Something About Nothing............ #14

If i fail to make full progress by mid september, i’ll set up scooter rental

I am just thinking ahead for the what if’s do happen
going solo for the trip, i sort those things out before i arrive

My only job for today is rest and hold cats on my lap
lol

I am sure I will read how busy everyone else will be today

You get a scooter if you need one mac....you might be glad you did as Covid can really knock the stuffing out of you weeks after you think you`ve recovered.

Not a bad way to spend the day my friend........

Heard from Janet.....she was just getting ready to board their flight earlier....hope they have a fabulously marvellous trip in all that constant sunshine.......I know they will!!

We didn`t get our walk after all this morning, it was too drizzly in the end and not the warmest!!!

Went to get items for the food bank, then did our own shopping, and we didn`t need much today, so in and out of a couple of stores in no time at all.

Got a parcel delivered that was supposed to come tomorrow.....some new tops that I`ve washed and are now drying, only sending one back that is huge.....think they sent the wrong size!!

About to have some tea and cake.....:)

I may have to get a scooter too. Going to massage therapist and doctor today. Wouldn’t you know my lower back flared up on Sunday :sad2: I’ve been doing nothing except resting this week. I think it’s getting better but now pain going down thigh too. Ugh. I’ll see how I do but if needed will contact a scooter company. I was thinking BuenaVista? What one have you used?
last year i used the park rental
past years rented off site but can’t recall company name

i had been walking in a private tour but was slowing the group down so half way in the tour, my hhn guide got it set up for me

Tried to do a bit of catch up! This has been a painful week with hip/back. Hope to get fixed up for trip. I remember my doc doing an injection a few years ago for hip. But he said if it’s lower back he can’t do. Hope massage therapist can do her magic! If not it’s a scooter for me.
Have my clothes laid out ready to put in my cubes!

Monaklyn sorry to hear about your girls. Hope cuddle chicken wasn’t one of the casualties.

I’ve been having problems off and on getting into Dis. Hope problems are worked out now!

schumi
I knew they had an early morning flight but failed to send her a send off as did not get out of bed this morning until an hour ago
I waved her off last night on the boards and by email....you reminded me when you said earlier she was off early today.....

Glad you had a good sleep though.....

Tried to do a bit of catch up! This has been a painful week with hip/back. Hope to get fixed up for trip. I remember my doc doing an injection a few years ago for hip. But he said if it’s lower back he can’t do. Hope massage therapist can do her magic! If not it’s a scooter for me.

Monaklyn sorry to hear about your girls. Hope cuddle chicken wasn’t one of the casualties.

I’ve been having problems off and on getting into Dis. Hope problems are worked out now!

Sue, I hope your back doesn`t give you any grief on your trip. It`s the time you really want to be fit and healthy. Hope the therapist can give you some relief.

I think they are on top of the issues now, it was annoying for the last few weeks for many of us. There was a thread on the tech boards about the issues.

Just spilled dark soy sauce on my dress.......it`s quite a light one, so put some of that magic liquid on it before hitting the washing machine with it....hope it comes out. I was mixing up some extra marinade for the Japanese pork for tonight`s dinner, should have had my apron on but thought it would only take a second....well it did!

OUCH for your back issues!!
sending mummy dust and a bottle of Jack Daniels

Sue. ack for back issues still. I hope your visits with massage and doctor go well. Like Mac, rent a scooter if you need one. Your trip is getting so close. Yay!

Maybe just some dish soap and water to get stain out, Schumi? Wouldn’t you know, where it just had to spill. Meal sounds delicious though.

Older one left for work, and DH just left to get a new battery for his truck. Luckily, we have a good auto shop a half a block across the street, so he’s going there, as they replace and take old, and this time of day, they should not be that busy.

I’m so ready for lunch. Not lunchtime quite yet, but thinking what to eat. Maybe I’ll cook some chicken. If I cut the skinless chicken breasts into small pieces, so will not take long in my fry pan. Will toss in a cut up red pepper, and some carrots. Easy meal, and add some rice, and were are good. Hmm. Know the three of us will surely eat such. Such a nice day, looking forward to my lunchtime walk first.

Thirsty Thursday has arrived...and it seems my tea cup has a hole in it ;)

I have a few papers to shuffle today, get some things in order for month end.

It's another hot (for us) day here. Temps should to in the high 90's. The main part of our house was cool, but our bedrooms...not so much. Ended up going out into the living room to seek out a little cooler temps when a night sweat hit me :laughing: Oh boy...thank goodness there was a slight breeze from the window where my recliner chair is! Today is supposed to be the hottest, then get a little cooler for the rest of the weekend.

’am watching sweet little J tomorrow. Look forward to seeing him. He is really getting tall. I bought him a Minion fart blaster when I was recently at Universal:ssst:.....the big one. Haven’t given it to him yet. I think my niece will pass out......LOL....He will love it I’am sure......not sure mommy will, but he and Aunty Robbie will have loads of fun with it.
That sounds like the perfect gift!!! Every kids needs one of those I think ::yes:: You and I think alike...sounds like a gift I would give lol.
It is great to be able to post again!
i have missed all of the homies!

We assume that Mr Mac is a long hauler.
:hug: I'm glad your back and on the mend. I hope Mr. Mac is able to get his strength back. It is just so weird how it effects others so differently. I still don't fully have my smell back. I will get whiffs of smells, then it's gone. And the scent has to be strong for me to smell it. So weird.
I finally got my new flight information. The change? My flight is arriving in Charlotte 6 minutes later than before. They refunded me for the seat upgrade that I purchased, but I’m keeping the seat. This is a win in my book.
Yay...that's a change you can manage and a bonus for the refund! Hopefully, no more changes for your itinerary.
Sending you assignment vibes that it will all of a sudden come to you!
I may have to get a scooter too. Going to massage therapist and doctor today. Wouldn’t you know my lower back flared up on Sunday :sad2: I’ve been doing nothing except resting this week. I think it’s getting better but now pain going down thigh too. Ugh. I’ll see how I do but if needed will contact a scooter company. I was thinking BuenaVista? What one have you used?
:hug: sending you hugs too!!!!!!!!!! I hope that your back gets better. I know I struggle at times with back issues...and they are not easy to deal with. Sending you healing pixie dust!
We didn`t get our walk after all this morning, it was too drizzly in the end and not the warmest!!!

Went to get items for the food bank, then did our own shopping, and we didn`t need much today, so in and out of a couple of stores in no time at all.
I didn't get for my walk last night either. It was way too darn hot. It was still 90F or 33C at 10;00 last night as the sun was setting. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy to hot to be out walking around. I was hoping to go out early this morning before work...but sadly with little sleep last night, I kept sleeping instead of getting up.
Hopefully you got all your errands done today and were able to enjoy your afternoon.
I’m so ready for lunch. Not lunchtime quite yet, but thinking what to eat. Maybe I’ll cook some chicken. If I cut the skinless chicken breasts into small pieces, so will not take long in my fry pan. Will toss in a cut up red pepper, and some carrots. Easy meal, and add some rice, and were are good. Hmm. Know the three of us will surely eat such. Such a nice day, looking forward to my lunchtime walk first.
I hope you enjoy your extra long weekend, since today is your Friday ;). Enjoy your lunchtime walk. I think I'll head over to a big store to hopefully get a few steps in over lunch. I also need to look for more bait and Momma needs to restock her favorite lure for our next fishing adventure. I am not a get out a walk kind of person when it's hot here. When I'm on vacation - yes!!!! But just regular days at home - nope!

Well, I should shuffle more papers. Then off for a quick lunch to get a few steps in and look for a couple of things.

Have a great day everyone!

I usually rent mine either off site with which ever company has the best rates or at UO park which has higher fees

Buena Vista is good
Have also used the company recommended on the Disboards

Thirsty Thursday has arrived...and it seems my tea cup has a hole in it ;)

I have a few papers to shuffle today, get some things in order for month end.

It's another hot (for us) day here. Temps should to in the high 90's. The main part of our house was cool, but our bedrooms...not so much. Ended up going out into the living room to seek out a little cooler temps when a night sweat hit me :laughing: Oh boy...thank goodness there was a slight breeze from the window where my recliner chair is! Today is supposed to be the hottest, then get a little cooler for the rest of the weekend.

That sounds like the perfect gift!!! Every kids needs one of those I think ::yes:: You and I think alike...sounds like a gift I would give lol.

:hug: I'm glad your back and on the mend. I hope Mr. Mac is able to get his strength back. It is just so weird how it effects others so differently. I still don't fully have my smell back. I will get whiffs of smells, then it's gone. And the scent has to be strong for me to smell it. So weird.

Yay...that's a change you can manage and a bonus for the refund! Hopefully, no more changes for your itinerary.
Sending you assignment vibes that it will all of a sudden come to you!

:hug: sending you hugs too!!!!!!!!!! I hope that your back gets better. I know I struggle at times with back issues...and they are not easy to deal with. Sending you healing pixie dust!

I didn't get for my walk last night either. It was way too darn hot. It was still 90F or 33C at 10;00 last night as the sun was setting. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy to hot to be out walking around. I was hoping to go out early this morning before work...but sadly with little sleep last night, I kept sleeping instead of getting up.
Hopefully you got all your errands done today and were able to enjoy your afternoon.

I hope you enjoy your extra long weekend, since today is your Friday ;). Enjoy your lunchtime walk. I think I'll head over to a big store to hopefully get a few steps in over lunch. I also need to look for more bait and Momma needs to restock her favorite lure for our next fishing adventure. I am not a get out a walk kind of person when it's hot here. When I'm on vacation - yes!!!! But just regular days at home - nope!

Well, I should shuffle more papers. Then off for a quick lunch to get a few steps in and look for a couple of things.

Have a great day everyone!

Hope you got out for some exercise tonight.......

That is hot!!! Enjoy it while you can......a little breeze can be nice in that heat......

We watched it last night. Thought it was decently entertaining. No spoilers, but I will say the fighting sequences got a little monotonous....

Oh thanks, good to know. I do get fed up with fighting scenes in most movies.

We`ll zip through those parts.......

Good to see you, hope you`re doing good..... :wave2:

Hello all. Not a good day here today. My sister texted me and said that Mom is being discharged from rehab on Sunday, but hasn't made any significant progress. We are trying to decided what to do next. My brother thinks that Mom has gotten to the point where she needs full time care. My sister is still trying to avoid sending her to a nursing home. I told them that I would back whatever they decide. There's just no good way to handle this,

Charade… it’s a tough decision to make.
You are fortunate you have two siblings that you can discuss what path to follow on your mom’s living situation
staying neutral is the safest way for you and let your siblings handle it

I had to make the calls on my mom’s situation by myself she was 96.

It was not easy for me

I don’t understand why they would release her from rehab since she has no one to take care of her needs

Maybe your siblings will contact medicare and see what care is available for her?

Hello all. Not a good day here today. My sister texted me and said that Mom is being discharged from rehab on Sunday, but hasn't made any significant progress. We are trying to decided what to do next. My brother thinks that Mom has gotten to the point where she needs full time care. My sister is still trying to avoid sending her to a nursing home. I told them that I would back whatever they decide. There's just no good way to handle this,

I`m sorry to hear that Charade.

It`s never an easy decision to put your mum in a nursing home, but in the end it might be the only option, much as though it`s not what you or your siblings want to do.

Best wishes going forward and hope the decision once made gives you some peace about your mum being looked after.

And it`s Friday.........the weekend for many.......being happily retired every day is the weekend......but there`s always something fun about a Friday!!

Not walking this morning, got some things we want to do so we will miss it today.

So, leisurely breakfast together going to make Eggs Benedict for Tom and I`ll have it without the eggs......lol.....bacon works too! Doesn`t look great, but sure tastes good! Will get the sauce made up soon.

Weather is quite dull today but warm-ish so no jackets needed.

Going to have very spicy Thai Red chicken curry tonight, marinaded the chicken last night and will cook it tonight, will make Jasmine rice although I eat about a tablespoon of rice, not a fan of it generally.

Other than that......not much going on here, no real plans for the weekend except getting together with friends on Sunday, that`s about it. Quiet one again.

i-ZNv3sQz-S.jpg

cv109-S.jpg

cv102-S.png

Have a wonderful Friday :)

Ah Charade, never easy when you know your mom needs more care. Sending lots of hugs. Glad your siblings are letting you help decide what’s best for her. Yeah, I think rehabs toss people out, as if not progressing at a certain point, so they just release, as they are not a long time care place. Look into care at home versus a home. Though I know from my MIL, home care can be very expensive, but thankfully, once family started to care for her, in her home, at not much cost, to save her money, as who knows, at 90, she could live many more years. And we know, unlike my mom, she would not do well anywhere else but in her home, with family looking over her. When my mom lost most of her mobility, she did go into a retirement home, and had to sell her home to do that. Hope you mom is doing okay, and sending good thoughts for her.

Ah yes, that Friday feeling. So glad when I can include a lazy Friday with a week day routine. But no matter a lazy day or not, I tend to be that early person.

Hope Schumi enjoyed some breakfast tea this morning, and yes, with bacon. Yum. Nice to have friends visiting this weekend. Like you, no plans for me today either.

No jacket needed this morning. Already at a balmy, and sunny 73. Little cooler today, 89 the high. Mostly cloudy, with some evening rain. Little one didn’t get a good thunderstorm, but last night, we got quite the downpour, with our phones buzzing with flash flood warnings. You know, as buzzing as we were returning from a grocery run, as little one just had to pick up stuff she wanted to make for a late dinner. The main road we used, we know gets flooded fast. And last night, it did. Was crazy, as water was high in many spots. Why all were trying to drive in the middle of the road. The worse was not far from me, was flooded over the sidewalks and deepest across the road, as even the middle of the road had inches of rain. It was a clear sky after that, and still now, though clouds to rule the day, with more rain to come by a later dinner time,

And so, quiet house, as made some scrambled eggs with bacon, cheese and the last of the red peppers. With some toast, and jam, and was a nice breakfast. DH just left with some eggs and bread and the jam jar. MIL does have a toaster, so I hope she enjoys our leftover breakfast. I don’t usually leave much for the kids. Little one would only eat the bacon, and older one would eat all, but he does not always make time for a big breakfast, as quick ones, he mostly has, as he likes to wake up as late as he can, before getting ready for work, like today, as he does work. So then, it’s that little one and me day. I have no idea what her agenda is, but I doubt I will see her until around lunchtime. But that’s fine. Other than posting some mail, at the post office, that’s only my real agenda today. I may just do that drop off before little one gets up, or ask older one to do that drop off for me, on his way to work.

Little one has a friend’s birthday party this weekend. All to meet up, as zip lining in the mountains to celebrate. Little one is happy, she enjoys zip lining, and has been a belayer at the camp’s zip lines. As she has grown up both zipping across the camp’s huge lake and the large amounts of large trees around it, and then helping other, younger kids do it. Expect her to be gone most of the day. The mountains are not that far from us, a pretty straight head North, for about an hour and a half drive to where they have the zip lining. Older one works this weekend, so it may be a solo one for me when she also leaves. That’s fine, as there is wash and other to do around the house. And largest tv is then mine. Either way, I do enjoy my weekends to just relax.

Hope Keisha’s flight went well, and enjoying some park fun today, Most awesome weather and extreme fun on your trip. I’m alive post, with a picture or two would be nice, but just have fun if not. No need to look at a screen all the time.

Fabulously feeling Friday wished for all. Let the weekend happiness commence.

Love when no plans turn into plans!

Met some friends out this morning and as it was near enough lunchtime, we agreed to meet at a restaurant nearby where we were. Haven`t seen them since January so it was nice catching up and again, don`t need to cook tonight as lunch was very filling. Will keep the chicken I was marinading till tomorrow or freeze it depending on what we`re doing tomorrow night.

Nice restaurant, changed hands a year ago and they`ve turned what was a mediocre restaurant into something rather lovely. Small and intimate, would make a lovely date night place for the future.

This afternoon is being spent catching up with some family and friends too, one is on her way round for a cuppa and a chat and bringing a dress she wants my opinion on. Oh the stain came out the dress yesterday, that stuff is amazing even with soy sauce being so dark and dense.

Kettle about to be filled and plugged in.

mac....must admit I thought of you with the cat meme from before....... :rotfl:

Woot! Once SW just announced no expiration of credits, what did I do? Check my flights, yay! Enough credit for at least a ticket, maybe part of another too some time in the future. At least now won’t have to track when first bought, as that was the start of when credit would expire a year later. Oddly, both rental prices are higher than I booked, and had previously changed once to a better price. Sad to say, hotels are not available or much higher than booked, after I did book what I booked. Wish they would come down some. But at least I’ve got some time to keep looking, and so will. Still trying to lock down when little one comes in September. She’s still figuring out her Fall school schedule. That, and grr, SW has no nonstop flights on week days. Thus, kinda limits her choices, unless tries a different airline. But she’s very familiar with SW. So I’m not pushing her to look for another airline, and saying okay, if she can’t fit it in. She really enjoyed our private HHN tour night, so I’m still thinking how long to wait to get her a ticket, given no refunds. Guess when she locks down her end of September plans. But would be great to have more days under her AP.

Sigh, thinking maybe lunch out, if little one is moving soon. Otherwise I’ll make a sandwich of something. My tea has been lovely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter