Something About Nothing............ #14

@schumigirl lol, I do recall you love your scary movies! I’m way too jumpy. Don‘t ever let me hold the popcorn in the theatre!
Thanks, I hope the trip goes well too. I’m not surprised about the border closure extension, I had a tiny hope that maybe it would open for purely selfish reasons, that maybe I wouldn’t have to do 2 week quarantine when I return home. Well, at least I can fly across and I found travel medical with good Covid coverage.

@Lynne G lucky you to have temps in the 70’s! Enjoy your WaWa lunch! I still haven’t been to one when I go to Florida!

@TinyDancer safe travels! Love RP, so nice you live close enough for quick trips!

@schumigirl lunch sounds good. I had avocado toast with diced tomatoes. Hit the spot. I like to sprinkle on Trader Joes Everything But the Bagel seasoning which I’m hoarding cause who knows when we’ll be able to drive across to pick more up!
Yay for IOA Christmas decorations going up. That’s the main reason we picked Nov/Dec, we haven’t seen the Universal decorations. So excited.
It sure doesn’t take long to cool down once the sun starts going down.
We don’t see General Tso here either.

@Realfoodfans Yes that show is filmed on Vancouver Island. So many shows and movies are filmed here. We’re called Hollywood North lol.

@Charade67 hope your day got better!

@keishashadow yep! I’ll get my popcorn out! Enjoy your newly found DVD! Love some of the old Abbot & Costello skits! classic.

Today was not raining, so that was good right? Drove oldest daughter to early poll to vote in our Provincial election, then she wanted to go to Starbucks before work. The polling station happened to be at the inlet park so I took a little stroll while waiting. Pretty fall colours. Then I did my banking before coming home to throw a load of laundry in, vacuum and mop.
Going to make up a meatloaf to throw in oven now. Good comfort food!
Some photos around the inlet!F1A47AEC-6D00-4C5C-95F8-109BF93C3D90.jpeg2F5F096B-0BC5-4811-B128-DBBDD4065E58.jpegF1A47AEC-6D00-4C5C-95F8-109BF93C3D90.jpeg2F5F096B-0BC5-4811-B128-DBBDD4065E58.jpeg

Aww Sue, pretty enough to see twice. Yep, we are enjoying this lovely weather. But a cold front will end the week, and bring rain as it pushes this warm weather away.

Just chilling.

Not sleeping and here I am playing ketchup on the sans.

Sue, never noticed they were duplicate pictures as I saw them sideways.
No whining from me on that as I am all thumbs in posting pictures in a thread.

I set up next fall trip to the Darkside and really hope the parks will not be packed for hhn.
Got a feeling it will be if we don’t have bad second wave of covid.

If they would have to cancel hhn next year, I’ll probably change my booking to a shorter stay.

Waiting for the morning shift to check in here.
Not many night owls here tonight.

Lush!!

@schumigirl lol, I do recall you love your scary movies! I’m way too jumpy. Don‘t ever let me hold the popcorn in the theatre!
Thanks, I hope the trip goes well too. I’m not surprised about the border closure extension, I had a tiny hope that maybe it would open for purely selfish reasons, that maybe I wouldn’t have to do 2 week quarantine when I return home. Well, at least I can fly across and I found travel medical with good Covid coverage.

@Lynne G lucky you to have temps in the 70’s! Enjoy your WaWa lunch! I still haven’t been to one when I go to Florida!

@TinyDancer safe travels! Love RP, so nice you live close enough for quick trips!

@schumigirl lunch sounds good. I had avocado toast with diced tomatoes. Hit the spot. I like to sprinkle on Trader Joes Everything But the Bagel seasoning which I’m hoarding cause who knows when we’ll be able to drive across to pick more up!
Yay for IOA Christmas decorations going up. That’s the main reason we picked Nov/Dec, we haven’t seen the Universal decorations. So excited.
It sure doesn’t take long to cool down once the sun starts going down.
We don’t see General Tso here either.

@Realfoodfans Yes that show is filmed on Vancouver Island. So many shows and movies are filmed here. We’re called Hollywood North lol.

@Charade67 hope your day got better!

@keishashadow yep! I’ll get my popcorn out! Enjoy your newly found DVD! Love some of the old Abbot & Costello skits! classic.

Today was not raining, so that was good right? Drove oldest daughter to early poll to vote in our Provincial election, then she wanted to go to Starbucks before work. The polling station happened to be at the inlet park so I took a little stroll while waiting. Pretty fall colours. Then I did my banking before coming home to throw a load of laundry in, vacuum and mop.
Going to make up a meatloaf to throw in oven now. Good comfort food!
Some photos around the inlet!View attachment 533714View attachment 533715View attachment 533714View attachment 533715

I love avocado......have it many dishes, but Tom hates it apart from guacamole, and even that isn`t his favourite, but it`s so versatile. Yes, no popcorn holding for you at scary movies!!! lol.......

Lovely pictures.......I love living beside the ocean.......and yes, at least being retired you don`t have to worry about a job and having to quarantine for two weeks.....

Not sleeping and here I am playing ketchup on the sans.

Sue, never noticed they were duplicate pictures as I saw them sideways.
No whining from me on that as I am all thumbs in posting pictures in a thread.

I set up next fall trip to the motherland and really hope the parks will not be packed for hhn.
Got a feeling it will be if we don’t have bad second wave of covid.

If they would have to cancel hhn next year, I’ll probably change my booking to a shorter stay.

Waiting for the morning shift to check in here.
Not many night owls here tonight.

:wave2: The morning crew is here.......nice to have company this early!

Funny you mention owls........we were both wakened around 4am by owls.....they have a very distinctive hoot. Don`t often hear them like that, so hope it`s not a nasty fox as we do have a lot of owls around here......hope we don`t see some dead as we head out the driveway today.

Hope you get to sleep soon.......its not fun not sleeping.......

Wednesday and it has been raining all night, not heavy but ground looks soaked outside.

Didn`t plan to go out today but the local pharmacy has a lovely gift department and they have added their Christmas stock, so want to see what Yankee Candles they have. My favourite scents from them are all Christmassy........

Curry tonight. Kyle and co are having chicken mac n cheese.......they aren`t curry fans, she doesn`t even like the smell of it......oops. We however, love it.

Housework planned today and some more Cotswold stuff, getting through that quick enough, then back to HHN stuff.......loving looking back over them........

Oh mac that bacon yesterday wasn`t as nice as we hoped.......will go back to our usual butchers for that......tried a new farm store but not smoky enough.......don`t rush over this morning.......cereal and eggs is on offer today.......bleurgh.......

cv60-M.jpg

cv146-S.jpg

cv104-M.jpg

Happy Wednesday.........😁

Last edited:
Morning all.
@schumigirl our YC Store closed down recently. Em chose some from a big store last week but we are missing the Bath & Body ones DIL used to bring back from US their Autumn & Winter ones are my favourite and the tub style container as I have a few pretty outers I’ve bought over the years.

Grocery delivery due at 9 am then we are heading over to Dad’s to finish off in case completion comes up while we are away next week.

Naked Chicken Kiev for our meal tonight. I have planned ahead from today until we go away to have some children’s treats as half term and some breaks for me too.

Still not dressed as watching news as big story ongoing surrounding a friend of ours DIL (in fact the chap who serviced the boiler this week) Kelly passed away from cancer recently as her treatment was halted. She should have had longer only very young with a little boy. So her parents are campaigning vociferously and bravely.

Better get dressed so I don’t frighten the delivery man!

Open the door just enough so only arm seen, Julie. LoL Hope the grocery order was all what you ordered. And so sad to hear of a young mum dying. Cancer is horrible. Sending sympathy and peace and comfort to her family and friends. Yay, trip will be a go, and nice to get all ready before leaving.

Schumi, not a fan of curry or avocado. Chicken meal sounds good. Thinking maybe pasta tonight too. As sure the left over Chinese was either eaten by a late arriving DH or will be finished up as breakfast or lunch.

Ah yes,
B838A8E5-D5E1-46CB-AA1D-EB55885593AE.jpeg
See that? Camel is saying hey, welcome to Wednesday, a hump of a day. Yay, get over this Wednesday, and a Friday will be here.

Time for more tea. And will see what for food. Did not pick up waffles as forgot. But may ask kids to pick up some today, And yeah, boring cereal, like Schumi, is available, I think.

Good Morning Schumi and Julie, and all the homies. Wonderful Wednesday to you all.

Morning Lynne - can’t beat chicken. Only 2 items unavailable in the delivery so not too bad - one of which avocado 🥑 how that can be I’m not sure but will get them elsewhere another day.

Put a post on about the 78’s records at Dad’s and straight away someone wants them - then another and another - so that’s good we will pop back another day and drop them off.

Saw a post asking for donations from a charity who support women and children through and after abusive relationships. They have been good with Em and the children and also run two refuges - so we called and bought towels and toiletries and will drop them off tomorrow.

Dry but cool day here so now we are home and easy meal tonight so a coffee and sit down before time to do the school run.

Still counting down for Devon - three other areas have been placed in lockdown but we are still doing ok here for now......

Good morning all. Not much time, so I will do a quick summary.

Sue - beautiful pictures.

Y'all have me craving some General Tso's chicken, I usually get Sesame chicken, but will order the General's from time to time.

Don't like avocado and still have not tried curry. Must remedy that someday.

Those of you who like Yankee Candle need to go to the Williamsburg, VA store. It's huge.

Had some good news this morning. I got an email notification that the Medicaid company has processed a check for $1620. That's about a third of what they owe the therapist, but it's a start.

I’m even more annoyed at the university right now. Disney has announced discounted room rates for early 2021.

:wave2: Hi everyone! Sorry its been a while since I checked in! Life got a little crazy for me in the last month, but knock on wood I think we are in the clear here now. Last time I talked to you all I was having a nice visit with Lynne in beautiful Florida! Now the weather here is COLD! We even had some snow this week which I'm so not ready for yet!

Looks like I missed a lot of updates from everyone so I will just say hi and hope you are all well and try to keep up from here! Yay for hump day! :)

Well, at least I can fly across and I found travel medical with good Covid coverage.
If cruising industry ever does come back safely, was musing th either day how much the Trip Insurance policies we purchase (that include medical out of country) will increase.
Some photos around the inlet!
Nice pics, with an iphone?
Aww Sue, pretty enough to see twice. Yep, we are enjoying this lovely weather. But a cold front will end the week, and bring rain as it pushes this warm weather away.

Just chilling.
Same. I am looking forward to going out to play in the afternoons until rain saturday :)
If they would have to cancel hhn next year,
Hush your mouth :ssst:they might hear you. Lol. Good to have plan b in place.

figure if we are still slogging thru this mess by next fall without any reliable vaccine available to all, bets are off.
Funny you mention owls........we were both wakened around 4am by owls.....they have a very distinctive hoot. Don`t often hear them like that, so hope it`s not a nasty fox as we do have a lot of owls around here......hope we don`t see some dead as we head out the driveway today.
whooo de? :). middle DS driving to my house when dark but early evening next week, snapped a pic of a rather large one taking a casual lop down the side walk a block away.

Maybe the coyotes & foxes will do mortal kombat :idea:
Ooh, i got the word :). Reminds me of Carla Hall on the various cooking shows saying “Dude”.
Naked Chicken Kiev for our meal tonight
Can’t say i’ve Ever tried it, naked or not. Is that the one with ham & cheese inside?
Schumi, not a fan of curry or avocado
Same, again. Didn’t mind avocado, to me tastes like absolutely nothing (including guacamole) but when I saw how many calories it tokes, have avoided it
Had some good news this morning. I got an email notification that the Medicaid company has processed a check for $1620. That's about a third of what they owe the therapist, but it's a start.
Too bad you don’t get a finder’s fee
I’m even more annoyed at the university right now. Disney has announced discounted room rates for early 2021.
Yep, thinking of booking placeholder packages for upcoming travel that will use our DVC points. $200 to hold down the dates is reasonable enough. Idea to cancel once APs sold again but hate the idea of holding down a room when I have no intention of using it.

No new APs being sold yet, didn’t want to renew & have them sit unused for 7 months time. Worst case will be able to make park reservations using above method. Thmink, thmink I must45E53B50-7C7E-4AD8-9EA4-FBE55FC40F83.jpeg

Realfood.....no we don’t have a YK store either, it’s just places that stock them we use. Always a good selection around till we get back to America to really stock up.

Lynne.....you wouldn’t like a lot of our food.......maybe tea and shortbread......we adore curry and avocado, but not together!

Charade........I love my sesame chicken, never tried it in a restaurant. Most places have msg in them, so have to avoid. Sorry about the deals your missing.

Elsa.......welcome back......we have missed youse!!! Glad things are ok with you.........

Janet.......my excuse for indulging in avocado is it’s full of good fats.....the kind that only do you good!! I like the sound of that......I actually didn’t used to like avocado but after many years I ate one with some shrimp at a 1970’s style dinner party and loved it!! And you don’t like curry?? Oh dear.........jk......😉 I’m simmering one away right now.......chicken Ceylon style which has coconut and mango in it......lush!!😁

Wouldn‘t like to see those two fighting! We have some beautiful owls around here....when you get to see them......that must have been funny for DS to see........love the funny!!

Have had a lazy day......did a load of trip report from the Cotswolds and not much else.........although nothing much to do today......the pictures I had preceded were delivered and we’re really happy with them. Mums calendar will be here tomorrow.

Curry is slowly cooking away......hot and fruity! Tom isn‘t a rice fan, but I’m not making naan breads, will make some and give him a little.

Almost 5pm and the lamps are on in all the downstairs rooms and hall......

Dark nights are on the way........

Hey Elsa. Was very nice to say hi to ya. Glad to see ya back. Snow ack, a foul 4 letter word. LOL

Lunch time. Hhmmm. What to eat. Maybe older one will make some grilled cheese with bacon in it.

Honestly, it’s more the smell of it cooking. It does tend to linger, especially if cooks let it ‘bloom’ first in the pan.

I know what you mean about the smell......I cook it with all the windows open, doors to other rooms closed and burn candles to remove the smell........but.......there`s still a slight smell afterwards. Doesn`t last long though, especially if you keep the scented candles going.

When we lived up North, we had one friend who was Indian. Lovely girl, and yes, her home did have that curry smell whenever you went in. Her mother in law lived with them and all she seemed to do was grind down spices whenever you went in.

Although tonight I cheated and used a curry paste......always keep a few pastes in the cabinets in case I can`t get fresh ingredients.....not so bad tonight......... :thumbsup2

When we lived up North, we had one friend who was Indian. Lovely girl, and yes, her home did have that curry smell whenever you went in. Her mother in law lived with them and all she seemed to do was grind down spices whenever you went in.
Not sure if it’s the heat scale or specific ingredients but my eyes have gotten red and start to water just smelling it In a venue Guessing coriander and cumin may be in the mix there too, not my friends as to gastric results

want to love Boma at AKV since we stay there so often & quality of food is so good for onsite places. Unfortunately, every single time I’ve tried it, have been miserable afterwards

same thing happens at islands re the pan Asian noodle dishes, but not Their Mongolian service.

No issue at yak & yeti in AK:sail:Ah, the spice of life Lol

Not sure if it’s the heat scale or specific ingredients but my eyes have gotten red and start to water just smelling it In a venue Guessing coriander and cumin may be in the mix there too, not my friends as to gastric results

want to love Boma at AKV since we stay there so often & quality of food is so good for onsite places. Unfortunately, every single time I’ve tried it, have been miserable afterwards

same thing happens at islands re the pan Asian noodle dishes, but not Their Mongolian service.

No issue at yak & yeti in AK:sail:Ah, the spice of life Lol

Oh that doesn`t sound so good. Quite a reaction from the ingredients. It`s only if I do everything from scratch, which is most curries, when I sear the chillies...oh lordy.....it releases some nasty pungent fume from them!!! I never use coriander as neither of us like it, although the seeds are different and I do use them. But, regular coriander (cilantro) tastes like soap to both of us.

Yes, if it doesn`t agree with you, best to avoid it.

I remember enjoying Yak & Yeti way back in 07/08, food was lovely.

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys! I appreciate it! It was a good birthday indeed. We spent 4 days at Disney and then hopped over to UOR (RPR) to celebrate engagement anniversary and birthday tradition. We also visited the tribute store and that was the same weekend the rumor of the houses opening came true. We didn’t do them because of the craze and decided to make a trip back. That trip is what we’re on now. We just walked into both. Both are great! They’re also accepting hotel express, but it seems during the week they’re not needed. Thankful for that honestly.

if anyone has any questions about visiting the parks, hotel policies etc, let me know! We did all 4 disney parks while staying off site and have been in both universal parks while staying onsite. Happy to help anyone with any nerves or questions in reguards to getting back to Florida and our happy place!
I also know a little about traveling to Florida as well thanks to our business being vacation rentals that have been operating again since Memorial Day weekend.

it’s been a year to remember that’s for sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter