Something About Nothing............ #14

Keisha......love the pictures......you are having the best time I know.....that pool looks amazing and getting it to yourself is always wonderful! Keep the pictures coming if you get the chance......

bobbie......glad you enjoyed the coaster, it does look so much fun. Sorry your daughter didn`t want to ride it and hope she overcomes her fears of crowds soon, it`s not fun feeling like that.

Thank you.....we do love our food and that`s the main reason we`ll never be skinny. I have done ham with crushed pineapple, brown sugar and ginger and it`s beautiful. i do like cooking it in the slow cooker or Aga as it ends up like pulled pork and not a joint you can slice, but it`s so tender, it just melts.

Hope all is good with you, weather sounds amazing for you.....and glad you`ll all be vaccinated soon.

Dinner was indeed lush, turned the liquid into a nice thick sauce, so tasty and very gingery so didn`t think they`d be keen on it, but they loved it. Happy smiley faces all round......especially mine to see clean plates and not a drop left over.

No room for dessert......not even a yoghurt.

Rain has gone off and sun is shining, but more rain and high winds to appear during the night and early morning. If we don`t get out a walk tomorrow, I`ll do some baking and cooking I think.

Time for tea now though......pot being made as I type......

Ooh be over for tea at Schumi’s. Will make some tea after dinner.

Light rain on and off today. Late lunch means late dinner. Burgers requested, so burgers it will be. Some will be cheeseburgers, some not. May do on grill, as not raining now.

Bobbie, great you got to ride, and sorry Liv not good with crowds. As she’s the same age as my little one, if we are both down at Universal some time, will let ya know, maybe she’d like a friend to hang with, while us moms chat.

Hi All,

Quick pop in for a catchup. We fly out tomorrow so I have packing to do tonight. After pulling our summer clothes from the attic, I am very much looking forward to doing some outlet shopping. I really need to freshen up the wardrobe. I can't believe it is already here. I think we all are looking forward to the break.

I had a busy weekend. Worked the bazaar to benefit the children's hospital. It was outside and very windy but all in all it went well and we raised a couple thousand dollars for the hospital. Came home a planted my vegetable garden so hopefully it will grow a little while we are gone. Tried to do a little shopping on Sunday but I wasn't very successful in finding anything.

Fellas had dinner out after getting haircuts so easy peasy.

Hope everyone has a great night.

Good evening. Nothing much going on here. Two of my new T-shirts arrived today. Yay! Then I spent an hour on hold with DIsney to confirm that I had made arrangements for transportation to and from the hotel.

We ran a couple of errands late afternoon and went out for a casual early dinner. And tonight we are going to one of our favorite pizzerias. The make their pizzas rectangular in shape....not sure why?? Maybe for more crust...they have great crust!!
We have a place here that serves rectangular pizza. It reminds me of the pizza that was sold in the school cafeteria.

Girls trip bucket list!
I'm in.

Brian and I rode the new Velocicoaster yesterday. The teens decided not to go. Liv struggles with the crowds right now. The coaster is amazing, it is a high thrill coaster so it might now work for everyone.
Most likely not for me. Glad you enjoyed it.

Time for tea now though......pot being made as I type.....
Today has been a dreary, rainy day, Tea sounds lovely.

Quick pop in for a catchup. We fly out tomorrow so I have packing to do tonight.
Have a great trip.

I'm off to find something to do while dh is at his class. I was just looking at my Facebook memories. Six years ago I was struggling to turn this

into this

I don't miss the dance hairstyles.

I was tied up a lot today and just now playing ketchup on the sans

Was hoping to see charade post a count down picture tonight
Hint hint ....

Sounds like many will be having delightful weather Tuesday

My area will have a day like Noah’s Ark so I’ll be spending quality time with my cats and reading the Dis tomorrow.
But not a bad thing to stay in the house for the day.

I can remember when Lynne shared a prom pic of her daughter
Probably had to been when she was 15-16?
I’m stunned lynne writes her girl is halfway finished with college !
I always thought it was so cute she referred to her as the little one in her posts
Many of us have watched homie’s offspring grow up

And then we have peeps like me that talk more about my cats/ dogs than kids ..

Its close to midnight so tucking all to bed and wish you sweet dreams...

Hi All,

Quick pop in for a catchup. We fly out tomorrow so I have packing to do tonight. After pulling our summer clothes from the attic, I am very much looking forward to doing some outlet shopping. I really need to freshen up the wardrobe. I can't believe it is already here. I think we all are looking forward to the break.

I had a busy weekend. Worked the bazaar to benefit the children's hospital. It was outside and very windy but all in all it went well and we raised a couple thousand dollars for the hospital. Came home a planted my vegetable garden so hopefully it will grow a little while we are gone. Tried to do a little shopping on Sunday but I wasn't very successful in finding anything.

Glad the weekend`s benefit went so well, it`ll be very much appreciated, sounds like a lovely event.

And have a wonderful trip cam.....weather is getting very hot down there, today looks sizzling!!! But, I`m sure that`s a bonus....... ::yes:: Look forward to hearing all about it......

Good evening. Nothing much going on here. Two of my new T-shirts arrived today. Yay! Then I spent an hour on hold with DIsney to confirm that I had made arrangements for transportation to and from the hotel.

We have a place here that serves rectangular pizza. It reminds me of the pizza that was sold in the school cafeteria.

I'm in.

Have a great trip.

I'm off to find something to do while dh is at his class. I was just looking at my Facebook memories. Six years ago I was struggling to turn this
View attachment 572603

into this
View attachment 572604

View attachment 572605

That is a lot of hair!! wow.....you did well managing to get it up in such a neat bun.....

I was tied up a lot today and just now playing ketchup on the sans

Was hoping to see charade post a count down picture tonight
Hint hint ....

Sounds like many will be having delightful weather Tuesday

My area will have a day like Noah’s Ark so I’ll be spending quality time with my cats and reading the Dis tomorrow.
But not a bad thing to stay in the house for the day.

I can remember when Lynne shared a prom pic of her daughter
Probably had to been when she was 15-16?
I’m stunned lynne writes her girl is halfway finished with college !
I always thought it was so cute she referred to her as the little one in her posts
Many of us have watched homie’s offspring grow up

And then we have peeps like me that talk more about my cats/ dogs than kids ..

Its close to midnight so tucking all to bed and wish you sweet dreams...

I think we may be on that same ark today mac......although not raining right now it`s forecast again with 50mph winds this morning......but, right now it looks like they got it wrong again, just a little breezy.

Spending the day with the cats after a busy day is always nice though.......

Going to try and get out walking this morning, if not will go get some fresh produce from a farm store who also stock a delightful range of ethnic products too, I pick up a lot of ingredients from them and could do with a few extra items right now.

Also need to go look for some gifts for several birthdays this month.....and so it starts. First four months I only have a couple each month, but it progresses from May onward. Some I can order online, but some I like to choose myself.

Pulled pork for dinner tonight, pork has been in the slow cooker all night, and made the bbq sauce last night, so will mix them together later with sweet potato wedges and will pick up some veg today to roast off.

Spoke too soon, rain is on and wind has just got up.

Time for a second cup of tea before breakfast which is poached eggs as we had a drop off yesterday from the farm......I handed in a load of baking to them the other day, so this is their way of a thank you.....but I do the baking and cooking for them because they always give us so many fresh eggs......never ending circle......but so nice.

i-FmmN8pN-S.gif

i-MVLDbn9-Th.gif

cv31-S.jpg

cv117-M.jpg

Have a wonderful and happy Tuesday ::yes::

Cam, safe travels today, and nice to raise that amount for charity.

Yeah, Mac, I’m joining you in that Ark. While a very hot day, rain to fail with that summertime type thunderstorm in the late afternoon and evening.

High 80’s today, but so does the rain come. Good thing I’m getting my haircut today, right after screen turning off. As at home, I rarely dry my hair other than with a towel. With rain most likely rain will be falling as go and come home, so I’ll tell her don’t bother with the hair dryer.

And ah yes,
CBEE3FB8-13C7-4687-B775-C676805B4E4B.gif

Yay, the day of the week Mac has her make dinner replaced with a eat out Taco Bell one.

And so, an overcast start, with a light drizzle that will make visibility low at times. Eh, only place I need to go is the hair salon, so will not do that lunchtime walk in the rain. Will be seeing what my phone says as to when the rain will arrive. Woke up a few times in the overnight, as yep loud enough rain to be heard. And also made DH restless, as he went to bed right after diner, as felt tired. Sigh. Hence, hope to have a more sound sleep tonight.

A terrific Taco Tuesday homies. And have some tea too, like Schumi and I.

Oooh, need to enjoy some more tea, and a hint for that looks good to eat. Breakfast time.

Good Morning and a soggy hello. :wave2:

Afternoon all. Safe travels to Cam. Enjoying vacation photos from all who are travelling. Charade B’s hair was awesome. Is it still so long? L’s is naturally very curly and did not begin to drop with the weight for a few years! Schumi’s ham has got me planning a visit to one of our butchers for a piece this weekend. Hope Lynne has a successful haircut.

I have been so anxious and wrapped up in documentation the last couple of days but hopefully sorted one thing this morning so after that we went for a drive out for a change of scene and called at a couple of places.

DIL has started her maternity leave and DS is on leave so they have booked us for an (undercover) outdoor meal tomorrow but forecast is not good so we may postpone it.

I’m struggling to get started on our book club choice but will try again this afternoon as looks like rain will arrive soon.

Have any of you had to do the two step process to post on the boards ?

this has happened again for me today
Seems strange to get the message again this month.

Have any of you had to do the two step process to post on the boards ?

this has happened again for me today
Seems strange to get the message again this month.

Not that mac, but I have had issues with multi quotes several times this last week or so......but managed to log in fine....after I remembered my changed password of course...... :blush:

Multi quote isn`t working for me today.....:confused3

But....Lori....I know I`ve seen lots of pictures of your daughter, but she really is beautiful.....and very photogenic. Glad they`re having a lovely trip, yes, they work so hard for their degrees, they absolutely deserve to have some fun.

Rectangular pizza is good.....heck any decent pizza is good. Enjoy.......:)

Lynne....I do like Earl Grey, but I`m the opposite of you, I prefer it and afternoon pot and breakfast tea in the morning. Glad you`re having some lovely weather......

We did manage our walk this morning, just over 5 miles today, but after lunch the wind began to howl and it`s now around 50mph and rain is heavy. 42f, but real feel is 32F. No plans to go out at all.

Ham smells delicious, will definitely cook it in ginger beer again.....looking forward to enjoying it later.

But, had a lovely lazy afternoon. Got some phone calls done and everyone was in today due to weather. Managed to read some of the new book group choice and it`s ok, but quite light weight, much prefer a book to get your teeth into. And enjoyed a pot of Lapsang Souchong tea with some mini muffins, blueberry and cherry flavours.
Thank you for the kind words Carole! I'm most certainly biased, but I think she's pretty awesome!!

the perfect first cuppa tea in the am is followed by a dip in the empty pool!
View attachment 572430View attachment 572431View attachment 572432
Waiting for soarin then lunch

Practice at 7 & 1from home

Girls trip bucket list!

Had to pick my jaw up off the floor lol

Yes! Great start

Absolutely

That sounds yummy

Is is such a beauty & brains too. Perfect combo
Aww thx! She's a keeper!

Your live updates are food for the soul! Thank you for taking the time to do them and hope your trip continues to be fantastic!

:wave2: everyone I hope everyone had a nice weekend. It has gotten very hot here and my pool is finally reaching 83 degress:yay:. Have been enjoying it daily as it is good exercise. We did have some algae problems Brian noticed the salt water cell was broken and not producing chlorine, we replaced it treated the pool and good to go. I was reading there will be a chlorine shortage this summer, so glad I have a salt water pool that generates it.

Brian and I rode the new Velocicoaster yesterday. The teens decided not to go. Liv struggles with the crowds right now. The coaster is amazing, it is a high thrill coaster so it might now work for everyone. The themeing and queue were really cool, but the coaster was much better. There are 2 launches within it and they are fast. We sat in the front seat, it was worth it. The trains are comfortable, love the lap bar only, the seats were good, you can have some wiggle room with them if you choose. It is a smooth coaster however, you will be thrusted a bit side to side. There is plenty of air time if you like that. I can have a tendency to get disoriented if the elements are to close together and I didn't get that at all. I was worried about it, but was happy at the end. I hope everyone who wants to ride it next trip can. If you have any questions please ask.:)

We had chinese last night, tonight is plant burgers and fried rice, tomorrow is home made pizza. I have to figure out the rest of the week.

The teens are getting their first Phizer vaccine on Wednesday, then the second at the end of the month. They will both be full vaccinated before disney. Brian will get his first dose of Phizer at the end of the month then will finish right after our trip. I will be last and not get my first dose till middle of June. There is a 6 to 8 week waiting period between last dose of vaccine and mammograms. I am on a strict schedule and I am due in June. If I start now I won't make the window. I was originally scheduled for the Johnson last month but it got put on hold before I could do it. I am okay with waiting, it is a personal choice for everyone.

I would like to give a quick belated Happy Anniversary to J'aimeParis and Mac :flower3:, I hope you had a great one

Charade :jumping1: on the countdown to Disney. I enjoy your countdown pics. I hope the college works out for B for a "normal" college experience.

Keishashadow Nice pics and glad you are enjoying the trip. Too bad people just can't get a long with others and enjoy themselves. Life is too short! I am glad you got ROR I am going to have to practice. Have a great rest of the trip:)

J'aimeParis Good luck on the sale of your condos. It is a great opportunity. A win is always nice no matter how much, congrats. Glad you enjoyed the party.

Pumpkin Sorry you got sick but so happy you are feeling better:goodvibes. Getting outside sometimes can help you feel better.

DLPN great pic, thanks for sharing, I am hoping to make it on there next month.

Lynne Glad you are expecting nice warm weather. Shorts and flip flops are my favorite clothing. :cool1: for your NY trip in a few weeks sounds like fun. Sounds like your DD has a good plan with commuting, always a great option.We still don't do inside dining yet either.

Carole I hope your weather cooperates at least for your walks, it makes such a difference. Everytime I read your dinner menu my mouth waters. You come up with all these great recipes. I use to just put a ham in the oven with maybe some pineapple juice, but your marinades sound so good. I hope the shrimp sandwhiches are good. Love shrimp but have to watch how much I eat. I hope you enjoy your next book:thumbsup2

RFF Glad you had a nice visit with friends, always a nice treat. I will keep positive thoughts for you on exSil. LOL! Great story about your son, I would be doing the same thing with mine:D

Robo Nice to see you posting! I am sure you are getting excited with the big even coming up. That is nice that your community pool has lanes, even if I wanted to use mine it is just a regular pool. I am trying to come up with something for our private pool. I hope all is well:goodvibes

Mac I understand about traveling to LA by yourself, I wouldn't either. I hope one day if you do want to go you can have a travel companion. I use to be bad with directions but waze is a big help!! I hope you are resting up it sounds like you did a lot. :goodvibes

Well Iam off to swim a bit before dinner. A big hello to all SANS not able to check in I hope eveyone is good.

Have a great Monday!!
The condos are seeing lots of action...

I'm sooooooo excited you rode Velocicoaster!!! We will be at Universal May 31-June 4th. Crossing fingers that we may be lucky enough to get a chance as well!!

Hi All,

Safe travels and have a super time!!!

I'm in.

Have a great trip.

View attachment 572603

into this
View attachment 572604

View attachment 572605

Thats a good head of hair, you did well!!
Yes, rectangular pizza from school cafeterias!

Glad the weekend`s benefit went so well, it`ll be very much appreciated, sounds like a lovely event.

And have a wonderful trip cam.....weather is getting very hot down there, today looks sizzling!!! But, I`m sure that`s a bonus....... ::yes:: Look forward to hearing all about it......

That is a lot of hair!! wow.....you did well managing to get it up in such a neat bun.....

I think we may be on that same ark today mac......although not raining right now it`s forecast again with 50mph winds this morning......but, right now it looks like they got it wrong again, just a little breezy.

Spending the day with the cats after a busy day is always nice though.......

Going to try and get out walking this morning, if not will go get some fresh produce from a farm store who also stock a delightful range of ethnic products too, I pick up a lot of ingredients from them and could do with a few extra items right now.

Also need to go look for some gifts for several birthdays this month.....and so it starts. First four months I only have a couple each month, but it progresses from May onward. Some I can order online, but some I like to choose myself.

Pulled pork for dinner tonight, pork has been in the slow cooker all night, and made the bbq sauce last night, so will mix them together later with sweet potato wedges and will pick up some veg today to roast off.

Spoke too soon, rain is on and wind has just got up.

Time for a second cup of tea before breakfast which is poached eggs as we had a drop off yesterday from the farm......I handed in a load of baking to them the other day, so this is their way of a thank you.....but I do the baking and cooking for them because they always give us so many fresh eggs......never ending circle......but so nice.

i-FmmN8pN-S.gif

i-MVLDbn9-Th.gif

cv31-S.jpg

cv117-M.jpg

Have a wonderful and happy Tuesday ::yes::

Nothing beats farm fresh eggs! A friend of mine had chickens for years and had trouble giving away eggs they laid so many.
Ended up giving the chickens away. The grocery store version just doesn't taste as good...

Cam, safe travels today, and nice to raise that amount for charity.

Yeah, Mac, I’m joining you in that Ark. While a very hot day, rain to fail with that summertime type thunderstorm in the late afternoon and evening.

High 80’s today, but so does the rain come. Good thing I’m getting my haircut today, right after screen turning off. As at home, I rarely dry my hair other than with a towel. With rain most likely rain will be falling as go and come home, so I’ll tell her don’t bother with the hair dryer.

And ah yes,
View attachment 572679

Yay, the day of the week Mac has her make dinner replaced with a eat out Taco Bell one.

And so, an overcast start, with a light drizzle that will make visibility low at times. Eh, only place I need to go is the hair salon, so will not do that lunchtime walk in the rain. Will be seeing what my phone says as to when the rain will arrive. Woke up a few times in the overnight, as yep loud enough rain to be heard. And also made DH restless, as he went to bed right after diner, as felt tired. Sigh. Hence, hope to have a more sound sleep tonight.

A terrific Taco Tuesday homies. And have some tea too, like Schumi and I.

Oooh, need to enjoy some more tea, and a hint for that looks good to eat. Breakfast time.

Good Morning and a soggy hello. :wave2:
Enjoy your salon visit! Hope you can duck out of the rain!

A quick good morning before heading out to work. I think we are expecting more rain this evening.

The neighbors dogs are going nuts right now. I think they are barking at the rabbits in my backyard.

One more day closer to Disney.

View attachment 572704
Yay for 18!!

Afternoon all. Safe travels to Cam. Enjoying vacation photos from all who are travelling. Charade B’s hair was awesome. Is it still so long? L’s is naturally very curly and did not begin to drop with the weight for a few years! Schumi’s ham has got me planning a visit to one of our butchers for a piece this weekend. Hope Lynne has a successful haircut.

I have been so anxious and wrapped up in documentation the last couple of days but hopefully sorted one thing this morning so after that we went for a drive out for a change of scene and called at a couple of places.

DIL has started her maternity leave and DS is on leave so they have booked us for an (undercover) outdoor meal tomorrow but forecast is not good so we may postpone it.

I’m struggling to get started on our book club choice but will try again this afternoon as looks like rain will arrive soon.
Curious....how long is the typical maternity leave by you? The US is rather unfortunately known to have extremely short maternity leaves...

The rectangle pizza was indeed yummy!! It may look to be deep dish, but isn't. The crust is thin, with a raised edge. All but 2 pieces end up having an edge of crust. It was very nice. And we decided cold beer would go down quite nicely with it!!

The action at our condos has gone at lightening speed! I was really caught off guard, and I'm still trying to process it all. We have 2 full price cash offers on both places. If everything runs smoothly, we will close on them both by mid May!
I never thought it would be this fast....we overpriced both places to have some wiggle room for negotiating.
And we were offered $10,000 cash for our parking space. A parking space!! Maybe in NYC or Boston this would be 'a thing'? Not something I was prepared for...

Need to run a few errands today. Gloomy day after a night of rain. At least the lawn was able to be mowed before it started yesterday...

Thank you for the kind words Carole! I'm most certainly biased, but I think she's pretty awesome!!

Aww thx! She's a keeper!

Your live updates are food for the soul! Thank you for taking the time to do them and hope your trip continues to be fantastic!

The condos are seeing lots of action...

I'm sooooooo excited you rode Velocicoaster!!! We will be at Universal May 31-June 4th. Crossing fingers that we may be lucky enough to get a chance as well!!

Safe travels and have a super time!!!

Thats a good head of hair, you did well!!
Yes, rectangular pizza from school cafeterias!

Nothing beats farm fresh eggs! A friend of mine had chickens for years and had trouble giving away eggs they laid so many.
Ended up giving the chickens away. The grocery store version just doesn't taste as good...

Enjoy your salon visit! Hope you can duck out of the rain!

Yay for 18!!

Curious....how long is the typical maternity leave by you? The US is rather unfortunately known to have extremely short maternity leaves...

View attachment 572719

The rectangle pizza was indeed yummy!! It may look to be deep dish, but isn't. The crust is thin, with a raised edge. All but 2 pieces end up having an edge of crust. It was very nice. And we decided cold beer would go down quite nicely with it!!

The action at our condos has gone at lightening speed! I was really caught off guard, and I'm still trying to process it all. We have 2 full price cash offers on both places. If everything runs smoothly, we will close on them both by mid May!
I never thought it would be this fast....we overpriced both places to have some wiggle room for negotiating.
And we were offered $10,000 cash for our parking space. A parking space!! Maybe in NYC or Boston this would be 'a thing'? Not something I was prepared for...

Need to run a few errands today. Gloomy day after a night of rain. At least the lawn was able to be mowed before it started yesterday...
View attachment 572723

That pizza looks so good!! Even with the dreaded mushrooms......lol......

Fantastic news about the condos Lori.....and excellent weird news about the parking space......so funny! One of my nieces lives in a rather nice area of London and she rents out a garage they have, they both work in the City so don`t need a car, but my goodness.....the rental they get for a year is eye watering! But, glad it`s all moving quickly for you both.......nothing worse than it being dragged out.

Not realfood, but I was shocked by the Maternity cover in the US. One of the HR team at RP told me it`s on par with somewhere like Ecuador which you don`t expect.

I stopped working at 6 months pregnant and went back when Kyle was 7 months old....but only part time. Mum had him for four hours in the morning Mon-Frid, so I felt I had the best of both worlds. Once we we moved to another country through Tom`s business, I stopped working for a long time, wasn`t leaving him with anyone we didn`t know. Our maternity cover in the UK is very decent, especially in comparison with the States.

Farm eggs are definitely so much better than store bought eggs.....the colour of the yolk is incredible.....

Lynne....have a good haircut......always nice to have a tidy up. Although I do love getting it blow dried too and straightened. My stylist is always glad my hair is in such good soft and shiny condition considering I wash, blow dry and straighten it every day, but I do use good products including a heat protector.......

I forget, is your hair long or short?

Didn`t get out a walk today, so baked in the Aga while I cleaned the shelves of the double built in oven.....those shelves need doing regularly as I do like them shining.

Also ironed, cleaned some windows on the inside and then enjoyed a sample of the baking with a mid afternoon pot of tea. Nice, but quite calorific!

It`s a while till dinner, sos good to wait now.

Sun is shining again, but winds are all over the place, looking out to sea it is wild out there. And cold.

Wondering if Schumi hires out?
She is a work horse!
And that’s a good thing meaning she has a tidy clean house

I am forever being teased about my home always being immaculate, but still very homely......when someone says your ovens are always so clean, why do you clean them all the time......you look at them till it dawns on them why my ovens are always so clean......lol.....

I actually (you know this as we discuss it often) don`t like housework, but it needs doing, and with both of us, we make a pretty good team. I am a bit of a clean freak though......:rolleyes1

Yum, pizza, yep, and minus mushrooms and any onions.

Well, weather has seem to hold, so lunchtime walk is to be a go. May wear sunglasses even if not. And ooh the humidity. Puffy hair day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter