Something About Nothing............ #14

Yay, Charade for 8 more days. Both my kids got the first shot, and they both get their second next week, as do I. With two of the four of us having underline health issues, there was no question we all wanted to be vaccinated. Will send mummy dust Caspian takes the medicine and behaves for annual check up. Hehe, I’ve not known very many cats or dogs that are happy they are going to the vet, and getting in a carrier.

Ooh a most pleasant sunny day, and even warmer. Yay! So bright out, and glad my lunchtime walk will be warm and sunny. Yay!

Tea refill time.

Hope all are happy, safe, and ready for the weekend.

Seems as though the whole country exhaled (no pun intended) just a bit :).

Like Lynne’s family, we will still take whatever precautions suit us, even if others consider them ‘over-kill’. Already, reports of push back from cretins to those who do voluntarily elect to take precautions above the mandatory minimum
C83FEFFB-E2B8-4B43-B7CF-333F518D368A.jpeg

Eww, hoarder’s house. Hope no critters escape from that house to your property. And yep, a tea day is today for sure,
It’s a shame as was a lovely, older house. Well kempt while the now-owner’s mother was alive. Mother was lovely, her DD who is at least a decade younger than me & worked in mental health field, was always very stand-offish.

Didn’t really have an inkling anything was off until we noticed her extended family (who lived in adjacent state) coming by to mow the grass every two weeks. Then the outdoor yard decorations started to multiply.

She loaded the house up so full that she started to move her car at night to fast food parking lots and sleep in it. Talking the front seat as the back one was packed to the roof.

She was institutionalized, such a sad story. Legal process to condem it took over five years. The zoning officers refused to enter the house it was that bad...they called it via looking thru the front, picture window.
Dog senses are off the scale for sure.
Yes, firmly believe they can smell certain illness. Also, the more sensitive ones without any sort of training have an innate ‘therapy’ dog sense where they hover & do their best to help their owners cope

In a sense, I do believe homes retain energy from their occupants, past & present. Have been in hundreds of houses as a realtor. Many seemed somber for lack of a better term. More than a few homes had terrible vibes, couldn’t wait to exit them. typically, would find out after the fact that they had ‘history’.

That said, regarding Poppy...curious if the flooring was different in the two rooms. There are dogs who have aversion to non carpeted flooring. Others that try to avoid tile or hardwood but perfectly fine with laminate without joint lines.

saw some photos on tictok of folks putting gas in plastic bags!! If that's true, I kinda hope the bags opened up in the car on the way home.....no brains at all!!
Did you see the SUV that exploded with multiple gas cans in the hatch? Didn’t see if occupants survived
hope that your day ended up being a good one Keisha!!!
Any day above ground is a weiner in my book :). Not to complain, with so many putting their plans on hold during the pandemic but, that first week back from a trip is always a challenge for me to normalize
DH had a golf lesson this morning, is watching golf on TV currently, and is playing 18 holes with some buddies tomorrow morning. When he's "in", he's "all in"!:rotfl2:
Good for him! A sure sign life is reverting to ‘normal’
Older one asked if heard about new Starbucks drink. Yeah, not sure if it sounds good or not.
The funnel cake one? Imagine the sugar & calories in that monster
I heard you have to let treated wood sit awhile before staining? Will have to look into it.
Absolutely. A good idea to let the wood set outside for a week or two before actually building the deck too. Make sure to pick a dry stretch of weather.
Fingers crossed border will be open by Oct. we should be fully vaccinated by July I figur
Oh, good luck there!
Ive heard rumours of vaccine passport. But of course nothing official. Seems all the Provinces are at different stages
My daughter graduated with her Bachelors just as Covid started. She got a box in the mail with her degree, grad cap, balloons and chocolate lol. She didn’t care, more me that was let down.
that was such a shame to see those normal rites of passage getting squashed.

I’m all for the vaccine passports but, so politicalized here don’t see it happening.
I’m in NW Georgia and it was only Atlanta that required masks to be worn.
Which is why I spend very little time out of the house.
I’m sure there is a goodly amount of crowing from people they were ahead of the curve going mask free ugh.
The amateur astronomer in our family hates that it doesn`t ever get completely dark here in the summer. He`s already planning what he`ll image when astronomical darkness comes back.......lol......
I hope he brews up some goodies. He is immensely talented in his ‘art/science’. Not really sure what to call it. the end result is, well, stellar :thumbsup2
don`t think Boris gives a rats patootie what he looks like......good for him
IDK, he really does project an epic hot mess as to his appearances. Thinking one would have to work overtime with a non-glam squad to reach that mark lol. Was talking about him the other day in this regard. Hit me that the hair is so distracting, I’ve never really looked at his clothing.
but I do know it`s bacon for breakfast
Think I’ll crack open a package, haven’t made since we got home.
but even with cheap enough flights, expensive weekend with hotel and food in there too. We both have APs. I am scheduled to be there end of September. If there are AP hotel rates out, may slide those date to end first week of October.
Glad you mentioned the hotels, i keep putting off booking waiting for APH rates, probably should just get ‘Er done.

Any allegiant (great military perks there) or spirit options in your area? Still seeing $29 one way or less flights now & again a month or so out
And we don’t know exactly how long you are immune, and you can still catch that virus, just that with being vaccinated, will be milder. Um, I hope more people try to be washing hands routinely, and keep distance, and wear a mask when in a public indoor place. I still see people leave a toilet and have not washed their hands before leaving.
lost count of how many times I viewed that in the parks, so groooooos

Assume it will be annual maintenance shot the flu
This afternoon I will be getting a much needed haircut. At 5:00 today I need to attend a webinar about the scheduling and billing software we use at work
in defiance i removed zoom app from my cloud yesterday lol

Still going short(er) with the new ‘do?
Yikes. I agree with Lynne. I hope you don't get any critters coming over. I have a friend who has been spending the past almost year cleaning out his both father's hoard house. He has found some really good stuff among the junk.

I have wondered if anything is exciting in that mess. Figure they will just bulldoze it down.
With two of the four of us having underline health issues, there was no question we all wanted to be vaccinated.
Smart!

As long as unfortunate crowd mentality doesn’t supersede herd immunity we should be fine & dandy :)
F64D47B0-E23E-436F-A9B0-8F4CB2055011.jpeg

Happy Friday!!

No work for me today. Up early for a lazy morning but leaving in a little while to take mom to her colonoscopy appointment.

I am very happy about the new CDC guidelines. I was not expecting it this soon although our state's positive average is at the lowest it has been since the beginning. I just hope our governor gets on board now.

I may go to another scrapbooking event with my friends tomorrow. I kind of want to skip it because it is going to be so nice outside tomorrow. Uggh, decisions decisions. No other plans for the weekend. Just the usual grocery shopping.

No word on the lost sunglasses but I am not holding my breath.

Good evening. A busy and slightly crazy day at work. Oops, I shouldn't use that word. After work I went searching for shorts agin. Apparently if you are a larger woman in my city you aren't supposed to be buying shorts. The selection is horrible unless i want to get denim shorts or short shorts. No one wants to see me in those. I finally found a few pair that should work.

I love shorts. Other than at work, I wear shorts all summer. I am not a fashionista so I mainly wear khaki shorts in various colors. I have the best luck finding them at Kohls and JC Penny.

Oh she`s not strange or uncomfortable in our home, she has been many times, and first time she came in she went straight to the doors into the dining room and whimpered. Several times she has stared up on the wall and growled gently. I`ve never felt anything weird in there, although one time doing a zoom call from that room, one of my friends asked what the shadow was behind me......yikes!

I recall your posts about your friend's doggy. I think that pup is onto something. It certainly would make me wonder, especially after your friend pointed out the shadow on your zoom call. I catch my dog just staring at our walls sometimes, which is not his normal behavior. It does freak me out a bit.

My friend who passed away in 2016, months before she was diagnosed their dog was always rumbling and pawing at her tummy and whimpering to her, that dog knew she had cancer and was trying to tell her. Another lady told how her dog was constantly licking her head at the back, or trying to, and was diagnosed with a brain tumour. Dog senses are off the scale for sure.

I have read that there are dogs that are trained to sniff out cancer, similar to drug sniffing dogs. Amazing how much stronger animal senses are compared to humans.

Had coffee this morning with a friend I hadn't seen in ages. We visited for 2.5 hours and it felt like only 30 minutes had passed. It was so nice to catch up, and we promised to not wait so long to see each other again.
I had a French Toast latte! OMG, it was so delish!!

Sounds like a lovely morning. It is always great to catch up with old friends, especially when you can pick up right where you left off and not skip a beat. Yum! French Toast latte sounds delish!!

I saw corn topic! I can’t wait for our local corn to come in! It’s so good. Sweet and crispy. My fav is the peaches & cream. That’s the yellow and white. But we have very good all yellow too, called super sweet. Nothing like summer bbq & corn!

Oh I love fresh summer corn. My nephew planted 4 acres of peaches & cream and white corn two years ago and wow that was the best corn. So sweet, even after a few days. My brother tried last year but the weather would not cooperate so he lost the crop. I am hoping he will try again this year.

Cam thanks for the Trip update! Sounds great! And yay for getting to ride the Velocicoster! How scary was it? Lol. That coming out of your seat part sounds scary. I’d feel better with shoulder harness! We love RP too. But last few stays have been HRH. Walk is so short! And it’s usually only HRH guests using the security gate as Portofino guests generally take the boat.
I agree, I don’t think CL is worth it until things return to normal.

To be honest, I was not eager about riding it but I was experiencing peer pressure from DH and DS. :rotfl2: I am not a big roller coaster fan but I will try them at least once. It was probably the fastest, smoothest coaster I have ridden. Not real jerky, but you do come out of your seat once or twice. Also, it never slows down. Lots of twists and turns. The track does not have a huge footprint, it overlaps itself. It was fun and I will probably ride it again but next time I will take everything out of my pockets.

RPR is our favorite but I keep saying that we will try HRH. We have visited the pool a few years ago and loved it. I think we may give HRH a try next time. Yes, CL was a bit of a disappointment. We don't use it as a place to eat our main meals but it is nice to have variation of snacks throughout the week and I did not see that this time. Very limited choices and the same thing everyday. I would stay CL if it returns to pre-covid operations but not until then.

I am at the vet right now and they just brought out the cutest little puppy.

Will send mummy dust Caspian takes the medicine and behaves for annual check up.
Would not take the medicine this morning. I think he can smell it in the food. I just gave the vet permission to muzzle him if necessary.

Like Lynne’s family, we will still take whatever precautions suit us, even if others consider them ‘over-kill’. Already, reports of push back from cretins to those who do voluntarily elect to take precautions above the mandatory minimum
I am happy to ditch my mask as soon as possible, but I don’t understand why some insist on giving grief to those who still want to take precautions.

Did you see the SUV that exploded with multiple gas cans in the hatch? Didn’t see if occupants survived
I had not heard about that. Scary, but not surprising.

Not too short. I still want to be able to do a ponytail.

I am very happy about the new CDC guidelines. I was not expecting it this soon although our state's positive average is at the lowest it has been since the beginning. I just hope our governor gets on board now.
Me too.

I love shorts. Other than at work, I wear shorts all summer. I am not a fashionista so I mainly wear khaki shorts in various colors. I have the best luck finding them at Kohls and JC Penny.
I think I would like shorts better if I were thinner. Around here there is not much of a selection in the plus sizes. I ended up finding a few at Kohl’s.

Hopefully Caspian will cooperate and I won’t be here too long. They still do not have the lobby open, so I am waiting in my car.

Seems as though the whole country exhaled (no pun intended) just a bit :).

View attachment 574962

It’s a shame as was a lovely, older house. Well kempt while the now-owner’s mother was alive. Mother was lovely, her DD who is at least a decade younger than me & worked in mental health field, was always very stand-offish.

Didn’t really have an inkling anything was off until we noticed her extended family (who lived in adjacent state) coming by to mow the grass every two weeks. Then the outdoor yard decorations started to multiply.

She loaded the house up so full that she started to move her car at night to fast food parking lots and sleep in it. Talking the front seat as the back one was packed to the roof.

She was institutionalized, such a sad story. Legal process to condem it took over five years. The zoning officers refused to enter the house it was that bad...they called it via looking thru the front, picture window.

Yes, firmly believe they can smell certain illness. Also, the more sensitive ones without any sort of training have an innate ‘therapy’ dog sense where they hover & do their best to help their owners cope

In a sense, I do believe homes retain energy from their occupants, past & present. Have been in hundreds of houses as a realtor. Many seemed somber for lack of a better term. More than a few homes had terrible vibes, couldn’t wait to exit them. typically, would find out after the fact that they had ‘history’.

That said, regarding Poppy...curious if the flooring was different in the two rooms. There are dogs who have aversion to non carpeted flooring. Others that try to avoid tile or hardwood but perfectly fine with laminate without joint lines.

Any day above ground is a weiner in my book :). Not to complain, with so many putting their plans on hold during the pandemic but, that first week back from a trip is always a challenge for me to normalize

Good for him! A sure sign life is reverting to ‘normal’

The funnel cake one? Imagine the sugar & calories in that monster

Absolutely. A good idea to let the wood set outside for a week or two before actually building the deck too. Make sure to pick a dry stretch of weather.

Oh, good luck there!

that was such a shame to see those normal rites of passage getting squashed.

I’m all for the vaccine passports but, so politicalized here don’t see it happening.

I’m sure there is a goodly amount of crowing from people they were ahead of the curve going mask free ugh.

I hope he brews up some goodies. He is immensely talented in his ‘art/science’. Not really sure what to call it. the end result is, well, stellar :thumbsup2

IDK, he really does project an epic hot mess as to his appearances. Thinking one would have to work overtime with a non-glam squad to reach that mark lol. Was talking about him the other day in this regard. Hit me that the hair is so distracting, I’ve never really looked at his clothing.

Think I’ll crack open a package, haven’t made since we got home.

Glad you mentioned the hotels, i keep putting off booking waiting for APH rates, probably should just get ‘Er done.

Any allegiant (great military perks there) or spirit options in your area? Still seeing $29 one way or less flights now & again a month or so out

lost count of how many times I viewed that in the parks, so groooooos

Assume it will be annual maintenance shot the flu

in defiance i removed zoom app from my cloud yesterday lol

I have wondered if anything is exciting in that mess. Figure they will just bulldoze it down.

Smart!

As long as unfortunate crowd mentality doesn’t supersede herd immunity we should be fine & dandy :)
View attachment 574963

lol....love the memes!

Boris kind of looks like an unmade bed to be honest, yes once you get past the hair he doesn`t really get much better. But, I like his lack of vanity for some reason.

Dining room is similar to the kitchen in flooring, like a slate tile so she doesn`t mind the flooring......the middle of her dogs doesn`t seem to mind but Kaiser, the German Shepherd is a little wary too.

You got rid of zoom?? lol......

Lots of talk of herd immunity here and when we`ll hit it too......Boris is making a speech at 5pm tonight about folks fears on the Indian variant taking root.....it is a concern for sure, and our numbers were so darn low recently, and I think they still are, but will be curious to see what he has to say.

Bacon all round!

Happy Friday!!

No work for me today. Up early for a lazy morning but leaving in a little while to take mom to her colonoscopy appointment.

I may go to another scrapbooking event with my friends tomorrow. I kind of want to skip it because it is going to be so nice outside tomorrow. Uggh, decisions decisions. No other plans for the weekend. Just the usual grocery shopping.

No word on the lost sunglasses but I am not holding my breath.

I recall your posts about your friend's doggy. I think that pup is onto something. It certainly would make me wonder, especially after your friend pointed out the shadow on your zoom call. I catch my dog just staring at our walls sometimes, which is not his normal behavior. It does freak me out a bit.

I have read that there are dogs that are trained to sniff out cancer, similar to drug sniffing dogs. Amazing how much stronger animal senses are compared to humans.

Sounds like a lovely morning. It is always great to catch up with old friends, especially when you can pick up right where you left off and not skip a beat. Yum! French Toast latte sounds delish!!

Oh I love fresh summer corn. My nephew planted 4 acres of peaches & cream and white corn two years ago and wow that was the best corn. So sweet, even after a few days. My brother tried last year but the weather would not cooperate so he lost the crop. I am hoping he will try again this year.

To be honest, I was not eager about riding it but I was experiencing peer pressure from DH and DS. :rotfl2: I am not a big roller coaster fan but I will try them at least once. It was probably the fastest, smoothest coaster I have ridden. Not real jerky, but you do come out of your seat once or twice. Also, it never slows down. Lots of twists and turns. The track does not have a huge footprint, it overlaps itself. It was fun and I will probably ride it again but next time I will take everything out of my pockets.

RPR is our favorite but I keep saying that we will try HRH. We have visited the pool a few years ago and loved it. I think we may give HRH a try next time. Yes, CL was a bit of a disappointment. We don't use it as a place to eat our main meals but it is nice to have variation of snacks throughout the week and I did not see that this time. Very limited choices and the same thing everyday. I would stay CL if it returns to pre-covid operations but not until then.

Hope your mum`s appointment goes well for her today....

It`s a shame Club wasn`t as good as it should be. I know what you mean though, we never use the lounge for dinner, mainly snacks and wine lol.....but many people do use it as their meals, hope it improves back to what it was soon.

I do agree, I believe dogs know when there`s something. Our home is an old one that has been completely modernised, but the dining room is in the older part of the house, so it wouldn`t be so hard to imagine there`s "something" It honestly doesn`t bother me at all as it`s never even given us pause for thought now. And yes, seeing your dog stare like that tells you there is a reason for it......:dog:

I am at the vet right now and they just brought out the cutest little puppy.

Would not take the medicine this morning. I think he can smell it in the food. I just gave the vet permission to muzzle him if necessary.

I am happy to ditch my mask as soon as possible, but I don’t understand why some insist on giving grief to those who still want to take precautions.

I had not heard about that. Scary, but not surprising.

Not too short. I still want to be able to do a ponytail.

Me too.

I think I would like shorts better if I were thinner. Around here there is not much of a selection in the plus sizes. I ended up finding a few at Kohl’s.

Hopefully Caspian will cooperate and I won’t be here too long. They still do not have the lobby open, so I am waiting in my car.

Yes, each to their own with the masks. I do think I may still wear one in airports for example.....I honestly don`t know until I`m there I guess.

I decided if I waited till I was slim to wear shorts, I`d never wear them again.......but there are ones that really are only for the very slim or very young!

Hope the kitty is ok.......

Very muggy here today.

Went out a small walk this afternoon, and laundry in the machine is about the liit of our activities today except for a little housework and dropped off some bottles of the men`s home made wine to those that like it.......not really for me, but it`s not bad.

Tom was on the phone to our tv/internet/cable supplier. They sent out a renewal at over 50% more expensive.....not a chance. So told them we would switch or we`d get rid of the sports and movies as there`s never anything on those channels except for F1 for us, and we barely watch that anymore......well, worth a call, we`re now paying less than we were before for the next 2 years. They have the fastest Broadband in the UK, so we didn`t really want to switch.....surprising, but will take that.

Only 4pm.......couple of hours till dinner.........

You think a college kid can be up and ready before noon? Have the taxes to mail, so she who’s working is not yet, has request from us that are working, to go to post office before noon, as want to get those out in the mail. Hmm, should I poke that hornet nest that spews fowl language? Ah, better. Her getting ready takes three times longer than mine.

Ooh almost time for my lunchtime walk. Yay!

And Keisha, love those pictures. And yeah, anything that is pink and sparkly has more colonies than a Big Mac. Nope, rarely order such drinks. Which reminds me, more tea is needed.

It’s Friday homies! Rejoice!

Went to the big zoo, and look what we found:

A lion for you:
C5B21492-3CE3-47D5-B8E7-5C8262A2E38E.jpeg

A sleeping cat too:

B894AC2D-456D-46E6-9A68-DC0F62FD7FBB.jpeg

And oh my, look what came to visit:
BD8E1846-FFED-493D-A890-8EAAA066A8B2.jpeg

Dino for you?

Oh you mean Dino for you:

22B8C9EE-F121-4507-A762-A01F320C5889.jpeg

Was such a nice evening, 72 degrees and finally had to put my sunglasses away, as by time we left, closer to sunset.

Best part, tea pot almost ready now, lounge wear on, alarm turned off, and relaxing. May all have as perfect as my night so far.

Productive day. After taking Caspian to the vet I came home and paid bills. Then B and I went to lunch where we ran into her former Girl Scout leader. It was nice catching up and hearing what some of the other girls are doing now. Did some laundry and attended a rather boring webinar. For dinner we went to a new place. We have sort of a food court of food trucks. It was difficult to choose, so we need to go back and try some of the other trucks.

Tom was on the phone to our tv/internet/cable supplier. They sent out a renewal at over 50% more expensive.....not a chance. So told them we would switch or we`d get rid of the sports and movies as there`s never anything on those channels except for F1 for us, and we barely watch that anymore......well, worth a call, we`re now paying less than we were before for the next 2 years. They have the fastest Broadband in the UK, so we didn`t really want to switch.....surprising, but will take that.
Great job getting the bill lowered. We keep saying we are going to cancel our cable service, but haven't done it yet.

You think a college kid can be up and ready before noon?
Mine was up at 11. I was shocked.

Went to the big zoo, and look what we found:
Love the big cats.

I read the post about Universal relaxing their mask policy. I hope Disney follows them.

Productive day. After taking Caspian to the vet I came home and paid bills. Then B and I went to lunch where we ran into her former Girl Scout leader. It was nice catching up and hearing what some of the other girls are doing now. Did some laundry and attended a rather boring webinar. For dinner we went to a new place. We have sort of a food court of food trucks. It was difficult to choose, so we need to go back and try some of the other trucks.

Great job getting the bill lowered. We keep saying we are going to cancel our cable service, but haven't done it yet.

Mine was up at 11. I was shocked.

Love the big cats.

I read the post about Universal relaxing their mask policy. I hope Disney follows them.

We watch so little tv despite having 84 million channels, but there`s so many repeats no movies we haven`t seen a million times, depsite having the sports package, we don`t really watch it except for F1 when the race goes our way now, so it seemed ridiculous to keep it, but paying less was a big surprise as we`d have been happy to drop the movie/sports package. Guess they don`t want us doing that.

Love a good food truck service......

Did plan to sleep late this morning, but no.....usual wake up time and as usual hear Kyle getting up a few minutes after me.

Thankfully he`s a morning person too, even on days off he`s up around 6am regardless, he has always been like that through school, college then University too never known him to sleep late ever, unless he was poorly.

Today looks so dull outside, and rain is due mid morning so think it`ll be a day in for us and catch up on some things. No cooking two nights for me, we got take out from our local pub last night and it was lovely, tonight is pizza or Chinese, haven`t decided yet.

Bacon this morning though.....not sure whether to have sunny side up egg to go with it or poached......hope that`s the toughest decision I have to make today.....love a Saturday morning.......

cv109-S.jpg

cv73-Th.jpg

cv101-S.jpg

cv111-S.png

Have a good one folks........ 🥓 🥓 🥓

Good Saturday morning all.

For sure dogs can tune into many things. Here we have dogs now trained to inform of onset of epileptic fits. Call me crazy if you don’t believe then I understand but I have had a few sightings of dogs I have lost. One elderly retriever could no longer get up the stairs so I always placed a bed at the bottom of the stairs at night. Some months after I lost him I was crossing the landing in the night to the bathroom and looked down to see him there asleep in his bed. Second one was someone telling me that whenever they saw me they saw a large white dog always by my side. Certainly always a comfort to me and nothing regarding similar would make me uneasy. Definitely not those we have lost that we need to be fearful of - those nasty human beings that still exist we need to avoid!

Cannot wear shorts - would not inflict my legs on the eyesight of anyone. I have lots of cotton or jersey trousers - we call them Ibiza pants or Ali Baba pants. Loose and cool. Always sarong or long dress over swimming costumes.

We both had our second vaccinations yesterday and just a sore arm for me and nothing for Kev so far.

We are going out for a drive later as the weather is undecided.

GC away this weekend so last night we watched two movies and more stored ready for tonight.

Yay, Schumi always has me at bacon. Funny my kids are not early risers, but DH and I are. Was up around 6 am this morning too. Hope the rain has gone, and nice a warmer day.

Yay Julie and her DH are now vaccinated fully. Yeah, since I had a sore arm with the first shot, thinking will with this second too. And oddly, DH had no side effects with either shot. Kids had very brief headaches, then nothing else. I assume they will have very little to no effects.

Ah, sunny as all and so bright out. May bop out and do some grocery shopping. Stores still open early, and I like the lesser crowds that tend to be on early hours. And, while so happy to see that sun and wear my shades, 50 degrees out, has me with my short sleeve shirt, but lightweight leggings. Too cool for me to wear shorts. Though with a 75 degree high, when return, will surely change to shorts, as that temp will rise with the sunny weather. Though the early morning news had the weather lady say enjoy the sunny morning, as clouds will rule the afternoon, but all in all, a nice feeling warmer day. And I’d have to agree with her on the nice feeling warmer day. Days in the high 70’s are perfect ones in my book. Warm enough for summer like clothes, and a light jacket or pants in the evenings and early mornings. And not being that sweaty. Smile from me, I so enjoy a hotter weather than a very cold one.

Stupendous Saturday, and a relaxing, why, hello homies, I hope your morning has or will be wonderful.

Woot! It’s the weekend. Ahhhhhhh. And a Woot! As Charade has another day off her countdown today.

And around here, many stores are now saying masks are no longer required. I guess as we decide to be open more, I surely hope people still try to be mindful of each other. And unless you are required to be that vaccination card carrying homie, I don’t know how anyone can truly say, all that enter are vaccinated as they say they are. I will screen shot my card after I get my second shot next week. That way, I will keep my card safe at home. I guess so far, only cruises are saying they require you be that card carrying cruiser. For me, I will wear masks where required, and try to be more mindful of where I am and place my hands, carrying hand sanitizer, and still limiting how long I spend indoors. It will be a bit odd when I do stay in an office all day when commuting returns. Over a year of telecommuting has made it a daily routine, that was somewhat surprised how well it has worked.

Ooh time to fly. That quiet house means I may get what do you buy, and why didn’t you buy that, when I return.

Once again this week the pooch decided he HAD to be let outside before 6 am, then fed. Little bugger has been sleeping on couch beside me for 1-1/2 hours. Good thing he’s cute.

informed I’ve had three upcoming flight times change yet again. Annoyingly, two of them for third time this month. Doubly so as minor attached via points would require a phone call to change any of them. Will tackle that mess after another cuppa.

Prime rib for dinner today, hockey playoffs start & time to start poking at the pool. Water that Has pooled on cover looks like a FL swamp. Would like to think it’s still clear underneath it.

Found out there is a chlorine shortage, combo of plants not operating to capacity over covid & all the new folks who elected to install pools/staycations last year. Bought the huge tub we always get the end of last season, should be able to weather what I’d like to think is the last shortage from the covid mess.:rolleyes1
do you do skorts? It’s bee disappointing to realize that most made now have thinner, silky shorts that tend to slide all over the place. As in they look like baggy boy leg underpants. UGH must be designed by a man
Boris kind of looks like an unmade bed to be honest,
Lol that is perfect description
Lots of talk of herd immunity here and when we`ll hit it too......Boris is making a speech at 5pm tonight about folks fears on the Indian variant taking root.....it is a concern for sure, and our numbers were so darn low recently, and I think they still are, but will be curious to see what he has to say.
It hasn’t reared it’s head there yet? I hope
well, worth a call, we`re now paying less than we were before for the next 2 years. They have the fastest Broadband in the UK, so we didn`t really want to switch.....surprising, but will take that.
Yea! Must be the season. Opened bill and saw my DirecTv went up by a third. Made the call, got it reduced for 6 months & another round of free HBO & +. It’s a big game, they bet on you not bothering to call & dicker.

Don’t get me started on Broadband. Ours is quite fast in speed tests but not FIOS. Meanwhile, it’s all around our area, even my one DS who lives further out from the city has it from Xfinity. They so keep promising it
Hmm, should I poke that hornet nest that spews fowl language? Ah, better. Her getting ready takes three times longer than mine.
Haha another great description, can’t say i’ve Heard that one in the past
After taking Caspian to the vet I came home and paid bills. Then B and I went to lunch where we ran into her former Girl Scout leader.
Nice, small world indeed

PSA...related to Girl Scouts...the new Dairy Queen Thin Mint blizzard is killer good...carry on troops :)
Certainly always a comfort to me and nothing regarding similar would make me uneasy. Definitely not those we have lost that we need to be fearful of - those nasty human beings that still exist we need to avoid!
Lovely sentiment
I have lots of cotton or jersey trousers - we call them Ibiza pants or Ali Baba pants. Loose and cool. Always sarong or long dress over swimming costumes.
Saw several at U last trip. New sort I wasn’t familiar with too, samesort of material, wherein the pants were slit all the way down the front. They would sort of billow open when walking. Thinking that flapping around would annoy me after awhile
We both had our second vaccinations yesterday and just a sore arm for me and nothing for Kev so far.
Good news there
Stupendous Saturday, and a relaxing, why, hello homies, I hope your morning has or will be wonderful.

hhn
It does not scare me
This will be my 28 year in a row to
Attend it
You ain’t afraid of no ghost...insert ghostbusters theme music here

It’s funny, I remember on an Alaskan cruise nearly 20 years ago being startled by the large contingent of Asian cruisers who wore masks in public. Was so jarring. Now, it’s the exact opposite for me seeing people without them. did enjoy not wearing one yesterday when outside doing errands.

Cynic I am, wildly amused that we are being expected to rely upon a self-reported ‘honor system’ as to the cans & the can nots when it comes down to who is supposed to wear masks.

Did find myself day-dreaming how nice it will be to able sit outside in my lawn chair at GD softball games sans mask next week :)

Will continue to take whatever precautions I feel personally necessary. Do plan on patronizing businesses in my area that follow good practices until I see how the new changes in things pan out going forward. Good luck to us all:flower1:

I missed this comment yesterday Janet.

Thank you so much.......he really does have a gift with imaging (not that I`m biased or anything 😉) I agree, it`s a talent and he is so modest about what he has produced.

Yay, Schumi always has me at bacon. Funny my kids are not early risers, but DH and I are. Was up around 6 am this morning too. Hope the rain has gone, and nice a warmer day.

Yay Julie and her DH are now vaccinated fully. Yeah, since I had a sore arm with the first shot, thinking will with this second too. And oddly, DH had no side effects with either shot. Kids had very brief headaches, then nothing else. I assume they will have very little to no effects.

Ah, sunny as all and so bright out. May bop out and do some grocery shopping. Stores still open early, and I like the lesser crowds that tend to be on early hours. And, while so happy to see that sun and wear my shades, 50 degrees out, has me with my short sleeve shirt, but lightweight leggings. Too cool for me to wear shorts. Though with a 75 degree high, when return, will surely change to shorts, as that temp will rise with the sunny weather. Though the early morning news had the weather lady say enjoy the sunny morning, as clouds will rule the afternoon, but all in all, a nice feeling warmer day. And I’d have to agree with her on the nice feeling warmer day. Days in the high 70’s are perfect ones in my book. Warm enough for summer like clothes, and a light jacket or pants in the evenings and early mornings. And not being that sweaty. Smile from me, I so enjoy a hotter weather than a very cold one.

Woot! It’s the weekend. Ahhhhhhh. And a Woot! As Charade has another day off her countdown today.

And around here, many stores are now saying masks are no longer required. I guess as we decide to be open more, I surely hope people still try to be mindful of each other. And unless you are required to be that vaccination card carrying homie, I don’t know how anyone can truly say, all that enter are vaccinated as they say they are. I will screen shot my card after I get my second shot next week. That way, I will keep my card safe at home. I guess so far, only cruises are saying they require you be that card carrying cruiser. For me, I will wear masks where required, and try to be more mindful of where I am and place my hands, carrying hand sanitizer, and still limiting how long I spend indoors. It will be a bit odd when I do stay in an office all day when commuting returns. Over a year of telecommuting has made it a daily routine, that was somewhat surprised how well it has worked.

Ooh time to fly. That quiet house means I may get what do you buy, and why didn’t you buy that, when I return.

Each to their own Lynne.......I`ve never known Kyle sleep to lunchtime and I hear so many parents say the same about theirs, that they could sleep round the clock. I`m glad he has always been so regimented though as he`s exactly the same as us in that way.

Hope you got what you needed shopping......and hope weather is nice for you.

Once again this week the pooch decided he HAD to be let outside before 6 am, then fed. Little bugger has been sleeping on couch beside me for 1-1/2 hours. Good thing he’s cute.

informed I’ve had three upcoming flight times change yet again. Annoyingly, two of them for third time this month. Doubly so as minor attached via points would require a phone call to change any of them. Will tackle that mess after another cuppa.

Prime rib for dinner today, hockey playoffs start & time to start poking at the pool. Water that Has pooled on cover looks like a FL swamp. Would like to think it’s still clear underneath it.

Found out there is a chlorine shortage, combo of plants not operating to capacity over covid & all the new folks who elected to install pools/staycations last year. Bought the huge tub we always get the end of last season, should be able to weather what I’d like to think is the last shortage from the covid mess.:rolleyes1

do you do skorts? It’s bee disappointing to realize that most made now have thinner, silky shorts that tend to slide all over the place. As in they look like baggy boy leg underpants. UGH must be designed by a man
Lol that is perfect description

It hasn’t reared it’s head there yet? I hope

Yea! Must be the season. Opened bill and saw my DirecTv went up by a third. Made the call, got it reduced for 6 months & another round of free HBO & +. It’s a big game, they bet on you not bothering to call & dicker.

Don’t get me started on Broadband. Ours is quite fast in speed tests but not FIOS. Meanwhile, it’s all around our area, even my one DS who lives further out from the city has it from Xfinity. They so keep promising it

Haha another great description, can’t say i’ve Heard that one in the past

Nice, small world indeed

PSA...related to Girl Scouts...the new Dairy Queen Thin Mint blizzard is killer good...carry on troops :)

Lovely sentiment

Saw several at U last trip. New sort I wasn’t familiar with too, samesort of material, wherein the pants were slit all the way down the front. They would sort of billow open when walking. Thinking that flapping around would annoy me after awhile

Good news there

lol....love the pooch sleeping after getting you up!

Yes, Indian variant is here in some places around the country. High density areas of that population for now. They should have shut the borders earlier from India!!

Nice call on the broadband! Yes, so many don`t call and complain about it, well worth a call for sure.

And enjoy that Prime Rib.

So, I need a minor procedure done on my foot, had a problem for a while now, and our friend who is a surgeon is doing it. He just called to say he can do it late this afternoon.....so not looking forward to it, but it needs doing.......I`m so grateful it`s him doing it though.

Will head off later for that.......they`ll get food when we get back. Pizza is a good choice now.......

Just saw your post Carole and that is good news you can have the work done on your foot today !

you will soon be out of discomfort and pain
And that’s a good thing !

Sending you easy thoughts and good vibes it all goes well with very little pain involved !

Just saw your post Carole and that is good news you can have the work done on your foot today !

you will soon be out of discomfort and pain
And that’s a good thing !

Sending you easy thoughts and good vibes it all goes well with very little pain involved !

Thanks mac.....sent you and Janet an email as both of you have patiently listened to me droning on and complaing for a while now, so thought I`d give you good news about it.......lol......

Good morning!. I am very happy about the most recent news from the theme parks. This morning I ordered us some mask lanyards from Amazon. I figure it will help keep them easily accessible if we are going to be constantly taking them off then outing them back on again.

No cooking two nights for me, we got take out from our local pub last night and it was lovely, tonight is pizza or Chinese, haven`t decided yet.
i vote for Chinese. I would love some good Chinese food. Unfortunately my favorite restaurant is just a little too far away for take out and they have not reopened their dining room yet.

Hoping for no annoying side effects.

And unless you are required to be that vaccination card carrying homie, I don’t know how anyone can truly say, all that enter are vaccinated as they say they are. I will screen shot my card after I get my second shot next week. That way, I will keep my card safe at home. I guess so far, only cruises are saying they require you be that card carrying cruiser. For me, I will wear masks where required, and try to be more mindful of where I am and place my hands, carrying hand sanitizer, and still limiting how long I spend indoors.
It will be interesting to see how this is enforced. I have a picture of my card on my phone. I just purchased several small bottles of hand sanitizer, so I will be carrying those for awhile.

How annoying. Our flight to Disney has been changed once. We are now leaving about 2 hours earlier than before, but still arriving about the same time. I guess we get to amuse ourselves in the Charlotte, NC airport for awhile.

do you do skorts?
I don't think I have ever worn a skort. I just hate showing my legs.

So, I need a minor procedure done on my foot, had a problem for a while now, and our friend who is a surgeon is doing it. He just called to say he can do it late this afternoon.....so not looking forward to it, but it needs doing.......I`m so grateful it`s him doing it though.
Hope everything goes well.

I have absolutely no plans for today. It's a nice day, so I should go our and do something. I suppose I could start packing, but this is too early for me. I will probably start on Thursday evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter