Something About Nothing............ #14

He told me that our mom is in the hospital in Columbia, SC.

Oh no. Praying it is nothing serious. Has to be so frustrating depending on others to get information.

Short of chopping off a leg….I have no answers!!! Good luck though.....

May have to pass on that one. I would then be overweight, ghostly white and uneven.

It's always encouraging to hear positive recovery stories

So true. Glad everyone in his family recovered.

Nice! Eldest DD and her DH just booked for Daytona and they're going to see how things are going closer to their trip and may drive into Orlando for a day or two.

Love Daytona, though I have only visited in the early spring. Hope they are able to pop over to Orlando.

dug a nice hole I did not see and I stepped in it and fell on the retaining wall then off the wall that shores up the ground around the tree.

OUCH! Back pain is the worst. Hoping it improves so you dont have to go ti the ER.

Passed my boards! I am officially a registered nurse!

:banana::banana::banana: Congrats.

Are you staying on property? In addition to Aug wdw trip that will in all likelihood be canceled with dd. I have an early Dec wdw trip too, with friends. But who knows when our border will open

Yes, right now we have reservations at the Portofino. Kind of asssuming they will be open by December but I wouldnt mind changing to Royal Pacific. Either way its going to be a blast.

The border thing baffles me. If its ok for everything here to be opened with numbers spiking then they shouldnt be worried about people coming in from countries where there is a downturn.

Hey all, having a lovely day here, very mild & no humidity. Soon will start dinner of boneless pork chops, smashed/loaded taters & green beans for me. The Mr will polish of yesterday’s spicey stir fry & then plan on doing absolutely nothing productive for rest of the evening
Got a call from my brother about an hour ago. He told me that our mom is in the hospital in Columbia, SC. Earlier today she passed out. She was taken to the hospital with an irregular heartbeat and a fractured leg. I called the hospital but they won't tell me anything since they can't verify who I am. I have to get information form my cousin in SC. Right now I am watching episodes of The Monkees and trying to keep my mind off the worst.
Oh, dear, that’s a lot. Is your mom in good health normally? Hope you get good news soon. Here, unless you have a medical power of attorney, the hospital requests the patient designate one person in the family to make all contact.
We may have to decide last minute too whether our trip goes ahead or not. Government decisions aside, depending on what the situation is at the time will decide for us if we go or not. If they are experiencing a huge jump in numbers, it would be crazy to go and take unnecessary risks, common sense will win that argument. We are fully prepared to make that decision if need be and be happy with it.
It’s no fun to be adultish sometime. Hope your trip comes off ok
That is a tough movie to watch with Johnny Depp. Kenneth Branagh just doesn`t work for me as Poirot. Yes, the moustache deserves it`s own show!!!! I love the original Orient Express movie, despite not really liking Albert Finney`s version of Poirot. But, so many real stars in that movie.....a classic.
Speaking of Kenneth Branagh, of whom we enjoyed a few films he directed, including Thor...watched the new Artemis Fowl movie last night under his helm, oh dear Lord, what a hot mess that was.
We have learned long ago, while sometimes we eat leftovers at home, well, usually only my DH or older one, we never take a doggy bag from eating out on vacation. No one wants to heat or eat what came back to the room.
Nine times out of ten, we forget them on the dining table lol. Otherwise, we call them breakfast.

It's always encouraging to hear positive recovery stories! We don't hear enough of them.
Absolutely!
And that a lot has to do with the viral load a person is exposed to. He was just down in Orlando and has plans to go back in a few weeks.
That was my long-held belief. One of the reasons our part of the state has had so many less people has been attributed to the particular virus circulating here as being less virulent. Now, a prominent scientist is saying that’s ridiculous, it’s more likely they are testing people when they have a light load in their system/early or late in the process

Seriously, we are all starved for news on CV but it doesn’t inspire much confidence when we are barraged by experts & politicians all spouting different things. Usually a news junkie, I’m trying to cut way back, as all it does lately is raise my blood pressure.
I think I've seen a total of three people not wearing a mask at all in stores. Is your county green? I honestly don't know what changes there will be when we go green this week. I still plan on wearing a mask. I did see a lot of people still wearing gloves in the stores.
It went green a few weeks ago. Depending on the store & how much hands’ on touching I’ll be doing, still will wear gloves.
Nice to hear Allegiant gets somethings right.
Haha “some things’ is right :) but I always appreciate effort.
Mac usually sets up a sticky for everyone to put in dates they are going if I remember correctly. This might help everyone in Sans family set up possible meet ups.
Yes, usually not that far out though...late August or September, going from memory
Man you have been through the ringer with the dentists. Hope they get you all fixed up.
I had a dream last night I woke up from the upcoming surgery and found myself with no teeth, at all.
Hope the meds are working to clear up the infection and she is healing up well.
It always amazes me what a true miracles the right antibiotics are for people. Couple days in and all is usually well.
Have been in bed. Have meds to help. Should have gone to ER, but like many others afraid of exposure to anything. If not significantly better tomorrow will call doc and go.
Oh my
Granddaughter has closed on her house she was buying. She faced timed with me yesterday and showed me some pictures. . I’am so proud of her.
Great news, congrats to her!
Was hoping to hear about some houses for HHN soon. If I remember Correctly don’t they start dropping some houses about now. I know some people posted a supposed line up, but has that been confirmed?
Nope, nothing official. Some rumors bopping about the
Passed my boards! I am officially a registered nurse! Now I can go on vacay in 6 days and RELAX! Lots of poolside drinks at RPR in my future!
Congrats to you, good luck in your new career

One of hubby's co-workers stopped over yesterday to pick up some wood we had from cutting our apple tree for his smoker. He is one who had covid two months ago and recovered. His whole family got it, including his 4 year old. He said he had a fever of 102, body aches and fatigue the first week and then got the cough and loss of taste and smell the second week. Thankfully they didn't have to go to the hospital and have been healthy since, although he said it did hang on for a while. It's always encouraging to hear positive recovery stories! We don't hear enough of them.

Not sure what we're doing today, but will definitely be outside enjoying the sun. I love where we live because we get all 4 seasons, but I wish summer was a bit longer. Winters just seem so much longer now that we're getting older.

I keep hearing varying things. A doctor I know (who is also a huge Disney fan) was telling me last week that he's hearing the virus is weakening and getting harder to "catch". And that a lot has to do with the viral load a person is exposed to. He was just down in Orlando and has plans to go back in a few weeks.

Yes, it is so good to hear positive stories from anywhere....shows there`s always hope even when it seems futile.

We`re hearing a lot of that over here too that it is weakening generally....I hope it is true and anyone who catches it has a better chance of survival.

Hey Schumi :wave:.......hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

Lynne I would really enjoy seeing you again for a visit. I have tentatively set dates and reservations for HHN visit, but that could change. Had planned to go earlier in September so I could be back for great-nephews 1st birthday. Will let you know for sure.

Yep.......she has a thing for Mikey.......LOL

Fingers and toes crossed things look up for your trip and you can get back to your home away from home.

Mac usually sets up a sticky for everyone to put in dates they are going if I remember correctly. This might help everyone in Sans family set up possible meet ups.

I have always wanted to go to fancy afternoon tea. Have you prepared one at home. I had thought of having a tea party for the ladies in the family and looking up recipes for finger sandwiches and desserts.

Yep.....no cooking on vacation for me either.

Was making more to share with hospital here, but can’t sew right now.

Was out in back yard Friday morning and noticed the deer had shook the peach tree again to get to all the small unripe peaches.

Went to check under Apple tree and I guessing some animal mole etc had dug a nice hole I did not see and I stepped in it and fell on the retaining wall then off the wall that shores up the ground around the tree.

I was able to finally get up and in the house. Thought I was lucky with just a few scrapes and then tried to sit down and my back went out bad. Think one of my discs is bulging out. Feels like it.

Have been in bed. Have meds to help. Should have gone to ER, but like many others afraid of exposure to anything. If not significantly better tomorrow will call doc and go.

Hubby got my walker down from upstairs closet from when I had knees replaced. Has helped getting up for sure.

Was planning on going to check up on my dad this coming week, but will have to be postponed until back is better.

My phone and iPad has been my entertainment while in bed. My younger sister has faced timed me so I can see my baby great-nephew. That sweet baby has brought so much joy to my life.

Granddaughter has closed on her house she was buying. She faced timed with me yesterday and showed me some pictures. . I’am so proud of her.

Been watching cooking shows off Netflix. Was watching “Somebody Feed Phil” he was doing show in London and he went into Fortnum and Mason and came out with chocolate dipped biscuits he said were delicious. I always have to remember they call cookies biscuits. When I hear biscuits I think biscuits and gravy.

hey Robo it has been a while since you posted!!

Sorry to hear you had a fall too.....and knocking your back out must be so painful. I`m glad you still had the walker around to help you out. Hope you feel better soon and can see your dad real soon too. It`s so hard being away from family.....

My girl friends and I do afternoon tea quite often, sometimes for lunch and it is always beautiful. One of my friends Sue, does it so much better than I do. It just looks so professional and she is a much better baker than I am.....although she would kindly tell you my savoury options are better. A good selection of tea is important too....and Fortnum & Mason would offer a fabulous selection! Yes, we call cookies biscuits.....we would have a chocolate biscuit or a regular biscuit with a cup of tea. Your biscuits are like scones to us.....lol......but so good!!!!

You have a lot happening right now.....lovely to hear your Grand daughter is on the property ladder! Keep well and don't be a stranger...…..it`s always lovely to see you post!

Passed my boards! I am officially a registered nurse! Now I can go on vacay in 6 days and RELAX! Lots of poolside drinks at RPR in my future!

Enjoy your celebrations....you deserve it!!!!!

Vicki yay for 6 days in Dec! Are you staying on property? In addition to Aug wdw trip that will in all likelihood be canceled with dd. I have an early Dec wdw trip too, with friends. But who knows when our border will open. If the US Covid #s keep going up it may be awhile.
Sadly the only thing I found to take weight off is less carbs and sugar.

Schumi yep, dinner was good. Always love a bbq burger. I made them and DH cooked them on the bbq. He complained they were falling apart and I had to explain that they needed to stay on grill longer before flipping;)

yes, I’m watching the #s too in the US and it’s not looking good:sad: Maybe not December trip either. I think I’ll be modifying Aug 2020 to 2021.
I know you’re going thru same thing with borders and just not knowing. Deep down unless things get better I feel we should cancel. It isn’t worth the risk as much as it pains us.

Yes, almost over my fall. Thanks for asking. Back still a bit touchy. Have an appt with my massage therapist this coming Thursday. First one since shut down.

Masks aren’t mandatory here either but most people are wearing them at grocery.

Have to agree, I didn’t enjoy J Depp version of Orient Express.

Bacon And sausage for us this morning! Decadent! Dd and DH also had eggs and pancakes. I just had an egg to go with the meat.

May finish watching The Crown on Netflix.
And a Happy Birthday to HRH Queen Elizabeth. No Trooping the Colours this year but an appropriate smaller ceremony. She looked lovely.

Have a nice Sunday everyone. Send sun! Lol.

Glad the food was enjoyed! And bacon and sausages are lush indeed!!!!

Yes, if cancelling needs to be done, we`ll do it in a heartbeat....hopefully not, but we`re in touch with friends at the hotel and they are keeping us positive too right now......hope your later trip doesn't need cancelled too......we have 14 nights booked then too!!!

Yes, the Queen looked lovely at the much smaller ceremony....it`s always lovely to see her anytime. Glad to see she was looking so well.

You too Sue, have a lovely day......

May have to pass on that one. I would then be overweight, ghostly white and uneven.

Yes, right now we have reservations at the Portofino. Kind of asssuming they will be open by December but I wouldnt mind changing to Royal Pacific. Either way its going to be a blast.

The border thing baffles me. If its ok for everything here to be opened with numbers spiking then they shouldnt be worried about people coming in from countries where there is a downturn.

Yes, cutting a limb off might not be the best idea!!!

there`s a lot baffling me right now!!! one expert comes on and says it`s weakening and not mutating as bad as they thought, then another says the complete opposite! Time to stop listening for me...….

Your trip sounds a lot of fun! I`m sure we`ll all manage our trips then!!!

Hey all, having a lovely day here, very mild & no humidity. Soon will start dinner of boneless pork chops, smashed/loaded taters & green beans for me. The Mr will polish of yesterday’s spicey stir fry & then plan on doing absolutely nothing productive for rest of the evening

It’s no fun to be adultish sometime. Hope your trip comes off ok

Speaking of Kenneth Branagh, of whom we enjoyed a few films he directed, including Thor...watched the new Artemis Fowl movie last night under his helm, oh dear Lord, what a hot mess that was.

That was my long-held belief. One of the reasons our part of the state has had so many less people has been attributed to the particular virus circulating here as being less virulent. Now, a prominent scientist is saying that’s ridiculous, it’s more likely they are testing people when they have a light load in their system/early or late in the process

Seriously, we are all starved for news on CV but it doesn’t inspire much confidence when we are barraged by experts & politicians all spouting different things. Usually a news junkie, I’m trying to cut way back, as all it does lately is raise my blood pressure.

I had a dream last night I woke up from the upcoming surgery and found myself with no teeth, at all.

You crept in while I was typing!

Food sounds so good as always......except green beans....I cannot get the taste for them at all!

Never seen the Artemis Fowl movie......not one I`ve seen advertised. Kenneth Branagh is a little too up himself in real life for me to actually like him. I did like him in Potter and Frankenstein, but that`s about it......he`s a little too luvvie for me.....

Again, different info shared is confusing. We really don't know who to believe......

Good luck tomorrow......oh dental dreams are weird!!! Remind me to tell you who I dreamt lived next door to me last night.....lol....you`ll laugh!!

I did start this off around 2 hours ago.....but my aunt in Long Island called me and we`ve been chatting all this time!

I miss them too......It`s about year ago right now mum and I were last in NY visiting them. We always have such a lovely time with them all out there. We`ll go back another time, well Tom and I will, my mum is just maybe a little past such long flights now. Although she would argue different. Maybe I will be able to take her back one last time.

No rain for us, it is so still outside you could hear that pin drop!!! Quite weird after all the wild weather we`ve had.

Late evening for us now.....will think about tomorrow when it comes.....no idea what we`ll do, but I do want to get out somewhere......

It`s been a lovely long Sunday today...….

Early dinner of Jerk chicken and salad with spring mix, some lettuce from the garden and pears. I made a version of Ohana's honey lime dressing and it was delicious! We may take the dogs for a walk in a bit.

I delivered a box of masks to our local Children’s hospital here. They were so happy to receive them. It has given me so much joy to make and share the masks.
That is so nice! I'm sure they appreciated them very much! I have a few to make yet and I'm thinking of trying another pattern.
I'm so sorry! I hope you feel better soon! :hug:
Was hoping to hear about some houses for HHN soon.
So last night two of my dd's were here and one of the boyfriends and we were watching HHN on youtube because they all want to go. I came to the conclusion that you all are nuts!! LOL! Every time I see anything about HHN I get anxious. Someone will have to get me liquored up to set foot in there!
I was able to get some Potter themed material and some Disney material.
Online? I was looking for HP material. If you know of any online can you PM me a link?
Yes, almost over my fall. Thanks for asking. Back still a bit touchy. Have an appt with my massage therapist this coming Thursday. First one since shut down.
Good news that you're improving!
Masks aren’t mandatory here either but most people are wearing them at grocery.
I had to laugh today because our restaurants are open for outdoor dining with very strict distancing. I passed Applebee's today and they don't have a patio, but they put a bunch of tables in the parking lot with that mesh-like construction fencing around it! And all the tables were full! No umbrellas to give shade in a hot parking lot.... I'll pass.
May finish watching The Crown on Netflix.
And a Happy Birthday to HRH Queen Elizabeth. No Trooping the Colours this year but an appropriate smaller ceremony. She looked lovely.
I LOVE the Crown!
And I confess to being a Royal watcher for years now (except for Meghan Markle, who I CANNOT stand! Apologies to anyone who likes her) and was glad to see the Queen out again.
Love Daytona, though I have only visited in the early spring. Hope they are able to pop over to Orlando.
I confess to being jealous! I'm half tempted to check prices.
Seriously, we are all starved for news on CV but it doesn’t inspire much confidence when we are barraged by experts & politicians all spouting different things.
Agree. That's why I ask people that I know who've had it what their personal experience was like. One girl who works with one of my dds (the reason my dd had to get tested) said that even though she got it, her son and fiance who live with her didn't. She said she felt ill only about a week. That one I don't really understand with regard to viral load. ??? Or is it possible she had such a mild case that she didn't shed a lot of virus?

Good evening everyone. An emotionally exhausting day today. I didn't sleep very well at all last night. This morning I finally got to talk to my mom. She sounded pretty good all things considered. While we were talking a nurse came into her room, so Mom was able to ask her about them giving me updates. The nurse gave me a HIPAA code to use when I call.

There is some confusion about Mom's heart. My aunt said that the medical professionals in the ambulance said she had an irregular heartbeat. The nurse at the hospital said that the beat is normal, but she has a heart murmur. Mom also has low hemoglobin, and fractured her tibia. She will be having surgery on her leg on Tuesday. She is allowed only one visitor per day. I am seriously considering going down there on Wednesday, which is also her 87th birthday. She is an hour from home and my aunt can't get out there everyday because she has her own medical issues to deal with. My brother and sister are both in Georgia. I don't know if they plan to visit or not.

I wanted to get out of town for awhile, but this isn't the way I wanted to do it.

Early dinner of Jerk chicken and salad with spring mix, some lettuce from the garden and pears. I made a version of Ohana's honey lime dressing and it was delicious! We may take the dogs for a walk in a bit.

So last night two of my dd's were here and one of the boyfriends and we were watching HHN on youtube because they all want to go. I came to the conclusion that you all are nuts!! LOL! Every time I see anything about HHN I get anxious. Someone will have to get me liquored up to set foot in there!

I had to laugh today because our restaurants are open for outdoor dining with very strict distancing. I passed Applebee's today and they don't have a patio, but they put a bunch of tables in the parking lot with that mesh-like construction fencing around it! And all the tables were full! No umbrellas to give shade in a hot parking lot.... I'll pass.

I LOVE the Crown!
And I confess to being a Royal watcher for years now (except for Meghan Markle, who I CANNOT stand! Apologies to anyone who likes her) and was glad to see the Queen out again.

I confess to being jealous! I'm half tempted to check prices.

Love Jerk Chicken....I have never made a honey lime dressing, so quick Google found me a recipe and have added it to my ever growing portfolio of recipes and good ideas......and I agree.....Applebees does not sound like somewhere you`d be enticed to go eat at with that description!!!!

So that`s a no for HHN then.......lol.....this was one of my favourite moments from HHN way back in 2008 reflections of Fear year.........I had no idea there was a "creature" hidden in the mist.....Tom saw it all unfold in front of him and kept taking a picture till I saw the claws appear to my side.......I wondered why Kyle was laughing........one of the best nights in one of the best HHN years!!!

Awww....you`d love it really........ :rotfl:

9-28-2008-090-M.jpg

MM was well liked when she first appeared in the UK despite all the accusations of one thing and another........now, I know of no one who can stand her or Harry for that matter, and he was beloved in this country. Let them get on with it......I`ve never watched The Crown though.....and yes, love The Queen.

Good evening everyone. An emotionally exhausting day today. I didn't sleep very well at all last night. This morning I finally got to talk to my mom. She sounded pretty good all things considered. While we were talking a nurse came into her room, so Mom was able to ask her about them giving me updates. The nurse gave me a HIPAA code to use when I call.

There is some confusion about Mom's heart. My aunt said that the medical professionals in the ambulance said she had an irregular heartbeat. The nurse at the hospital said that the beat is normal, but she has a heart murmur. Mom also has low hemoglobin, and fractured her tibia. She will be having surgery on her leg on Tuesday. She is allowed only one visitor per day. I am seriously considering going down there on Wednesday, which is also her 87th birthday. She is an hour from home and my aunt can't get out there everyday because she has her own medical issues to deal with. My brother and sister are both in Georgia. I don't know if they plan to visit or not.

I wanted to get out of town for awhile, but this isn't the way I wanted to do it.

Charade you should go. It`s only an hour away, I`m sure your work will be happy for you to go, even if they don`t, I`d still go. And on her birthday too, she`d be so happy to see you.

I`m glad you can find out info on her now though. I`m surprised there wasn`t a way for them to verify who you were on the phone initially......glad it`s sorted though. And speaking to her would have helped a bit. But, not surprised you are exhausted. Hope she does so much better.

Monday again.......

We have more fog this morning. I was very gently awakened by distant fog horns this morning. Windows are open as it`s not cold, it really is very weird weather. But, supposed to improve as the day goes on.

Going to see if I can get in the store that sells the DVD player today, if there is even a remote line, I`ll just order it online. Dropping DH off at one his friends homes this morning. His man shed in their grounds makes Tom`s man shed look like a small dog kennel :rotfl:.....but he has a mini distillery in his......lol......so they`re having a social distancing meet to check it all out. Think he is brewing ale, wine and I believe gins of various flavours. That might be interesting!!! Love a Sloe Gin!!

Peppered chicken tonight.......using boneless thighs as I seem to have loads of them in the freezers. Doubt it`ll be nice enough to get the barbecue out, so oven it is.

Stores that are deemed non essential today open back up.....no desire to go buy new clothes as we have nowhere to go yet anyway. There are images of lines around the block for some stores opening back up....crazy......

fun18-L.jpg

fun25-S.jpg

Last edited:
Oh Charade, would be nice to go see your mom if you can. We could not, but the nurse let her use the phone and we talked. Sending more get well thoughts and hope all find some comfort in knowing mom is being well taken care of.

Hehe, Schumi might be seeing all sorts of things in that fog. Great picture during HHN. Lush food for dinner, and nice Tom is visiting his friend this morning. Maybe you will get some drink to taste. Yeah, DVD players are hard to find around here, and much cheaper then they used to be. Seems all rather have it played from a download, then a disc. I gave mine away, when I found out older one’s game system could play DVDs. Less mess around the TV.

Ah, a wonderful spell of 70’s weather and low humidity. Another mostly sunny day, and even closer to 80 as the afternoon high temp will be.

Yesterday, my Dsis said she heated her pool, do we want a swim? Oh yes, a lovely dip with the pool temp 78 degrees. Was so warm feeling that getting out felt cold. But was so nice. I told her the 5 day forecast says this Friday and Saturday will see 90’s in temp, so no need to use the pool heater then, though with those much high temps, the tropical air is responsible, so the chance of downpours and thunderstorms go with that much more humid days too.

Ah, a back to this routine Monday. Will certainly take a walk, as the last two days, the early morning walks were so refreshing, as morning temps were in the high 50’s. No difference today, but I decided a sleep was better than a pre-dawn walk. So a lunchtime walk will have to do. And so enjoying my routine tea. So perfect.

So,
DEDB9361-95A7-4FFC-8C87-B27672F395D6.jpeg

Nice you managed a swim Lynne......glad she lives close enough to visit regularly.

Yes, we still use DVD players.....Kyle has a PS4, but we never use it. Tom likes dvd`s for sci fi movies I don't watch. You`d think if they were hard to find they`d be expensive? We must be very old fashioned I guess, we don't really download anything. I think we have 3 players in different rooms. The one in the bedroom was last used in the last house I think! No clutter as they are quite small. I hate clutter!!

They`re around the equivalent of $70 here, well the one Kyle is getting his dad, so a bargain.

Enjoy that walk and don't forget the tea...….:)

Well the store I planned to buy the dvd from was still closed, so just came home and ordered it online. It`ll come tomorrow. He knows about that as he asked for it....no surprises there.

Also just ordered him a very nice Hennessy Cognac X.O. It should come Wednesday......he'll be curious as to what has been ordered as that one is a surprise.....told Kyle he doesn't have to pay for that one! But, he said he will.....we`ll see......

Going to pick Tom up in an half an hour or so......I doubt he`ll have tasted anything as I don't think anything is quite ready....and it`s not midday yet!!!

Shrimp salad wraps for lunch......and a side of hot chilli potato chips....

Have a great Monday all.......

Love Jerk Chicken....I have never made a honey lime dressing, so quick Google found me a recipe and have added it to my ever growing portfolio of recipes and good ideas......
It was really good and I'll add it to my rotation of dressings. I did decrease the oil though, on the recipe I found. And I added a bit more salt. Let me know if you like it! I buy limes by the bag because we use them a lot and like them more than lemons.
Applebees does not sound like somewhere you`d be enticed to go eat at with that description!!!!
LOL! I can't imagine how hot it was sitting in full sun, in a blacktop parking lot. Applebees is never our first choice for dining out so we rarely go.
So that`s a no for HHN then.......lol.....this was one of my favourite moments from HHN way back in 2008 reflections of Fear year.........I had no idea there was a "creature" hidden in the mist.....Tom saw it all unfold in front of him and kept taking a picture till I saw the claws appear to my side.......I wondered why Kyle was laughing........one of the best nights in one of the best HHN years!!!
Schumi! That picture is terrifying! LOL! :eek: :faint:
Awww....you`d love it really........
Your picture does nothing to entice me to go! Seriously.... my instant reaction is a great big NOPE! :rotfl:

MM was well liked when she first appeared in the UK despite all the accusations of one thing and another........now, I know of no one who can stand her or Harry for that matter, and he was beloved in this country. Let them get on with it......I`ve never watched The Crown though.....and yes, love The Queen.
I used to really like Just-call-me-Harry too. Now I lost all respect for him.
I really like to look at the Royal Jewels and read about the history of them. They're just so beautiful.

Edited to add: I can't wait for Lady C's book to come out this month. :thumbsup2
I gave mine away, when I found out older one’s game system could play DVDs. Less mess around the TV.
That's what we use too. I know we have a DVD player somewhere, but I couldn't tell you where it got put. Too many things hooked up to the tvs.
Also just ordered him a very nice Hennessy Cognac X.O.
OOOHH that sounds lovely!

Well, I got the bright idea to reorganize my bedroom closet yesterday. So now my spare bedroom is covered with piles of clothing I'm slowly going through. I suppose I have to finish it today, but I've lost motivation. LOL!

Yep, yesterday, since we saw the church’s resale place was open, bags of shoes and clothes from my and little one’s closets were dropped off there. Have fun going through piles, McK. And yeah, one too many visits to Applebee’s, and nope, never again to our local one. Much better elsewhere.

Ah so much sunny outside. Lovely.

It was really good and I'll add it to my rotation of dressings. I did decrease the oil though, on the recipe I found. And I added a bit more salt. Let me know if you like it! I buy limes by the bag because we use them a lot and like them more than lemons.

LOL! I can't imagine how hot it was sitting in full sun, in a blacktop parking lot. Applebees is never our first choice for dining out so we rarely go.

Schumi! That picture is terrifying! LOL! :eek: :faint:

Your picture does nothing to entice me to go! Seriously.... my instant reaction is a great big NOPE! :rotfl:

I used to really like Just-call-me-Harry too. Now I lost all respect for him.
I really like to look at the Royal Jewels and read about the history of them. They're just so beautiful.

Edited to add: I can't wait for Lady C's book to come out this month. :thumbsup2

That's what we use too. I know we have a DVD player somewhere, but I couldn't tell you where it got put. Too many things hooked up to the tvs.

OOOHH that sounds lovely!

Well, I got the bright idea to reorganize my bedroom closet yesterday. So now my spare bedroom is covered with piles of clothing I'm slowly going through. I suppose I have to finish it today, but I've lost motivation. LOL!

lol....probably shouldn't have shown you the picture really....lol...not very encouraging I guess!!! It really is a lot of fun, but it`s not for everyone.....

The crown jewels are supposed to be something to see.....I honestly don`t remember them as I was around 5 when my sister was training to be a nurse in London and we went down. Everyone was impressed, but I never went back as an adult to see them in many visits to London. My over riding memory of that first trip was being terrified in the Underground....purely because I was underground.....we lived in a small village that had two buses an hour and a once a week train......lol...not really but you get the idea.

I will read her book, not fond of Lady C at all. But, it`ll be a fun read I think. Harry has blown it big time.

I think he`ll love the cognac, he does love good quality stuff like that. I`m not a cognac drinker in any way.....

Oh good luck with the project!!! I love organising rooms and closets....yes, if you lose motivation it can be hard to get back into it.

Picked up Tom and as predicted he hadn`t touched a drop of alcohol.

Had a wander round with them and found out our friends now have ducks???? Duck a l'orange anyone....:rotfl: They like ducks was the answer to why they got them! They`ll have pigs next....guarantee it. And his man shed is very large!!!!

Then someone had sent me the video of the VA plane with the Millennium Falcon livery taking off for the last time up at Manchester Airport this morning :sad1:...…..the pilot did a final wave to everyone watching by banking it to the side three times just after it took off. Sad to see such beautiful planes go for scrap.

Virgin planes all have their own names and some of us did get rather attached to them....yes, ridiculous....but we`ve flown them so many times......I do think the Jumbo Jet is one of the most majestic planes in the sky and the Virgin ones in particular.

Time for afternoon pot of tea and we do have scones.....bought from the bakery in the village though....not home made. They are so much better than mine though.....

Ooh, some day, I’d like to visit Schumi and share a pot of tea and scones. One of my favorite two things. I buy scones too, as have no desire to try to bake them when it’s warm out. I have only made them for holiday gifts, but not every holiday. We like to rotate some of what we bake. The only two we have to bake are chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies. The first to go is always the chocolate, then the peanut ones, then the rest of other. I think one year, we did blueberry scones. They were perfect with my tea that year, as several I removed from the baking tray I bring every year to share with my office, before all were told it was here.

And McK, while I am not the biggest horror fan, I have enjoyed laughing at and by others. Robo and I had a very good laugh at one lady’s response,and what she said. I have to say, even some of the costumes are so well done, I enjoyed looking at them so closer. I will say, some of the smells in some of the houses were not my favorite, nor the loud sounding beeping in one of the houses last year. Am looking forward to sharing some HHN fun with other homies this Fall. So far, thinking two nights will be enough for me.

Have fun going through piles, McK.
Would you believe I got motivated and have started on the drawers? LOL!
And yeah, one too many visits to Applebee’s, and nope, never again to our local one. Much better elsewhere.
I only like Applebees at night after 9 for half price appetizers and drinks. But we still don't go very often.
lol....probably shouldn't have shown you the picture really....lol...not very encouraging I guess!!! It really is a lot of fun, but it`s not for everyone.....
In all fairness, and I think I mentioned it before, one of my dd's has been dying to go for a few years now. She's shown me videos for a while now so I am pretty familiar with the terror, lol! My youngest now would like to go, and her boyfriend. I may be off the hook! But I maybe could muster up the courage. Liquid courage, that is......
I will read her book, not fond of Lady C at all. But, it`ll be a fun read I think. Harry has blown it big time.
I honestly never heard of Lady C until recently, when her upcoming book has been mentioned. I don't know much about her, except that she has written other books on the Royals. ?? Anything that exposes Me-gain Markle is a plus for me. She's such a fraud... in her own words!
Had a wander round with them and found out our friends now have ducks???? Duck a l'orange anyone....:rotfl:
LOL! DH has a friend from work that gives us chicken and duck eggs from time to time. The duck eggs give me a little gag... lol! Not for any reason, but they really aren't much different than the chicken eggs. They're bigger and have a waterproof coating on the shell, but otherwise they're fine. I can't get my head around them sometimes though.... kinda like frog legs. They don't taste bad, but I get skeeved by the though of what they are.
And McK, while I am not the biggest horror fan, I have enjoyed laughing at and by others. Robo and I had a very good laugh at one lady’s response,and what she said. I have to say, even some of the costumes are so well done, I enjoyed looking at them so closer. I will say, some of the smells in some of the houses were not my favorite, nor the loud sounding beeping in one of the houses last year. Am looking forward to sharing some HHN fun with other homies this Fall. So far, thinking two nights will be enough for me.
We've been watching a lot of youtube videos of Uni for the past few weeks and it does intrigue me. HHR would take some 'gearing up' to do, but I'm not ruling it out. I just need people to hide behind!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter