Something About Nothing............ #14

It's Friday :cheer2: For a short week....it sure felt long :rotfl:

I was extremely disappointed this morning when I walked outside and was hit the the arctic blast still lingering :furious: I grumbled and mumbled the whole way to work - even while I getting my morning tea. Even my hands/fingers were cold this morning with my big wool mitts on. Sigh...hopefully this arctic air moves on soon.

Quiet night last night. I didn't do anything I said I wanted to do. Got my haircut...which felt amazing. Stopped at one store I have been wanting to get to - since I was out and about. Went home, had a sandwich, a bath, then watched mindless tv and cruised my phone.

I have a huge bird in my oven and of course all the sides that goes with it
Mashed potatoes and 3 different vegetables

Come on over to eat as dinner soon will be served
YUM!!!!! That is a family favorite!!!!!! Chicken leftover are the best.
How long does your bayalyge usually last? I suggested to my then stylist a few years ago maybe I’d try one. It was after long Covid hair color break and roots were almost down to my ears.
My balayage lasts about 6-9 months depending on how long my layers are. I also do color my own roots at home in between. I ONLY color the roots...I never pull the color through to the ends. Because I'm frugal I color my own roots. That's why I like doing a balayage...I can do the upkeep at home, and still get my stylist to do the full color. It is something people can do at home to upkeep the roots. That's why I like the balayage. It just looks like your hair has been sunkissed.

I am lucky to be able to use professional color - so my stylist knows which color is on my hair. Some stylists look down on people who use box/drugstore color. but if the stylist knows which color you are using to upkeep it, they should be able to guess how that color will lift.
We did go to bed early last night and loving this new bed!! Every time we go into our bedroom we feel as if we`ve moved as everything is completely different, in a good way.
Since we spend half our life in a bed, they need to be comfortable. It is great you found a comfy one.

Now you have me curious at to what coronation chicken is....off to Pinterest to see
😎. Rocking them. No hat. Don’t need to chase it. LoL But probably pants. Though I’m sure you will most likely see both kids in shorts.
Enjoy that weather!!!! I can't wait until it's warm enough for walking outside again.

Well, I should go track down some papers. None have arrived on my desk yet.

Have a great day everyone.

It's Friday :cheer2: For a short week....it sure felt long :rotfl:

I was extremely disappointed this morning when I walked outside and was hit the the arctic blast still lingering :furious: I grumbled and mumbled the whole way to work - even while I getting my morning tea. Even my hands/fingers were cold this morning with my big wool mitts on. Sigh...hopefully this arctic air moves on soon.

Quiet night last night. I didn't do anything I said I wanted to do. Got my haircut...which felt amazing. Stopped at one store I have been wanting to get to - since I was out and about. Went home, had a sandwich, a bath, then watched mindless tv and cruised my phone.

YUM!!!!! That is a family favorite!!!!!! Chicken leftover are the best.

My balayage lasts about 6-9 months depending on how long my layers are. I also do color my own roots at home in between. I ONLY color the roots...I never pull the color through to the ends. Because I'm frugal I color my own roots. That's why I like doing a balayage...I can do the upkeep at home, and still get my stylist to do the full color. It is something people can do at home to upkeep the roots. That's why I like the balayage. It just looks like your hair has been sunkissed.

I am lucky to be able to use professional color - so my stylist knows which color is on my hair. Some stylists look down on people who use box/drugstore color. but if the stylist knows which color you are using to upkeep it, they should be able to guess how that color will lift.

Since we spend half our life in a bed, they need to be comfortable. It is great you found a comfy one.

Now you have me curious at to what coronation chicken is....off to Pinterest to see

Enjoy that weather!!!! I can't wait until it's warm enough for walking outside again.

Well, I should go track down some papers. None have arrived on my desk yet.

Have a great day everyone.

I don’t think I know anyone who’s had that done to their hair, it does sound lovely though.

Everyone has their own version of Coronation Chicken, I add green onion, dried cranberries in place of sultanas or dried apricots and I use hot curry seasoning in place of the usual mild flavour.

I also don’t really like mayonnaise so I use the alternative called salad cream, not for everyone, Tom prefers mayo, but I like it.

Yep, it’s worth paying for that extra special mattress for comfort, thankfully we both find it as comfy as each other.

Have a good weekend with your new job…

New butcher sausages were nice, not the best as I thought the seasoning was lacking something, but they were very meaty. Made an onion gravy and mashed potatoes to go with them.

Rain is still on and wind is still a howling around us, it’s a night for staying in.

Made an appointment just to get my hair washed, blow dried and straightened in the salon tomorrow afternoon, my friend is there at the same time for going out tomorrow night. Think she might get ready at our house for dinner as her husband is away with work. We’ll take her home at the end of the night or see if she wants to stay over with us.

But, tonight, just us and a pot of tea…….the high life. :)

I don’t think I know anyone who’s had that done to their hair, it does sound lovely though.
A Balayage is like streaks but because of the technique they use, when it grows out...you don't notice the harsh growth line or demarkation. It's beautiful and low maintenance - which is why I like doing it. It took me awhile to get onboard and do it, but now I wouldn't do anything else.

Our town has a small theater group that has plays late February 3 months of the year

Mr Mac and I went this evening and now back home.
It’s nice entertainment and at a decent price.

It’s only a two hour program and always enjoyable

Now home and cat herding ..
The cats really get ticked off since their food did not show up in their dishes until 10:15 tonight…

I guess If I was a cat I would not be very happy…

8B1E933C-9EF7-48B7-AC1F-40852ED82D44.jpeg

Woot!

And good luck to Charade to get that A, and yay for so close to be done. Spring break for little one is coming up fast. Not sure what she wants to do. Guess I’ll find out.

Good night all.

charade we know that A grade will be on your college papers

you will finally be the college grad on the disboards

A Balayage is like streaks but because of the technique they use, when it grows out...you don't notice the harsh growth line or demarkation. It's beautiful and low maintenance - which is why I like doing it. It took me awhile to get onboard and do it, but now I wouldn't do anything else.

It sounds lovely to have that effect in your hair, and you can leave it more than 6 months? Did you say you did your own inbetween or does it not need it? It`s always lovely when you find something that suits you. I don`t think I`ll ever change from High/low lights......but it suits me.....I think......lol......

I`m lucky my grey blends in at the roots so it`s not as noticeable when it`s growing out, but I get my highlights done regularly anyway. I have seen a Balayage done in our salon and her hair was beautiful, but she had a whole head of lustrous hair to begin with, she was stunning.

Thank you both. I wish I had as much confidence in myself as y'all do.

Trivia night tonight was a lot of fun even though my team didn't do very well. What does it say about me that my best category was cartoons?

Look how well you`ve done so far Charade.

We call them Pub Quiz Teams here...I know yours wasn`t held in a pub, but they`re a lot of fun, and some teams are so competitive!!!

Our town has a small theater group that has plays late February 3 months of the year

Now home and cat herding ..
The cats really get ticked off since their food did not show up in their dishes until 10:15 tonight…

I guess If I was a cat I would not be very happy…

That sounds lovely mac, we enjoy a nice show, and nice it`s so local for you both to enjoy the shows they perform.

I can visualise your cats getting huffy not being fed......lol.....

Another wild and wooly weather night here, woke up to grey and miserable again. Although the sun came out yesterday, I doubt we`ll see it shine today. So, we had a lovely snuggly lay in this morning...always nice.

Lazy breakfast then some housework I think, this afternoon my friend is picking me up to go to the salon together to get both our hair`s done together, then head home and get the make up done for tonight. Always enjoy getting ready for a night out. She isn`t staying over as her daughter needs a lift tonight.......best laid plans again......lol......

But, lovely relaxing Saturday......or as my friends say......just like every other day of the week....... :duck:

i-5hw9F8C-S.gif

cv6-Th.jpg

cv22-S.jpg

Have a lovely Saturday :flower3:

871C7BF5-6B5C-466B-BDDE-EED4E886752A.jpeg
Charade - you are doing great juggling school, work & family & still having time for trivia night. The older i get, the above is how I view math. Not exactly encouraging tax season paperwork is piling up on my desk. So much different this year with retirement etc, deem it alien. Instead of reading up on it, might just dump it on somebody else’s & only do simple returns for family. Need to sleep on that

do think the 👽👾may have visited me last night as I’ve been doing very early spring cleaning since I woke up today…beats doing taxes!

only low 40’s here but fell in love with some thick steaks when grocery shopping, will be grilling those bad boys out & watching the Pens & Blues duke it out for almost last place in NHL Soon. Family rivalry teams, will be fun watching the boys talk a good game.

Because I'm frugal I color my own roots.
Long as you can match it up, no harm no foul there in my book
Some are decidedly better than others as to the blending, complimentary colors. I think it looks great on brown hair. One woman I know does a lovely caramel, it’s so subtle I pull red, any hint of it in color and i look like Bozo.
I`m lucky my grey blends in at the roots so it`s not as noticeable when it`s growing out
Every stylist I’ve gone to in the last 5 years marvels that I have few white or grey hairs. Mom was the same all her life. My sister shock white hair when 18, go figure

I’ve always just done highlights and matched the low lights to my natural hair color. Getting tricky now as the very top of my head’s hair near my root hairline has faded to a dishwater blonde. I’m told that shade is very trendy, um, sure it is:bitelip:

Go down an inch and those roots are dark brown. Just above my ears to base of neck, it’s dark brown. i just tell girl now to do partial hi & lo lights to match the top, then a full head twice a year. at least not as noticeable when i need a touch up re roots. Been three months, may stretch it out until sometime in april at this point To give the hair a break From processing.

My stylist thought my white hair matched perfectly with my blonde. Eh, color it all, please. If I did those pulls of slightly different colors, I’d look like my hair coloring got messed up. But I’ve always been blonde, so the mix my colorist does is very similar to what I was before I started coloring. Not brassy, not that white blond. Just what I was told as a kid, a straw head.

Very lazy Saturday. I don’t think little one has moved much. We did soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for brunch. What she feels like for dinner? Who knows. Actually I don’t know either. I guess with it overcast, and a degree above freezing, no reason to be outside.

Hope all are having a great weekend.

Rainy, lazy weekend. The only productive thing I have done today is some laundry. I will have one more relaxation day tomorrow and then start working on my paper. It's due a week from Monday.

We have a surprising amount of community theater groups for a city of our size. Dh is currently in a production of Barefoot in the Park.

Spring break for little one is coming up fast. Not sure what she wants to do. Guess I’ll find out.
Ours is coming up in 2 weeks, but we have no plans since we have the big trip planned in June. I think b and I will go shopping for graduation dresses.

We call them Pub Quiz Teams here...I know yours wasn`t held in a pub, but they`re a lot of fun, and some teams are so competitive!!!
Ours was a fundraiser for the youth mission trip. I hope they do this again next year.

Not exactly encouraging tax season paperwork is piling up on my desk. So much different this year with retirement etc, deem it alien. Instead of reading up on it, might just dump it on somebody else’s & only do simple returns for family. Need to sleep on that
I stopped doing our taxes years ago when our financial situation got more complicated. The first year we used him our accountant found money from the previous year that we were owed. We have continued to use him since then.
Every stylist I’ve gone to in the last 5 years marvels that I have few white or grey hairs.
I'm envious. I think I would be almost completely white if i stopped coloring my hair.

Dh has a show tonight, so I am on my own. I think I will watch TV and work on a cross stitch project i started before I decided to go back to school.

View attachment 742255
Charade - you are doing great juggling school, work & family & still having time for trivia night. The older i get, the above is how I view math. Not exactly encouraging tax season paperwork is piling up on my desk. So much different this year with retirement etc, deem it alien. Instead of reading up on it, might just dump it on somebody else’s & only do simple returns for family. Need to sleep on that

do think the 👽👾may have visited me last night as I’ve been doing very early spring cleaning since I woke up today…beats doing taxes!

only low 40’s here but fell in love with some thick steaks when grocery shopping, will be grilling those bad boys out & watching the Pens & Blues duke it out for almost last place in NHL Soon. Family rivalry teams, will be fun watching the boys talk a good game.

Long as you can match it up, no harm no foul there in my book

Some are decidedly better than others as to the blending, complimentary colors. I think it looks great on brown hair. One woman I know does a lovely caramel, it’s so subtle I pull red, any hint of it in color and i look like Bozo.

Every stylist I’ve gone to in the last 5 years marvels that I have few white or grey hairs. Mom was the same all her life. My sister shock white hair when 18, go figure

I’ve always just done highlights and matched the low lights to my natural hair color. Getting tricky now as the very top of my head’s hair near my root hairline has faded to a dishwater blonde. I’m told that shade is very trendy, um, sure it is:bitelip:

Go down an inch and those roots are dark brown. Just above my ears to base of neck, it’s dark brown. i just tell girl now to do partial hi & lo lights to match the top, then a full head twice a year. at least not as noticeable when i need a touch up re roots. Been three months, may stretch it out until sometime in april at this point To give the hair a break From processing.

lol……nice cat pic!

We’re twinkies! My sister started going grey at 18, not completely but very noticeable. I don’t have many grey (thank goodness it’s not white) but there’s a lady at our salon, pure white hair, won’t have highlights, just a straight colour and it looks dreadful, she’s too pale in the first place but the stylist hates doing her hair as it looks awful…..she likes it though.

My roots aren’t noticeable often, but hey……we all get older and I keep telling myself it’s a privilege and I’ll embrace it……but with highlights….. :rotfl:

I’m the same, full head every other visit, sometimes she tells me I don’t need the full head done.

Hope you enjoyed the game and the steaks!

:lovestruc the kat pic

It’s a good un……

Nothing funnier than a wet cat…says the dry human lol

Not for the cat…….lol……..

It’s now we get rid of the wild cats round here, not that there’s many, the foxes tend to scare them away, but automatic sprinklers work every time.

Rainy, lazy weekend. The only productive thing I have done today is some laundry. I will have one more relaxation day tomorrow and then start working on my paper. It's due a week from Monday.

We have a surprising amount of community theater groups for a city of our size. Dh is currently in a production of Barefoot in the Park.

Ours is coming up in 2 weeks, but we have no plans since we have the big trip planned in June. I think b and I will go shopping for graduation dresses.

Ours was a fundraiser for the youth mission trip. I hope they do this again next year.

I stopped doing our taxes years ago when our financial situation got more complicated. The first year we used him our accountant found money from the previous year that we were owed. We have continued to use him since then.

I'm envious. I think I would be almost completely white if i stopped coloring my hair.

Dh has a show tonight, so I am on my own. I think I will watch TV and work on a cross stitch project i started before I decided to go back to school.

Nice cause for a fundraiser Charade…..yes, a yearly thing is nice.

Back home after a lovely evening out.

Food was lovely, most of us ordered a medium rare filet with peppercorn sauce which was a delight, one orders it blue…..and it was still mooing when it was served! None of us had appetisers as this place excels in desserts, more so than our favourite pub down the road from this one……

Although we do all still prefer the other place, this one was nice for a change.

Coming back through the country lanes, the snow gritters were out which was surprising, I know it’s cold, but didn’t think it was that cold, we were only 30 minutes inland.

Bought a new Blu Ray DVD player today, so watching The Conjuring now as our last one gave up the ghost……darn scary movie that gets me every time……poor Tom will have a rucksack on his back tonight!

Will pop the slow cooker on before we go to bed, cooking diced braising beef in ale/stock/herbs/spices it’ll be a beautiful beef casserole for tomorrow nights dinner.

And for those that do read it……..:rolleyes1 hoping to start the pre trip report tomorrow…….

1677365993249.jpeg

Well technically, it’s 9 weeks till we fly…….but, hey Ho……..

Hope your Saturday night is a good one………🍷

My stylist thought my white hair matched perfectly with my blonde. Eh, color it all, please
Most do seem to urge them kept as lighter highlights. I’d honestly love to have a nice sprinkle of them for that reason.

You are brave. It surely takes a real pro of a stylist to know how to do an all over blonde that isn’t one dimensional, or worse, turn it into an over-processed brassy mess.
just spending that last time together before graduation will be fun no matter what you decided to do! Maybe a nice tea or ladies’ luncheon or even a spa day if that is your cuppa.

Hope you enjoyed the game and the steaks!
Well, the Pens managed to get the win, dumb and dumber sort of game. However, the steaks were absolutely delicious. bit of a surprise as from SAMs club. I do their chicken, not a fan of most of their meat, always seemed to be a big chewie. This time, melt in the mouth. Now, need to go back and get more lol
Bought a new Blu Ray DVD player today, so watching The Conjuring now as our last one gave up the ghost……darn scary movie that gets me every time……poor Tom will have a rucksack on his back tonight!

Well technically, it’s 9 weeks till we fly…….but, hey Ho……..
Close enough. I love a good countdown. Charade did a killer one or two in the past here that were fun to see.

I always appreciate the effort when people here share, especially in the winter when doldrums lurk

Little one wanted to go to NYC in the Spring. Well, I just scored 78 dollars train round trip for both of us on a Friday in April. Yay!

Yeah Keisha, she does a great job with just one color, and I’m never brassy or looking like that over bleached blonde. She had tin foil ready for her next customer out when I was at her chair. She said I don’t need that. Fine with me. I go every 4 or 5 weeks. My pamper time. I do think different times of year, the color stays longer than other times. Just got an inch cut off, as wanted it a bit shorter as getting hotter. Well, except for today. 35 degrees. Yeah, more like a February weather. Good thing it’s going to have a high of 53 tomorrow.

Most do seem to urge them kept as lighter highlights. I’d honestly love to have a nice sprinkle of them for that reason.

You are brave. It surely takes a real pro of a stylist to know how to do an all over blonde that isn’t one dimensional, or worse, turn it into an over-processed brassy mess.

just spending that last time together before graduation will be fun no matter what you decided to do! Maybe a nice tea or ladies’ luncheon or even a spa day if that is your cuppa.

Well, the Pens managed to get the win, dumb and dumber sort of game. However, the steaks were absolutely delicious. bit of a surprise as from SAMs club. I do their chicken, not a fan of most of their meat, always seemed to be a big chewie. This time, melt in the mouth. Now, need to go back and get more lol

Close enough. I love a good countdown. Charade did a killer one or two in the past here that were fun to see.

I always appreciate the effort when people here share, especially in the winter when doldrums lurk

Yes, highlights aren`t harsh on your hair the way a regular colour is, this lady has a head like straw but she doesn`t see it. I know her stylist does her best but cringes when she leaves, it doesn`t look good, not brassy just looks a shade whiter than her usual colour which might look better on her if she stuck to it.

I love the way my stylist does my friend`s hair, lots more caramel than I have and it looks beautiful, I only have one or two caramel colours blended with the blonde, but it`s enough to not look harsh.

We have a place similar to Costco, but nowhere near as large and it used to have a very good butcher department, steaks were decent and the chickens were all more or less local, about a year ago they suddenly changed. Steak was like shoe leather and the chickens were just not good, full of bruising inside and after that we never purchased from them again, seems they were getting their meat from Eastern Europe as it was "cheap". One of the two whole chickens we bought, I decided to spatchcock it, I swear the raw flesh was "crunchy". Weirdest sensation ever.

I`d much rather pay more and get a decent product. So it`s always from butchers who rear and butcher their own meat we`ll buy from. So, as I ramble again......I`m glad you enjoyed the steaks!!

Yes, a little bit of a sunshine outlook is always nice!!!

Good to see the publishers came to their sense and are not going to change the original works of Roald Dahl. Mostly down to our new Queen Camilla who spoke out against wokeism. Good for her. Although now the James Bond books are being attacked.

Going to be drizzly and not overly warm next few days at least, so no walking today for us, will pop out this morning for some groceries and I need to take a dress back I bought.....looked lovely but got it home and I look like something out of Little House on the Prairie!!! File it under...what was I thinking!!

Beef cooked nicely overnight, so only the veg to do for dinner tonight, lunch is going to be shrimp cocktail sandwiches, the mix of mayo and ketchup together is our cocktail sauce and it has to be on white bread of course.

Toast, plain old toast with preserves for breakfast, and lots of tea this morning, we didn`t overindulge last night on wine, but still felt like a cuppa early this morning.

i-qJ6DML9-Th.jpg

cv82-Th.jpg

cv12-S.png

Have a super Sunday 🙂

39A9008D-2B3A-408E-9877-60EB0BA4B669.jpeg
Decided to not do the gymnastics road trip, turns out highway construction in West Virginia would stretch out the drive to almost 5 hours RT. ’nuff said there.

Need to pick up a WM order for paper products. Dinner is a real mystery, may bask in the glow of McD’s Golden Arches. Not quite sure what that says about you to 1. Belong to their reward program & 2. Earn enough points for free food. It’s their fries that had me at hello:blush:

I do think different times of year, the color stays longer than other times. Just got an inch cut off, as wanted it a bit shorter
the sun is notorious for fading blonde hair color. factor in sulfate products lurking in lots of hair stuff and chlorine in the water…it’s a real jungle out there for blondes.

i have to laugh when travelers to Orlando complain about the ‘hard water’ there. our tiny town of 1 square mile gets their’s from under ground river/aquifer vs treating river water. It’s nearly double Orlando’s…condition, condition and condition those tresses some more

next to us, several communities do use the river water. one of the chemicals they use to bring it up to EPA safety levels renders light colored clothing orange when using regular Tide laundry detergent. 🕵️‍♀️ where’s Bill Nye, The Science Guy when you need him?
So, as I ramble again......I`m glad you enjoyed the steaks!!
Literally, this is “the place” for something about nothing Lol
Good to see the publishers came to their sense and are not going to change the original works of Roald Dahl. Mostly down to our new Queen Camilla who spoke out against wokeism. Good for her. Although now the James Bond books are being attacked
Hemmingway’s work has been critiqued for years by feminists. I had to laugh when I read awhile back a University tagged The Old Man and the Sea for being potentially “too graphic as to fishing” and made it optional reading. as you well know, sometimes a book about 🎣:fish:is not about a:fish:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter