Something About Nothing............ #14

I had a list of 6 things I needed to take care of today and as of right now, only can check one thing off my list.

Anyone here have days like that?

I’m putting the porch light on early so I won’t stumble in the dark when I come back later.

Thanks Mac. Sun rose and a sunny day already. And, like McK, we have a chance of that haha, you loose, got rain. Though I guess Keisha wants to be that loser, getting rain. And I am having one of those mornings, and have no idea what the news said this morning. But after the forecast was in the news last night, some clouds may be around in the morning, then full sun the rest of the day, and another steamy one, with high humidity and 91 the high. Mid 70’s already.

And yeah, I can make a list for the day, and not get to anything on it.

Hehe, I could come down to help, Charade. I enjoy puzzles. Little one does not like to do some, but she is a very good puzzler.

Robo, i hope you are doing well, back better, and enjoying your coffee this morning.

Mac, hope those cats let you sleep.

Tink, hope you are having a fabulous time. Deserved.

Schumi must be busy this morning. Hope all is okay, and sad that your September trip may also not be. At least the Winter one sounds to be a much better chance, and then Kyle will be with you. But, even is not on a plane, will be nice to enjoy a holiday trip with Kyle wherever you go.

81565E62-41D3-4790-86F4-DCE054C1A3E0.jpegAh yes, tea in tea cup, happily being sipped, as thirsty this morning. How fitting. Why yes,

42233D2A-0115-42D0-A98E-34D2DCF0DC8C.gif

So yes, raise a glass or a cup, and have that terrific Thursday.

Good Morning to the homies. ,:wave2: and hope you are feeling great, safe, and oh so happy.

I had a list of 6 things I needed to take care of today and as of right now, only can check one thing off my list.

I’m putting the porch light on early so I won’t stumble in the dark when I come back later.
Definitely! Although I’ve worked through some massive lists recently and then rebelled against them! However yesterday I forgot to make a call so I’m now constructing a new list of things I need to do. Brain is definitely a bit fuddled.

Off to hairdresser shortly - want it really short as I don’t want to go again for a while!

Happy Real! Hope you like your hairdo after your salon visit. So nice to be pampered. And take a deep breath, and relax some, you have had a lot on your table this past year.

hi everybody :wave2:

Just popping in before we hit the beach. We were finally able to get in the water yesterday after having double red flags the first few days due to rip currents.

Danielle doesn't like having her picture taken so I had to sneak up on her to take this...
20200709_100445.jpg
it's good to see her relaxing and enjoying life after working so hard this year.

Hope you all have an awesome day...I'm off to the beach :beach:

hi everybody :wave2:

Just popping in before we hit the beach. We were finally able to get in the water yesterday after having double red flags the first few days due to rip currents.

Danielle doesn't like having her picture taken so I had to sneak up on her to take this...
View attachment 507760
it's good to see her relaxing and enjoying life after working so hard this year.

Hope you all have an awesome day...I'm off to the beach :beach:

She`s such a lovely girl Vicki.......yes, you all deserve a break......looks so lovely where you are Vicki.......have an absolute blast!!! Watch out for those waves!!! And good to see you pop in......

Yep, Lynne is correct......late today.

I have a good excuse.....I spent the day looking at puppies!!!!

My friend who lost one of her dogs last week, wanted to go visit two breeders she knows and asked me to go with her....so , after promising Tom I wouldn`t purchase one myself (he knows me so well).....I went with her to look. Oh my goodness......I was so tempted!!! Springer Spaniels at one place and labs at another.

She went with a gorgeous springer spaniel who is around 8 weeks old, and she will get her home in another 3-4 weeks.....puppy will be around 12 weeks old.....we just didn`t want to leave them!!!

And for the first time since lockdown I`ve been in a pub and had lunch!! Friend`s husband had arrived home a few days ago from the UAE, so she allowed him to drive us down, was only supposed to be us two, but it meant he could drive, so we had a lovely bottle of wine between the two of us at lunch.......nice!!!

The pub itself only took bookings, so the breeder called ahead to this place in her village nearby and we were so glad we went. Tables were spaced well apart, every precaution in place and food was lovely. I wished Tom had come with us, but he`d be more likely to purchase a puppy than me!!! And we really don`t want a dog. No more travelling if we did!!

But, what a lovely way to spend a day......it was only around 2 hours away, but nice, bit of a day out nursing lab and spaniel puppies.

Now to find something to cook for my two for dinner....I have eaten today so just them to feed.......

Hehe, why I will not check our dog places, Schumi. I always want to take them all home. Sweet, your friend found a pup that she will have many years to enjoy. So glad you could get out and enjoy good food and good company. Yeah, when I have a large lunch, I only like to pick small meal for dinner, if at all. Yeah, then the rest of the family is hungry.

A what for lunch? Older one wants take out. Little one says headache, so eating her go to chicken rice soup. Wants that, and lay down. Eh, I think some pasta may be left over, if the men did not get to it. Off to find some lunch.

Hehe, why I will not check our dog places, Schumi. I always want to take them all home. Sweet, your friend found a pup that she will have many years to enjoy. So glad you could get out and enjoy good food and good company. Yeah, when I have a large lunch, I only like to pick small meal for dinner, if at all. Yeah, then the rest of the family is hungry.

A what for lunch? Older one wants take out. Little one says headache, so eating her go to chicken rice soup. Wants that, and lay down. Eh, I think some pasta may be left over, if the men did not get to it. Off to find some lunch.

For sure......I had a beautiful Duck dish in a cherry sauce......then caramel apple crumble which was delightful. Couldn`t have eaten a meal tonight for all the tea in China!!!

I have managed a large glass of Pinot Noir though.......I think Tom got the bigger glass now I`m looking over at his........o_O

Hope your daughter feels better tonight, headaches aren`t a lot of fun.

Oh yes.... I'm pretty sure I can say every day something is left off the list! LOL!
And, like McK, we have a chance of that haha, you loose, got rain. Though I guess Keisha wants to be that loser, getting rain. And I am having one of those mornings, and have no idea what the news said this morning. But after the forecast was in the news last night, some clouds may be around in the morning, then full sun the rest of the day, and another steamy one, with high humidity and 91 the high. Mid 70’s already.
No rain today! Well... a slight sprinkle sun shower around 2, but it's been hot, hot hot!
No better way to spend a day, I say!
Oh my goodness......I was so tempted!!! Springer Spaniels at one place and labs at another.

She went with a gorgeous springer spaniel who is around 8 weeks old, and she will get her home in another 3-4 weeks.....puppy will be around 12 weeks old.....we just didn`t want to leave them!!!
They are great dogs. One of my friends has one and she is soooo smart! Great choice!
Hehe, why I will not check our dog places, Schumi. I always want to take them all home.
Same! Although I've been toying with the idea of getting another one.

@schumigirl i cannot got to look at dogs or puppies I would bring them all home! Our Louie is terribly spoilt particularly by my grandson - they are two scamps when together!

Early start for us tomorrow. A dear friend passed away recently - he was awaiting a liver transplant having suffered a degenerative disease and everything approved for March but the virus halted transplants and tragically he deteriorated in June and was taken down to Birmingham transplant unit but was too unwell for surgery. I am 64 and we started school together aged 5 - went on to the Grammar school together and been friends all this time despite both moving away. He was president of Southport Rugby Club so as we cannot attend the service we are all lining the route at the club for the cortège to pass by. I will miss his good humour which continued right up until his last day via messaging.

Still raining here - really hope it dries up before our schools break up end of next week.

:hug: Real. Sad news, and always shocking when someone you known for so long, passes away.

Stinking hot, agreed McK. Seems we will have a very wet Friday, as I am close enough to the Coast, that Fay is coming to visit tomorrow, and already got a phone buzz flooding alert good for the next 29 hours. Bands of heavy rain. Good reason to stay inside. Though little one wants a Chinese lunch tomorrow. The one we use is a 5 minute drive, so dash in, get and dash back into home. Won ton soup, yum. Though last time got egg drop. Good too. Ack, no cry for dinner. Thinking easy. Burgers on grill so momma don’t have to cook.

:hug: @Realfoodfans I'm so sorry!
Stinking hot, agreed McK. Seems we will have a very wet Friday, as I am close enough to the Coast, that Fay is coming to visit tomorrow, and already got a phone buzz flooding alert good for the next 29 hours.
Yes, we're set to have rain starting at 9 am and going all day. So we'll enjoy to sun today. It's still super hot out! I'll take it and pretend I'm in Florida. :sunny:

Ooh burgers were very good, and put an egg and cheese on all but plain for little one. Slice of tomatoes, and green peppers. Quick, easy meal. DH just mowed the grass. Eww, good thing he is headed to the shower. Even this evening, sticky hot and buggy. Me, inside in that cool, AC. Ahhh. We have the AC on auto all Summer. We get as hot as Florida most of the time. I see pool time for the weekend. Because after the washout Friday, heat comes back for the weekend. Car gets new tires, then pool time. Hoping, anyway.

Enjoy this very warm Thursday evening, and smile, when you wake up tomorrow, Woot! Friday, baby. 😛

Hey all
Went to get some water ice, and the walk back was buggy and sticky feeling out. Opened our front door, ahh, cool air. Just chilling now, so a perfect evening.
I’ve been using spray more often as well as having the mr treat the yard. That did seem to help
Quite a bit
Hope it wasn't too long.
Short but not sweet lol. At least no scapels, that’s a win in my book
The restrictions vary by county? That must get very confusing.
yes, it’s getting even more compartmentalized here, senseless
It`s worrying when you think these are the people in charge of making the rules for us......yes, think there`s been a lot of deep breaths around!!
I’m usually ok with it but the level of ineptitude is dangerous
And made waffles last night. So, no ice cream for breakfast. Er, why yes, common to see waffles and ice cream. Hmmm. Or with syrup, and some fruit. No chicken left, so not that common chicken and waffles meal either. Well, off to toast it warm again.
Any work for me lol. Rarely eat them but when I do, go large as Belgium with fruit & whipped cream or chicken & waffles with spiced up maple syrup
Also telling, is the City schools are planning to have kids go to school this Fall. We usually start the school year on the day after Labor Day, so I am highly thinking we will be going back in, when the City school kids do. Both my college kids start end of August, both online. Little one’s campus will be open until Thanksgiving, but I see no reason for her to go there much, given she has all online classes. Maybe to visit with friends, on a weekend.
im missing the point one parent was describing to me...all online classes, social distancing and little to none activities, but still staying on campus.

not in Pittsburgh school district but they sent out emails to parents wherein they had to choose all cyber learning or hybrid of it and in a couple of school days Each week
Yes, Tom grilled today....no cooking for me for a change! Although I did do everything else......lol.
That’s a change! Enjoy
I guess I have the face of a 4-12 year old.
Lol just think when you’re 80 how young U will look

received the Disney themed masks. The part that goes over the mouth is so small. Well, maybe I just have a big mouth but gave mine away thot heavy and just plain uncomfortable
Homemade pizza for dinner tonight. I froze some leftover pizza dough two months ago when I made a lot so it was super easy to thaw and go. I
That is impressive.
Hope you all have an awesome day...I'm off to the beach
Better words never spoken lol. Enjoy. Great pic of ur DD
Oh my goodness......I was so tempted!!! Springer Spaniels at one place and labs at another.
How did u resist those sweet puppy eyes?
dear friend passed away recently - he was awaiting a liver transplant having suffered a degenerative disease and everything approved for March but the virus halted transplants and tragically he deteriorated in June and was taken down to Birmingham transplant unit but was too unwell for surgery.
Wow, that is really a lot, poor soul

Good evening everyone. Quick post before I tackle the puzzle again. Today was a challenge. I got to work and the printer wasn't printing. It was working fine when I left yesterday. Boss says it quit sometime last night. I wasted half the morning trying to find out if it was a simple fix. I turned it of and back on again, checked the cables, etc. Finally had to call in a professional.

I think we have all had those days. Sometimes nothing gets checked off the list.

Hehe, I could come down to help, Charade. I enjoy puzzles. Little one does not like to do some, but she is a very good puzzler.
We could use the help. Tonight I decided to take a look at our new puzzle, the one that was shipped from China, to see what the quality was like. Every piece is the exact size and shape! I predict this one will be another royal pain to put together.

Danielle doesn't like having her picture taken so I had to sneak up on her to take this
I'm not much of a beach person, but that does look very relaxing.

My friend who lost one of her dogs last week, wanted to go visit two breeders she knows and asked me to go with her....so , after promising Tom I wouldn`t purchase one myself (he knows me so well).....I went with her to look. Oh my goodness......I was so tempted!!! Springer Spaniels at one place and labs at another.
Looking at puppies is a great excuse. One of my online friends has 2 Springer Spaniels. Both are very spoiled dogs.

Little one says headache
Hope she is feeling better now.

A dear friend passed away recently -
I am so sorry. Hugs to you.

Time to go face the challenge.

Oh yes.... I'm pretty sure I can say every day something is left off the list! LOL!

No rain today! Well... a slight sprinkle sun shower around 2, but it's been hot, hot hot!

No better way to spend a day, I say!

They are great dogs. One of my friends has one and she is soooo smart! Great choice!

Same! Although I've been toying with the idea of getting another one.

The Springer Spaniels are an amazing breed! So full of energy too.... she`s had dogs her whole life and can happily walk for hours every day with them......in all weathers.......her dogs are always so well looked after and beautiful, I`m looking forward to her getting this one home in a few weeks......

Glad you`re having some nice weather!

@schumigirl i cannot got to look at dogs or puppies I would bring them all home! Our Louie is terribly spoilt particularly by my grandson - they are two scamps when together!

Early start for us tomorrow. A dear friend passed away recently - he was awaiting a liver transplant having suffered a degenerative disease and everything approved for March but the virus halted transplants and tragically he deteriorated in June and was taken down to Birmingham transplant unit but was too unwell for surgery. I am 64 and we started school together aged 5 - went on to the Grammar school together and been friends all this time despite both moving away. He was president of Southport Rugby Club so as we cannot attend the service we are all lining the route at the club for the cortège to pass by. I will miss his good humour which continued right up until his last day via messaging.

Still raining here - really hope it dries up before our schools break up end of next week.

Sorry to hear of your friend passing. It`s never easy.

We don`t really want a dog, we like to just get up and go too often and leaving for longer periods of time isn`t fair on a dog, and generally......not keen on the idea anyway.....however cute they look.

Ooh burgers were very good, and put an egg and cheese on all but plain for little one. Slice of tomatoes, and green peppers. Quick, easy meal. DH just mowed the grass. Eww, good thing he is headed to the shower. Even this evening, sticky hot and buggy. Me, inside in that cool, AC. Ahhh. We have the AC on auto all Summer. We get as hot as Florida most of the time. I see pool time for the weekend. Because after the washout Friday, heat comes back for the weekend. Car gets new tires, then pool time. Hoping, anyway.

Enjoy this very warm Thursday evening, and smile, when you wake up tomorrow, Woot! Friday, baby. 😛

You mostly get Florida weather where you are?? wow.......I knew mac gets Florida kinds of temps, and all year round too, but didn`t realise PA did too. Nice.

Hope rain isn`t too bad today and you have a lovely weekend........

Hey all

I’ve been using spray more often as well as having the mr treat the yard. That did seem to help
Quite a bit

Short but not sweet lol. At least no scapels, that’s a win in my book

yes, it’s getting even more compartmentalized here, senseless
I’m usually ok with it but the level of ineptitude is dangerous

Any work for me lol. Rarely eat them but when I do, go large as Belgium with fruit & whipped cream or chicken & waffles with spiced up maple syrup
im missing the point one parent was describing to me...all online classes, social distancing and little to none activities, but still staying on campus.

not in Pittsburgh school district but they sent out emails to parents wherein they had to choose all cyber learning or hybrid of it and in a couple of school days Each week

That’s a change! Enjoy

Lol just think when you’re 80 how young U will look

received the Disney themed masks. The part that goes over the mouth is so small. Well, maybe I just have a big mouth but gave mine away thot heavy and just plain uncomfortable

That is impressive.

Better words never spoken lol. Enjoy. Great pic of ur DD

How did u resist those sweet puppy eyes?

Wow, that is really a lot, poor soul

Short and sweet with no scalpels is a win!!!

Oh they were so cute Janet......I could have cuddled some of them all day!!! Cute.....but a bit like other people`s babies......happy to hand back!!!!

Friday morning again.....it`s dry but cloudy here, a little sun due this afternoon hopefully......and a massive 58F......we`re so spoiled in this country........☔

No plans so far today, may do some housework and think about dinner. Lunch is Chinese chicken legs shredded into a salad......dinner is still to be decided........

Few calls to make, one to mum and a couple of others.......

Hoping the weather will improve over the weekend and we can maybe have a couple of friends over. We`ve been so careful up till now, don`t want to suddenly start getting back to normal too quickly, but we all want to meet up so badly. Will give it a bit longer before meeting up inside as a group though. But, we have decided we will go for lunch next week with some of them.

No bacon this morning.....will keep it for tomorrow....today was croissants and fruit salad. Nice.

cv3041-M.jpg

cv3079-M.jpg

halloween12-L.jpg

Have a wonderful Friday...........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter