Something About Nothing............ #14

Ah, rainy and cool we have it. DH wanted to put our bags outside last night. I’m glad we did not. Did rain in the overnight, and I think they will be inside the truck rather than in the flat bed back he has, given weather news this morning, saying rain starting around 8 am and continuing thought the day. Though should be out of here by later evening. Then cool days for home for Mother’s Day weekend.

T minus 0 I am. Hoping no rain there in the next 6 days. And overly hot weather. Bathing suits packed. Sunglasses too.

Older one should be home late today, as sister to be home today. Talked to her last night, said beautiful weather along the coast further down from where we will be. Lucky her, she flies from little airport to little airport, on a jet. But I do like our big City airport, where we almost always go out of. Easy to get around, and don’t have to take a fake monorail, just a one floor elevator, stairs or escalator down to baggage area. Though can be a bit of walking, as SW always comes in one of the four gates at the very end of the long line of gates on both sides of the aisle, in that part of the airport. And almost at the end of the domestic part of it. But glad SW came to the airport. It’s been our main choice since they arrived.

Mostly packed, I will get little one up soon, as giving her time to get up and moving, as I think she is also mostly packed. Hehe, she bought snacks yesterday, as said in case she gets hungry at the airport. She probably won’t, but no matter, it will join the other snacks and drink we will buy as we do a Target run on our way to the hotel. That she does snack on, later in the evening, when we are usually in our room.

Ack, for Pumpkin to have that kinda week. Hope today is better for you, and yay for green being seen. A totally relaxing weekend you definitely need.

Fabulous Friday here. Not only has the fun started, but good thing it’s pay day today, too. Meaning more fun already planned in the Fall, and toying with a late Summer trip right before that Fall trip. Gotta enjoy those APs while the year of their use. And yay, got that 15 month bonus when renewed the dark side one. More time for fun next year.

Hope all have the Most Fabulous and Fantastic Friday today, and a Most Wonderful and Relaxing Weekend, and for all the moms, have a Very Happy Mother’s Day this Sunday.

Woot! Time to poke the bear. Sigh, neither kid is an early riser like their parents.

Happy Friday. Today is commencement day which means dh will be at the university all day and B and I will avoid that side of town.

I have no plans for today. I think tomorrow I will clean house while the other 2 are away. Dh is planning on going into his office to work on some class changes for next year. B has a long shift in the floral department at Kroger. She is excited about getting to work in the floral department. I wonder how she will feel when the shift is over.

We didn’t get any of the bad storms that some of you had. It didn’t even rain as much as I expected.

Mac - I can’t sleep during thunderstorms either. Caspian also hides, but I have no idea where he goes.

Pumpkin - Hope you have a nice, relaxing weekend.

Lynne - safe flight. Hope you have a great trip.

Speaking of trips. AP rates have been released for B’s birthday week. I just booked a volcano view room at Cabana Bay for November 11-15. I just hope she will be able to get off work that week.
Now to start watching airline rates.

I’m in sweats. It’s damp & cold here. Well, after the close to 90 last wee, feels cold. Will struggle to get past mid 50s. Not much improvement tomorrow. Ah well, then we bounce back nicely.

Meaning more fun already planned in the Fall, and toying with a late Summer trip right before that Fall trip. Gotta enjoy those APs while the year of their use. And yay, got that 15 month bonus when renewed the dark side one. More time for fun next year.
You are a rambling (wo)man!

I’m of the with those APs till they scream. Since WDW is more than double in price than U, squeeze them till they scream

I renewed one in Feb, another this month & told the mr I’ve selected him to pick up the tab for 3rd one we keep going in June.

Did u see SW/BG military salute offer again? Freebies to both categories. We grab a single tix thru it each year for GD @ SW to use to ride the coasters 4th of July week.

We did the combo SW/A military fun card thru this year I just realized it offers free parking. Going to try to start using it for the water park each trip It’s an easy one to navigate, no fuss no muss
B has a long shift in the floral department at Kroger. She is excited about getting to work in the floral department. I wonder how she will feel when the shift is over.
They will likely be slammed with commencement & Mother’s Day. She will sleep good lol
I just booked a volcano view room at Cabana Bay for November 11-15. I just hope she will be able to get off work that week.
Woohoo. plan on submitting that request 1-1/2 months out?

Carole-dooby doo-where are you?
IMG_1082.jpeg

Slow day on the unit - which I will gladly take!!!!! I already messaged dh and told him I'm not cooking dinner tonight - unless I get a big burst of energy by then.

So far - the weather looks nice here. Just waiting for someone to come relieve me - so I can go take my daily walk on my break. Those quick little walks on my breaks definitely help me get my daily steps in!!! I am loving that part of the breaks. Some days I feel like a groundhog popping up to get the sunshine in :laughing:

For as hard and sad our department can be - there is also the wins!!! A pt on his last treatment today - left us chocolates and a card. Pt's also bring us meals to share. Today - I got left a box of chocolates - as I was his smiling face that greeted him everyday of this treatment. Those are the wins I will focus on!

Mostly packed, I will get little one up soon, as giving her time to get up and moving, as I think she is also mostly packed. Hehe, she bought snacks yesterday, as said in case she gets hungry at the airport. She probably won’t, but no matter, it will join the other snacks and drink we will buy as we do a Target run on our way to the hotel. That she does snack on, later in the evening, when we are usually in our room.
Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!
Speaking of trips. AP rates have been released for B’s birthday week. I just booked a volcano view room at Cabana Bay for November 11-15. I just hope she will be able to get off work that week.
I'm just waiting for my vacation request to be approved before I buy our park tickets. We have flights and the hotel booked for Oct!
B has a long shift in the floral department at Kroger. She is excited about getting to work in the floral department. I wonder how she will feel when the shift is over.
She will be a busy busy gal this weekend. It will be fun - but exhausting.

Well...I should get going and actually shuffle some papers around.

Have a great day everyone!!!

I'm just waiting for my vacation request to be approved before I buy our park tickets. We have flights and the hotel booked for Oct!
Woohoo

I always tried to bring in donuts, pastries, bagels/cream cheese or cookie tray at least once a month for girls on the floor of my mom’s wing of nursing home.

Just a little thing like that really seemed to be appreciated. They deserved that and so much more

Now an 3 hour and 10 minute delay. Ugh.

Weather?

That storm finally made it all the way East to us. 70+ gusts around town and some short lived heavy rain. A few small limbs down here and some new spring foliage blown about.
A cooler weekend then a deluge Mon-Wed.
Making a strawberry layer cake with marshmallow fluff strawberry icing, layered and topped with fresh strawberry.
Have a great weekend all!

marshmallow fluff strawberry icin
Don’t think I’ve ever had that whipped into cake icing

Once a year or so I totally indulge & make like Elvis. adding it, PB & bananas to Texas toast

I found some crab legs hiding in freezer. Pulled out some shrimp & made some noodles to soak up the lemon butter. Very little left over lol

Bybthw time we got to the room and got out what was needed and put away stuff, all parks but MK were closed. So, what da ya do? Catch a bus to MK for about 1 and 1/2 hours. Did people mover, buzz, and the smelly gas cars. Then we decided, had a long enough day, back to hotel we are.

Hope all have a good night.
IMG_3494.jpeg

Lynne - you missed the social media darling purple wall pic opposite from that shot lol. Better late than never getting there! How is your room?

On way out to volunteer at local hard-to-recycle event, then join one of my DS to help pick out his new glasses

Dinner tonight pork chops…which i will cook a bit longer to avoid anyone turning into Robert Kennedy :rolleyes1 Gives new meaning to a wormhole. Guess my Mom wasn’t wrong when she said to cook pork all the way thru, she told me so lol.

Our town last night was sorta hohum for the solar show, just faint pink purple thru the clouds. Respective pics of skies at a friend’s & DSs house, 30 min north and 20 min north east of my town. Supposedly, another chance for us to view tonight.

Resized_FB_IMG_1715436094579_1715436107384.jpeg
Resized_FB_IMG_1715436213829_1715436221272.jpeg

Beautiful day. Back to MK, and early lunch at Charter House. Kids meals there are da bomb. Now chilling, as nice AC upstairs, where generally quiet. Mobile order da bomb too. Hot and eaten fast, as we were hungry. 76 is our Tron time, so we are thinking around 1 or 2 this afternoon, hence we will chill and see what short lines we can get in, before Tron, then we will make our way out of the park, and spend part of the evening with a later dinner at that Canadian place. Steaks we enjoy. Then maybe close HS down, maybe not.

Yay, for that sun flare, giving those lights to a far down as Georgia. Even a little seen last night. Cool pictures, Keisha.

Oh and Keisha, we like our room, but asked for two beds, we got a king and a sofa bed. Not what we really wanted, but for a few days we’re are here, it’s fine. Close enough to elevator and bus stop. It’s nice, as have a balcony, and very quiet room, which both I really like. And bathroom and water pressure are da bomb here too. But that soft water, almost slimy feeling, to shower in, not that much of a fan. Would we stay here again? Yeah, but of those on the area, we’d stay at YC if we had gotten the same price.

early lunch at Charter House
Columbia harbor? I miss soup in bread bowl

lol I (and my hair) love that soft water as ours is as hard as it gets back home
we’d stay at YC if we had gotten the same price.
Lazy river there a Disney novelty. That main pool gets so slammed tho.

Going to try BWI pool? Always too lazy to walk over Like seeing giant swan & dolphin across waterway at the ‘clown’ pool RIP 😢

There’s a lot that I miss at CH, including the tuna sandwich they had. I really wanted fried shrimp, and only available in a kid’s meal. Hence, good deal, 4 shrimp, and a large amount of fries and green beans, with a small soda. Was a nice, not too full feeling meal, so perfect. As also felt hot feeling today. Little one had three large chicken fingers, with the same sides and a soda too, and if she had another chicken finger, which the adult meal was, minus the beans, and probably maybe, a little more fries, was 4 more dollars, and she was full with kid’s version.

When it’s hot, we tend to not eat heavy for lunch, Dinner coming after what is now, snacking and relaxing, after MK fun. Left after we got a free lightning lane to use tonight for Tron, as it went down just as we were to get on. I think if it goes back up, this evening, we may pop over after we enjoy some HS fun after our dinner. Then, since both parks close before MK, if Tron working late, we will ride it as our last ride for the night.

We woke up to smoke - lots and lots of heavy smoke rolled in overnight.

We got an emergency alert as a fire had started about 15 miles from the city and they were evacuating :faint: so it starts again :sad2:. I hope the forecast is correct, and the rain will come about Wednesday. Let the rain dances commence.

Quiet day - did a little cleaning, did our weekly shopping. Tomorrow, has no plans. The boys are making dinner - so this Momma doesn't have to cook :cheer2:That makes me happy!

Did anyone read " The Tattooist of Auschwitz"? It was an amazing book - which they have made into a series. I set our pvr to record it. It recorded one episode - tomorrow is another one. I can't decide if I should wait and watch them all together - or watch them as they come out.

Our town last night was sorta hohum for the solar show, just faint pink purple thru the clouds. Respective pics of skies at a friend’s & DSs house, 30 min north and 20 min north east of my town. Supposedly, another chance for us to view tonight.
We seen them as we were heading to bed...but I seen pictures others posted...and all I can say is WOW!!! It looks like many places around the world experienced them. I was hoping I could stay later tonight ( last night ) - and now the smoke is so thick it will be impossible. I didn't even see the sun or even an outline of it today.

Beautiful day. Back to MK, and early lunch at Charter House.
Great pictures!!!! Have a great time.

Well, I should get going.

Have a great evening everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter