• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing............ #14

Aww, Real, sweet Louie, does not like water. Neat to have a portable shower for him. So nice you you to get a walk in too, this morning.

Oh yes, Elsa, I like zucchini bread, so would certainly take a slice with my tea.

Robo, glad to hear you are enjoying your coffee this soon to be noon, today. Hope your back is much better. And yes, always nice to pay it forward.

Good, my older one enjoys making grilled cheese. I told him, with rye bread, I will take one. Easy lunch, yay!

My message above put a waving emoji were it didn’t belong. Couldn’t edit it to remove it. Something going on with the Dis this morning.

Here’s a few pics of the trees

Harry Potter in formal living room. I left this up.

761BB393-B882-4AB9-81A7-AAA43B815C61.jpeg

636B9810-C2DA-44DE-9363-2D5A964E8E35.jpeg

Angel Tree in formal living room.
C6F02150-F50C-4AF3-97A6-015FF1BB09C4.jpeg

Elf tree in dining room

479425C0-0890-4C2A-8B3E-23C6F3B1F735.jpeg

2DC40A13-1FA0-44A0-BEF1-DD1FB7A34267.jpeg

Entry way trees

6740E916-1C99-4FC6-A69E-36E68A5FD101.jpeg

Kitchen Nutcracker tree

18B18A36-DB7A-4C50-9860-35497C4CF714.jpeg

Halloween trees

Witch Tree

B2BBEE0A-4D01-4B78-9822-AE70CBEB004E.jpeg

Pumpkin Tree

03612AE9-EC99-4689-9E4C-53E208F2028B.jpeg

Aww, Real, sweet Louie, does not like water. Neat to have a portable shower for him. So nice you you to get a walk in too, this morning.
Oh he loves water Lynne! Just not having it forced upon him!

Think we have a sale on Dad’s home - I can’t believe it - two potential purchasers immediately - they have upped the offers today so we’ve agreed with one. Not sure what the process is over there with you all but in England it is not legally binding which can cause lots of expense and upset if people back out in a chain. Process here takes roughly about 8 weeks so we will see. Means I’ve now got to think about getting the furniture removed so I’m going to see if any charities want it first.

Children are back with us now so house is busy and Louie thrilled to have his buddies here.

@Robo56 wow love those trees - particularly Harry Potter! Tree inspiration there for me!

Did you read Hong Kong Disney is to close again due to a spike in infections? So sad it’s not stayed down.

Lynne.......yes, we have had a lot of rain this year, mostly in the last five or six weeks. Hope yours is better.......I`m sure it is.....and enjoy that tea!!!

Elsa.....never tried a bread like that. I don`t like courgettes (zucchini) but in a bread it sounds like it would be lovely.....and anything with lemon works for me!!!

RFF......yep, we have all woodland behind us.....it does feel like you`re the only people on the planet when you wander around places like that.......very peaceful......except when you think you see a yeti......lol.....cute doggy!!! Glad the house is selling so quickly......yes things can go south easily, but fingers crossed it all goes through!!! Yep, just seen Hong Kong has shut down again......not looking very good right now for anyone.

Robo....as always your trees are beautiful!!! You can really see how much love and attention to detail goes into them......I`m not sure which is my favourite out of them all!!

yes, it was a once in a lifetime show......and completely blew any other show I`ve ever seen out of the water......just the Queen slot I mean.....yes, they were that good. George Michael was pretty darn impressive too......lol.....loved it all. Apart from U2.....one of my least favourite groups ever!!

Sounds like you are having some lovely weather Robo.....glad to hear it, and so nice to hear of the sewing you`re doing with the masks.....I`m a big believer too in paying it forward when we can......and yes, I am so looking forward to getting back up to visit my family and friends in Scotland. Not being allowed to travel to visit has been the hardest thing in all of this. Very much hoping we can go up soon.....good to see you........

We did manage to get the grill out today.......and one friend popped around and we sat out, although it did get a bit breezy.......I brought us out shawls to wrap around us even though it wasn`t cold......it soon died down though and then we ate. Was a nice afternoon to early evening.

It`s so cloudy now, so have no idea if we`re going to get more rain tonight or not. Don`t think so.

No idea for tomorrow......but we do plan to go down to the beach a walk if it`s dry. And hopefully grill again......but do plan to do some baking in the afternoon I think. I have a load of flour and other ingredients sitting looking at me every time I open the baking cabinet......scones and shortbread for sure, but maybe some cake too. Will go nice with a pot of tea........

Since our City was host to Live Aid, one radio station played live recordings of many of the songs all this weekend. Still hard to believe 35 years ago.

Real, will cross fingers all goes well with the sale. Our real estate sales are a bit different, but can sometimes take as long. Congratulations on selling so fast though. I hope it means one less thing to worry about.

Yeah, saw Tokyo closing down Disney again. So sad, this virus is so contagious, and scary for so many, until we can stop it, life will never be quite the same. On a good note though, family time at home has certainly increased, and that, for most, is a nice thing to have happened.

Ah, kids decided to grocery shop, and ended up with two bags of stuff, neither of which had what they said they were getting for dinner. Eh, time to look in the pantry.

Schumi, I rarely do pork, not a fan other than as bacon, but once in awhile, when the meat place had such good looking chops at a price I am willing to pay, like the other day, I had to buy 2 this time. They were delicious, and none left over when DH got to it for lunch today. Zucchini bread is a popular bread to bake here. It has shredded zucchini, and most add walnuts and other flavors, as a good way to use up a zucchini, as they tend to be large. Funny that you call them a different name than us. And ooh,yes, I would certainly enjoy shortbread with my tea.

:wave2: stopping in for a quick visit!!!

Is it Monday already????? I had checked in all last week once we got home, I had started a couple of posts, and would get interrupted, then I would start on something else. It was just one of those weeks.

It's good to see everyone is doing good.

@Charade67 & @Realfoodfans I was sad to hear of those around you passing. It is never easy....ever.

I just wanted to pop in and say a quick " Hi" I'm trying to look busy while watching all the videos of all the Disney openings. It is just nice to see videos of the parks again.
It gives me hope that maybe...just maybe late next year we might get to do a trip or hold off until 2022. I don't see the boarder opening up to non essential travel anytime soon. I guess time will tell what happens. I'm just happy travelling to see the grandbaby in the next few months. Maybe we can a small weekend getaway close to @Sue M in Fall. BC is beautiful in the fall.

Off to watch more videos and pretend to look like I'm working
Have a great day everyone :wave2:

Aww Pumpkin, sweet to have the grandbaby trip scheduled. Yeah, I don’t think our borders are going to allow leisure travel in some time. I am hoping by the end of next month, but time will tell. My state just added five more states, to the 10 or so already stated, that if they come here or we go there, 14 day quarantine. Sigh, and no expiration date either.

Hi everybody :wave2:

It's back to the real world for me this week...we arrived home on Friday night and I went back to work Saturday morning. Wish I had taken an extra day off but I need to pay the bills. It was fun while it lasted and just what we needed.

Happy belated birthday to Elsa and keisha's boy :bday:

Glad I only had to work 2 days then I'm off for 2 more. This 90+ heat is rough on an old lady. It's going to be brutal on Wednesday when the temps are predicted to be 98 :faint:

Love the trees Robo...I too am partial to the Harry Potter one.

We had herbed chicken tenders with roasted potatoes for dinner and I'm still hungry...maybe I'll see if there's some ice cream in the freezer.

Shout out to Mac, Carole, Lynne, Charade, Monyk, keisha, Disneylife, pumpkin, rff, sue and anyone else reading along...hope you have a wonderful night :flower1:

Good evening. Nothing interesting to post today. It was a quiet day at work for a Monday.

Puzzle looks like it would have taken a long time to do!! On to the next one now????
We worked on it for over 38 hours. I think we will take a short break before starting the next one.

I never used to eat pork for years, not sure why....then when we were in Austria one year, we ate at a Chef`s table and pork tenderloin was one of the choices...... after that it was back on the menu...Tom loves pork so he was glad!!
I used to think I didn't like pork, but eventually realized that I didn't like the way my mother cooked it. I actually had that problem with a lot of food. My mom is not a very good cook, and would always over cook meat.

Rule just went out here today masks are mandated everywhere. People have been wearing them already except for a few holdouts.
They are supposed to be here, but so many people are either not wearing them or wearing them incorrectly.

Yes, you have found your people.....I have 12 up for the Christmas holidays. That’s including stand alone trees and table top trees.
I love all the trees. I think my favorites are the HP tree and the angel tree. I love angels and wish I had more room to display them
Any suggestions for a topper for a super hero themed tree? It will be a small tree about 4 or 4.5 feet.

Think we have a sale on Dad’s home - I can’t believe it - two potential purchasers immediately - they have upped the offers today so we’ve agreed with one.
Congrats. Hope the sale goes quickly.

Did you read Hong Kong Disney is to close again due to a spike in infections? So sad it’s not stayed down.
This is sad and disappointing news.

Our governor had been making noises about possibly moving us back to phase 2. I am really hoping it doesn't come to that. We should know tomorrow afternoon.

Charade, has your county had a large increase in the numbers?
Our numbers in GA have been climbing since the weekend .My county does not require face masks.
But I stay at home to avoid people.
Doctor visits and drive thru at Walgreens is only time I go out.

Tink glad you dropped in and gave us a heads up how you are !
Expecting 98 here also coming up this week.

Bet you wish you were back on vacation at the beach!

Hope all the homies are doing okay.
Check in when you can.

Guess I’ll turn the porch light on now for anyone that drops in later.

Our numbers in GA have been climbing since the weekend .My county does not require face masks.

Check in when you can.

Homie........?!?.........Homie....?.???.........

Here!!!

It’s like from Ferris Bueller!

I catch that movie on tv as many times I can

It’s a fun movie...

I do like the part when the car goes down the steep back yard

( that would be say this something my boys would do if they could get away with it

try having 4 sons that never thinks the mom wouldn’t say no

Since our City was host to Live Aid, one radio station played live recordings of many of the songs all this weekend. Still hard to believe 35 years ago.

Real, will cross fingers all goes well with the sale. Our real estate sales are a bit different, but can sometimes take as long. Congratulations on selling so fast though. I hope it means one less thing to worry about.

Yeah, saw Tokyo closing down Disney again. So sad, this virus is so contagious, and scary for so many, until we can stop it, life will never be quite the same. On a good note though, family time at home has certainly increased, and that, for most, is a nice thing to have happened.

Ah, kids decided to grocery shop, and ended up with two bags of stuff, neither of which had what they said they were getting for dinner. Eh, time to look in the pantry.

Schumi, I rarely do pork, not a fan other than as bacon, but once in awhile, when the meat place had such good looking chops at a price I am willing to pay, like the other day, I had to buy 2 this time. They were delicious, and none left over when DH got to it for lunch today. Zucchini bread is a popular bread to bake here. It has shredded zucchini, and most add walnuts and other flavors, as a good way to use up a zucchini, as they tend to be large. Funny that you call them a different name than us. And ooh,yes, I would certainly enjoy shortbread with my tea.

Wasn`t keen on the Philadelphia part of the show. I know some of the stars like Led Zeppelin refused to allow their performance on the disc.....they were bad!!!

Loved Madonna though......

You lost me at walnuts! Yes, we call many things by different names.....and shortbread up later!!

:wave2: stopping in for a quick visit!!!

Is it Monday already????? I had checked in all last week once we got home, I had started a couple of posts, and would get interrupted, then I would start on something else. It was just one of those weeks.

It's good to see everyone is doing good.

@Charade67 & @Realfoodfans I was sad to hear of those around you passing. It is never easy....ever.

I just wanted to pop in and say a quick " Hi" I'm trying to look busy while watching all the videos of all the Disney openings. It is just nice to see videos of the parks again.
It gives me hope that maybe...just maybe late next year we might get to do a trip or hold off until 2022. I don't see the boarder opening up to non essential travel anytime soon. I guess time will tell what happens. I'm just happy travelling to see the grandbaby in the next few months. Maybe we can a small weekend getaway close to @Sue M in Fall. BC is beautiful in the fall.

Off to watch more videos and pretend to look like I'm working
Have a great day everyone :wave2:

It`s good if the borders don`t open up you have options for travel too.....and spending time with the grandbaby is the best of all!!!

Good to see you Pumpkin.......

Hi everybody :wave2:

It's back to the real world for me this week...we arrived home on Friday night and I went back to work Saturday morning. Wish I had taken an extra day off but I need to pay the bills. It was fun while it lasted and just what we needed.

Happy belated birthday to Elsa and keisha's boy :bday:

Glad I only had to work 2 days then I'm off for 2 more. This 90+ heat is rough on an old lady. It's going to be brutal on Wednesday when the temps are predicted to be 98 :faint:

Love the trees Robo...I too am partial to the Harry Potter one.

We had herbed chicken tenders with roasted potatoes for dinner and I'm still hungry...maybe I'll see if there's some ice cream in the freezer.

Shout out to Mac, Carole, Lynne, Charade, Monyk, keisha, Disneylife, pumpkin, rff, sue and anyone else reading along...hope you have a wonderful night :flower1:

Hey Vicki.......glad you`re back and had a fabulous trip!

Wow that is hot to work in......enjoy your days off again......and yes, gotta have ice cream in the freezer!!!!

Good evening. Nothing interesting to post today. It was a quiet day at work for a Monday.

We worked on it for over 38 hours. I think we will take a short break before starting the next one.

I used to think I didn't like pork, but eventually realized that I didn't like the way my mother cooked it. I actually had that problem with a lot of food. My mom is not a very good cook, and would always over cook meat.

They are supposed to be here, but so many people are either not wearing them or wearing them incorrectly.

I love all the trees. I think my favorites are the HP tree and the angel tree. I love angels and wish I had more room to display them
Any suggestions for a topper for a super hero themed tree? It will be a small tree about 4 or 4.5 feet.

Congrats. Hope the sale goes quickly.

This is sad and disappointing news.

Our governor had been making noises about possibly moving us back to phase 2. I am really hoping it doesn't come to that. We should know tomorrow afternoon.

I think that might be the reason I avoided pork for so long. Back when I was younger pork was cooked for a week.....other wise they thought you`d get food poisoning.......so, it was dry......

Now we mostly cook pork steaks on the grill and Tom has mastered that! I like a good tenderloin and usually get it right so it`s full of juice and nowhere near dry.

Check in when you can.

You and Vicki certainly win the award for hottest temperatures around!!!! We might get in the mid 70`s this week......no difference is there.......:rotfl:

Well, it was sunny when I got up around 3 hours ago.......now it`s getting cloudy, but we still plan to go out a walk, it`s not cold at all.....just not boiling hot!!

Finally our Prime Minister has decided we need to wear masks in stores......not before time. In the store yesterday and a woman came in, coughed all over the baskets as she went to pick one up without even attempting to cover her mouth. I think she didn`t look quite right, so none of the staff there said anything.....but everyone around was horrified as it was a full open cough........

Our butcher has banned a man from his store as he wouldn`t wear a mask and was always coughing every time he came in.......quite right too.

Should be able to grill out today too......maybe not lunch, but certainly dinner. Look forward to that, will make up some potato salad later too.

cv3074-L.jpg

cv3020-S.png

Time to finish second cup of tea, then head out a walk on the beach I think........have a good Tuesday....😄

Ooh Mac, hope they have outside seating, as since you have a renewed license, time for that Taco Bell run. ::yes::

Why, yes,
2E60D52D-BF1D-4801-AAC1-08B2E5F6FD7E.gif

And,
779B765A-B569-403F-AE83-52201766ED87.jpeg:rotfl:

We won’t be quite as warm as Tink or Mac, nor as cool as Schumi, but 90’s for us, less humid, full day of sun, what the weather guy says, is the perfect summer day. Woot!

Schumi doing her beach walk, with all that sun, I am doing my lunchtime walk. Gotta enjoy the weather when you can.

Yes, Schumi, agree the English part of Live Aid was much better.

Aw, Tink, sorry vacation over and back to work so quick. Stay cool, and hydrated.

My mom was a good cook, though we had no pork in the house, but she did cook bacon, as just used a different pan. I think I cook well, and have taught my kids. My pork chops are never dry, and I tend to season with only salt and pepper. I learned to cook pork when I got married. Good thing is, the men in my home eat most anything I cook. And older one is an adventurous eater. Then there’s little one. The only picky eater in my extended family. So I am good at making plain and seasoned foods for dinner.

Ah, yes, tea for me, too, this morning. Always a good one when that happens.

Terrific Tuesday to all the homies.

Haha,
4388EBC9-4792-4D61-BAE0-F2E7A9E98839.jpeg

Our state has required masks for some time now. We always wear one when out, but yeah, we see people not complying. And no way will I drink or eat inside the mall or take a drink in. But I see people doing that. Even with a big sign on the coffee shop inside the store that says please enjoy outside the store. Yeah, you saw masks down drinking coffee in that store. We tend to not go to that store as much.

Morning all...

Sunny start to the day, although a little cooler this morning in the high 60's. It will get up into the 80's today.

but I do remember those tomatoes from my dads greenhouses!!! Nothing quite like them.....
There's nothing like picking a nice warm tomato off the vine and eating it right there. I loved doing that as a kid. I had to move some of my "normal" planting areas in the garden this year due to the fence installation and removing the apple tree, so I planted the cherry tomatoes near my deck. They've now grown as tall as the top rail of the deck and some of branches and baby tomatoes are just high enough that when I'm sitting on the deck I can just grab a few. At least that's my plan when they ripen. Just sit on the deck and pick tomatoes and pop them into my mouth.
Yep, there are a load of Christmas fans here.......self admitted Mrs Christmas here......love the whole experience!!!
Love it too. I'm a little concerned that this year we will have to go back on lockdown and our holidays may be changed. I was thinking about that yesterday and we've been talking about it as a family since we're thinking we will have a second wave up here in the Fall.
lol.....Tom is a huge fan of Lynda Carter.......she is lovely though, and yes, I never missed that show as a kid.....we had so many great shows back then!!
I saw that Disney+ has Schoolhouse Rock videos. Yes, I can still sing them, lol! Did you have something similar?
Then stock them back up again. We have some fabulous butchers, local and wholesale along with the farm stores dotted around the countryside.......so we have plenty of choices for quality meat.
I have noticed meat prices are going up again here, and some stock is going down. We are having an aluminum can shortage, which is weird. And some pressure treated wood shortages. Can't figure that one out. We need another post for the fence and can't get it, and we had to wait 3 weeks for some of the fence panels. We have almost all of them now, but we will need at least one more.
I am checking our butcher shop for prices this week, and probably a meat bundle.
Here’s a few pics of the trees
Really, really beautiful trees! You have an eye for decorating. I love the HP one especially!
I usually put my black tree up early and put some Fall decorations on it. I decorate a lot for Halloween and I was thinking of doing the black tree too, but haven't yet. Last year I made a bunch of HP potion bottles, which I have in my curio right now next to our wands. I don't put those away.
Think we have a sale on Dad’s home - I can’t believe it - two potential purchasers immediately - they have upped the offers today so we’ve agreed with one.
Wow, that was fast. Good news!
.yep, we have all woodland behind us.....it does feel like you`re the only people on the planet when you wander around places like that.......very peaceful......except when you think you see a yeti......lol.
LOL, that yeti....
We have to watch for bear. There are a lot of deer, but they usually run away unless it's rut. But the bear can be a pain.
I've heard from three different people in the past week that our county may go back to yellow. Our cases are not high, but fluctuating between 7-18 new cases per day. I think the rule is we have to either be going down or stay the same to stay in green. We do seem to be having a slight spike the past few weeks.
They added 4 more states to our travel quarantine list. So far it's still only "suggested" and "recommended" to quarantine for 14 days when returning from a hot state, but not only has my DH's company required the quarantine, but one of my dd's employer has now also. She's traveling to VA next week and so far VA is not on our list, but there's been rumors they will put them on too. I hope it doesn't happen while she's there and then she has to quarantine for 2 weeks.
I just heard today of a high school senior here who got the virus and passed away two days before graduation. That is so sad. They buried her in her cap and gown. I wish people would take this seriously because you really don't know who will get very sick or not. There are some very unpredictable aspects to this virus.
That is shocking to me. It seems like we've had to wear them here forever. I don't blame you for not going out much. I'm still very cautious.
I think that might be the reason I avoided pork for so long. Back when I was younger pork was cooked for a week.....other wise they thought you`d get food poisoning.......so, it was dry......
Yep, the same here. My mom did the same to "kill trichinosis".
In the store yesterday and a woman came in, coughed all over the baskets as she went to pick one up without even attempting to cover her mouth. I think she didn`t look quite right, so none of the staff there said anything.....but everyone around was horrified as it was a full open cough........
I had the same thing happen to me on Friday, except it was a man. And we are required to wear masks and he didn't have one. He walked right in the door and coughed out loud as he was walking. Didn't cover his cough either. Ugh... I was in the check out line so not near him.
Should be able to grill out today too......maybe not lunch, but certainly dinner.
We are grilling out later too. Chicken breast, which I have to brine later.
Our state has required masks for some time now. We always wear one when out, but yeah, we see people not complying. And no way will I drink or eat inside the mall or take a drink in
I have not braved a mall yet. And I'm with you... I wouldn't eat or drink in there either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter