Something About Nothing............ #14

Ah yes, the day of the week Mac looks forward to a no cooking dinner, and a Taco Bell one.

Woot! Taco Tuesday is here. And hope all enjoy a taco or two today.

Still 45 degrees out, but those 70’s will be on the thermometer by the afternoon. And while the weather guy said it will be a mostly cloudy day, the sky is clear right now, and was a beautiful bright sunrise. Warmer weather, yay!

Grey start Schumi? Hope the rain holds off that you decided to take that walk. And yes, agree the moon was not as big looking or special as said to be, but was nice to see it so white in the clear night sky. Hope you got some tea this morning.

And so, tea for me. Warm feeling in the house, so may put an ice cube in it. Don’t need to feel that warm.

And yes, Mac, hope shorter lines this Fall. And I’ll join ya as a bag holder for three rides in the Fall.

Ooh tea time. Yay more tea for me. And a breakfast hunt. Seems the danish I bought the other day are gone. So cereal it may be.

A very good morning to all the homies this Taco Tuesday morning.

Yes, the moon is still pretty to see, was a little cloudy here last night but we did see it.

I love Danish Pastries.....and yes, nice mug of tea went well with breakfast....glad your weather is improving.

Turned out much nicer than forecast. No rain, very cloudy but sun came out and I did need my sunglasses after a while.

Did our usual 6 miles, feel very comfortable doing that now. Doubt I’d have done it so easy 5 weeks ago.

Time for lunch though. Some lovely turkey breast slices with large salad to the side......making a balsamic and honey dressing for the salad though....

And water.....lots of water.......

Yeah, we still have indoor eating limits too, Mac. Hope you are two of the six tonight.

No clouds yet, as so sunny out. Love the house so bright inside. Sorry to hear rain came for Schumi. At least a nice walk and tea was had before rain came.

Tea has been quite nice, and no ice in it now, as feels a bit cooler inside now.

Terrific Taco Tuesday, indeed. Hope all are doing well, including mummy dust well wishes to Pumpkin.

B21959A3-8CCB-43D5-AABA-66E5F222AA68.jpeg

Three things on my mind this morning :)

New CDC mask recommendations out today, to be elaborated upon by the President.

Apple releasing privacy settings in IOS 14 update (you need to opt “in” vs out as the norm. Finally, can avoid beingtracked re spending/browsing on apps even when not using them (FB i see u)

The great state of WV, perennial punchline, that has been be stellar in their ahead of the curve vaccine efforts...now, is going to pay folks to line for the vaccine. File it under whatever it takes:thumbsup2 do wonder if people, being people, will ahem double dip
A pound and 1/2 of ground beef made into meatballs, cooked in red sauce, with pound of spaghetti cooked. Shredded some mozzarella to toss with the pasta and meatballs. And what is left? A small handful of pasta. Did put in refrigerator, but thinking it will disappear before the night ends. And I’m full.
Going that route today. What I call a clean out the fridge day

Pulled out of freezer: precooked bone in chicken breast & 4 italian sausage links. Will fry sausage, onion, peppers, garlic & celery along with regular italian seasonings with some crushed red pepper. Add in some precooked al-dente pasta (probably bow ties) & can of lightly smushed tomatoes. finish it off with baby spinach & cherry tomatoes just until they start to wilt. Top it off with some fresh grated Asiago.

Wish i had mushrooms :)
Congrats. I have a feeling that will be another coaster I skip.
I did try for the PH preview. Is it wrong to say I was greatly relieved we were shut out?
I am curious to see how they will develop Sam's character.
It definitely needs fleshed out. Keep forgetting to check to see what avenger/marvel series is next up to bat
I’ll be standing next to charade while others are doing that coaster ride...

we will hold their bags a or belongings for them

we will do that because we are good homie

As we fear those tall heights for that ride
I plan on finding the perfect spot to look up & oooh & ah as the family glides past me.
In febury line waits were long when I did the Seuss ride
When I return in the fall would hope the line Does not have long waits
Other than cat in the hat, most of those rides seem so slow loading even pre-Covid. I do appreciate their social distancing efforts in the lines & attractions
I`ve had the ever nice Tom tell me to give someone a chance, but then he usually agrees, but there are times we both have exactly the same feeling about someone we both just met...
Double whammy indeed. Those wolves in sheepie clothing are generally outed quick enough.
Hope you got that sorted! How does that even happen. Returned calls are much better than waiting on hold....that is soul destroying!
This is at least the 2nd time a individual day tix has vanished from our account.

The 2nd call did clear the issue, they reinstated it. However, found it amusing the ‘helpful’ suggestion I received from them...

If you have multiple tix in your disney account, even if one is an activated AP, you should log into your account and ensure the system hasn’t used it that day. :scratchin Just another testament to their lousy computer system(s).

And yes, Mac, hope shorter lines this Fall. And I’ll join ya as a bag holder for three rides in the Fall.
Gives new meaning to being left holding the bag :)
Did our usual 6 miles, feel very comfortable doing that now. Doubt I’d have done it so easy 5 weeks ago.
Isn’t it great to be able to say that ?
Taco Bell now is open inside
They only allow a small number people inside though.
Are you going to brave it?

Local McD not open yet here. No idea if that’s regional or not. I never was one to go inside them regularly. Just wish they’d open them up & hire more staff to lessen the drive thru line. Have had more than a few 40 minute waits there to collect grub

Keisha really hope your family member is recovering well. GP has referred me back to Cardiologist for 24 hr monitor - I am still under them for similar (but intermittent) episodes 3 years ago. We have very long waiting lists here now for investigations but if I lose consciousness again have to go straight there. Could pay privately as we have a very good private hospital nearby but stable at the moment.
Squab are baby pigeons here (chefs do use them so I believe farmed). Wood pigeon are much bigger and fatter and not in the same numbers as feral pigeons that are a nuisance in town centres etc.

Pumpkin hope you feel better very soon. Have you had your first vaccination yet? Good luck on the job hunting. Em is in the same position. Getting school random cover days but wants a permanent position.

Lynne - the moon was hazy here but beautiful pictures from friends where we had our holiday home in Devon. Wish we were there!

Charade bet B is looking forward to finishing. She’s worked very hard.

Bad day yesterday - more issues from ex SIL. Won’t ramble here but very unnecessary. Think we have more to come.

So today we were up and out after the school run and went to our farm butcher - fillet steak for us tonight. Em eating out with a friend. Then a good walk in Tatton Park - another NT property not too far away. Had to watch Louie closely as the lake has blue-green algae forming which is dangerous to dogs. Took a different route and had to walk through lots of the deer - not disturbed by us at all though did put him back on the lead when nearby.
1461D691-E9BD-438A-8FC4-E4DFB953FBF3.jpeg
So home now and a quiet house so we are putting a movie on and feet up for a while.

Take care all.

We have very long waiting lists here now for investigations but if I lose consciousness again have to go straight there. Could pay privately as we have a very good private hospital nearby but stable at the moment.
Wow, that’s wild you have waiting lists for that. Good luck

Seriously, that’s the shaggiest deer i’ve Ever seen...looks like a bear’s coat lol. Ours much smoother & short haired

Yeah, we still have indoor eating limits too, Mac. Hope you are two of the six tonight.

No clouds yet, as so sunny out. Love the house so bright inside. Sorry to hear rain came for Schumi. At least a nice walk and tea was had before rain came.

Tea has been quite nice, and no ice in it now, as feels a bit cooler inside now.

Terrific Taco Tuesday, indeed. Hope all are doing well, including mummy dust well wishes to Pumpkin.

Not a bad thing with the rain Lynne, haven`t had a drop for almost 4 weeks, grass and land will appreciate it. But, yes, glad we made the walk before it arrived, although it`s not as much as forecast so far.

View attachment 570799

Three things on my mind this morning :)

New CDC mask recommendations out today, to be elaborated upon by the President.

Apple releasing privacy settings in IOS 14 update (you need to opt “in” vs out as the norm. Finally, can avoid beingtracked re spending/browsing on apps even when not using them (FB i see u)

The great state of WV, perennial punchline, that has been be stellar in their ahead of the curve vaccine efforts...now, is going to pay folks to line for the vaccine. File it under whatever it takes:thumbsup2 do wonder if people, being people, will ahem double dip

Going that route today. What I call a clean out the fridge day

Pulled out of freezer: precooked bone in chicken breast & 4 italian sausage links. Will fry sausage, onion, peppers, garlic & celery along with regular italian seasonings with some crushed red pepper. Add in some precooked al-dente pasta (probably bow ties) & can of lightly smushed tomatoes. finish it off with baby spinach & cherry tomatoes just until they start to wilt. Top it off with some fresh grated Asiago.

Wish i had mushrooms :)

I did try for the PH preview. Is it wrong to say I was greatly relieved we were shut out?

It definitely needs fleshed out. Keep forgetting to check to see what avenger/marvel series is next up to bat

I plan on finding the perfect spot to look up & oooh & ah as the family glides past me.

Other than cat in the hat, most of those rides seem so slow loading even pre-Covid. I do appreciate their social distancing efforts in the lines & attractions

Double whammy indeed. Those wolves in sheepie clothing are generally outed quick enough.

This is at least the 2nd time a individual day tix has vanished from our account.

The 2nd call did clear the issue, they reinstated it. However, found it amusing the ‘helpful’ suggestion I received from them...

If you have multiple tix in your disney account, even if one is an activated AP, you should log into your account and ensure the system hasn’t used it that day. :scratchin Just another testament to their lousy computer system(s).

Gives new meaning to being left holding the bag :)

Isn’t it great to be able to say that ?

Are you going to brave it?

Local McD not open yet here. No idea if that’s regional or not. I never was one to go inside them regularly. Just wish they’d open them up & hire more staff to lessen the drive thru line. Have had more than a few 40 minute waits there to collect grub

Will be interesting to see what Mr Biden says today......will be watching all of his announcements with great interest.

lol....you mean you don`t fancy the Velocicoaster :rolleyes1

Wolves in sheeps clothing....yes, that works. I agree you can spot a sly one a mile off......I finally can claim a talent.....lol....

That`s interesting about the Disney account. You`d think a company of that size and means would have a system so up to date and flawless. Shame as they should have.

Seriously, that’s the shaggiest deer i’ve Ever seen...looks like a bear’s coat lol. Ours much smoother & short haired

The deer around here are more of the prettier ones you see like Bambi.....lol.....but the ones up near Balmoral and further afield are stunningly beautiful, and so majestic. Seems almost a shame to eat them.....:duck:

My goodness the weather changes quickly. Went back out to drive out to a butcher we use now and again, and it is freezing now! Sun is there, but as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

One of my brother`s just called me and he said it`s baltic over there too. I think the rest of the week is to be dry, but not so warm.

I think my husband is making a pot of tea.......will warm up the hands, although I think heating will be on later.

Yes we have prettier Fallow deer too with the spotted coat - these Roe deer are still in their winter coats. Also large red deer and beautiful little Muntjac we’ve only see in Norfolk and Devon.

Ooh deer. Yeah, around here the large white tailed. Though this time of year, young have white spots on their brown.

Lunchtime yet? Will be swinging by Julie’s home for butcher’s filet. Yum. Not sure what dinner will be tonight. And yes, no pasta found in refrigerator later last night. Hungry men. Yeah, I have 2. Cries of nothing to eat will be commencing, if I say nit sure what to make for dinner. But with no rain today, even with the gathering clouds, grilling is a possibility.

Ooh deer. Yeah, around here the large white tailed. Though this time of year, young have white spots on their brown.

Lunchtime yet? Will be swinging by Julie’s home for butcher’s filet. Yum. Not sure what dinner will be tonight. And yes, no pasta found in refrigerator later last night. Hungry men. Yeah, I have 2. Cries of nothing to eat will be commencing, if I say nit sure what to make for dinner. But with no rain today, even with the gathering clouds, grilling is a possibility.

We are trying Bison filet tonight. We have a wonderful Bison supplier a little drive away from us, but Tom decided he`d like that tonight instead of my lemon chicken.....lol......he`s had it before, I haven`t, so I`m looking forward to it as a little change.

Yes, as long as the rain stays away you`re good to go with grilling outside....

Rain back on again......no plans to go anywhere tonight.

:wave2: Making an afternoon stop in.

Went for my covid test. No rapid tests here. They only use those for people traveling into the country and currently in our school system. Hopefully I get test results in 2 days :confused: It's not ideal, but with our spiking cases, and more testing done, our labs are working overtime. OH well, I'm quarantining in the spare room - just in case. I'm hoping it's just a run of the mill cold.

And...it's spring in Canada....with the appearance of snow/cold again :cold: :rolleyes2 I'm just over it already.

Good luck there! Sounds wrong to wish you a garden variety cold. Strange world lol
I am hoping for that too. Strange world when we " hope" for a regular run of the mill cold.
Unusual morning for us today. We had rain during the night, but just looks dull and grey this morning and cool at around 48F. May miss our walk today if rain comes back on. Rest of the week looks ok after today, just not as warm as we`ve had.
Sounds familiar. We lizards just want the warm weather. That's all I want.
Ooh tea time. Yay more tea for me. And a breakfast hunt. Seems the danish I bought the other day are gone. So cereal it may be.
Yum...Since I'm at home, it was coffee for me this morning with a bagel.
We have a wonderful Bison supplier a little drive away from us, but Tom decided he`d like that tonight instead of my lemon chicken.....lol......he`s had it before, I haven`t, so I`m looking forward to it as a little change.
YUM!!! We used to be able to buy bison years ago. It is rare to find it now in our area. It's not common here anymore and we do miss it.

Well, I should go whip up a little lunch. Not sure what I'll have yet. Tonight is chicken burritos with corn, black beans and rice in the instant pot. I'll tell them what to do, and they can make it.

Happy Taco Tuesday everyone!!!!

:wave2: Making an afternoon stop in.

Went for my covid test. No rapid tests here. They only use those for people traveling into the country and currently in our school system. Hopefully I get test results in 2 days :confused: It's not ideal, but with our spiking cases, and more testing done, our labs are working overtime. OH well, I'm quarantining in the spare room - just in case. I'm hoping it's just a run of the mill cold.

And...it's spring in Canada....with the appearance of snow/cold again :cold: :rolleyes2 I'm just over it already.

I am hoping for that too. Strange world when we " hope" for a regular run of the mill cold.

Sounds familiar. We lizards just want the warm weather. That's all I want.

Yum...Since I'm at home, it was coffee for me this morning with a bagel.

YUM!!! We used to be able to buy bison years ago. It is rare to find it now in our area. It's not common here anymore and we do miss it.

Well, I should go whip up a little lunch. Not sure what I'll have yet. Tonight is chicken burritos with corn, black beans and rice in the instant pot. I'll tell them what to do, and they can make it.

Happy Taco Tuesday everyone!!!!

Think your quotes are mixed up a little...it was me with the Bison.......it was ok, not something I`d rush to buy again, but Tom likes it.

Oh how strange, it`s gone really cold here too.....we have a real feel of 1c (32f) tonight....crazy! Hope yours picks up too. And yes, us lizards do gravitate naturally to the heat.....

Hope you feel better and yes, hope it`s a run of the mill cold......enjoy the rest of your day pumpkin......

Dinner was nice...not great for me, but ok. Tom enjoyed the bison even though it was the filet. Usually he`s more of the T Bone or sirloin fan, but he enjoyed it. I`d have preferred my lemon chicken.

Had half a mango and a yoghurt, now having tea.

Rain is bouncing down outside and hopefully it`ll be gone for the morning.

Feet up time......

Popping in to say hello. Busy with this and that.... Hope everyone is well.

Excited to be checking into RPR is a week. Called and reserved T3. Hoping with the new CDC regs, masks will go bye bye soon, at least walking around the parks. Would love it if it happened next week. Now I need to get the summer clothes from the attic to pack. DS has outgrown everything and since clothes shopping has not been a priority or a pleasure over the last year, I had to order t-shirts and a pair of flip flops for him. Hopefully, everything will fit. I think DH and I are set although I may pick up some new flip flops and sneakers.

I finished listening to Magpie Murders. I enjoyed it and will probably read it's sequel. I did read that it is being adapted into a series so that should be interesting.

Warm weather this week. Hi 80s today through Friday. That will get me ready for the low 90's in Orlando next week. So looking forward to it.

Dinner will be marinated beef tenderloin. I have been really sticking to lowcarb the last 10 days. I want to lose 10lbs (pandemic pounds) before we go to FL. Halfway there......

Phil Davis is a classic Brit actor, he`s good in anything he does. He was in a fabulous tv show a few years back called Whitechapel....cancelled after 3 seasons, but if you see it on Netflix it`s worth a watch.

I will have to check that one out. I have started Wallander with Kenneth Branagh (Gilderoy Lockhard). It is pretty good. Reminds me of Shetland a bit. Kind of dark and moody.

That is great. You will be ready to hit the parks when you get the all clear.

Yay for Cam traveling in a week! Woot! And yeah, kids grow fast. Or forget their bathing suit, good thing there was an Amazon locker near the Dark Side, as well as having mixed shoes in the early flight realization, good thing a Nike outlet near the parks too. Hope you enjoy the extended Mardi Gras decor and food.

I read the cdc report today of masks not necessary if people are fully vaccinated and you are outdoors.

no idea how the Orlando parks will go along with that.
I doubt they will ask to see your shot card to prove it

GA does not have a mask mandate but I still wear mine out of the house
If booster shots do become required, my time would not be due until September.

So lynne... you have had to go shopping when in Orlando for the kids.

I had to do that the first year I took my boys to Disney.
Good thing I had a car rental that year !

Forgive me, but I'm going to go off on a rant. Today I had 2 people (potential new clients) request appointments. These were done via email. The first asked for a late afternoon appointment. I offered her Wednesday at 4:30. (one of only 2 late afternoon appointments available with this therapist) She replies asking if she could have Thursday at 4:30 because her husband will be home to watch the children. The second one was looking for an appointment for her teenage daughter. Said she needed something after 10:30. I offered Tuesday at 11:30. No, that won't work. She needs something Monday, Wednesday, or Friday. Argh!
If you know that you have very limited availability it really helps if you mention that up front. Most clients will schedule the same day and time for weeks or even months out, so it's not like I can juggle the schedule and get a new person the day and time that want it it isn't already open. Okay, off my soapbox.

I’ll be standing next to charade while others are doing that coaster ride...

we will hold their bags a or belongings for them

we will do that because we are good homie
I just ask that if you have several items to hold that you put them all in one bag. Remember my last Busch Gardens trip?

Self cleaning house.....now there`s an idea!
I'm interested!

Taco Bell now is open inside
They only allow a small number people inside though.
I don't think any of our fast food places have opened their dining rooms yet. I just wish my favorite Chinese restaurant would open theirs.

Some may try. I would hope they have a way of preventing that.

Took a different route and had to walk through lots of the deer - not disturbed by us at all though did put him back on the lead when nearby.
I don't think I have ever seen a shaggy deer like that.

Hope you get the results quickly.

Excited to be checking into RPR is a week. Called and reserved T3. Hoping with the new CDC regs, masks will go bye bye soon, at least walking around the parks. Would love it if it happened next week. Now I need to get the summer clothes from the attic to pack. DS has outgrown everything and since clothes shopping has not been a priority or a pleasure over the last year, I had to order t-shirts and a pair of flip flops for him. Hopefully, everything will fit. I think DH and I are set although I may pick up some new flip flops and sneakers.
I saw a T3 recommendation somewhere else today. What is special about T3? I can't remember which tower we stayed in when we were there.
I was so happy when B topped growing. Especially her feet. Dance shoes can get really expensive when you have to buy new ones every year and sometimes twice a year.
I read the cdc report today of masks not necessary if people are fully vaccinated and you are outdoors.

no idea how the Orlando parks will go along with that.
I doubt they will ask to see your shot card to prove it

GA does not have a mask mandate but I still wear mine out of the house
If booster shots do become required, my time would not be due until September.
My guess is the mask rule will stay in place since there will be crowds of people.
When I was in GA everywhere we went most people were still wearing masks. I'm certain some people will continue to wear them in public even after all mask mandates have been lifted.

Hoping I can sleep tonight. Mom has her oncology appointment tomorrow and I am anxious to hear what the doctor has to say.

Hoping some good news for your mom, Charade. Yeah, stinks when people don’t say up front the times they are available.

Well, at least availability has significantly increased in vaccine sites close to us. Both kids got their first shot today, right after lunch, as made appointments for them earlier in the day, at a place right down the street. This afternoon, booked mine for tomorrow morning, at same place, and cancelled my Friday one that was about 1/2 hour drive away. So far, both kids said they had headaches starting a few minutes after shot. But when I said you could take drugs when they got home, both said, will see if it goes away. Neither said head hurt by dinner time. And so far, that is only side effect they have commented on. No sore arm, and can’t even see where needle went in on both. So I am hoping no side effects or minor one like the kids got.

And yay, since both little one and I will be fully vaccinated more than 3 weeks before our planned NYC trip, our June NYC trip is a go. And yes, we will still be wearing masks, and trying to stay outdoors most of the time. I felt safe enough staying at the Dark Side hotels last Fall, so I am comfortable with the NYC hotel, and it’s the same one we have stayed at twice before. Train tickets and hotel both bought months ago, and glad I did, as more expensive for both now, and when booked both, train fare and hotel reservation were both fully refundable until day before use. Local train used to connect, we can buy those tickets the day before we leave. No reason to buy them in advance. Just have to see what the local train schedules are, so as to get us into station in time to connect to train into NYC. Will be nice to be back. We enjoy our time there.

And so, close to my bedtime, as still will be up early as will work until lunchtime. Then taking the afternoon off, as not sure how I will feel after the close to lunchtime vaccine time.

Good Night homies. Let those night owl homies entertain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter