn't happened since - but I always chuckle a bit when I think about it or read some of the posts.

It's 5 o'clock somewhere is my motto!

Me too.......:rainbow:

GoND that does suck about camp........fingers crossed there is a solution........

Chuckers........keep smiling.........it can only get better........:flower3:

Wow it is hot today........been in a mall most of it, but nice to be out with just a dress on and no jacket......

Didn't buy much, got a large cross body bag for New York I spotted. From a U.K. Company called Radley.......really like their bags and used to buy them regularly......its burgundy and holds quite a bit, so I now have my trip bag this year........

Lunch was pizza and salad with a strong strawberry daiquiri for me and pink lemonades for both of us........DH was driving. It was nice........then coffee and muffins mid afternoon.......no room for dinner tonight.......

Yep........bacon will be cooking early tomorrow morning mac.........:D

Lunch was pizza and salad with a strong strawberry daiquiri for me and pink lemonades for both of us........DH was driving. It was nice........then coffee and muffins mid afternoon.......no room for dinner tonight.......

:D

Lunch sounds yummy. Now I want pizza... and that daiquiri! This is what happens when you end up in meetings until 1:30, you start dreaming of what you are going to eat.

YAY on finding your travel bag for your trip already! That is a great feeling.

Lunch sounds yummy. Now I want pizza... and that daiquiri! This is what happens when you end up in meetings until 1:30, you start dreaming of what you are going to eat.

YAY on finding your travel bag for your trip already! That is a great feeling.

Lol.....we started talking about where we would eat lunch today......last night......lol. It was nice......don't usually drink alcohol at lunch........but as above.........it's five o'clock somewhere..........:D

Lol.......was getting ready to go out for the day......

Hope you're asleep by now........

Nice night out with friend last night, never a late one on a Wednesday night..........but gang of us all going out Saturday night for dinner to a beautiful hotel for her and her husband's birthdays.......his is today.

Yep, day of shopping and lunch with my mister today........not going for anything specific, just a good mooch and see what we see.......looks to be another lovely day too.

Had croissants, bacon and coffee for breakfast........

Catch youse later......have a good Thursday........:)
I would love to hear you say "youse" in your Scottish accent! My parents, two of my sisters, niece and nephew are in NYC now for my nephews HS graduation present.
82467CF4-D501-4815-BC80-5CCA400A8645_zpsosanmtxw.jpg

The Empire State Building view from their hotel.

goND
Tink/Vicki is from Georgia also

Yup school starts aug 1 here also

When I lived in upper Illinois, school began aug 16

Growing up in NY, school didn't start until the Monday after Labor Day... of course we didn't get out until the end of June.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter