Something About Nothing............ #14

Yay, hope Charade is enjoying MK now.

Quite the beautiful sunrise, well before 6 am now. Sun is making all so bright and yellow since the sunrise. And while the clouds will then arrive around lunchtime, and make it a mostly cloudy day, only a light rain came around later in the evening last night. Was so light, did not even hear the rain. Quick too, as about 10 minutes later and not even pale green seen on the weather radar. So I expect those rain chances today are to stay the Northwestern area of me, as said for today again. So those pesky clouds arriving are not bringing rain to us. And even with the cold front arriving tonight, it’s not strong enough to bring rain to all, but nice enough to drop the temps over 20 degrees for what now predicted to be just an overcast Monday, with that camel needing its umbrella. Guess a yay! Expecting now to not be reporting a rainy Monday tomorrow.

And so, our get the trash out, and ready for the week days routine is our usual Sunday. But as a happy thought will be percolating all this week, as like Pumpkin last week, the coming weekend is a holiday one for us. Shorter week to end this month is so appreciated. As it starts that almost a month later, or sooner, that yay, another holiday off time of year. Yep, next ones are beginning of July, beginning of September, mid October, end of November and a double one in December and to start January. And we like January, as not only start the month off as a holiday, but a few weeks later, another holiday, then one in mid February. And then the holiday off drought. As such, you can see why that smile will be all day by Friday, as next week’s back to week day routine will be on Monday. Woot! And another woot as that countdown to our little get away that does not include an amusement park, but at least one park, a central one, is also ticking away, with less than 20 days away now.

And ooh is that lamb cooking I smell? Ah Schumi’s dinner is lamb. Hope you got to watch some of that car race, Schumi, and nice of DH to help the young man buy a car. And nice to hear, back to enjoying a night with friends. Hope your Sunday has been lovely peaceful too.

Mine should be lovely peaceful, as right now, DH is out visiting his mum again, as has to mow her grass, and kids are both still asleep. Older one worked all day yesterday, came home to eat dinner and freshen up, then went out with friends last night. I thought I heard him come home, but as was in bed sleeping, I think it was around midnight. I have no idea when little one ended her night. I said good night to her by 11 last night. I was tired for so reason. That, and there was crap nothing interesting to watch on my smaller screen. Why shows from the early two thousand and teen number years are playing in the later night is just crappy. Left her playing online with her friends on the largest screen.

And so from another sunny ☀ and increasingly humid feeling weather homie, may your Sunday be that, sunny and include time relaxing in that heat. Pool time too, why yes I am at least. As little one said, you just get used to that cooler pool temp. Um, even with my legs in the pool and a cool drink in my hand, I’ll be good. Eh, if hot enough, that cooler feeling dip in the pool will be nice for a bit. So homies, stay cool in that heat, and enjoy your Sunday.

Ooh at my house you will also see a tea pot on the stove. Time for more tea. And since little one and I picked up some ice cream bars, why yes, you will see one of those in my hands right now. It is a perfect end to a weekend mini breakfast by myself. Woot! Sunday is here.

Yep, lamb was delicious.....and it has indeed been a lovely day thanks.

Yes, not long till your NY trip......that`ll be fun.

Sat in hospital waiting room for middle DS, finally got his MRI on foot. Day dreaming of bacon as we skipped breakfast. Guess what I made for lunch? Need to dig in chest freezer for dinner inspiration
that’s rather late

All the times I’ve stayed there, never caught that lol good one

It was hotter than expected when I went out at 9 am. Plan on floating in pool before 2 pm

I was always so happy when family didn’t insist we rope drop during shared visits . Realized last fall With no FP it’s essential At MK. We have managed to get ‘Er all done & in our resort pool by early afternoon.
Another necessary evil with pool capacity issues. Hope they up those numbers soon too

It will always be that name in my mind. I try to be PC often fail quite miserably

Wow, fancy lunch stuffs! Yum

Yep, once your body parts go numb it’s all gravy lol

Bacon anytime is always good! Hope the MRI went well for DS......and weather sounds gorgeous Janet......dipping your toe will be lovely!

I agree, whenever I hear of it, I think of the original name in my head....

Yep, lunch was lovely and Tom did look at me and think was I after something as Sunday is usually a BLT or similar.......they were lovely though, I don`t often make crab cakes myself, and shrimp.....well, can`t go wrong there.

Hope Charade is having a wonderful trip so far........

Did have a lovely day after all. Watched GP and did enjoy it for a change, Tom went to the showroom with friends son and GF and happy to say he bought the car they were looking at. They brought it round to show us on their test drive, it`s a good un. He`ll enjoy driving it.

Our friend popped round to check my foot and said it`s healing nicely which is good to know.....I thought so, but best to get a professional opinion. Only another 4 weeks or so to go before it`s healed properly.

Lamb was beautiful as always. But, full up now. No room for anything else now.

Watching some DVD episodes of a tv we show we loved from mid 2000`s......always good to watch no matter how often we do. Better than some of the stuff on today. No wonder we don`t watch much tv.

Rain has arrived, it`s like a winter`s night here.......🌧

What a beautiful baby!!! Congrats to all & talk about impeccable timing, least he held off till the shower was over

Carole - good check up for you! Things went smoothly at hospital which was oddly dead

Good to hear, and yes, I can imagine it was weirdly quiet.......

:wave: Not sure if HHN is toying with us or hinting at an announcement.:scratchin See the HHN thread.

I just saw your post! Interesting indeed........

realfood, congrats on the baby arriving......babies are so cute.

I really do think winter has come back tonight, heating is on and downright miserable outside.

Think it`ll be an early night for us as we had a late one last night........I remember the days I`d be out Thursday to Sunday, those were the days!

Keisha, I think it`s the same here now. They will let one person accompany the patient.....not before time.

And a good Monday morning from a sunny part of the world today.

Rain and cold were forecast, but wrong again. Think I may get out this morning after all.......

Want to get some fresh produce and I need cards for some upcoming birthdays and anniversaries including one I almost forgot! If we get in early to town it won`t be too busy, then if we can we might walk a little along the promenade for half an hour. Having some facetime with one of my Goddaughters this afternoon, not much else planned. Maybe a bit of reading will pass an hour or so.....

Making moussaka again for dinner tonight, Tom always said he didn`t like it due to it having aubergines (eggplant) in it, but he enjoyed it I`m glad to say. Not the healthiest dish in the world, but tasty.

Scrambled eggs for breakfast I think today........

i-SK5wrcJ-Th.gif

cv91-S.jpg

cv17-S.jpg

😉

Have a wonderful Monday :flower1:

I hope you are having a wonderful Monday too Schumi. I guess you have the sun today, as still seems dark out, as we have a thick cloud cover.

And while no rain, it’s very humid, though only 63 out, with 72 the high. One of our not as warm day. No matter, the first chance of rain is now Wednesday. But any rain can feel good, because as predicted, that mid week day will be a hazy and hot 93 degrees high one, so that camel will have a cool drink in hand and try to stay in the shade, before pulling out that umbrella maybe later in the day.

Eh, was awake randomly throughout the night. Not sure why, as this time DH was the one not restless one. Guess because I felt too warm many times. We do have the AC on, but I should have made it cooler before going to bed. I’d have a fan running to help, but oddly, not fond of the sound while trying to get to sleep.

And so, tea will be drank, and a search for breakfast. May be cereal, as not much else looks good from first arriving in kitchen to put tea kettle on. Ooh, I guess I neighbor is dog walking, as heard dog barking for a few minutes. No chicken out yet though. And still dark out looking, as not hearing birds nor other animals heard, just that early week day traffic, witch includes some loud vehicles.

And ah yes, certainly feels like a Monday. Tea refill time, thus, wishing all a Marvelous Monday.

Very quick good morning. We are off to Hollywood Studios today. All 3 of us tried for Rise of the Resistance today and all failed. Will try again at 1:00.

Real - congrats on the new grandson. He is adorable.

Got a text from my sister yesterday. Mom is back in the hospital. She has an infection at her surgery incision and is anemic. I’m just waiting for more updates.

Yay for HS today Charade, and will send good thoughts you get that reserved next try. And oh no, sending hugs and well thoughts to your mom. Very sorry to hear about your mom, and hope you can still enjoy your time.

:wave2: Happy Friday Dance :cool1:

Not much happening here. Youngest ds is gone camping with a friend and his family for the weekend. We still have restrictions, but we decided that for his mental health he needed to go and spend some time just being young and hanging out with a friend. We felt the risk was low being outside and sleeping in his own tent.

It is a holiday weekend here. So I will enjoy the extra day off this weekend. Although I'm working tomorrow and Sunday at the second job...but I do have a few weekend I booked off in the next little bit. I hate working both days on the weekend, but at least I have Monday off. The weather is supposed to be decent and warm, so hoping to be able to get out and enjoy it a little bit.

So exciting to be packing and doing the final clean of the house before you leave!!!! I hope you'll be stopping in to show a picture or two. It is sooo nice to live vicariously through other people's trips.

I hope you get that sorted soon. That is definitely NOT fun to deal with and can open a whole new can of worms.

I hope the healing is going good. The lamb sounds delicious!

I really want to try catfish! But then again, I enjoy fish!

They are cute...but so destructive!!!!

Single digit dance :banana: It will fly by now! It is exciting

Well, I should shuffle the last of the papers on my desk. Trying to make myself look busy and putting in my time for the day :blush: It's Friday and I really don't feel like being here when it's sooo beautiful outside. I just ran to the bank to make a deposit...and I could have just kept driving alllllll the way home lol.

Stay safe and take care everyone!!!!!
Mental health is just as important as physical health. I'm happy your DS was able to do something fun!

Yep, I`m counting the days till we can join the human race again and go for a civilised dinner out.

lol....I love Pho only when it`s extra spicy......but, hope you enjoyed it and you have been getting a lot done recently!!

And single digits now Lori........fabulous!!

Hope you are doing much better and safe travels today Charade....hope you have a wonderful trip to Orlando......

Holiday weekend! Excellent......

Thanks.....lamb is such a hit in our home, can`t go wrong with it for many dishes.

Have a super weekend Pumpkin.......

On my lonesome this morning.......so, got up early and got a whole load of housework done, including some little jobs I`ve been putting off......and managed a fair bit, foot only hindered me a little.

Tom has gone with the son of one of friends to look for a car for him. Think he just wanted someone with him that`ll have experience working deals out. So, hope they get something suitable. Kyle and co are out quad biking (ATV`s) so no doubt they`ll come in muddy as it`s rained a lot over the last 48 hours. They can come in the back way and leave everything in the laundry room......then I`ll complain they`re muddying up my freshly cleaned bathrooms ::yes:: Did the 3 upstairs bathrooms and still to do the downstairs. That`ll keep.

Enjoyed some bacon and sunny side up eggs this morning, so doubt I`ll need lunch today, and then Thai takeaway tonight......and game night!

Will maybe watch some of the Monaco GP qualifying.....maybe. See how it goes.

And Saturday again.......gotta love the weekend........

i-nVMFhwx-S.gif

cv21-Th.jpg

cv14-S.jpg

Happy Saturday 😁
Sunny side up is my preferred way to eat eggs. followed by poached. I like a runny yolk!
Boys and there motor toys...how fun!

Yes! (A bit late on my part, since you're already there)

AoA lobby. Fruit Stripe gum anyone?

View attachment 576911
LOL!

Karen`s really are a worldwide pandemic all of their own....they`re everywhere!

Hope you get off to a wonderful start today.......good luck at MK!

He really is. I`m not sure I`d have the stomach for negotiating, and wouldn`t consider some of the things he has managed when we buy our cars. But, he does good and I think the young man will be buying the car today when they go back. He put down a small deposit to hold the car, but longer test drive today and then I think he`ll be happy to buy it.

That`s an odd book for me, I read it when it had an unspeakable name, I still have that copy somewhere as it was my grandmother`s, but it`s not a book I enjoy. The BBC did a dreadful dramatisation of it a couple of years back.....

lol.....I`m envisioning you sitting like royalty on your balcony watching the masses swarm back in a pickled state.......sounds good though!

Had a late one last night, we enjoyed our Thai take out choices, some dishes were spicier than we thought, but all dishes were lovely.........and game night evolved into just the four of us, to another couple who had cancelled going out to dinner. It was fun.....and much wine was involved.

There is no truth in the rumour that I may have looked like this at the end of the night........ :rolleyes1

i-vtwZF5s-Th.gif

And a lovely longer sleep this morning was nice. Does you the world of good now and again.

Sunny but cloudy today, will get all the bedding out on the line and as Tom is out this afternoon it`ll be just me watching the Monaco GP.....till the driver we don`t like starts winning, then I`ll turn it off.

Lamb is in the Aga and will slowly roast away all day in red wine, stock and several other ingredients. Looking forward to that tonight. Apart from that, quiet day ahead.

Shrimp cocktail and crab cakes for lunch with some salad.

Lazy Sunday ahead.........

cv25-S.png

cv1-S.jpg

cv100-S.jpg

Have a lovely peaceful Sunday :)
Almost ordered lamb yesterday, since it's not often on menus here. Ended up with the Fish duet instead.

Yay, hope Charade is enjoying MK now.

Quite the beautiful sunrise, well before 6 am now. Sun is making all so bright and yellow since the sunrise. And while the clouds will then arrive around lunchtime, and make it a mostly cloudy day, only a light rain came around later in the evening last night. Was so light, did not even hear the rain. Quick too, as about 10 minutes later and not even pale green seen on the weather radar. So I expect those rain chances today are to stay the Northwestern area of me, as said for today again. So those pesky clouds arriving are not bringing rain to us. And even with the cold front arriving tonight, it’s not strong enough to bring rain to all, but nice enough to drop the temps over 20 degrees for what now predicted to be just an overcast Monday, with that camel needing its umbrella. Guess a yay! Expecting now to not be reporting a rainy Monday tomorrow.

And so, our get the trash out, and ready for the week days routine is our usual Sunday. But as a happy thought will be percolating all this week, as like Pumpkin last week, the coming weekend is a holiday one for us. Shorter week to end this month is so appreciated. As it starts that almost a month later, or sooner, that yay, another holiday off time of year. Yep, next ones are beginning of July, beginning of September, mid October, end of November and a double one in December and to start January. And we like January, as not only start the month off as a holiday, but a few weeks later, another holiday, then one in mid February. And then the holiday off drought. As such, you can see why that smile will be all day by Friday, as next week’s back to week day routine will be on Monday. Woot! And another woot as that countdown to our little get away that does not include an amusement park, but at least one park, a central one, is also ticking away, with less than 20 days away now.

And ooh is that lamb cooking I smell? Ah Schumi’s dinner is lamb. Hope you got to watch some of that car race, Schumi, and nice of DH to help the young man buy a car. And nice to hear, back to enjoying a night with friends. Hope your Sunday has been lovely peaceful too.

Mine should be lovely peaceful, as right now, DH is out visiting his mum again, as has to mow her grass, and kids are both still asleep. Older one worked all day yesterday, came home to eat dinner and freshen up, then went out with friends last night. I thought I heard him come home, but as was in bed sleeping, I think it was around midnight. I have no idea when little one ended her night. I said good night to her by 11 last night. I was tired for so reason. That, and there was crap nothing interesting to watch on my smaller screen. Why shows from the early two thousand and teen number years are playing in the later night is just crappy. Left her playing online with her friends on the largest screen.

And so from another sunny ☀ and increasingly humid feeling weather homie, may your Sunday be that, sunny and include time relaxing in that heat. Pool time too, why yes I am at least. As little one said, you just get used to that cooler pool temp. Um, even with my legs in the pool and a cool drink in my hand, I’ll be good. Eh, if hot enough, that cooler feeling dip in the pool will be nice for a bit. So homies, stay cool in that heat, and enjoy your Sunday.

Ooh at my house you will also see a tea pot on the stove. Time for more tea. And since little one and I picked up some ice cream bars, why yes, you will see one of those in my hands right now. It is a perfect end to a weekend mini breakfast by myself. Woot! Sunday is here.
Enjoy your alone time...and ice cream bar!

Sat in hospital waiting room for middle DS, finally got his MRI on foot. Day dreaming of bacon as we skipped breakfast. Guess what I made for lunch? Need to dig in chest freezer for dinner inspiration
that’s rather late

All the times I’ve stayed there, never caught that lol good one

It was hotter than expected when I went out at 9 am. Plan on floating in pool before 2 pm

I was always so happy when family didn’t insist we rope drop during shared visits . Realized last fall With no FP it’s essential At MK. We have managed to get ‘Er all done & in our resort pool by early afternoon.
Another necessary evil with pool capacity issues. Hope they up those numbers soon too

It will always be that name in my mind. I try to be PC often fail quite miserably

Wow, fancy lunch stuffs! Yum

Yep, once your body parts go numb it’s all gravy lol
Hope the MRI went well!

A very happy weekend all!!!

We were having our baby shower yesterday.....
however everything changed and our beautiful baby grandson arrived yesterday afternoon. A little early but all healthy and well.

So this was the cake for the party!

View attachment 577082

And let me introduce our gorgeous new grandson ❤

View attachment 577083

They had to stay in the hospital for 24 hours to check his blood a few times as DIL is Rhesus Negative but we’ve just been to see them now home and they are so unbelievably happy and chilled. Only stayed half an hour but it was so lovely to have a cuddle.

Hope those on vacation are having a great time and those at home are well. I will try and have a catch up soon.
Perfect and precious!!!! Congrats!!

Yep, lamb was delicious.....and it has indeed been a lovely day thanks.

Yes, not long till your NY trip......that`ll be fun.

Bacon anytime is always good! Hope the MRI went well for DS......and weather sounds gorgeous Janet......dipping your toe will be lovely!

I agree, whenever I hear of it, I think of the original name in my head....

Yep, lunch was lovely and Tom did look at me and think was I after something as Sunday is usually a BLT or similar.......they were lovely though, I don`t often make crab cakes myself, and shrimp.....well, can`t go wrong there.

Hope Charade is having a wonderful trip so far........

Did have a lovely day after all. Watched GP and did enjoy it for a change, Tom went to the showroom with friends son and GF and happy to say he bought the car they were looking at. They brought it round to show us on their test drive, it`s a good un. He`ll enjoy driving it.

Our friend popped round to check my foot and said it`s healing nicely which is good to know.....I thought so, but best to get a professional opinion. Only another 4 weeks or so to go before it`s healed properly.

Lamb was beautiful as always. But, full up now. No room for anything else now.

Watching some DVD episodes of a tv we show we loved from mid 2000`s......always good to watch no matter how often we do. Better than some of the stuff on today. No wonder we don`t watch much tv.

Rain has arrived, it`s like a winter`s night here.......🌧
Glad the GP was entertaining!
DH was all excited about Phil Mickelson winning the PGA championship at age 50

He had accident at work & broke/crushed foot. Took all this time to get MRI scheduled. Still running strict covid protocols. Just started letting a support person accompany patients
I'm sure DS was happy to have mom by his side. Hope he's better soon!

Keisha, I think it`s the same here now. They will let one person accompany the patient.....not before time.

And a good Monday morning from a sunny part of the world today.

Rain and cold were forecast, but wrong again. Think I may get out this morning after all.......

Want to get some fresh produce and I need cards for some upcoming birthdays and anniversaries including one I almost forgot! If we get in early to town it won`t be too busy, then if we can we might walk a little along the promenade for half an hour. Having some facetime with one of my Goddaughters this afternoon, not much else planned. Maybe a bit of reading will pass an hour or so.....

Making moussaka again for dinner tonight, Tom always said he didn`t like it due to it having aubergines (eggplant) in it, but he enjoyed it I`m glad to say. Not the healthiest dish in the world, but tasty.

Scrambled eggs for breakfast I think today........

i-SK5wrcJ-Th.gif

cv91-S.jpg

cv17-S.jpg

😉

Have a wonderful Monday :flower1:
Tortellini stuffed with spinach and garlic will be tonights supper around here!

I hope you are having a wonderful Monday too Schumi. I guess you have the sun today, as still seems dark out, as we have a thick cloud cover.

And while no rain, it’s very humid, though only 63 out, with 72 the high. One of our not as warm day. No matter, the first chance of rain is now Wednesday. But any rain can feel good, because as predicted, that mid week day will be a hazy and hot 93 degrees high one, so that camel will have a cool drink in hand and try to stay in the shade, before pulling out that umbrella maybe later in the day.

Eh, was awake randomly throughout the night. Not sure why, as this time DH was the one not restless one. Guess because I felt too warm many times. We do have the AC on, but I should have made it cooler before going to bed. I’d have a fan running to help, but oddly, not fond of the sound while trying to get to sleep.

And so, tea will be drank, and a search for breakfast. May be cereal, as not much else looks good from first arriving in kitchen to put tea kettle on. Ooh, I guess I neighbor is dog walking, as heard dog barking for a few minutes. No chicken out yet though. And still dark out looking, as not hearing birds nor other animals heard, just that early week day traffic, witch includes some loud vehicles.

And ah yes, certainly feels like a Monday. Tea refill time, thus, wishing all a Marvelous Monday.
I cannot sleep if it's too hot either. I'd rather bundle up with blankets from the cold than be roasting/sweating...

Very quick good morning. We are off to Hollywood Studios today. All 3 of us tried for Rise of the Resistance today and all failed. Will try again at 1:00.

Got a text from my sister yesterday. Mom is back in the hospital. She has an infection at her surgery incision and is anemic. I’m just waiting for more updates.
Oh no! Sending all good thoughts for your mom!

I won by a landslide. Dh is texting me pictures from the gondola transfer station.

View attachment 577228

View attachment 577231View attachment 577233
Good for you!

Graduation weekend passed in a blur! We met up with DD, her roommate and family of roommate on Saturday around 3pm. The girls wanted a photo session, with shots individually, together and with family members. The photographer did a wonderful job, and they got almost 100 great pictures!

We then all went out to dinner. We went to the same restaurant that the girls went to 4 years ago when we all met. Kinda went 'full circle', and this is when we got emotional. The girls were reminiscing all the great memories made since meeting. So glad I remembered my waterproof mascara that night!

We then went to a few college bars, as tradition. On grad weekend, the parents are taken to all the places the college kids hang out. Boy, it was loud!!! And smokey from the smoke machine....and very disorienting due to all the strobe lights! Gosh, I must be getting old! But we hung out until almost 11:30pm. Not too bad considering I needed to awake before 6am the next morning!

Sunday morning we left the house around 7:30am for the 9am graduation. They had broken the graduation into 2 sessions, and we, along with 3,136 others were the morning group.
It was a bit rushed, without the usual speakers, fanfare, and such. But at least we were able to attend, and DD walked across the stage.
Also glad I went with the waterproof mascara again!

The grandparents, godparents and families met us at our home after for photos with DD in her grad gown. We all then went out for an early dinner, which was actually incredible! The waitress was top notch and everyone raved about their meals.

All in all, it was a super weekend!! Filled with laughter, memories and happy tears....
DD is wearing the red sash, and her roommate is next behind her. Together even when walking across the stage....

Yay, big congratulations to Paris’s DD graduating.

Still overcast, but no rain to see. Kids made burgers for lunch. Was nice of them. Dinner? Pasta maybe? Not sure. May make some iced coffee, as not feeling like tea in this middle of afternoon.

Sending mummy dust well wishes to Keisha’s DS. Good his foot is healing up. Ack, he had such a bad accident to hurt foot as much as he did, at his work.

Lynne, yes sunny all day today. Got a load of laundry washed, dried, ironed and everyone has put it away.....simple things. Hope you had better weather as the day went on.

You`re the opposite of me...I love white noise in the room.

Charade, nice win there....but, hope everything is ok with your mum. Being on a trip and getting bad news is not what you want. I hope she`s ok and it`s just a little glitch along the way.

Lori......I can feel the emotion you must have felt over the weekend!! Love the pictures.....Huge congratulations to her, what an achievement, I know how proud you both are of her.

And you did well staying out so late and early morning too.....lol......it does sound a lovely weekend for all of you.

Runny eggs are the best!! Yep, poached are 2nd for me too. Although Tom makes an amazing omelette.....

I did see the guy who won the golf, my brother in law is a golf fanatic and had been talking a lot about him.

Moussaka was nice tonight again, a little too filling and I thought I had cut it into fairly small portions. It is quite dense I suppose.

Trying to watch (eventually) the first Fast & Furious movie.......I think I must be too old as the music is driving me nuts and we`re only 15 minutes in. Not really a Vin Diesel fan either, but the acting is atrocious so far......doubt I`ll see the end of this one never mind the other 187 movies that followed!

Ah, older one has all those movies on DVD, Schumi. I was bored with the first, and never saw any of the others. They are generally old enough, free to view on some channels sometimes. I don’t watch even when listed on free viewing movie channel.

At least it feels like AC is working well. Though it is not that predicted hazy and hot Wednesday yet either. A balmy 63 F out now. So not a warm day, but for the fact the humidity is high. Eh, shorts and t shirts are still the outfit worn, as was fine on my lunchtime walk. Then promptly took off my sneakers and put on flip flops. Still like less on feet when it’s hot out, though no matter how hot, if I have to walk any longer distances, will wear my well worn, very comfy sneakers.

Dropping in to say hello. Hope everyone is well. Busy weekend here. Had a yardsale with a couple of friends on Saturday. Sold some stuff and the rest went to the children's hospital thrift store. Nice to get rid of some junk. It was hot hot hot though. I think we all got sunburnt.

Ran some errands yesterday and worked a little in the veggie garden. Temps have been so cool through the month of May nothing really has grown but now that we are hitting high 90s this week, I am sure things will take off. Just have to keep watering. We are in a bit of a drought. No rain in 2 weeks and none forecasted for this week.

DS's 15th birthday is today. Wow, how time flies. He is my one and only so I hate to see him grow up. He wants to go to Red Robin for dinner so that is where we will take him. Not my favorite but he is the birthday boy. I picked up his cake a little while ago. He wanted a Neapolitan cake, so I ordered one from a bakery/cafe near my work. Expensive but it saved me from making one and I know they did a far better job than I could. He made it easy for us by only asking for money but I got him a few gifts that he may or may not like :) In addition to just returning from UOR. :rotfl2:

And let me introduce our gorgeous new grandson

Welcome to the world baby boy! Congrats grandma!

He had accident at work & broke/crushed foot. Took all this time to get MRI scheduled. Still running strict covid protocols. Just started letting a support person accompany patients

Oh no. Hope he has a quick recovery.

Have fun in WDW! I hope you hear good news about your mom.

A big Happy Birthday to Can’s son. 15 years, yay! One more year, and driving by the end of Summer. Red Robin is okay, little one worked there while in senior high school, so we visit there every once in awhile. It is popular here. And nice cake, as nothing wrong with buying even if know his to bake. I tend to buy from local bakeries, as easier most of the time.

Ooh, sun finally out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter