Something About Nothing............ #14

View attachment 503723
Ah yes, that hump of a day, Wednesday is here. And camel is looking spiffy with the reminder. And like Agavegirl said, two more sleeps and ooh la la, a Friday. Week is going fast, and so is the month of June.

And yay! With the start of July, Canada celebrates the day, and a few days later, the USA celebrates too. In between those dates, my oldest, and only nephew has a birthday. Lots of reasons to be happy next week!

So, with a tea cup in my hand, and another not so sunny start to our Wednesday. No matter, those clouds will scatter enough that by mid morning, the sun will return, and a hot day will be in the books as we end the day.

Sue, glad you have a working shower you have now enjoyed. And NY person is Kfish, not me. Though I am in the large state just below her state. As also along the NE corridor train route, so getting to NYC is a quick enough train ride. But with the virus still a scary thought, no trips are most likely going to happen this Summer. I hope our borders open for you soon, and I agree, with the mouse being so difficult to plan to get there, I am waiting until at least next year to visit. I have never had a mouse AP, and never spent enough days and I can save some money and get military tickets. I have had an USO AP for years now. Much better use of that pass, as I spend more time in the Dark Side parks, and enjoy the hotels there. And even as an also not FLA resident, Universal’s AP seemed the right choice.

Great your cat sitter may work out for you, Charade. Small world sometimes, but glad the cat liked her. Yeah, my DH is severely allergic to cat dander, and whenever we go to a home that has a cat, most of the time the cat goes to him. I swear they know. While I have had cats when I was growing up, having them in my married life, nope. When we got married, and in our home, I said I was getting two cats. His response got a hey, that was a deal breaker had I known before we got married. LOL. As he is not allergic to dog danger, two yellow lab puppies arrived. After having a boxer following those labs, DH is eager to have a chocolate or black lab. Whenever we get one, color is not what I look for, the dog’s faces and demeanor is more my choice. And so far, the dogs we had were great, loving, kind dogs.

Ah, it is past the what for breakfast time, as hungry. Maybe older one will make some waffles. Yeah, that may be my late breakfast. Off to see what the kitchen has to say, as to what looks good to eat.

Wonderful Wednesday to all the homies. Stay happy, safe, healthy and hydrated

Waffles and tea sound excellent Lynne......perfect start to the day.....

Baking hot here.......in for some shade and prepare some sides to go with lunch.......

Humpty hump day! Trying to work up the necessary enthusiasm to groom & bathe my pooch today. It’s 50-50 at this point :)
F25259FC-B4EC-4D35-9319-1C9985460F6C.jpeg
The kids are doing well...Trey is due for a promotion in the fall and Danielle is now the sole owner of the pizza place since her partner sadly passed away last month after a hard fought battle with cancer.
Aw, but you must be so proud. You’ve done a great job with them! Thought of you when I came across the husky meme
We do have a trip to PCB planned for July and hopefully we will make it ...one of the workers at the pizza place tested positive for Covid and both Danielle and Trey had to be tested this week. The results should be back tomorrow and if either one tests positive the trip is off since it's less than 2 weeks until our vacation
Ugh, good luck, nobody wants to “pass” that test. Did they get the new ones or the brain massage ones with the incredibly long swab?
2. She has a son who plays in the NFL.
And she works as a cat sitter? Lol. Love to read the stories of the kids who make it & then gift Mom with a new house/car to show their appreciation

Nice you did find a cat sitter though, not an easy thing.
yes just buy another AP sheesh. Cheap! No. The wdw APs are over $1100 for out of state. And not dvc member. It’s ridiculous. Since they had that major AP price hike I stopped buying AP. I don’t know why they make non residents who live furthest away buy the top tier AP.
Well, DVC shut down the purchase of APs lol

Supposedly, today WDW will permit people to add tix to resort only rooms wherein they become packages (much more restrictive cancellation periods usually). No idea how that will play out for those who only need tix for one person in group. Will let others sit on the phone today to get those details & share lol
Lynne well done NY! Your Cuomo has done a great job.
He’s all ours now :). Always liked him, moreso now. Miss his daily, soothing, ‘fireside’ chats.
Keisha lol that dog!! Glad you finally got what you wanted for wdw. What an ordeal.
A molehill but it seems a mountain when there are few other distractions
You’re right, Disney not doing well and alienating their core. If we are finding all this too much I can’t imagine how a newbie will cope
Believe that is theIr ultimate goal...have people cancel after they get sick of jumping thru hoops.

What’s making me nervous is, based upon my reading threads yesterday, approx 20% of disgruntled posters are stating they have had it and are heading to Universal for their first trips back to Orlando.

Selfishly, really don’t want to see park attendance there rise to the point where you need a reservation to enter the parks to comply with social distancing.
I can`t worry anymore......I genuinely do believe if we don`t go, we`re not meant to go
Wish i could adjust my mindset to that but i’ve always been late to the party lol.
And yay! With the start of July, Canada celebrates the day, and a few days later, the USA celebrates too. In between those dates, my oldest, and only nephew has a birthday. Lots of reasons to be happy next week!
Enjoy, Gotta look for any reason to celebrate these days

Humpty hump day! Trying to work up the necessary enthusiasm to groom & bathe my pooch today. It’s 50-50 at this point :)
View attachment 503729

Aw, but you must be so proud. You’ve done a great job with them! Thought of you when I came across the husky meme
Ugh, good luck, nobody wants to “pass” that test. Did they get the new ones or the brain massage ones with the incredibly long swab?

And she works as a cat sitter? Lol. Love to read the stories of the kids who make it & then gift Mom with a new house/car to show their appreciation

Nice you did find a cat sitter though, not an easy thing.

Well, DVC shut down the purchase of APs lol

Supposedly, today WDW will permit people to add tix to resort only rooms wherein they become packages (much more restrictive cancellation periods usually). No idea how that will play out for those who only need tix for one person in group. Will let others sit on the phone today to get those details & share lol

He’s all ours now :). Always liked him, moreso now. Miss his daily, soothing, ‘fireside’ chats.

A molehill but it seems a mountain when there are few other distractions

Believe that is theIr ultimate goal...have people cancel after they get sick of jumping thru hoops.

What’s making me nervous is, based upon my reading threads yesterday, approx 20% of disgruntled posters are stating they have had it and are heading to Universal for their first trips back to Orlando.

Selfishly, really don’t want to see park attendance there rise to the point where you need a reservation to enter the parks to comply with social distancing.

Wish i could adjust my mindset to that but i’ve always been late to the party lol.

Enjoy, Gotta look for any reason to celebrate these days

lol......so funny Janet!!! I’m in!!!

I just get to a point my brain says no more. Had a conversation with a friend a few days who is freaking out over her daughter going back to work in August. She is a world class worrier!!! It’s hard some days for sure.......And as we’ve said before, if It‘s your nature to worry, you can’t really change that. Yes, we need to celebrate where we can........I’m celebrating right now......lol.....🍷🍷er, it’s Wednesday........😁

Yes, wine arrived much earlier than expected......and one was a bottle Tom had been trying to get for a while.......so we opened it at lunch and it’s just ready to pour now........lovely!!

We have 86F here today........it is boiling!!! But there is a lovely little breeze to offset the heat. Sitting in the shade in the gazebo......but plenty of air goes through it.........

Too early for food, but all sides are made up so just need to put them out when Tom is cooking. Just us today......which is nice too.

I am guilty of nibbling though when having a glass of wine......we have sour cream and onion chips and a sour cream and onion dip.......that works!!!

So, yes, loving this sunshine and heat.........

Hope all are good.......:wave2:

Good morning Sans family :wave2:

1BA991C8-4C30-4ED7-853B-2D38A5BA1117.jpeg

295B7935-0D00-4616-8753-B662CB911054.jpeg

C726E0C5-33AC-4819-851C-228C0FF67430.jpeg

21FC00AA-744E-4238-8EA5-B71885260891.gif

Oh Robo, hope you do feel better every day, and heal nicely. At least the MRI gave you a better view of what to do going forward with medications and care. Mummy healing dust sent. Sorry to hear of no July trip, but hoping both of us get to enjoy HHN this September, along with Schumi and Mac, and all the other homies too. And yes, I am enjoying my tea, and hope your HHN mug is full of delicious coffee.

Morning Lynne :wave2: my HHN mug is full of coffee this morning. Yes, lots of mummy dust being sprinkled in truck loads to make sure everyone is going to be able to keep their trip plans to Universal for HHN. Thank you for your healing mummy dust.

Who wants to chip in for a dump truck of mummy dust?

I will.......

Thanks for the Disneyfied vote of confidence. I rarely find myself so thrown for a loop over travel of all things. So silly, but admit I was ready to toss in the towel They aren’t doing themselves any favors alienating their core base(s), those who would gladly visit even with the cloud of corona hanging over their heads.

Stock holders are not very happy with how they are handling things either. All agreed shut down needed to take place, but they should have used that time to figure out how to open slowly and figure out a system to help people settle canceled reservations and had a system worked out for those who needed rebook.

Oh rental cars shocked even us this year.....when we looked in May for September, it was around $3,000 for our 26 nights.....SUV, so nothing exceptional.....I`d expect a Bugatti Veyron for that!!! That`s almost the cost of two flights, not quite, but getting there. Haven`t looked recently, but I`m sure it`ll come down. Thing is, in all our trips we always have a car, wouldn`t be without one as we like to get around, so it`s always worth it for us.

Wow......that’s a lot for a car rental.

Yes, I`m a big believer in hope.....and if things don`t happen, well, they weren`t supposed to....everything happens for a reason, i`m a firm believer in that. Sorry, your July trip didn`t happen either.....but you should be good in September.

Mummy dust right back at you Robbie.......:wave2:

I agree if it’s meant to be it is......will look forward to a September and see what happens.

Have a lovely day in your garden enjoying your warm temperatures.

BUT.........hair salons will open up July 4th!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: Our Boris made the happy announcement today!

Great news.....I know you are looking forward to your salon visit.

Have to think the parents would have a much better time if they used a babysitter.

I know.

Hi everybody :wave2:

Hello Tink :wave2: great to see you post. You have been missed here. I hope that the Covid tests come back negative and your trip goes as planned. Sorry to hear about your daughters partner in business passing. Great news on Treys promotion. Hope things are settling down for you now and you are feeling better. That’s a long stretch of days to work in a roll. Take care:hug:

huge truckload of mummy dust headed to Universal so that HHN is a go. I am still going, regardless, but am hoping to join a private tour one night, and having some Autumn scary fun.

I think at this point I would probably go regardless too. The vacation will do a world of good for sure.

t the new cat sitter today. I think I am going to like her. Caspian seemed to. I learned 2 interesting things about her today. 1. She used to work with one of my closest friends. 2. She has a son who plays in the NFL.

Great on the news of finding a new cat sitter. Hopefully her son is helping her enjoy a comfortable life being an NFL player. A couple of years ago while I was at Mall Millenia an NFL player was in Louis Vuitton showering his mom with gifts.

Prayers for quick healing.

Thank you.......hope your mom is doing well.

It was wonderful having my bathroom back this morning!

Glad to hear your bathroom is all done.

I’ve had name mix ups too, with me and my sister-in-law. We are both Susan’s and we have the same last name being married to brothers. When I first moved here, my first job, the boss hiring me lost my phone number so looked it up and phoned my sister in laws number thinking it was me to offer me the job!

Small world.....my sister-in-law and I have the same initials. Same first name, of course same last name and our middle names are different, but both start with L.

She told be a few years ago when they still lived in Indy that she received a call from a well know OBGYNs accounting office telling her she was delinquent on paying her bill after her hysterectomy operation. She told the office they had the wrong person (the person they were wanting to talk to had same name as sister-in-law) and thank you very much, but she still had her uterus.

Glad you got the MRI results and no fractures. What are they doing for bulging disc? Glad the meds are helping and you’re feeling better every day.

Steroids and other meds, rest and PT.

I know I saw those comments on the boards too of folks who said they were extremely upset with Disney and would vacation at Universal instead. Will see what happens.

Sun is shinning this morning and high supposed to be 82. Looks like it’s going to be a beautiful day. I’am going to set out in the sun a little.

Have a great Wednesday everyone.

Robo, good to hear from you, and hope your healing is going well. Yay, for HHN mug full of coffee. Take care, and enjoy your Wednesday.

Schumi, yep hot here, as full sun mid morning as predicted. Nice you go your wine delivered and enjoying some delicious wine.

Yeah, ready for some lunch soon.

Good morning....quick stop in to say hello!! Brian and I are working on staging the house today we have a few more rooms to go. Hoping to have the professional photographer in a week or so. The teens are both working from 3-10 so we won't be interrupted.

Weather here is humid and cloudy. Burgers and macaroni salad tonight for dinner.

I was happy to see Six Flags Great Adventure is opening in NJ in July. I am watching so I can make reservations for a day or two!!

I feel bad for all the universal workers! I hope the theme park can get back on track financially soon. I was just thinking if Brian went down there to work a couple of months ago he would have gotten laid off. Everything happens for a reason.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Wednesday indeed. Still work from home, although last week it looked like I may have been back to onsite visits this week...until they ramped up testing of workers and residents (routine mostly as it is a CMS and health department recommendation prior to opening for visitors) and what do you know? Whole stinking bunch of positives!! So far only 2 workers and 2 residents out of over a hundred (probably closer to 200 with all the staff and including the independent and assisted living side) with symptoms. So that area is "spiking" and a "national hot spot". Gotta just love the media "spiking" fear without the whole dang picture grrrrrr.
So have spent the morning on the phone trying to talk to administrator of one home I am supposed to be in today-so far I've talked to floor nurse, social services coordinator, MDS coordinator, admin secretary, and the dietary manager trying to get the admin LOL! Oh well it was so nice to say hi to all them!!
Oh and I found a great deal on Groupon for a 1/2 day at a gold mine with panning lessons. So called to book that for our South Dakota trip next week-will be panning for gold on the 4th of July!
Liv just got her acceptance letter she will be transferring as a junior since she got her Associate's in May
Yay Liv!!! We will be back down in August to help mine move in. They are doing "phased" move ins-so hoping she can choose the date and it works with the week of condo I booked - and flight tickets home. At least everything has a flexible change policy right now.
Pop up tents for fireworks?? Wow.....I`m sure they`ll appeal to some though.
Ooooh boy I think the explosives side of you would probably -well explode- at the amount of fireworks in our state. At least in normal years. Firework tents are waaaaayyyyyy less this year-supply issues from China probably. My chickens will be quite happy this fourth I think with most celebrations cancelled.
over a year is finally resolved!!!!!!!!
:dancer::dancer::dancer:happy dance indeed!!!! That must have been a huge happy surprise!!
My salon called, appointment on the evening of the 1st of July.
Yay!!! I know I felt so much better getting my hair done-even if few people see it still!
APH now emerging as a known issue but of a can’t fix it
OMG, I am waiting a couple more weeks, but I am about done with DIsney-may try to escalate and get a refund for the unused portion of our passes. The way they are doing this is ridiculous.
Disney did tell me they should start selling tix again ‘this summer’ & in same breath suggested I just buy by DS an APH. Sure, let me go and pick some money off my tree, i’ll BRB
Yeah - big fat NOPE here.
I play it safe way too often. Just keep reminding myself that I work to be able to go on trips and oh yeah and health insurance.
yeah it's hard to take that leap for sure. I did it a few years ago by taking a position that paid more, but no option for health insurance. At the time DH had it through his job-until they stopped all salaried and made all go to independent consultants. We've been navigating the private market for health insurance for over a decade now-and until the last 2 years wasn't bad at all. Has gotten progressively worse since...OTOH I can take jobs I truly want without being tied to insurance. It is incredibly freeing.
This is gonna drive me to drink. Where is my Diet DP?
I think you need the fully leaded full sugar stuff to deal with Disney LOL
91 the high, with close to that humidity.
Wow summer jump start! Is your area going to get the Sahara dust cloud? our news is saying starting thursday or friday the sunrises/sunsets should be incredible due to the dust. Not sure how my breathing will be but at least outside will be pretty.
LOL....it’s kind of addictive.......all in kidding of course “BLAME MAC”.....LOL.....she is the “TRUE HHN FAN” she taught me well in the art off enjoying HHN to its fullest. RIP public and private tours, Unmasking Horror Tour etc....She is responsible for helping many folks navigate setting up their HHN visit to make sure they have the best experience posssible.
Um yeah-DD and I have talked it up too much and DH really wants to tag along with us this year...
They’re for sure testing a lot more folks in Florida, but from what I can see they are not delineating, those that are positive and not sick, those that are positive and have mild symptoms and those that are very ill in the hospital. So it is skewing the curve.
and they were reporting positive antibodies lumped with positive PCR-and one of the blood donation centers started testing for antibodies in late May...
I have felt better every day. Walking better, sitting longer.
Good News!! Hope everyday is a noticeable improvement now
I do however, like dogs
Are you sure about that? Even if the thing sits on you?
Nemo.JPG Hard to work when he tries to push me out of the chair
.one of the workers at the pizza place tested positive for Covid and both Danielle and Trey had to be tested this week.
ugh hope they are negative. Or maybe positive if no symptoms and get it done with?? I don't know what to think anymore. Was the employee symptomatic?
2. She has a son who plays in the NFL
What team? Glad you found a new cat sitter!
Much better I’m not much of a pop drinker but sometimes I want one. I prefer the regular drinks too but my condition doesn’t allow it, not that I’m not above cheating occasionally:ssst:
It was wonderful having my bathroom back this morning!
yay for the new bathroom! Does your diet stuff have the option of Stevia?
brain massage ones
:rotfl:

gratuitous pic of one of my "babies"-she snuggles right in when you pick her up
Baby Bella
Bella.JPG

And a pic of the stage for Horror Makeup show. They put masks on a few of the heads, and there are face shields, spray bottles and giant pump bottles of hand sanitizer on the stage-all of which they work into the show now.
HMS.jpg

I suppose "lunch hour" is over. Better get back to work.

MonyK, I hope not, as we are Northern. Poor older one has asthma, so I will warn him. Masks are all the rage here anyway. Well, most. Seems news said sand in the air helps those in the Caribbean with keeping sand on their beaches. Great pictures and yeah, my labs always claimed the best spots on the large couch we had.

Masks are all the rage here anyway.
Since I have a whole mess of them, wore one when I totally cleaned out the coop and put fresh straw in on Sunday. Will be wearing one from now on when I do that as huge difference in breathing after! Kinda feel stupid to just find that out now LOL.

OOOH and I forgot a totally-not-humble-brag-even-though-I-can't-claim-her-but-would-if-I-could on DH's oldest
Mayo did a whole thing on the convalescent plasma team and research.
https://discoverysedge.mayo.edu/202...J_x1tdsZ3d-0uDwNxCV8pekEHW2SE6F-rbzT_QQ_BJ2TQ
Dr Katelyn Bruno-she and her boss are featured in a box 1/2 down too. These two are the ones who dissected the turkey heart last Christmas dinner :rotfl:They couldn't help themselves.

Good morning Sans family :wave2:

View attachment 503750

View attachment 503751

View attachment 503752

View attachment 503753

Morning Lynne :wave2: my HHN mug is full of coffee this morning. Yes, lots of mummy dust being sprinkled in truck loads to make sure everyone is going to be able to keep their trip plans to Universal for HHN. Thank you for your healing mummy dust.

Stock holders are not very happy with how they are handling things either. All agreed shut down needed to take place, but they should have used that time to figure out how to open slowly and figure out a system to help people settle canceled reservations and had a system worked out for those who needed rebook.

Wow......that’s a lot for a car rental.

I agree if it’s meant to be it is......will look forward to a September and see what happens.

Have a lovely day in your garden enjoying your warm temperatures.

Great news.....I know you are looking forward to your salon visit.

I know.

Hello Tink :wave2: great to see you post. You have been missed here. I hope that the Covid tests come back negative and your trip goes as planned. Sorry to hear about your daughters partner in business passing. Great news on Treys promotion. Hope things are settling down for you now and you are feeling better. That’s a long stretch of days to work in a roll. Take care:hug:

I think at this point I would probably go regardless too. The vacation will do a world of good for sure.

Great on the news of finding a new cat sitter. Hopefully her son is helping her enjoy a comfortable life being an NFL player. A couple of years ago while I was at Mall Millenia an NFL player was in Louis Vuitton showering his mom with gifts.

Thank you.......hope your mom is doing well.

Glad to hear your bathroom is all done.

Small world.....my sister-in-law and I have the same initials. Same first name, of course same last name and our middle names are different, but both start with L.

She told be a few years ago when they still lived in Indy that she received a call from a well know OBGYNs accounting office telling her she was delinquent on paying her bill after her hysterectomy operation. She told the office they had the wrong person (the person they were wanting to talk to had same name as sister-in-law) and thank you very much, but she still had her uterus.

Steroids and other meds, rest and PT.

I know I saw those comments on the boards too of folks who said they were extremely upset with Disney and would vacation at Universal instead. Will see what happens.

Sun is shinning this morning and high supposed to be 82. Looks like it’s going to be a beautiful day. I’am going to set out in the sun a little.

Have a great Wednesday everyone.

Yes, it is a lot for 26 nights. We were looking at around half of that usually, maybe even less. I think everything was shut down more or less, so that`s probably why it was ridiculously high. Haven`t looked for a while.....will wait till we are definitley going to check again.

Thank you, will just keep fingers crossed, and yes, will be hapy to get this mop of hair cut soon!!!

lol....it`s scary how easy mix ups can happen with same/similar names......

Yes, lots of people are seemingly heading for Universal instead of Disney......I`m imagining strollers by the thousand in the future!!!!

Enjoy that lovely weather.......

Wednesday indeed. Still work from home, although last week it looked like I may have been back to onsite visits this week...until they ramped up testing of workers and residents (routine mostly as it is a CMS and health department recommendation prior to opening for visitors) and what do you know? Whole stinking bunch of positives!! So far only 2 workers and 2 residents out of over a hundred (probably closer to 200 with all the staff and including the independent and assisted living side) with symptoms. So that area is "spiking" and a "national hot spot". Gotta just love the media "spiking" fear without the whole dang picture grrrrrr.
So have spent the morning on the phone trying to talk to administrator of one home I am supposed to be in today-so far I've talked to floor nurse, social services coordinator, MDS coordinator, admin secretary, and the dietary manager trying to get the admin LOL! Oh well it was so nice to say hi to all them!!
Oh and I found a great deal on Groupon for a 1/2 day at a gold mine with panning lessons. So called to book that for our South Dakota trip next week-will be panning for gold on the 4th of July!
Yay Liv!!! We will be back down in August to help mine move in. They are doing "phased" move ins-so hoping she can choose the date and it works with the week of condo I booked - and flight tickets home. At least everything has a flexible change policy right now.
Ooooh boy I think the explosives side of you would probably -well explode- at the amount of fireworks in our state. At least in normal years. Firework tents are waaaaayyyyyy less this year-supply issues from China probably. My chickens will be quite happy this fourth I think with most celebrations cancelled.
:dancer::dancer::dancer:happy dance indeed!!!! That must have been a huge happy surprise!!
Yay!!! I know I felt so much better getting my hair done-even if few people see it still!
OMG, I am waiting a couple more weeks, but I am about done with DIsney-may try to escalate and get a refund for the unused portion of our passes. The way they are doing this is ridiculous.
Yeah - big fat NOPE here.
yeah it's hard to take that leap for sure. I did it a few years ago by taking a position that paid more, but no option for health insurance. At the time DH had it through his job-until they stopped all salaried and made all go to independent consultants. We've been navigating the private market for health insurance for over a decade now-and until the last 2 years wasn't bad at all. Has gotten progressively worse since...OTOH I can take jobs I truly want without being tied to insurance. It is incredibly freeing.
I think you need the fully leaded full sugar stuff to deal with Disney LOL
Wow summer jump start! Is your area going to get the Sahara dust cloud? our news is saying starting thursday or friday the sunrises/sunsets should be incredible due to the dust. Not sure how my breathing will be but at least outside will be pretty.
Um yeah-DD and I have talked it up too much and DH really wants to tag along with us this year...
and they were reporting positive antibodies lumped with positive PCR-and one of the blood donation centers started testing for antibodies in late May...
Good News!! Hope everyday is a noticeable improvement now
Are you sure about that? Even if the thing sits on you?
View attachment 503824 Hard to work when he tries to push me out of the chair
ugh hope they are negative. Or maybe positive if no symptoms and get it done with?? I don't know what to think anymore. Was the employee symptomatic?
yay for the new bathroom! Does your diet stuff have the option of Stevia?
:rotfl:

gratuitous pic of one of my "babies"-she snuggles right in when you pick her up
Baby Bella
View attachment 503827

And a pic of the stage for Horror Makeup show. They put masks on a few of the heads, and there are face shields, spray bottles and giant pump bottles of hand sanitizer on the stage-all of which they work into the show now.
View attachment 503828

I suppose "lunch hour" is over. Better get back to work.

Monyk......the heatwave we are having right now is down to the Spanish Plume......few years ago we could clearly see red dust over the car and windows....all the window ledges outside were covered too.......everything was being cleaned constantly. But, so far we haven`t seen a lot of red dust around.

Yes, I think a lot of folks will be happy with less fireworks around. Won`t happen here in the UK. We`re lucky where we are we don`t really get bothered by them, but where we used to live....it was a much larger place than here and everyone and their granny had fireworks going off almost every night for weeks before Bonfire night/Christmas/New Year.

Hope you`re doing good.......

It really has been so hot today.....thanks to the Plume........

85/86F but feels much warmer out in our garden......I would say mid 90`s. Such a lazy day but it was lovely.......

Good food and nice wine, can`t go far wrong with that. Back inside now as it`s a little breezy again which is lovely, as it is cooling the house down a little.

No room for anything else tonight........Tom cooked up a lovely little feast for us.

Hayfever is nasty right now.....grass pollen is high over here so very stingy eyes tonight......

Enjoy what`s left of Wednesday........

It has been such a beautiful day today. Sunny, warm, and a slight breeze. I like to call it perfect theme park weather. I, of course, was stuck inside all day. Today I got to play Apple consultant. We have a client who is in her mid 60's and the only one my boss will see in person right now. Boss had the client bring in her iPad so she could show her how to log onto the telehealth site. The client has a new IPad Pro that she does not know how to use. I had to walk her through some of the basics.

I’ve had name mix ups too, with me and my sister-in-law. We are both Susan’s and we have the same last name being married to brothers.
I used to attend church with identical twin men who both marred women named Judy. The two Judys looked enough alike to be sisters. They were always confusing people.

Charade yay you found a good cat sitter and Caspian liked her. Cats can be so fickle.
We used to laugh, our cat would find the one person in the room who didn’t like cats and sit on them. Strange creatures.
Typical cat behavior. My husband is the non cat person int he family, but he is the one that Caspian will allow to hold him the longest.

Yeah, my DH is severely allergic to cat dander, and whenever we go to a home that has a cat, most of the time the cat goes to him. I swear they know. While I have had cats when I was growing up, having them in my married life, nope. When we got married, and in our home, I said I was getting two cats. His response got a hey, that was a deal breaker had I known before we got married. LOL. As he is not allergic to dog danger, two yellow lab puppies arrived. After having a boxer following those labs, DH is eager to have a chocolate or black lab.
They do know. I actually tested positive for both cat and dog allergies, but mine are mild. I am okay with the one cat and would probably be okay with just one dog.
She says she loves her job as a pet sitter. She used to work in mental health, so I can see where animals would be better.
There is another former NFL player from my town that bought his parents a very nice, new house a few years ago. His father was a disabled vet, so the house was designed for his comfort.

I don't know much about him, but from what little I've heard he sounds like someone who will make sure his mom is taken care of.

He's played with a few, but recently signed with the Redskins.

Only cats allowed in my house:
Love the puzzle.

We leave tomorrow to head for Tennessee. I guess I should start packing.

Time to send the cat patrol out to look for Mac!

Did manage to reassign 2 PH tic over to jr, have him booked 2 days at mgm with us in sept. Then he will be Along for the full U portion. Did book his tix on SWA reward points Jik. Need to Take a leap of faith & dive back in and book ours now while some dates/times still reasonable

Let’s ‘hair’ it for Carole! Do u have the salon on speed dial to grab an appt?

tock holders are not very happy with how they are handling things either. All agreed shut down needed to take place, but they should have used that time to figure out how to open slowly and figure out a system to help people settle canceled reservations and had a system worked out for those who needed rebook.
I refuse to look at our accounts, I just can’t

nice to hear you are doing well!
So called to book that for our South Dakota trip next week-will be panning for gold on the 4th of July!
That sounds amazing! Never been, must have Pics pls

Time to send the cat patrol out to look for Mac!

Did manage to reassign 2 PH tic over to jr, have him booked 2 days at mgm with us in sept. Then he will be Along for the full U portion. Did book his tix on SWA reward points Jik. Need to Take a leap of faith & dive back in and book ours now while some dates/times still reasonable

Let’s ‘hair’ it for Carole! Do u have the salon on speed dial to grab an appt?

I refuse to look at our accounts, I just can’t

nice to hear you are doing well!

That sounds amazing! Never been, must have Pics pls

Was just saying the same thing to mac in an email!!!!

lol.......they still haven`t updated their outgoing phone message....grrrr.......I`m not a patient person as you know!!! May casually wander past tomorrow and see if the owners are there doing any work on the place......it`s set off the main road in a little mews area, so maybe a little wander will reveal something.

Good news for DS......and good luck on the diving back in........you`ll do fine......

I really should be in bed......been up so early last few mornings......and no snoozing!!!

Grilled burgers! Woot! Little one wants fire, as s’mores are on her mind. Maybe. Was a nice afternoon, and hope all have a lovely evening.

Yeah, hope Mac recovered from her Taco Bell run yesterday. Sending mummy dust all is well.

Had a nice long reply typed and it went poof into cyberspace :badpc:

Thanks for the warm welcome back everyone :grouphug:

Glad to report that Danielle's test came back negative as well as 3 other employees. Trey's results are supposed to come back tomorrow with the rest of the staff.

Monyk...the employee who tested positive only had a headache and loss of taste and smell with no other symptoms.

Janet...I think they had the test with the long swab but I'll have to ask to be sure.

Buckeev...good to hear that your toothache is better. Hope you get your Disney mess straightened out soon.

And where is mac?:sail:hope she's okay.

Back to work today with only 5 days this time. It was a nice rainy day with mild temperatures...strange to think that it was hotter at schumi's place than here in GA.

Time for me to get to bed as I have an early start tomorrow.

Good night everyone...sweet dreams :goodvibes:cat:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter