Something About Nothing............ #14

@J'aime Paris

Friday night is cocktail night........

F112EBF0-C474-4C8D-83CA-870BE53CF012-X2.jpg

Oh Julie, sorry to hear about your do not feeling well reaction. Rest is certainly the best thing to do. I hope you feel much better soon. They are talking about making the third shot open to all adults. If so, I guess all four of us will get it. Hoping it is the same as the two shots we already got. And for all of us, it’s been more than 6 months now.

Did some shopping, as stores were bare in some parts, but got what I needed and got outta there, as was crowded. Getting dark already, after that oh so bright sunny day. And yep, that wind was no friend as it made you chilly. And had to tie up my hair. Bad hair day alert. And with a clear sky, guess what temp we are going down to tonight? Yeah, enough that anything wet will certainly be frozen. 21 degrees. Ooh, no more flip flops. Sigh.

Friday night means older one working until the late evening, DH over his mum’s for dinner, and then it will be a little one and me. Thinking burgers with mashed taters and steamed carrots. All are a go to food item for her.

Thanks mac......:thumbsup2

Not quite sure what I did there in that thread......and hadn`t even poured the rum at that point lol......I thought I`d be quicker just popping off an email......

I can be good for saving butts ….
I make things invisible at times Schumi

I had to take a long break from the threads and now playing ketchup before it’s time to feed the cats

Can I suggest another couple of things......::yes:: lol.......

Hope the kitties are ok......

Bacon in the morning for you mac.........it`ll sizzle well, got some special bacon from Gloucester Old Spot pigs......beautiful!! Tastiest bacon around, well one of them.....

Got my hair done today, very pleased with it, more caramel through it this time, and feels very conditioned as I had a treatment while I was there too......lovely.

Enjoying a passion fruit rum tonight......very lush!

Oh Julie, sorry to hear about your do not feeling well reaction. Rest is certainly the best thing to do. I hope you feel much better soon. They are talking about making the third shot open to all adults.
i had the third vaccine shot early August but at the full dosage
I felt dead to the world on all three of them and had Covid arm
But by day 4, I was doing good and back to normal

Drink extra water and stay hydrated will help for side effects.

Some peeps get a reaction to the vaccine while others do quite alright after the second day.

Hope you do feel ok when you get your third shot. I read it was half dosage vaccines for one’s getting

I already was informed I need shot 4 in February.
Not looking forward to it but it’s not optional for me

Take Lynne advice and push fluids and rest and you’ll get through it fine.

i had the third vaccine shot early August but at the full dosage
I felt dead to the world on all three of them and had Covid arm
But by day 4, I was doing good and back to normal

Drink extra water and stay hydrated will help for side effects.

Some peeps get a reaction to the vaccine while others do quite alright after the second day.

Hope you do feel ok when you get your third shot. I read it was half dosage vaccines for one’s getting

I already was informed I need shot 4 in February.
Not looking forward to it but it’s not optional for me

Take Lynne advice and push fluids and rest and you’ll get through it fine.

We have our 3rd shot scheduled for mid December. Will be glad to get it.

I remember your reaction to the booster too......but as you say, it`s essential for you.

:wave2: A Friday afternoon stop in

It's my favorite day of the week!!! And not much happening this weekend. Forecast is calling for more snow tonight and tomorrow. So I will be staying home to putter around the house. I'm thinking I will bake some bread, clean a few corners, and maybe organize a few things in the basement. Maybe I will sit on my butt all day...who knows :confused3

We are having a holiday cook out at work today with hot dogs and hamburgers and assorted side dishes. It should be good...although some people groaned about a cook out right before Thanksgiving. In my opinion its never a bad time for hot dogs and hamburgers. :)
I love a good burger!!!! I will never turn down tasting a burger for fresh sandwich type meal. My dream job would be to have a food channel vlog - testing burgers, sandwiches and fries!!!!
do not like going to the dentist :scared1: I do all the preventative care. I go every 6 months for routine exam and teeth cleaning. I was having sensitivity to that tooth on last visit and dentist had me change tooth paste. Did X-ray at the time and all was well. Will see what’s up hopefully this morning. Always something......LOL....life marches on.
Yikes....I am glad the outcome was great!
And leaving on a final hehe. One of my brothers’ wife decided they would go to her side’s family lunch instead of coming to our family’s late afternoon dinner. Brother said, with her family’s meal’s time, we should be done in enough time to come to our family’s dinner. Bonus! Two nice meals, sounds like a most perfect Thanksgiving. ::yes::
Gotta love when that happens ::yes:: Enjoy all the family time
This afternoon B will be coming home for Thanksgiving break, so that means dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant. Tomorrow night we are going to a showing of the movie The Princess Bride. After the movie there will be a Q&A session with actor Cary Elwes. Should be fun.
Yay for B coming home. I know we always look forward to when the kids come home to visit. I know you will enjoy your time with her over the next week.
I like the dark meat and Mr Mac loves the white meal
And neither of us wants to eat turkey for days
So we compromise and will order pizza for Thursday !
It will go well while watching the football games on tv
I love that idea!!! Dh and I are the same for turkey meat preference. I like the dark, he likes white. It works out great!
’ve been AWOL as we’ve been continuing with work on the house here and then I had a severe adverse reaction to my third Covid injection. Had no issues after AZ but this was Pfizer last week and oh goodness was not good. Has been Yellow card reported. Recovered now but very tired this evening so will not be late to bed.
I'm glad your starting to come around now. I had no severe reaction after getting Pfizer after AZ...but dh...wow...he was sick for days after. We reported his reaction as well. We are due for our booster the end of Dec/begining of Jan. We are just waiting for the announcement for us to be able to book our appointment.
Got my hair done today, very pleased with it, more caramel through it this time, and feels very conditioned as I had a treatment while I was there too......lovely.
It always feels so good to get our hair done. It's even better then we get it done before we are leaving on a holiday ;)

Well, I should fill out one more spreadsheet, then tackle one more conversation about changes on an customer account.

Have a great evening everyone...stay safe.

Can I suggest another couple of things......::yes:: lol.......

Hope the kitties are ok......

Bacon in the morning for you mac.........it`ll sizzle well, got some special bacon from Gloucester Old Spot pigs......beautiful!! Tastiest bacon around, well one of them.....

Enjoying a passion fruit rum tonight......very lush!

When you say bacon, I’m paying attention as it is one of my favorite food groups !

When you say bacon, I’m paying attention as it is one of my favorite food groups !

It`s one of the more important of the food groups for sure.......maybe just behind wine and rum.......:rolleyes1

Still watching old episodes of Taggart from mid 1980`s......classics, I know you know who Taggart is.......::yes::

Yea
Taggert is my brothers favorite…
He rewatches it and believe he has about memorized each episode

It really was huge in Scotland/UK in the 80`s/90`s and 00`s till it was eventually cancelled. We love watching the mid 80`s ones where you can see old Glasgow before it became trendy......

I always remember our conversation about your brother enjoying it, when so many haven`t heard of it. We have the DVD`s with every episode and watch it every couple of years, 27 seasons!!

Lots of famous faces had their start on this show....

Won`t be long till we head to bed......Christmas trees go up tomorrow.....earliest we have ever put them up!! Outdoor decorations went up today, albeit a smaller than usual display.

Had another good night at Strong Water. Met a weird woman next to me at the bar, who was offended that I didn’t judge her because she’s from Oregon. I said that it hasn’t really been in the news lately and probably wasn’t as bad as she thought the perception was. Oh well, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Met a friends’s favorite bar tender though. He was awesome and friendly. I wish people just weren’t so hateful lately in the US. I don’t get it. These people are alive and seem healthy and have extra money to spend at a theme park or bar. What couldn’t be better:confused3

DS and DH were delayed but still made the flight. Won’t arrive until after midnight, instead of closer to 11pm. Going to nap until they arrive.

Good night sweet and kind SANS family.

Ah, nothing like a delayed flight after midnight, as we had that one time, Son. Yeah and from a 7 pm arrival flight. We finally arrived at 2am. Don’t blame you for napping.

Well the clock has struck 12, so off I go to sleep. Light from last night, so toes don’t get stubbed:

A2B08503-5D50-413F-B195-9B5D9304F224.jpeg

:rolleyes1 Sorry I’ve been MIA! But had a lovely trip in Oct and managed to pack in lots of meets my first day. So fun!

A small update, my province is a mess right now. Declared state of emergency. Too much rain. Lots of flooded areas, and all the major roads in my area closed due to slides or wash outs. I’m fine where I am. Just can’t get out of the lower mainland!

Thank you all. Knew had to have it but will be cautious next time. My arm swelled badly and lump like a tennis ball. Worst thing for me was because of my weakness in that area it hit my stomach etc couldn’t even keep water. Worst thing to medics was my heart rate. Anyhow 10 days ago now and done with.

Lynne love the lights. We aren’t doing the Zoo Christmas this year. Sadly due to circumstances children not here for 2 of the events weekends and on the first weekend will be L’s birthday so we have other things booked in.

Soniam what is the issue with Oregon? Naive Brit here.

Robo hope your mouth is doing ok. Kev had to get a repair yesterday but no issues.

Our mobile home is still not here. Is built but awaiting some components from overseas. I have joined a group of many others in the same situation. Can’t be helped but 4th postponement and we would normally be down in Sidmouth this weekend for the Christmas lights switch on etc. Last night I started looking to book us a nice break away for a weekend but Kev is not too bothered as we have lots to carry on with here and lovely places we can visit.

I think I mentioned some time ago my best friend who lost her husband is coming down for a few days soon and we have some things booked for then - including Chatsworth which is gorgeous dressed for Christmas.

Hope all have fun preparing for Thanksgiving. I’m off for a nice bath now the rest of the household are awake!

Good morning Metro. Yay, tree putting up certainly means Christmas is coming soon. :santa: And a Saturday is also a good day for shopping. And shopping I will be doing some more today as well. As since I went shopping yesterday, seems the choices I went to, little one has said she wants to go shopping to get more food for her. Yeah, am hoping we get going a bit earlier. This is usually also my wash day, so almost 2 loads have been done, and I’ll do one more. So hope you don’t have to shop in the rain. I’m going to be dry, but as it’s now 28 degrees out, I’ll be wearing my lightweight winter jacket.

Oh Julie, you do sound very busy, and sad those kids not with you around the two weekends. So many delays in shipping to complete items. Hope your mobile home order gets done before Christmas.

:wave: And so homies. The early bird crew is here. Join in. And may all have that super happy Saturday. And hehe, enjoy some tea like me. :coffee:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter