Something About Nothing ... #12

The one thing that is different in the South than living in the North is fireworks

Up North, peeps can't shoot off fireworks in their yards
It is only allowed in specific areas as city park land with permits secured
Can remember my town if 10,000 peeps only allowed the public few display for the 4th and one other time period

Where I am in Georgia, fireworks is common and you don't need a holiday to do them

Friday when it got dark at 9:30 pm, neighbors and church lot across the way had fw going off to 11:00 pm
And again on Saturday and Sunday and last night ....

I assume tonight to expect the sameness lighting up the skies

New Years has as much fw as the 4 th this year

I am totally amazed how this area has so many private families spend that type info money on them

I see the stands selling them
And about 20 minute drive from my are huge stores where they only see fw regularly

Oh we have had neighbor fireworks set off for several nights now. Local township fireworks is tonight, but no need to travel, can see it from our house.

Beautiful and hot day. Pool was 85 degrees, just lovely.

Full and delicious dinner. 7 birthday celebrations. One cake.

Hope all enjoyed this 4th of July.

I set my neighbors roof slightly nye once. Thank God for snow
Happy happy all

At Epcot waiting for crowd to die. Their FW trumped MK last night. The DVC dessert party was fun

Crowds nowhere what I expected. CMs say all summers been markedly down

Back to Epcot & typhoon lagoon evening party then onto PBH for 2 days

GD running us like rented mules lol

Hope everyone had a wonderful 4th. I went to our local amusement park today and then crashed for the rest of the night.

Chuckers I think tink is doing hhn on your dates

See if you can hang with her and her kid for the hhn event
She is a pro at it and has never wet her pants in the houses

Once I find out if I am actually going, I will look for meet ups :)

Good Morning! Rise and shine homies!

Yeah, a work day after a holiday is not fun. Tea is needed immediately.

But, there is a yay! in there. It's Wednesday. and you know what that means. The hump is ready, to say, the work week is half way done, and Kiesha's mule routine is not done yet, so a camel is needed.

th
th

th
- Schumi's version.

Sounds like you're having fun Keisha. I'm sure more relaxing when at the dark side. Bet GD is having a great time.

Tink, hope the grill dinner was lush. I'm sure it was. It was a great day to grill food.

Chuckers, sounds like the day doing rides was fun.

Mac, Robo and Tink, hope the coffee is hot and plentiful this morning.

Aww, seeing the whole family was nice. Got to hold my second oldest (just turned 1) great niece, and youngest, 1 day old. Both so cute. Then the 3 year olds, niece and great niece, were a hoot in the pool. And, after all were more than stuffed, as usual, there's left overs. :D

:rockband::rockband::rockband:

@Lynne G - Yes.. it was fun. not crowded and got to ride COASTERS!!!

I hope everyone had a fun safe 4th. Sucks to be back in the office after a 4 day weekend. But.....

67 Days until Universal!

I was surprised at how manageable the crowds were at Universal/IOA on the 3rd. There were long waits for some rides (yay express pass), but they weren't insane for the most part and it wasn't hard to walk around. A seasoned park goer would have managed fine but someone else would have wanted express. We managed to stay in the parks for 14 hours! It's been a long time since I spent all day in the park.

That was one long day Kohlby. From what others have said, the summer crowds are not as bad as expected. Glad you had a fun time.

Looking forward to October and December. Have to renew USOAP next month. But, since I have 30 days after, may wait until September. Then the pocketbook gets a workout.

Cloudy, but nice 80's and not too much humidity.

rain again here ....

because of all the rain we need to mow every 5th day.

last year we were in a drought and mowing didn't
happen.
better to have rain than none

Hope everyone had a great 4th celebration.

On way to lake with DS (Dh and middle left Friday) my car lost it's transmission. Had to be towed back to dealer (probably a mistake-but what to do on a holiday weekend?). Had AAA at least. 1991 4Runner with 217k miles, well maintained. Expensive repair, decisions to make (keeping the truck-repair still less than what truck is worth, plus it should go another 200k miles.). Likely travel plans to cut.

And it rained today. matched the mood-:worried::(

Dinner update-florentine meatballs (some chicken, some beef), cheese sauce or red sauce. Tomatoes about to be numbering in the gazillions soon. Good thing garden is blooming-able to cut food expenses.

Rooster practiced his crowing today, then came for a snuggle and nap. Really hoping he stays nice so we can keep him a bit. Enough downers for now-need some sleep to improve outlook I think ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter