Something About Nothing............ #14

Our first birthday party in our new house.

:bday:

To Lynne !

Hope you are celebrating all day long

Yes, Happy Birthday @Lynne G!

Also, it looks like you had some major fun yesterday and a nice treat when you got back to your room. Sounds like you got the royal treatment.

RAPstar, definitely killer lipcolor.

Mac, I'll take evening sun on that ocean view room. Definitely a night owl that somehow managed to produce a morning person kid. Someone somewhere is laughing at me as I blindly navigate mornings with my perky teen who is up at 5 for school which starts at 7.

I will have Black Out curtains added to your room so the moonlight won’t disturb your sleep

I’m a night owl also
Only up at the crack of dawn for cats 6 - 6:30 am feeding

On vacation I make myself get up early

I'm wondering if my professor is MIA. I emailed a few days ago a question to be proactive. Class didn't start til today, so I thought well, I guess he's going to wait til today to respond. I understand that.

However, when I log into my online class nothing is absolutely filled out. No intro, no assignments, no attachments, no syllabus, nothing.

It might not be a big deal, but I never had this happen before. Everything is set up prior and our class is active at 12:00am this AM. Now I know sometimes professors can choose when to make things public to us, but that's during the process of the course and it's past 11, soon it'll be noon, and still nothing.

Hopefully the professor will be set up right at noon

You’ll find out in about 39 minutes

Rainy day here. I think I need a morning nap. 2nd night in a row been woke up by bs phone calls, got the Visa Robo call, then one in Chinese this morning at 4:00. Then I can’t go back to sleep.
Going to finish unpacking today. Got the clothing done yesterday. Dried nicely in the sun. Today it’s all the stuff I pack in the mesh compartment. Must go thru it. Some things I leave in for next trip like first aid products, etc.

Happy Birthday Lynne :bday:

Happy birthday Lynne! :bday:🎈🎉🎁
Hope you have fun today and safe travels for your journey home.

Spent the morning chasing Sasha around the yard. I plugged the latest hole she dug under the fence and got her back in by taking Jack out on the leash...she followed us right into the pen and dug all the water out of her bowl trying to cool off. Glad Jack was too big to fit through the hole.

I'm making bbq chicken tenderloins for lunch and I hear the timer beeping so it's time to add the sauce.

Hope you all have a wonderful day :flower1:

Sue, I too keep some stuff in the cases.....American straighteners are one essential I couldn’t be without........love getting laundry done as soon as possible,...nice to get it out of the way!

Vicki......I had bbq chicken for lunch........beautiful!!! Sounds like an energetic morning for you......chill out the rest of the day!! Carole says it’s fine.......lol......

mac.....hope you got back to sleep.......kept you some bacon......:wave2:

Not long back home from spending the day with one of the nicest people I know.......we really did chat the day away.......had a lovely lunch and then chatted some more! And the sun shone all day so it was pleasant......but now I’m back down here it’s dull as night almost.......looks like rain.

Tom is cooking him and Kyle southern fried chicken........I’ll have a snack later.......

More episodes of Manifest tonight.......and have to keep reminding myself it’s Wednesday......feels like a Friday........

Last edited:
Thanks for all the birthday wishes all. Having fun our last day. Thanks for the safe travels Tink. You bring back fond memories of my labs. How my one could squeeze under our fence was beyond me. Yelled her name, and sure enough she came back the way she went. Large rock placed in that hole. Cinder blocks and big rocks line our stockade fenced backyard. And, when they were gone, needed a truckload of dirt to fill the holes in the yard, including one dug so deep, was at the foundation of our cement back porch. Hope your dogs behave now.

Little one’s score. Galaxy Defender she is:

64DAF1F0-296C-4488-BD0D-74DA7043800A.jpeg

Have a fun Wednesday.

:bday:@Lynne G . Thanks for sharing your photos. I wasn’t sure about adding a day at Volcano Bay but now I need to make the time.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I am 58 days away from my trip.

Disxuny, I would be in a panic. College days are long over but I still have nightmares about such scenarios.

@Lynne G Happy Brithday!!!!! I hope your day is amazing!!!!

@RAPstar that red is a beautiful!!! I wish I could rock the red lipstick...it just doesn't look good on me. OH well...you can sure rock that though!!! I love it.

@schumigirl who doesn't like a good bit of bacon in the morning!!!!

@tink1957 Our small bichion was famous for crawling under ours too. He was a bit of an escape artist. Now that he's a senior ( 13.5 yrs ) He mostly sleeps now...and thinks he's made of cotton candy and can't go outside when it's raining. It has been a struggle this summer to get him outside with all the rain we have had.

@Sue M I always take the day off of work when we return to just get the laundry done, some groceries bought and just decompress from travelling. It's nice once that mountain of laundry is done.

Have a great day Everyone :wave2:

Hopefully the professor will be set up right at noon

You’ll find out in about 39 minutes

It's 5:34, I'm now leaving now to commute home, just checked, still nada.

Disxuny, I would be in a panic. College days are long over but I still have nightmares about such scenarios.

I have anxiety in general, so it doesn't help. Also, I've always had ADHD so school isn't really my thing, but have I managed to be a good student this time around when I first came back by taking it one at a time. To make matters worse, I have a cruise in Oct I booked ages ago and I need to know if there is mid-terms, or any other important projects due in that time, if so, I need to ask to turn it in prior, because I need this to work, but the deadline to drop and get money back is this Friday. So that is one day wasted. It would be ashame to drop and have to wait until spring to keep going, but I might have to if I don't get answers soon.

Disx, hope you get your course figured out soon. So annoying with no info from the school or teacher.

Well all good things come to an end. A last productive amount of fun in the parks.

32F3976C-B00E-482F-B6BA-29987F526697.jpeg

Peace out, and will have a good flight. 11 minutes drive to park at airport, no line to bag check, less than 10 minutes through security and quick walk to gate from fake mono. Sniff, over but the fun will continue in 40 days, when good to say hello to more homies.

Good afternoon everyone. Today was a much better day I actually had a positive insurance experience. We deal with several insurance companies, and one of then has terrible reimbursement rates. Back in May I contacted that company to see if we could renegotiate the rates. I finally heard back from them yesterday and they are going to increase their rates rather significantly. Now if I could just get a resolution for the other insurance issues I’m working on..

PS...I am also finally returning to Orlando after five years, one surgery, several deaths in the family, 2 new grandchildren an May grey hairs than ever.....

Excited is an understatement.
Hope you have a wonderful trip.

Ah, last night, when we arrived in our room, there was a chilling bottle of wine, a strawberry, and this very chocolate cupcake, with a happy birthday card. When we checked in that oh so late 1 am arrival, the lady was so cheerful, when she asked if we where celebrating anything, I said, no just a quick mom and kid trip before she starts college and we are checking out on my birthday. Keys in hand, we promptly fell fast asleep, and thought nothing more, no pin was given or anything else. So very nice of her, so I will check out in person and ask they convey my thanks to the lady, and want to record her cheerful, and quick checking in.

What a wonderful surprise.
Mac, I'll take evening sun on that ocean view room. Definitely a night owl that somehow managed to produce a morning person kid. Someone somewhere is laughing at me as I blindly navigate mornings with my perky teen who is up at 5 for school which starts at 7.
I used to be a night owl until I had a child. I’m still not a morning person though. School starts at 7? I’m not even awake then. B’s high school started at 8:55.

I'm wondering if my professor is MIA. I emailed a few days ago a question to be proactive. Class didn't start til today, so I thought well, I guess he's going to wait til today to respond. I understand that.

However, when I log into my online class nothing is absolutely filled out. No intro, no assignments, no attachments, no syllabus, nothing.

It might not be a big deal, but I never had this happen before. Everything is set up prior and our class is active at 12:00am this AM. Now I know sometimes professors can choose when to make things public to us, but that's during the process of the course and it's past 11, soon it'll be noon, and still nothing.
This would drive me nuts. When i took online classes my biggest complaint was inattentive professors. I hope you professor has gotten the class info posted by now.

Rainy day here. I think I need a morning nap. 2nd night in a row been woke up by bs phone calls, got the Visa Robo call, then one in Chinese this morning at 4:00. Then I can’t go back to sleep.
That would make me crazy. i am not a nice person if I have to answer the phone in the middle of the night. I once told off my sister for calling me at 3:00.

Just saw that the professor still hasn’t posted anything. It may be time to appeal to his superiors.

Lynne - have a safe trip home.

Disxuni, sorry you were left hanging today and he failed to answer you

Maybe send another email tomorrow morning and let him know you need verification by noon

If you get no reply, drop the class and get your refund ??

You have a cruise coming up in October
Hope it is a great time and loads of fun

I’ve never done a cruise but read trip reports on them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter