Something About Nothing............ #14

Oh up when the alarm sounded, but so enjoying not being busy right away. I did make my tea though. And since DH wanted to burn some more wood last night, one load of wash done already, and now linens are in the washer. Hence, will happily wait for my shower, until the linens come out of the dryer. Freshly washed towels, oh yes.

Since a lazier day, I will cook a breakfast. Yes, bacon, eggs and plain and peppery cheese hash browns, and maybe some waffles too. And was so nice to watch the sun come up outside my window. But yeah, it is a Friday, woot by the way, but traffic heard and even heard the train horn. Must be quiet enough to hear it, though two train stations are only about a mile and a half and almost 2 miles away. We like where we live, as train into the City is about 1/2 hour. A bit more, and the City station is also the Amtrak one, so easy to catch a train to NYC or DC. Though we sometimes drive to DC, we rarely drive to NYC. Train makes getting around so easy when needing City time. With the virus so scary still, little one wants to go back to NYC for a short trip this summer, as the camp closed this summer, so she does not have a summer job now. I will see. Train is advertising discounts for summer. Maybe. Just not really ready to travel much this summer.

Robo, hope you get some good news with your health, and yes, even around here, we have doctor visits and procedures on Sunday. Sometimes I prefer, as usually not as busy. Though I also do on week days, as they can be not as busy too. Yeah, there has been no mention of how busy our local hospital has been. I assume as we enter green, hopefully in the next 2 weeks, more routine visits to the hospital will make it busier. While I know they have been treating virus patients, there has been no news saying the hospital has been overwhelmed. And news has now been saying, all deaths recently were from the virus, but many were not, but counted anyway. Why, you say? All about the money. If they check off was a virus death, the hospitals get more money. I agree with MonyK, news can be so misleading. Sigh, sorry Robo, I hope you are feeling better today, and hope you can enjoy some fun with family this Father’s Day weekend. Nice they are coming to visit.

Hey Keisha, ah yes, though I live in a closer to City neighborhood, I hear the birds when I wake up at 4:30, and I also get the joy, if my neighbor opens the chicken coop in the early morning, I get some clucks too. You’d think I live in the wild or on a farm. LoL

Sweet of DH to plan the getaway for next weekend, Charade. Sadly, I can see quite a few businesses closing since they cannot survive the stopping or being able to handle the current concerns that will last for some long time.

And sadly, yeah, my dad was gone before I got married, so neither of my kids knew him. DH ‘s dad passed away when little one was 4 months old. So she does not have any memory of him. Both have seen pictures of our dads, and hear stories of them. It is good to remember those who have passed away. Those we loved, are still in our hearts.

With that, sleeping kids, so DH and I will enjoy some earlier breakfast. Older one will not care if leftover. And I will save the plain taters for little one, as she may eat a waffle, but she will not eat our scrambled eggs, nor the taters with added peppers and cheese.

Happy Friday homies.

Last edited:
Up with the birds today, no joke appears the babies are starting To join the morning choir ugh. There can be too much of a good thing.

not totally surprised but bummed that MNSSHP was cancelled last night. Do think HHN will still proceed but in revamped format as to content & ticketing options. :scratchin Wonder if amazon sells mummy dust by the ton?

Is Memphis a hot spot? Slow & steady does win this sort of race, unfortunately, it goes against my grain, admittedly animpulsive sort, uhoh... #naturalSelection lol

My lilies of valley came up lovely a month ago, seem to have spread more this year. Ok by me as I have them on a slight slope under a flowering ground cover.

Lilacs from the get go never got past little buds and none of the lovely smell, wah

Peonies are late to the party. What’s strange is the one i defiantly transferred into direct sunlight several years ago and has been just hanging o, is doing the best of them...all from the same mother plant.

Escape from New York :). Talk about irony, yet my DS is still lamenting cancelling his end of March vacation to NYC. Fact you can find the reserve to joke about it after being thru so much.

Just a personal observation but the Myrtle Beach resort we visited seemed to have a large NYC contingent. The distinctive accent had many asking ‘where they were from’. Talk about finding a great way to cleari out a hot tub or lazy river fast.

Love a quick getaway! Going to guess tix were difficult to grab with social distancing measures in the theater.

They may have started to add weekend appts to try to catch up with the backlog. Was surprised that BC/BS Highmark did wind up extending my three month authorization script for another two months.

I was hoping to do a satellite office of the small, regional hospital but when I called to schedule, the doctor had it in his notes that all imaging tests be done onsite. A bit uneasy there but it’s such a far-flung small place, parking is free at the front door...no more than 100 steps from front of building into radiology lol

Any specific precautions you plan on taking, PPE & otherwise? I was considering wearing disposable gloves. A little nervous re the dental surgery on 7/1 if truth be told. even though it is a surgical suite, going to guess the recovery room is not. Ugh

Enjoy! I honestly haven’t given the day much thought as to an organized thing for all the kids. Didn’t invite anyone over for dinner. Maybe I’ll just order hoagies & pizza

Sounds like an official celebratory day :) Not sure if that is a thing but I really like how that sounds lol

:eek::faint: The real star :) of the show is:

lol......now I know who they are.....sort of......:rotfl: Thanks for that!! I`m sure you believe me when I say I never watched that movie either.....lol.....no surprises there!!

Anything works for a celebration these days.......::yes:: I almost put the flags up when a new pair of boots I ordered arrived this morning....lol....yes, that was exciting right now!!

And hoagies and pizza sounds good to me.......can`t go wrong there......

Lunch is over......now to find something to do this afternoon. I think the aroma of tonight`s curry is making me hungry again!

Just popping in to say a quick hello. Busy at work. Thankfully, things will slow down for a while after next week.

Hope everyone is doing well. I am off today, so I am going to run out and try to find DH a Father's Day gift. I bought him a book a tshirt a few months ago but need to take DS shopping. I have to work Sunday to prepare for next weeks election but if I can get out of work in time, I may meet my DH, FIL and DS for lunch.

My dad died in an auto accident when I was 4 and my stepfather passed 22 years ago. I miss them and think of the often.

It has rained since Monday but the sun finally made an appearance yesterday. Temps were in the low 70s all week. I am hoping the weather gets back to normal before our beach week in July.

Hope you all have a nice weekend!

I’m glad we came but I got sad sitting in Bourne watching this amazing show with social spacing etc. I realized I don’t want to live in a world where this is required long term. I just don’t. I don’t want to be afraid of people or surfaces or have them cringe when another human being comes near. I want to go places and fully ENJOY them and not worry about getting sick or getting others sick or getting nasty looks for wearing a mask or not wearing a mask etc.
I hope that we get a handle on who is really vulnerable to this (clearly it’s NOT everyone) and get effective treatment &/or effective vaccine quickly.

Totally agree!

Another quick update. I just got home about and hour and a half ago. The visit with my mother was good, but short. They transferred her to a new facility today for physical rehab. Unfortunately since the facility is also a nursing home she is not allowed any visitors. I dropped off a few things that she said she wanted and then dh and I came back home. The procedure she had done is called an external fixation.
Glad her surgery went well. I hope she has a smooth and quick recovery.

I could never be one of these that plans a weeks menu ahead of time......still haven`t decided what I`m having for breakfast yet!

I'm the same way. I just cant think that far ahead.😉

Yes, I am going to say; grilled cheese is so underrated. Now the big question. Do you use butter or Mayo?

A little butter in the pan but I've started using mayo on the bread.

Eh, no mayo on my grilled cheese. I only use oleo, as I like it better than butter for grilled cheese.

Full from breakfast. And so nice out right now. That summer time is starting already as today and the next 4 days show chance of rain, and the heat index keeps rising. So ready for Summer to start tomorrow, at dinner time. May start up the grill again tonight. That kinda thought, as I usually think if dinner that day, and sometimes it changes depending on what is found in the kitchen.

Morning everyone :wave2:

2F99D500-F969-4DFC-B6B9-EC648385E0A2.jpeg

E6F62D94-D86E-4B61-B8B4-FB01B1851438.gif

0D43E547-152D-4523-AC3E-CDFFA31D3F4B.jpeg

Sun is shining this morning. Enjoying my coffee.

Looks like the deer knocked over bird bath. It’s near the bird feeder. Hubby put mixed bird seed and loose dry corn in feeder and think the deer were eating out of feeder and knocked over bath. I usually fill the feeder with just wild bird seed. Son and grandson will put it back up tomorrow. The deer, squirrels and birds all drink from it.

Any specific precautions you plan on taking, PPE & otherwise? I was considering wearing disposable gloves. A little nervous re the dental surgery on 7/1 if truth be told. even though it is a surgical suite, going to guess the recovery room is not. Ugh

It’s not common here for hospital MRI, CAT scan appointments on weekends. As you said, it is probably do to back log of needed scans because of canceling do to Covid. Those out patient appointments are usually scheduled during the week.

The door leading to diagnostic radiology is just a few short steps from new entrance to Orthopaedic-Neurology wing of hospital. Was pretty empty when I went for X-ray on Monday. So hopefully it will be a empty since Sunday morning and it's Fathers Day.

I will wear a mask......it’s required. I also have gloves and hand sanitizer in purse to use as needed.

I was sorry to hear you have to go through another dental surgery procedure. I’am sure your not looking forward to it. Lots of mummy dust that all goes well and you heal up and this will fix your dental issues.

My niece is a big “Nightmare Before Christmas” fan. I watched it with her when she was little. She has a lot of Jack and Sally things in her house.

1A92779F-B0C6-444B-AD4D-A6898C7A9674.gif

Loved the Oogie boogie clip. I have been to 2 MNSSHP. They are very popular as you know at WDW. Wonder if some of those fans will wonder over to HHN?

Enjoyed the Sanderson Sisters show at MNSSHP. Hocus Pocus is a classic.

All about the money. If they check off was a virus death, the hospitals get more money. I agree with MonyK, news can be so misleading. Sigh, sorry Robo, I hope you are feeling better today, and hope you can enjoy some fun with family this Father’s Day weekend. Nice they are coming to visit.

Yes, I heard that the hospitals get reimbursed an extra $ 3,800.00 dollars if cause of death is listed is Covid. That would be incentive for some hospitals to list questionable deaths as Covid.

Doing well thank you. Sitting and walking a lot better. Will be glad when MRI is done to know how far I can push things. Meds are helping a lot.

We have had Sunday appointments for things like MRI`s for years. I had no idea either until Kyle was having back surgery and he got a Sunday night at 8pm appointment. There was no one else there and quite weird wandering around an almost deserted department.

Nice to hear you all have weekend options there for diagnostic radiology. It would really help a lot here for folks who have to work during the week to have a weekend options.

But, good luck with tour appointment, hope it goes well and enjoy Father`s Day too.....and have a lovely Saturday with the family!!! We look forward to being able to do th

Thank you. Have a great time celebrating Fathers Day at your house Sunday. I’am sure you will have lots of yummy food.

The Look to give when people get to close. In the store.

2A0F1152-A04D-4028-943B-8C7CA6F31437.gif

Have a great Friday everyone.

Last edited:
hey Cam......good to see you!!! Wondered where you were.....Glad to hear your weather has improved, hope it stays that way over the coming weeks.

Have a great weekend......

Hi Robo.....I do need to watch that movie at some point I guess.......did you know MNSSHP has been cancelled for this year?

I`m shocked to hear hospitals benefit if a patient is deemed to have died from Covid!! Such a dangerous incentive.

Tom has asked for steak on Sunday.......so hopefully if this darn rain and fog ever clears, we`ll get out to grill outside!!!

@buckeev.......good to see you sir....it`s been a while! Hope all is good with you and yours.......

And it `s still raining here......but least it`s not cold.

The longest day is right around the corner now, and we are still waiting on summer.....oh wait, I forgot about the two weeks in April!!!! Yep, that might have been it........

I wa ssupposed to be doing something this afternoon......but, got distracted and never got far from the computer desk.....it can wait....some things are best put off anyway.....

Hey, a Buckeev sighting. Hope your Father’s Day weekend is fabulous and all are well and safe.

Hey, Cam snuck in here too. Glad to hear you are doing well, and had some time to relax. Hope all are well and safe as well.

Ooh, did no look at the Mouse part, but yah, Schumi, saw no Mickey Halloween parties this year. Another reason I decided to enjoy SF on the days I was going to visit the mouse. Hoping HHN still goes on, and all will have fun going to it.

A kids have awoken. Time for brunch I guess. And yes, little one turned up her nose at the eggs, though was happy I put some plain taters aside for her.

Good morning. I have been trying to call my mom today, but the phone just rings. I finally called the desk to make sure I had the correct phone number. The number is correct. I guess i keep calling when she is busy.

Glad to hear your moms surgery went well and you were able to have a visit with her....sending prayers for fast healing for her.
Thanks Robo.

The Horror Make up Show is exactly as it sounds. They show make up techniques from the movies and show clips of Universal movies including original classics and more recent like The Wolfman with Benicio Del Toro.....there is audience participation and maybe a surprise or two......very funny.....and jokes aimed at Disney are always a hit.....except for the family (and there`s always one) decked out in head to foot Mickey Mouse clothes/bags/shoes/socks....you get the picture!! it`s not to be missed!
I never understood why people wear Disney clothes to a non Disney park. I've seen some Universal stuff (Thing 1 & 2 shirts mostly) at Disney parks, but it isn't too common.

Escape from New York :).
In an odd coincidence, my husband was just watching that movie a few days ago.

Love a quick getaway! Going to guess tix were difficult to grab with social distancing measures in the theater.
I guess he wanted to go ahead and get tickets early while they still had them. I think we are going to Sweet Fanny Adams and also to a magic show. Not sure what else we will be doing.

Since a lazier day, I will cook a breakfast. Yes, bacon, eggs and plain and peppery cheese hash browns, and maybe some waffles too.
Yum! Did you same some for me?

I am off today, so I am going to run out and try to find DH a Father's Day gift. I bought him a book a tshirt a few months ago but need to take DS shopping.
What kind of book shirt? Sounds like something my dh would like.

Glad her surgery went well. I hope she has a smooth and quick recovery.
Thanks Cam.

Yes, I heard that the hospitals get reimbursed an extra $ 3,800.00 dollars if cause of death is listed is Covid. That would be incentive for some hospitals to list questionable deaths as Covid.
Interesting...

I found a new cat sitter. We are going to have a meet and greet on Tuesday.
I can't believe we are about to go out of town again already.

, I hear the birds when I wake up at 4:30, and I also get the joy, if my neighbor opens the chicken coop in the early morning, I get some clucks too. You’d think I live in the wild or on a farm. LoL
When i was a kid there was a neighbor a few doors away that still had acres of land. Didn’t farm much, still had the big old horses, a Concord grape orchard (that we would raid :)) & hen house full of chickens & a noisy rooster.

Apologies to monyk...but, By the time I was a tween, i really wanted to wring that roosters neck for waking me up early every summer day. The township then put in an ordinance that all farm animals were grandfathered in. Going forward, only further out portions of township were zoned farmland & had to have ample acreage to handle the livestock

my sister now lives in my parent’s house...pretty amazing the rooster & all the chickens are still alive 50+ years later hahahaha. Where there’s a will, there is a way to get over.

Thanks for that!! I`m sure you believe me when I say I never watched that movie either.....lol.....no surprises there!!
Are u a Tim burton fan? One of his best IMO.
My dad died in an auto accident when I was 4 and my stepfather passed 22 years ago. I miss them and think of the often.
Hopefully, it’s now with less pain.
A little butter in the pan but I've started using mayo on the bread
I’m mayo inside grilled cheese all the way. GD won’t touch the stuff but says I make the best ones (will take that secret ingredient to the grave with me lol)
Loved the Oogie boogie clip. I have been to 2 MNSSHP. They are very popular as you know at WDW. Wonder if some of those fans will wonder over to HHN?
Doubtful, so many complain about villian characters being there along with ‘witchcraft’ influences from Hocus Pocus :tilt: the ‘subversive’ Nightmare Before Xmas movie’s influence is another component that just gets reamed.

If the above contingent does decide to attend HHN, especially without doing their research, i dread reading these boards Be prepared for an onslaught of whining how HHN is ‘not’ MNSSHP & the inevitable moderator wrangling to keep the peace.

I’m predicting many HHN regulars being frustrated over dealing with throngs of miserable little kids & their parents. Going to be a real train wreck if U doesn’t amp up the non-kid friendly aspect of the event.

I never understood why people wear Disney clothes to a non Disney park. I've seen some Universal stuff (Thing 1 & 2 shirts mostly) at Disney parks, but it isn't too common.
You have a contingent who is there unwillingly, likely just to see HP, wearing their ‘colors’ to proclaim their allegiance lol. Also, Commonly done for special attention, especially with U face characters
I guess he wanted to go ahead and get tickets early while they still had them. I think we are going to Sweet Fanny Adams and also to a magic show. Not sure what else we will be doing.
Smart man

Charade......hope you get through to your mum and are able to chat with her, it’ll do you good to talk to her.

Yes, never understood the desire to wear clothing in favour of the opposite park......some of the TM are hilarious when dealing with the Disney wearing folks......they do tease......and all in fun!

Keisha.......ah, yes, not a fan of Tim Burton at all......I find him a little odd.

As to HHN this year, I would hope with the limiting of numbers they enforce an age limit. Ban the little ankle biters that have no reason to be there, they would count as numbers......::yes::

It would make sense to put an age limit on the event this year.....bring back the scare factor :thumbsup2

Where has Friday night gone!

It has passed so quickly......dinner was lovely, then zoomed a few folks......and then chatted the night away with my husband.......

Listened to the Mamas and the Papas for a change, hadn’t listened to them for ages! Love California Dreamin‘.......

But think it’ll be an almost early night......it’s 11pm but still quite light outside........longest day on Sunday.

Bacon in the morning........😍

Not a bad first try!

Looks really cute!

The garden is very green this year
The garden is very green this year!

Now I'm hungry for a grilled cheese.....

Trust me, it is on my list too for this weekend. Once you get a craving.

He planned it for next weekend.

Oh, how fun!. Absolutely love that area!

We have an Apple tree and the deer get all the Apples every year.

LOL, that is why we planted the trees in the first place. Planted then when the boys were little because they wanted the deer in the backyard. 10 years later, they have still never seen a deer in the backyard. They are sneaky.

It was very nice today and sunny. It was in the upper 80’s with a gentle breeze. I was able to sit up more today and walking is definitely easier

Thats great to hear! Back problems can be so tricky.

but where we used to live in Scotland, yep, plenty of mountains and I miss that.

Where we were raised in California, we lived at the bottom of the foothills. The mountains were north of us. When we moved here, my mom said, "there are no mountains I dont know which was is north" to which we reminded here of that little "N" on her rearview mirror.

Is Memphis a hot spot

Last week, they were debating the official classification. I havent heard anything this week, but the number continue to spike. We now have to wear a mask if we are in Memphis. At work, when we are in our workspace we can have it off, but when we engage with customers it needs to be on.

I only use oleo

?? Have never heard of that?

I`m shocked to hear hospitals benefit if a patient is deemed to have died from Covid

Its kind of complicated. It is not all patients, just those on medicare, which typically pays less than typical insurance to the hospitals. We actually had the reverse happen. There was an outbreak among students at a university. They went to clinics who didnt report the cases. Total was about 160 students so far.

.they do tease......and all in fun!

Oh, I would love to see that.

Should have done the gardening last weekend. Tomorrow is mid 90's and sticky. Hoping it wont take me too long. I actually have to into a grocery store tomorrow. My delivery didnt have what I need for Fathers Day breakfast. Wish me luck. I havent been inside a store since the beginning of March.

I reserved my room for a quick trip in September but havent booked the flights yet. Kind of waiting and seeing as the prices are ok, but dont want to get stuck if things go south in Florida.

Finally got in touch with my mom this afternoon. She's doing as well as can be expected. She was complaining that the food at the rehab place isn't any better than the hospital food. At this point she doesn't know how long she will need to stay there.

We did a little shopping this afternoon. I picked up a few of those 1 ounce bottles of hand sanitizer to take with us when we go to Tennessee. I much prefer soap and water, but these will be good to have in a pinch.

I have never been to HHN, but I think having an age limit is probably a good idea. Do they shut down the children's rides during HHN? I know Busch Gardens in Williamsburg closes the children's area on their Halloween nights.

Where we were raised in California, we lived at the bottom of the foothills. The mountains were north of us. When we moved here, my mom said, "there are no mountains I dont know which was is north" to which we reminded here of that little "N" on her rearview mirror.

Its kind of complicated. It is not all patients, just those on medicare, which typically pays less than typical insurance to the hospitals. We actually had the reverse happen. There was an outbreak among students at a university. They went to clinics who didnt report the cases. Total was about 160 students so far.

Oh, I would love to see that.

Should have done the gardening last weekend. Tomorrow is mid 90's and sticky. Hoping it wont take me too long. I actually have to into a grocery store tomorrow. My delivery didnt have what I need for Fathers Day breakfast. Wish me luck. I havent been inside a store since the beginning of March.

I reserved my room for a quick trip in September but havent booked the flights yet. Kind of waiting and seeing as the prices are ok, but dont want to get stuck if things go south in Florida.

lol.....I miss lots of hills and mountains......but never got lost as we always had the sea to guid us to directions......but I can see why it could confuse when you`re used to something as a guide.

Being honest, American healthcare terrifies the living daylights out of me, and most Brits too. It`s so different to what we are used to, even our Private Healthcare is quite easy and clear cut to understand.

You`d love the Horror Make up Show. It is funny and the people they choose from the audience usually enhance the show too....

We went back into the stores last week, well, me for the first time since March, Tom had been doing all the essentials up till then. And it was ok.....masks aren`t mandatory here and hardly anyone wears one, but it was ok.....and I didn`t feel everyone was carrying the plague....it was nice to get back to wandering in normality, albeit with some changes. Hope you have a nice store visit.....lol.....

Waiting sounds sensible right now.

Finally got in touch with my mom this afternoon. She's doing as well as can be expected. She was complaining that the food at the rehab place isn't any better than the hospital food. At this point she doesn't know how long she will need to stay there.

We did a little shopping this afternoon. I picked up a few of those 1 ounce bottles of hand sanitizer to take with us when we go to Tennessee. I much prefer soap and water, but these will be good to have in a pinch.

I have never been to HHN, but I think having an age limit is probably a good idea. Do they shut down the children's rides during HHN? I know Busch Gardens in Williamsburg closes the children's area on their Halloween nights.

Yes, children`s rides are all closed for HHN. Two of the houses start in that area where Barney/ET are. There are only certain rides open on those nights HHN is on.

View attachment 502381
May all have a very good night’s sleep!

Will leave the light on for you night 🦉

And don’t stub your toe.

No chance of stubbing toe here.....went to bed and it wasn`t completely dark, woke up around 2.30 and it was even lighter. It`s that time of year.......by 3.30am it`s completely light.

Fog has gone, rain has gone and we have sunshine finally........and maybe a high of 70F which will be lovely. A little rain forecast over the weekend then back up in the high 70`s all next week........looking forward to that!!

Will definitely have the barbecue going most of the week.....::yes::

Today is a walk either this morning or this afternoon, and no jacket required.......lunch is shrimp salad wraps and dinner is, yep.....pizza take out.....no cooking!

With Father`s Day tomorrow we plan to just have steaks cooked outside as it`s not to rain later in the day and I`ll make up some of his favourite sides.

But, going to enjoy the sunshine while it`s here........and hopefully restaurants here will be able to open July 4th.....what they`ll look like I have no idea!

cv1979-XL.jpg

cv1980-X2.jpg

fun28-M.jpg

Keisha that looks yummy. Love the Flamingo plate too!
I had similar dentist procedure, phone them to let them know you’re in parking lot. Then wait in the car for them to get you. Hand sanitizer at door, given a mask. Sign paper that you don’t have symptoms then when your seated in chair you’re given a strong mouthwash to swish around. Quite the Process

Happy Birthday to your DB Lynne!

Schumi our nice weather is at an end too. The rains are coming back yuck. For the weekend of course. Was going to have patio bbq with another couple but now that it’s going to rain all Sat - Sunday we can’t be outside so we all agreed to cancel.

Monykalyn nice pics! At wdw when they start the afternoon kids pool parties I usually relocate! Why do they need megaphones? The kids are right there ugh.
Festival of the Lion King is my absolute fav show at wdw!
Enjoy your last day. Will your girls talk you you when you return home or give you the cold shoulder?

Keisha yup. Text is only way to communicate with youngest dd!

Schumi what kind of white wine was it? Good for your mom that she can text! My DH gets frustrated with texting and prefers email lol! Poor guy.

Lynne love grilled cheese, on sourdough! Had it with my tomato soup a few days ago. So yummy.

McRose would love to see some pics! I belong to a FB group called View from my Window. It started with Covid as a way to connect people all over the world. It’s fascinating. People submit a pic from their window, and where it’s from. Sometimes a brief description of how things are going in their part of the world.
We are lucky to have it all here. Sea, mountain, forest and lakes.

Keisha yes, it is a big gulp. The new cases in FLA are astounding. I heard 4000 new cases. I can’t fathom. I’ve been thinking our Aug trip is a bust. I’ve been waiting and hoping that things there will turn around. But it’s still rising. Plus the booking procedures for what you have to do at wdw are just getting crazy. Having to reserve a park each day. May not be able to go all days. I read if you aren’t booked in a DVC then wdw May change your dates. Crazy. They seem so unorganized.

Vicki I have used both mayo and butter, can’t decide which I like best! They’re both good!
Good plan, stay safe. I think we’re all sick of this. But we have to stay the course.

McRose the headband is so cute! Love it.
The news coming out of Florida is scary. Especially the lack of hospitals and ability to care for the sick. Finally the Mayor is doing something mandating masks but the horse is already out of the barn.

KStarfish that’s going to be a tough one finding someplace secluded but entertaining for the under 7 set! What about a lakeside cabin upstate?

Charade surprise trip yay! And to revisit a show you saw on your honeymoon! Will be a much needed getaway!
I can’t believe I passed on the Horror show for so long either! Ugh.

Robo good luck Sunday. Almost there. They do testing here on weekends too.
Yes I did enjoy the massage. My back feels better. She does this muscle release movement thing. I don’t know what the technique is called but it works.

Schumi oh Hedgehogs! So cute! We were getting quite a few squirrels here so had to take in bird feeder for awhile. I had one of those outside ant hotel traps out. The kind where they take the bait into the colony. The other day saw squirrel in driveway running away with it.

Hi Cam! Glad to hear the weather is improving! It seems lots of us have lost our fathers way to early.

Buckeev:wave:

Charade I hope you get thru to your mom! Glad you found a new cat sitter!
Oh just read you did speak to your mom Complaining about the food is a sure sign of recovery!

Keisha I wonder how they’ll do HHN now with social distancing ? I think maybe a lot of people are getting fed up with wdw and the chaos and may come to HHN expecting it to be like wdw MNSSHP. EEK. That will be interesting!

Schumi I find American healthcare terrifying too. Still don’t understand it. And my mom lived in Florida and when she got ill I had to navigate thru it. I’d always call and start the conversation with please be patient and I’m apologizing in advance because I don’t understand the system, I live in Canada. Different system.
It’s 4am here, ugh I fell asleep but then woke and can’t seem to get back to sleep. Guess you’re awake now! It’s still dark here.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend. Our bathroom is almost finished. Just needs some sealant and have door put back on. Yay.

Our nice weather is gone for the weekend. Heaven forbid we should have more than 3 days of sun in a row!

Youngest starts new job Wednesday with Legal Aid of BC. She says we need to go clothing shopping for more work clothes! Some days she has to show up at court. Should be interesting. She is the pickiest person I know with clothing. Ugh.
She stopped by early evening with a box planter she made me for my birthday! A bit belated but much appreciated.

Bacon this morning! I think fish & chips tonight since we won’t be bbqing.

50416717-4D08-435D-BCD1-2D05EE6D4AB8.jpeg
For some reason beyond my comprehension, have been waking up every day this week shortly after 6 am. Would be different if i was actually productive, but just surfing the net.

Today, wanted to head out early to grab some things for family dinner tomorrow, but thick fog. Makes me nervous re deer spotting as they often are still out until mid am here.

Last night on hold for over two hours with Disney trying to ‘fix’ the auto extensions on our APHs. Only wanted one extended refunds for the others. Had already done this once but noticed in my account all were extended. Was told things should be corrected, couldn’t confirm the amounts to be refunded, or which CC or GC are involved, no idea ‘when’ the credits will be processed. Um, ok then, have a magical day.

On Monday, at 7 am, need to log in (watch their crappy system crash) and try to secure our park reservations for the three trips that still are on the books for this year...just might start the day with a Bloody Mary.

On a positive note (sounds weird), the cruiselines are extending sailing moratoriums until end of September. Hopefully, I can now get a refund for the non-refundable cruise I have booked vs a future cruise credit they were offering.

Such a strange world indeed
We went back into the stores last week, well, me for the first time since March, Tom had been doing all the essentials up till then. And it was ok.....masks aren`t mandatory here and hardly anyone wears one, but it was ok.....and I didn`t feel everyone was carrying the plague....it was nice to get back to wandering in normality, albeit with some changes. Hope you have a nice store visit.....lol.....
Welcome back :). No masks? I’m surprised. Has it ever been mandatory in pubic there?
With Father`s Day tomorrow we plan to just have steaks cooked outside as it`s not to rain later in the day and I`ll make up some of his favourite sides
I scored yesterday, they had what they called a flash sale 2/3rds off on large sirloin steaks yesterday at sams. Not expired, butcher explained they had a large delivery and had nowhere to store them in the back. picked up 3 large packages of thick sirloins yesterday at SAMs club.

May bop into the store again today to see if they put out more :). What struck me funny was the 2/3rds off price was approx a $ less per pound than before CV came to town lol

DH was happy to grab the last pkg of lobster tails. A woman saw them in his hand and asked where they were located. She starting cussing up a storm when he told her they were the last ones...as I told him: rookie mistake, don’t feed the wackos. Hahahaha It will be awhile before goes grocery shopping with me again
Keisha that looks yummy. Love the Flamingo plate too!
My oldest DS surprised me with a set of them last year, said they reminded him of me. Hmmm, cheap, tacky plastic plates, ok then :). Actually, do love flamingos, perfect!
I had similar dentist procedure, phone them to let them know you’re in parking lot. Then wait in the car for them to get you. Hand sanitizer at door, given a mask. Sign paper that you don’t have symptoms then when your seated in chair you’re given a strong mouthwash to swish around. Quite the Process
I had a packet at least 1/4 inch thick for oral surgeon, just for an appointment. Told me to be prepared to sign more on 7/1. Asked why not just do them online, said their systems no set up that way. Duh

Dentist asked oral questions the night before appointment, then the same ones in the office pre treatment.

Only GD’s ortho had the oral swish thing.

Not exactly comforting how they all have different procedures in place.

Keisha yes, it is a big gulp. The new cases in FLA are astounding. I heard 4000 new cases. I can’t fathom. I’ve been thinking our Aug trip is a bust. I’ve been waiting and hoping that things there will turn around. But it’s still rising. Plus the booking procedures for what you have to do at wdw are just getting crazy. Having to reserve a park each day. May not be able to go all days. I read if you aren’t booked in a DVC then wdw May change your dates. Crazy. They seem so unorganized.
Did you get an email from disney as to checking in online? I was surprised to get ours for PoP so early for August. Thus far glad i moved it from VWL to ASMu to Pop, hope we aren’t cancelled by WDW. Too many rumors floating around making me uneasy. Combine them with those who swear they are booked at a value and received upgrade to Poly, well, it’s a bit much to read.

Keisha I wonder how they’ll do HHN now with social distancing ? I think maybe a lot of people are getting fed up with wdw and the chaos and may come to HHN expecting it to be like wdw MNSSHP. EEK. That will be interesting!
Interesting is a really PC way of putting it lol.

HHN attendees will need to be prepared for a new mindset as things will be different. The houses could be set up with scareactors set back further (social distancing), social groups sent thru individually etc.

It’s a golden opportunity for U to up the ante on their tix prices. HHN attendees are a loyal lot.

Could consider selling an add-on daily enhanced/revised but very limited FOTL experience...priced perhaps 1/2 the cost of a public tour.

Will be mildly surprised if they still offer the traditional multiday tickets for sale. if ticket info isn’t released prior to the end of the BOGO purchase date the end of July may just grab BOGO tixs this year. I’ve been able to upgrade them in the past at the resort if we change our minds.

Yeah, I will wait to July for the BoGo sale, but I will buy them, as with any ticket, I bet I can change if I want more nights with more money.

Yeah, up to the sounds of silence, mostly, with still nary a kid up.

Yeah, little one had a doctor’s appt. finally, she said they took her temp asked about virus then was one if the quickest she ever had. I think she got lucky as she had the first appt. and no one else there. When she left, she saw 3 people waiting to talk to the check in lady. She overheard them asking questions that the lady said you could have called with that. Little one did her’s online. Then they did a reminder call the day before. Her dentist appointment got moved until later in July, and our eye doctor is MIA. Ack, I am so ready to be more “normal”.

Yeah, saw cruises now cancelled through September. I am going to try to get our no refundable deposit back and cancel our requiesg to move. While we enjoyed our past cruises, I just don’t see taking that risk, with less than all as usual, for over a year. We may try the mouse next year instead, though I am highly thinking of the dark side too. Will have to see what the kids want to do.

And Sue, our youngest would get along fine. Little one is very picky clothes and food wise. Since they were young, I have always taken both kids to pick out clothes, as I hate returns and hey, warning, if I buy it, you have to wear it. And since little one has been driving, the kids do most of the grocery shopping, so they pick out what they want to eat. I have been accused of buying nothing little one wants to eat. Sigh. At least I have only one picky eater. Older one will try almost anything, and DH will eat whatever I have.

Ah, I hear one kid stirring, older one. He was the most pleasant kid waking up, and even as an adult he is still. Little one on the other hand, you guessed it, even young, not the most pleasant kid at all. Seems the teen years are no different, and oh yeah, she’s an adult too. Sigh.

And if my much older Dsis tells me one more time my white blonde hair is fine, I told her, yeah and you just dyed your gray away. I cannot wait to be blonde, so you see no white. Sigh.

I had breakfast, left over waffle heated back up, lush with some fresh blueberries and blackberries. I told little one to pick up the blueberries as they were on sale, and oh, she called and said the price of the blackberries, and she picked up both. Both are sweet, and perfect for breakfast. With the clock closer to noon, I guess brunch will be the meal started by both kids.

Later homies, ah yes, a beautiful sunny start to the start of Summer day. And yes, the time of year I don’t wake in the dark, and would not commute home in the dark. And with the kids not in school, always enjoyed a bit shorter home commute.

And the time of year, I hear a neighbor mowing the grass. Yay!

0555F05D-CD98-4D9C-B20C-7FF2917D32C5.png

And haha,
3027059B-F61D-4720-AE44-E5081E6296A6.gif

Woot! :)

Made it to just outside Nashville yesterday - got to drive through mountains in daylight- did hit some rain but when we cleared the storm the clear air and lush green was gorgeous. Told kid to snap a pic but she didn’t. At least she pulled her head out of her journal (new ravenclaw one- that writing supply store in Diagon Alley has way too much of my money) long enough to take in scenery. Traffic south of Atlanta was god awful- wrecks everywhere. Wound through McDonough until we made it to 285 to bypass the actual Atlanta traffic- then express lane north was open- yay! But traffic put us at least 1.5 hours behind. We stopped at a sketch gas station somewhere a bit north of McDonogh (didn’t know it was so sketch until we saw bars in doors and windows- had lots of traffic) lady behind counter in full PPE, man next to her nothing, restrooms closed (which is what we stopped for). Coming back out I take a closer look at cars in parking lot- MB, Jaguar, Cadillac all parked alongside of store. WTH? That actually scare me more- it was soooo out of place. We hightailed it out of there.

Apparently dog got sick last night after chasing and eating fireflies *sigh.

weird the inconsistencies across the states- variable masks in the parts of Florida and Georgia, none at all we saw in Tennessee except employee at Panera (still curbside only) and the small highway town we just got gas at everyone had masks going into and out of the convenience store (KY).

Decided to experiment with the headband idea tonight. I used some Jack and Sally material
those are adorable! Do you have an Etsy shop?
It was very nice today and sunny. It was in the upper 80’s with a gentle breeze. I was able to sit up more today and walking is definitely easier. Enjoyed sitting in screened in porch. Hubby replaced the porch fan 3 weeks ago and it helps keep it more comfortable out there.
Sounds like a lovely place to rest! Hope the MRI goes well
swear I saw a Yeti like creature in there once.....
maybe you did? Lol
if my neighbor opens the chicken coop in the early morning, I get some clucks too. You’d think I live in the wild or on a farm. LoL
. Chickens can be surprisingly vocal. They certainly love to announce their accomplishment in laying an egg
Will your girls talk you you when you return home or give you the cold shoulder?
yeah - only Ellie (aka Diva) gives cold shoulder to her mama my oldest. And that’s hilarious - now with the puppy the chicken has to decide between ignoring her or being jealous and chasing dog off
I`m shocked to hear hospitals benefit if a patient is deemed to have died from Covid!! Such a dangerous incentive.
It’s way the “best healthcare in the world” is set up. Actually the services are fine- it’s navigating the ridiculousness of the payment structure/billing/insurance that’s insane.
Apologies to monyk...but, By the time I was a tween, i really wanted to wring that roosters neck for waking me up early every summer day.
Lol there’s a reason roosters are banned in urban areas! Our lil roo before we re-homed him would crow at EVERYTHING. And then be mad when both the hens and humans ignored him.
I’m predicting many HHN regulars being frustrated over dealing with throngs of miserable little kids & their parents. Going to be a real train wreck if U doesn’t amp up the non-kid friendly aspect of the event.
An age limit would be great. Universal isn’t afraid of the backlash either. Like you said too many loyal HHN fans. And seems they are doing a good job enforcing the mask wearing- not turning blind eye when seeing blatant disregard.
Will be mildly surprised if they still offer the traditional multiday tickets for sale. if ticket info isn’t released prior to the end of the BOGO purchase date the end of July may just grab BOGO tixs this year. I’ve been able to upgrade them in the past at the resort if we change our minds.
yeah I’m thinking of doing the same- that with my ticket from my AP May just be enough and maybe I’ll do a night tour once to be sure to see all.
would make sense to put an age limit on the event this year.....bring back the scare factor :thumbsup2
My oldest DS surprised me with a set of them last year, said they reminded him of me. Hmmm, cheap, tacky plastic plates, ok then :). Actually, do love flamingos, perfect!
LOL! I like the flamingos too. Had to get 2 wine glasses from the Flamingo casino last year in Las Vegas. I love the wine glasses too kitsch and all!

Hi everyone, went and bought a new vacuum cleaner for our carpets, I’m a very picky person when it comes to our carpets, our kitchen, dining room, bathrooms and any entry way are all tile, but I seem to wear out these things using them so much, either that or even the higher tier vacs aren’t made like they used to be.

It is kind of nerve racking to hear about all the spikes so to say that are happening, I keep on hearing of many wanting to tighten things down again, no Halloween parties at Disney did kind of surprise me, now seeing the extended cruise stuff, probably longer restrictions on International travel coming too, if things continue upward again.

Really beautiful day out.....

Going up north to the cabin for the 4th this year, 5 acres of seclusion lake front so still doing our best for a social distance getaway!

New Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited X expected in this week!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter