Something About Nothing ... #12

Yep, Janet 70lbs is a decent amount........could always use more.....lol......oh wasn’t WCW hilarious......loved watching that too years ago.......must try and watch wwe again.......food luck with the gums!!!

Thanks mac........looking forward to our trip......mum is so excited......hope you do better soon.......

Lynne.....I enjoy flavoured teas......love lemon and ginger and similar......also love Earl Grey and several of the more exotic teas......but, peppermint is new to me but it was suggested for tummy issues......I’m getting used to it.......

Getting ready to have breakfast.......still have around an hour and half before I leave for the first train.......second train is much longer, but did book a first class seat.......they are so much comfier and why not.......

Mum gets in an hour or so after me, so will check in to Radisson then walk back down to meet her........she’ll be like an excited four year old......lol.....

Fairly early flight tomorrow......leave around 10.30 am and arrive 1pm NY time.......got a car service to take us to the hotel in Long Island.....then no plans......not sure which day we’ll go into the city......one where there’s no rain forecast I’m sure.

Will be checking in here of course, I will need some quiet time while away!!!!

Take care you guys.......see you soon.........:wave2:

Have lots of fun Charade. Yeah, I have more of an issue going ahead in time, then back in time.

Mac, gentle mummy dust and healing thoughts. I hope what ever surgery you are having,will be very successful, and makes you feel even better. I hope you are feeling better now,too. Take care.

Schumi, hope your weather improves for your train ride. Nice you will get to see your mum soon, and you both will be in NYC soon enough.Yay! And have a lovely time visiting with family.

Hope MonyK is having a great time on her cruise. Enjoying pictures. Will like to hear your thoughts too, when you get back.

Pooh, your quilting skills sound wonderful too. And nice your youngest is now a high school senior. Fun time for him, as the what is next becomes closer.

Yeah, I am packed. Quite the fashion show last night from little one. I think she is done packing? I repeatedly told her, this lady is packing for comfort.

With that, an early bird, er camel, is her to remind all, the mid week is here, and hump of a day. Yes it is.
2A1E96EA-FA8E-4340-884D-BED3FBB3E714.jpeg

After reading Lynne’s post, realized I forgot Monyk on her send off cruise
She will have a lot to share with us when she returns!

Charade, glad you are there safe and sound......let the fun commence! What wonderful memories you'll make! May Therapist 3 be far far from your mind!

Safe travels, everyone! Going to be a busy day here....errands to run to get ready for the weekend and have some work to do for the office. I work part-time for a non-profit that develops professional development resources for teachers.

Happy Wednesday, homies!

Good morning :coffee:

Sounds like quite a few of us are traveling this week...happy trails to Carole, Charade, Lynne and patty...hope I didn't miss anyone.

Mac, best of luck with the dr and mummy dust for good news pixiedust:

Sue, have fun shopping! I've never been in a Costco since there's not one near here but wish there was.

Pooh...love family cookouts and hope you all have a blast!

Speaking of sparkles...I haven't touched mine for a few years and noticed that I now have a racing stripe behind my ear that only shows when I put my hair in a ponytail...time to start up the l'oreal again.

At least our weather is relatively cooler this next week with 80s instead of 90s and rain in the forecast finally...

Hi to keisha, Bobbie, robo, monyk and anyone else who is reading along...have a great taco Tuesday 🌮:flower1:
Had a great Costco shop. Got pretty much what I came for. Like the keurig pod selection in the US Costco. Got the Tully Hawaiian. And Jimmy Dean sausage. Foster farm boneless skinless breasts packaged in 2 breasts per pouch. Love it. Nice and clean. But I didn’t get the capris I hoped for. The Gloria Vanderbilt ones. Every size but mine, sigh.
Oh Sue, I’m not brave......my mum has hand luggage and barely fills it.....so at the airport hotel I will put two days worth of clothes In her hand luggage as I always do when we go to Orlando.......yep, won’t make that mistake!
Waiting for Kyle to get home from work........give him a chance to change out of his suit, freshen up and we’ll go out for dinner........table booked at local pub in their restaurant.......Tuesday night is Steak night......quiz night too but we won’t be staying that late........

Definitely cold here now..........
Cold here too. Yep, it only took me once to have my luggage delayed and no carry on to not make that mistake again. And airline promise to have my luggage delivered first was a joke. Didn’t get it till 5pm. A problem as we were only booked overnight at that hotel before continuing on. Grrrr.
LOL, all I can think of when you mentioned stripe, Tink, was View attachment 406266 . Yep, Pepe Le Pew. Okay, I did watch cartoons as a kid. Looney Toons on Saturday morning TV.

View attachment 406272
I loved those cartoons too!
Sometimes I think that they just like playing helpless. I’m starting to think I should ask for a raise. Therapist 3 will be leaving us at the end of June and moving to Tennessee. We are getting a new therapist in August. I just hope she isn’t as helpless.
I have a Star Wars reservation on June 9 from 8 PM until park close.
I have never been in a Costco either. We have Sam’s Club here, but I haven’t been in one of those since B was a toddler.

My next post should be from CA. We are scheduled to arrive at 8:40 Pacific time.
Yes! You do deserve a raise! We don’t have Sams Club. I guess it’s similar to Costco?
Just a mid-day pop in to see if anyone had heard from Mac yet.

Doing a little laundry and spending some time in my sewing room. Finished up the Hedwig block on my HP quilt....might have plans to take it along with me in November for some pics.

View attachment 406287
Beautiful!
That is lovely pooh...….

Crafts always sound lovely and very relaxing...….I can`t sew on a button without doing some damage...…..:thumbsup2 You should take it with you in November....it`ll make for some nice pictures...….

I think mac posted earlier, so hope all is well...….

Rain is still bouncing down here......supposed to be dry tomorrow when they can continue with driveway.....it is going to be lovely I think.....and yep, we keep reminding ourselves....it`ll be worth it......it`ll be worth it.....

Pleased with my hair.....had a lovely session at the salon today, I`m so glad my old hairdresser is back......she has a fabulous personality and livens the place up......I did miss her when she wasn't working there....she knows exactly how I like my hair without even asking.....

And dinner out was lovely.....Kyle and Tom went for the steaks with their amazing real chunky chips (fries). I had their chicken piccata and instead of linguine I opted for those deliciously unhealthy chunky chips too.....it was all delicious......dessert was crème brulee for me and they shared a dessert called mountain of chocolate.....chefs own creation and it really is large!! They made a big dent in it...….lovely meal and the pub had their big open fire on as it was chilly.....very cosy. Couple of glasses of wine set the meal off nicely.

We all feel we won`t eat for a week!!!!

Having a peppermint tea now which I am slowly getting the taste for.....I think...….still can`t decide if I really like it, or it`s disgusting...…..:confused:
I’m with you on the sewing. Once my town was doing a community quilt to celebrate our centennial. I walked into city hall and a group was asking people to do a few stitches. Unfortunately they asked me, lol. I was handed a threaded needle and a square. First thing I did was promptly stuck my finger with the needle and almost got blood on the square :rolleyes:
Dinner sounds great.
Yes! I love my hairdresser too! I just sit on the chair and he doesn’t have to ask me anything. Once in awhile he asks what I want, and we both laugh. My answer is always- I don’t know, just fix it.
I’m in the disgusting camp with peppermint tea. But dd loves it.

Hey all. Busy day so far here. Attacked October trip plans...have a way home & 2 nights booked at SF. Nothing yet for our first night lol. Baby steps

Dentist shook his head & called me in 2 antibiotics for my bridge issue.Couldn’t get a X-ray read, too swollen. Back next week. Oh happy day

I have my athletics with my orthopedic inserts but my most comfy is a butt-ugly pair of Keen H2Os. Pure :cloud9: I wear croc slides as house shoes, ortho approved by podiatrist

And therein lies the beauty of it...akin to watching the 3 stooges or Jerry Lewis

I finially found a blog that explained MaxPass on a 5 y.o. Level that I think I understand. It’s deceptively simple
Oh that sounds very painful. Hope the antibiotics work quickly. Dental pain is the worst.
Love my Crocs! I have several styles of slides. So comfy, and the styling is so nice, you wouldn’t know they’re crocs.
Sounds like you found a great MaxPass blog.
We have just checked in to our hotel in Hollywood. I am still on east coast time, so Ian going to sleep. Goodnight everyone.
Yay! Welcome to my coast!

Quick hello while waiting on dh to shower and get ready. We had a very uneventful flight yesterday. There was even a baby on our flight from Charlotte to LA, but I didn’t notice until almost time to land when the baby started making noises. Not crying, just happy baby noises.

Today we will we going on the Warner Brother Studio tour, Griffith’s Observatory, and whatever else we can fit in before dinner at Hard Rock.

We have just checked in to our hotel in Hollywood. I am still on east coast time, so Ian going to sleep. Goodnight everyone.
I have no idea who Ian is. I was really tired when I posted.

Charade, glad you are there safe and sound......let the fun commence! What wonderful memories you'll make! May Therapist 3 be far far from your mind!
I got a panicked email from
Therapist 4. Oh well, I can’t do anything about his situation until I return.

Yes! You do deserve a raise! We don’t have Sams Club. I guess it’s similar to Costco?
I think Sam’s is like Costco. Warehouse style shopping. Sams is part of the Walmart family.

I think Lynne and Schumi are traveling today? Safe travels.

Afternoon :wave: So much fun to see all our family traveling!!

Schumi have a safe flight and enjoy your time with mum.

Monykalyn I hope your cruise is going great!

Lynne love going into the city, hope you get your room soon and enjoy!

Charade glad you made it safe and it sounds like a great first day!!

Patty I know you love Florida and being with your son even if it is for moving. I hope it is all going good.

Have fun and make great memories.

I took the cat to the vet today and another one going tomorrow. These are older cats and having some problems. One of them I am afraid is not going to get a good report. Keep fingers crossed and do our best. Weather is a little cooler with some rain.Almost had a flooded car. I left my windows open last night but Liv texted me in time to get them up!! Suppose to go to dinner with a friend tonight, just waiting to hear.

Graduation is in two days:eek:. Liv has decided not to go to the school party after. She wants to come home and have some people over and play cards. That is what we will do. It looks like it is outside for graduation. Liv was telling me that the top 10 get to be in the center of the stage. We will have a nice clear view of her.

I am waiting on people to respond to her party for next weekend! I really don't want to make calls on Sunday to confirm but I will. It is going to be basic picnic stuff.

Mac so glad to see you post several times. Thanks for the congrats for Liv:D

Sue glad your costco run was successful except for the capris. We belong to Costco here. They have our cat litter real cheap and I go through a lot. I do like some of their products. We have BJ's too but it doesn't carry my litter. Your flavor coffee sounds good! I can sew a button and that is it! I never had a pair of crocs but know a lot of people who like them.

goNDmay 9 Hello, nice to meet you!

Keishashadow sorry to hear about the bridge problem. Mouth pain and any issues is so uncomfortable. I hope you can get your x rays read so they can help you faster. @ nights at SF sounds nice!!

Pooh your quilt is beautiful, I wish I could do something like that. Hope your weekend planning cook out is great!

Robo thinking of you and your family hope you are well.

I hope everyone has a great day and hello to anyone I missed.

Convinced the sun has departed for good here, have lost count of how many rainy days in a row here, yuck

Lynne Despite the crush of humanity, GCS is impressive as to it’s beauty, enjoy

Carole - hope you have great weather & a wonderful trip

Mac - hugs, you are one of the most resilient women I know, hang in there.

S
Cold here too. Yep, it only took me once to have my luggage delayed and no carry on to not make that mistake again. And airline promise to have my luggage delivered first was a joke. Didn’t get it till 5pm. A problem as we were only booked overnight at that hotel before continuing on. Grrrr.
Anyone remember AirTran? I really did ‘love’ them before SWA gave them some luv by absorbing them into their fold.

Would book cheapest flight, knowing a 99% chance they’d change the times and I could bump into one I wanted. Only took 4 points for first class bump, 8 for a one way flight credit and they were terrible as to luggage. A good thing, really. anything over 24 hours delay and you’d have a flight credit in your account. Once they lost a bag outright.

I had odd call from a woman who got my phone number via bell services at Hard Rock Hotel in Orlando. Turns out my bag was delivered to her house a week after it went missing. She kept calling AirTran to tell them to come & retrieve it to forward to me. 2 weeks passed & they never came despite her calling them several times.

Let’s just say I was on the horn with AT within minutes. Wound up with free flights for a year :)

Going to guess that loosey goosey customer service gimmies may have attributed to their demise lol

Oh that sounds very painful. Hope the antibiotics work quickly. Dental pain is the worst.

Thanks, yep dental pain is an animal unto it’self, difficult to ignore. Ii forgot how much my stomach hates taking Zithromax, only 4 more days
Today we will we going on the Warner Brother Studio tour, Griffith’s Observatory, and whatever else we can fit in before dinner at Hard Roc

Ooh, looking forward to hearing your take on WB tour, not sure if it would hold interest of my GD based upon other revies i’ve Read. I’m lobbying for the TMZ tour :)

Good Wednesday Afternoon Sans family :wave2:

Thank you all for your prayers.

Trying to get caught up with things.

Aww, my DH came to watch her go off with her 16 other friends in a huge white limo. He said, our little one is grown up. Yeah, and we are so proud of her.

Lynne you daughter looked beautiful in her prom dress.

Robo, so sorry to hear about your loss. We lost my nephew at 26 back in the 90s and I know how devastating it is :hug:

Tink I'am so sorry for your loss dear lady.

It was a busy two days getting ready for Liv's scholar award last night.

Congratulations to Liv on her Scholar night awards. I know you are very proud of her.

I want to like tofu, really do, it’s the texture that throws me.

I'am not a fan of tofu either.

I will always remember Michael as the little boy I took fishing every time he came to visit his Grandpa and for the awesome man he grew up to be.

I remember the verse in the Bible that says there is no greater love then to lay down your life for a friend. He befriended all those in need that day and gave his life protecting them. Your nephew is a hero. I know you miss him. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

This is what the Hollywood forecast looks like next week.

Glad to hear you and the family made it to Cali safely. Enjoy your trip.

This is our Grandson, Jaxon!!

What lovely pictures of your son and grandson.

Finished up the Hedwig block on my HP

Love the Hedwig block in your quilt.

Dentist shook his head & called me in 2 antibiotics for my bridge issue.Couldn’t get a X-ray read, too swollen. Back next week. Oh happy day

Hope the antibiotics take care of the infection so you can get your dental issues sorted out.

Anyone remember AirTran? I really did ‘love’ them before SWA gave them some luv by absorbing them into their fold.

My sister flew AirTran between Minnesota and Orlando for many moons before they sold.

Mac hope you are feeling better. We miss our fearless leader when you don't post.

Schumi wishing you and your mum a wonderful trip to the Big Apple. Have a great time in the city and visiting your family.

Lynne saw your pic of Grand Central. Have a great time in the city.

Monyk hope you are all enjoying your cruise. Have a great time.

GoNDmay9 I was wondering what happen to you. Welcome back :welcome:

To all the Sans family have a great evening.

I need to go back a page or two and find the quilt picture Pooh!

Playing ketchup is hard work...

I need to start doing the multi quoting like the pros here.
Robo does a great job in covering everyone that has posted.

Wonder if she give lessons...

Bobbie, having a quiet night at home after graduation for Liv and her friends sounds awesome
Hope those that you sent the invites to respond quickly for Liv's party!

Keisha, I do remember AirTran.
Cheap and it worked for me back in those days.

Hope all the homies are having a great evening.

Last edited:
Just read US pulled the plug on all cruises sailing to cuba effective 6/3.

Isn’t monyk on that itinerary? That would seriously stink for her, hope I’m wrong.

@keishashadow I loved Air Tran! I was all snooty at first because I use to travel for work every week. AirTran took over Value Jet which I flew home from college on ONCE. It was a pretty blech experience anyway, and soon after one went down in the Everglades so I would not even think of flying them. But once, even though work was paying, there was such a major difference in price that I could not in good conscience take. So off to Air Tran I went and didn't look back.

I always got upgraded to "business class" and started to get to know the flight attendants. In all of those years flying, I never had any major issues - disclosure - I rarely checked a bag.

Just read US pulled the plug on all cruises sailing to cuba effective 6/3.

Isn’t monyk on that itinerary? That would seriously stink for her, hope I’m wrong.

I hope Monyk was not effected by that news keisha!
That would be totally awful..

Went out to a local Mexican place for a late dinner.
I over ate.....as usual

Started with the chips, salsa quac way before the meal was brought out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter