Something About Nothing............ #14

Charade, glad you’re having such a lovely time......your pictures have been so nice......hope the mole foam helped. I always used mole foam padding a few years back, it worked wonders.

Lori......glad you’re all packed up and ready to go........yes I’ll share those drinks with you and dd!

Ended up with some friends popping round tonight.......it was a lovely evening and we still managed to get outside for a couple of hours.

Time for bed now though........enjoy your Saturday evenings........

Quiet on here last night........hope that means everyone had a busy Saturday evening....

We did have a lovely evening, it`s nice being able to see friends again properly.

Today is another gorgeous day and no plans to go out anywhere, although the other 3 are going out quad biking later. I can`t go on them until foot heals completely. But, least they won`t come home covered in mud, it`s been so dry and hot last few days hopefully all the fields will have dried up.

Grilling out for lunch and dinner today, got to take advantage of this sunny weather, so have a selection of meats for both meals. Not much to prepare except for salads, potato salad and spicy/fruity cous cous. We did enjoy our bacon this morning with a huge mug of tea.

So a day of enjoying the sunshine and garden for sure and a couple of calls to friends........nice.

Kyle tells me we now only have astronomical darkness from 11.45pm till 2.15am.....they were out imaging last night even though it is only for a couple of hours, but after this weekend it`s not really worth it as it`s just not dark enough. But, they`re delighted the longest day is coming up as it`ll get darker for longer at night soon after.......funny bunnies.

And Lori only has one more sleep till her trip :cheer2:

cv60-S.jpg

cv35-S.jpg

cv41-S.png

Have a wonderful Sunday :sunny:

Good Afternoon Schumi. Happy to hear you have had a nice day. Unlike us. Woke around 5 this morning to hearing rain. Did some wash, and actually turned on our heater. Felt just too cold this rainy morning. And it’s only 46 degrees out. Just not a nice day here. But a very quiet morning for me. Yes, not very dark when clear sky here too. With our cloud cover these last couple of days, still felt dark at sunrise. At least longer day light for another month. Did hear the doves cooing quite a bit around 5, so I guess they were not pleased with the rain.

Ah our Sunday routine. Trash out and ready for week day schedule. But with that bonus holiday Monday, no trash out tonight, and week day routine starts with a family party day. So nice to be able to see family, including my very pregnant niece. Her third child due beginning of July, and we are all so happy for her.

But as heater needs time to make house warmer, large tv remote in hand a got the large mug for tea. And a blanket around me. Roads sound wet. Sigh. Pants and a sweatshirt on. Sigh again. But hoping to see around 70 degrees and dry tomorrow. That will be nice. And pool has a heater. Woot!

Super peaceful Sunday homies. Relax, it’s the weekend, and the last day before Paris and family leave an hour after the sunrises. Safe travels Paris, tomorrow morning.

Morning all, gas here most places hit $3.30 a gallon last week...SAMs club finally lowered the price. DDB43E43-A45B-4AA4-B8AA-ED0329E9492B.jpeg

Omg to pick up BD cake for the boys, started my antipasto last night, always so pretty. Went with dry, spicy salami this time as the protein in lieu of pepperoni, think it will be my new go-toF901AD65-E68B-45D9-8133-E605EDBA4BF4.jpeg

Charade - other than the blisters, sounds like a lovely trip! So many TS, nice! Always wanted to eat at that Mexican place, reminds me of blue bayou in DL. Unfortunately, not a thing either the mr or I would likely enjoy. What did you wind up ordering?

Curious, how was BoG this trip? Haven’t eaten there since menu revamp. Used to like the filet but it was ‘off’ last visit and haven’t been back since. Considering a revisit tho

Happy birthdays to Keishas men!
Puppy home with the working college kid- we were going to bring him, but with little boat or lake action it’s best he’s home.
Thanks, i’ve Seen some scary incidents over the years with dogs hoping into water from boats. Apparently, they all cannot swim, who knew?
Ignore button is a win-win
110%. Life is too short to deal with trolls
J and I are going to Chester Zoo on the Saturday
Sounds like fun, good weather to you
Stupendous Saturday to all the homies,
That has a great ring to it
all we can hear right now apart from the birds are the foghorns. Although we are clear here, looking out to sea, all we can see is fog.
Don’t laugh, living land-locked, love the rare sound of fog-horns
Got our meat from the butcher, ordered a prime rib which we’ll pick up next Saturday for Sunday,
Yum, i pulled out frozen bits from last one & made french dips for dinner last night
like black too, but it's a constant struggle with pet fur
When i bred keeshonds it was a nightmare, especially when they went thru the twice a year shedding of that thick double coat. Had a fur rake i’d Use, would have fur tumbleweeds all over the house lol

Wanted an easy temperament, hypoallergenic, non-shedder this time around. ‘Rescued’ a Havanese that was in bad shape at pet store. Vet managed to save with fluids that night, etc. Store was charged for numerous counts of cruelty to animals & shut down, a bad apple in national chain. Trad off is he needs brushed daily or hair (not fur) will Mat I am tempted to let him go full rafsta dog.:)

Looking good Janet.......food sounds delicious as always!! I’m sure the celebration will be a big success!

Yes, we love foghorns too.....something very calming about that sound lingering in the night....or day as it has been doing a lot more recently. I think I’d miss living beside the sea if we ever decide to move to the Cotswolds.

Should have a new image to show you later this week.......a different Nebula was imaged last night and tonight again.......will send it once its been approved by the photographer.......lol.......enjoy the rest of today!

Lynne, hope your weather improves, although I’m sure it will.

Enjoyed grilled chicken kebabs for lunch, sticking with outside again today and tomorrow looks even nicer. Although we do need to pop out for fresh produce tomorrow. But, will get out early as it‘s a Bank Holiday, so want to miss any busy places........we avoid everywhere on Bank Holidays especially when the weather is glorious. Our beaches will be very busy, and I’m sure they are today too.

Lemonade time........

Quiet on here last night........hope that means everyone had a busy Saturday evening....

We did have a lovely evening, it`s nice being able to see friends again properly.

Today is another gorgeous day and no plans to go out anywhere, although the other 3 are going out quad biking later. I can`t go on them until foot heals completely. But, least they won`t come home covered in mud, it`s been so dry and hot last few days hopefully all the fields will have dried up.

Grilling out for lunch and dinner today, got to take advantage of this sunny weather, so have a selection of meats for both meals. Not much to prepare except for salads, potato salad and spicy/fruity cous cous. We did enjoy our bacon this morning with a huge mug of tea.

So a day of enjoying the sunshine and garden for sure and a couple of calls to friends........nice.

Kyle tells me we now only have astronomical darkness from 11.45pm till 2.15am.....they were out imaging last night even though it is only for a couple of hours, but after this weekend it`s not really worth it as it`s just not dark enough. But, they`re delighted the longest day is coming up as it`ll get darker for longer at night soon after.......funny bunnies.

And Lori only has one more sleep till her trip :cheer2:

cv60-S.jpg

cv35-S.jpg

cv41-S.png

Have a wonderful Sunday :sunny:
I'm hoping to sleep some...but it'll be difficult. I need to get up at 2:30am, so I'll probably not do too well. But I'll be fueled by excitement!!

Good Afternoon Schumi. Happy to hear you have had a nice day. Unlike us. Woke around 5 this morning to hearing rain. Did some wash, and actually turned on our heater. Felt just too cold this rainy morning. And it’s only 46 degrees out. Just not a nice day here. But a very quiet morning for me. Yes, not very dark when clear sky here too. With our cloud cover these last couple of days, still felt dark at sunrise. At least longer day light for another month. Did hear the doves cooing quite a bit around 5, so I guess they were not pleased with the rain.

Ah our Sunday routine. Trash out and ready for week day schedule. But with that bonus holiday Monday, no trash out tonight, and week day routine starts with a family party day. So nice to be able to see family, including my very pregnant niece. Her third child due beginning of July, and we are all so happy for her.

But as heater needs time to make house warmer, large tv remote in hand a got the large mug for tea. And a blanket around me. Roads sound wet. Sigh. Pants and a sweatshirt on. Sigh again. But hoping to see around 70 degrees and dry tomorrow. That will be nice. And pool has a heater. Woot!

Super peaceful Sunday homies. Relax, it’s the weekend, and the last day before Paris and family leave an hour after the sunrises. Safe travels Paris, tomorrow morning.
Enjoy the time with your extended family!! Best of luck to your niece!

Morning all, gas here most places hit $3.30 a gallon last week...SAMs club finally lowered the price. View attachment 578543

Omg to pick up BD cake for the boys, started my antipasto last night, always so pretty. Went with dry, spicy salami this time as the protein in lieu of pepperoni, think it will be my new go-toView attachment 578544

Charade - other than the blisters, sounds like a lovely trip! So many TS, nice! Always wanted to eat at that Mexican place, reminds me of blue bayou in DL. Unfortunately, not a thing either the mr or I would likely enjoy. What did you wind up ordering?

Curious, how was BoG this trip? Haven’t eaten there since menu revamp. Used to like the filet but it was ‘off’ last visit and haven’t been back since. Considering a revisit tho

Thanks, i’ve Seen some scary incidents over the years with dogs hoping into water from boats. Apparently, they all cannot swim, who knew?

110%. Life is too short to deal with trolls

Sounds like fun, good weather to you

That has a great ring to it

Don’t laugh, living land-locked, love the rare sound of fog-horns

Yum, i pulled out frozen bits from last one & made french dips for dinner last night

When i bred keeshonds it was a nightmare, especially when they went thru the twice a year shedding of that thick double coat. Had a fur rake i’d Use, would have fur tumbleweeds all over the house lol

Wanted an easy temperament, hypoallergenic, non-shedder this time around. ‘Rescued’ a Havanese that was in bad shape at pet store. Vet managed to save with fluids that night, etc. Store was charged for numerous counts of cruelty to animals & shut down, a bad apple in national chain. Trad off is he needs brushed daily or hair (not fur) will Mat I am tempted to let him go full rafsta dog.:)
Your antipasto looks super duper yummy!!

I get so angry when I hear of mistreatment of animals....and children...and the elderly...
people that take advantage of the vulnerable are scum!
Good for you to rescue that pup!!

Looking good Janet.......food sounds delicious as always!! I’m sure the celebration will be a big success!

Yes, we love foghorns too.....something very calming about that sound lingering in the night....or day as it has been doing a lot more recently. I think I’d miss living beside the sea if we ever decide to move to the Cotswolds.

Should have a new image to show you later this week.......a different Nebula was imaged last night and tonight again.......will send it once its been approved by the photographer.......lol.......enjoy the rest of today!

Lynne, hope your weather improves, although I’m sure it will.

Enjoyed grilled chicken kebabs for lunch, sticking with outside again today and tomorrow looks even nicer. Although we do need to pop out for fresh produce tomorrow. But, will get out early as it‘s a Bank Holiday, so want to miss any busy places........we avoid everywhere on Bank Holidays especially when the weather is glorious. Our beaches will be very busy, and I’m sure they are today too.

Lemonade time........
Your lunch sounds nice.
Vodka with lemonade?? I do like Tito or Grey Goose vodka!

Last Disney day. 😢 We are on our way back to Hollywood Studios.
Last days are always sad.....but another trip is planned, correct?

We will light the grill in about an hour. I've just put the brats in some beer on the stove to prepare. I'll shuck the corn soon to get that ready for the pot of boiling water. Potato salad is chilling in the fridge. Need to get toppings together for the burgers and brats. That'll be easy...cheese slices, diced onion, pickles, sliced tomatoes.

After supper, we will watch the original Harry Potter movie to get into the spirit for our trip!!

Have fun Charade........

I'm hoping to sleep some...but it'll be difficult. I need to get up at 2:30am, so I'll probably not do too well. But I'll be fueled by excitement!!

Enjoy the time with your extended family!! Best of luck to your niece!

Your antipasto looks super duper yummy!!

I get so angry when I hear of mistreatment of animals....and children...and the elderly...
people that take advantage of the vulnerable are scum!
Good for you to rescue that pup!!

Your lunch sounds nice.
Vodka with lemonade?? I do like Tito or Grey Goose vodka!

Last days are always sad.....but another trip is planned, correct?

We will light the grill in about an hour. I've just put the brats in some beer on the stove to prepare. I'll shuck the corn soon to get that ready for the pot of boiling water. Potato salad is chilling in the fridge. Need to get toppings together for the burgers and brats. That'll be easy...cheese slices, diced onion, pickles, sliced tomatoes.

After supper, we will watch the original Harry Potter movie to get into the spirit for our trip!!
View attachment 578626

That’s my favourite of all the Potter movies, love it.

Food sounds lovely......I made potato salad today too, I never seem to make enough.......it disappears quickly.

Not much of a vodka drinker, but we do really like Belvedere, but for cheap and cheerful it’s Ciroc. I‘ve only had Tito’s in the States, you don't see it around much here. Nah, just plain old lemonade today.

And once again, safe travels......I know sleeping will be hard, but hopefully you’ll manage some sleep. If you were here it would be light-ish at 2.30am.....I always think it’s easier to get up when it’s not pitch black.

I was reading a trip report and someone was at the gates of IOA last week at 6.30 and it was completely pitch black! I’ve never seen that early in the parks......

And once again, have a blast!!

All the talk of foghorns made us want to watch The Fog tonight.....the original of course and it is a classic. It’s not the same as watching it in the depths of winter, it’s still so light here well into the night.

Bank Holiday tomorrow, so few bits of shopping in the morning then hopefully more time in the garden with the grill doing the cooking. Looks another lovely day ahead..........

Lynne are you having a family get together at your sisters tomorrow?
Will it be warm enough to use sister’s pool?

Whatever your plans are, hope you all have a great day and lots of food!

No idea what we will fix for a Monday’s dinner
Freezer is bare so will hit Publix tomorrow

Exactly one week till our first adult Disney trip.

I am hitting Universal solo June 7th and 8th, excited, nervous, all the above.
You are late for dinner here so you get to do the dishes tonight
Jk
Glad you stopped in here !

You’ll have loads of fun at the motherland ( Disney) and the Darkside (UO)

Solo trips are fun
I do them on 99% of my Orlando trips

Once you have done the first solo trip, future trips solo are a breeze

Hope you have great weather and low crowds

Mac, I hope it is warm enough. That rain is to end in the overnight. Still raining now. And will be nice to see most of my siblings and their families. And she does have a heater that heats the pool water. I’m sure the young kids will be excited to see the pool. We already prepped most of the food, as makes it easier on my sister. Sampled some for dinner tonight. Delicious.

And yay, for adult trip countdown for Emc. I like being solo in the parks. Can take advantage of single rider line, and I go at my own pace, doing and eating whatever I am in the mood for. Sometimes I meet people, sometimes I don’t. Don’t fret it, many like the freedom of being solo in the parks.

And so, tired and relaxing. Older one has our local soccer team on the large tv, loud too. Will have to tell him to turn it down. I need more quiet time. And still will be up early. My nature. And feels so wrong. AC and shorts the last week, and pants and had to turn heater today. To be in low 40’s overnight, and yes, with the rain. Sigh. At least evening weather news says a warming up this week, though with a very muggy 80, with thunderstorms chances predicted on Friday. Ah, another Friday we may be rocking and rolling in the skies again.

Safe travels for Charade and J’aime.

A beautiful morning here though Louie wanted to get up very early the perimeter stroll was peaceful and he was soon fast asleep on the sofa while I am now on series 3 of Grace & Frankie - loving it!

Bank Holiday Monday and the young pastry chef I’ve told you about (who has thrived since being made redundant) opens his new store this morning so we plan to call for cake to support him. Also need some garden canes to repot the GC sunflowers.

DS is still on paternity leave this week so we are planning to see them again soon.

First family picture for them -

4AC6057F-45AB-42A1-A180-D0054144535E.jpeg

We have lamb steaks for our meal tonight but no bbq here so will have to cook inside. Kev was tempted to buy one yesterday but again everything still on hold until we know if we will have to move home. We tipped our huge gas set up when we moved here.

Hope everyone has a peaceful day.

Julie, nice to see that young pastry chef did get to open a store. Wonderful of you to support that shop today, the first day opening. Great picture, such a sweet baby and cute pug. So happy for them. Enjoy your bank holiday.

Ah yes, the early traveling crew. Charade, safe travels home, and Paris, safe travels from home. And from an early bird homie, I do like those very early morning flights of the day. Means you get an almost full day to either relax and do the wash, and get back to routine, or get some more park time in, and start the first of the fun by mid morning.

Eh, just can’t sleep late on this holiday Monday for us too. At least it does not seem to be raining out, brighter, but overcast. And a bird keeps standing on the little part of my window’s bottom sash, and peck at the window. Looks like a small, black looking bird. Nope bird, nothing to see in here.

And so, the heater in the house still running, as a cool 48 degrees is what the thermometer says. Though what the weather lady said this early morning, we may still see some rain, but it is a drying out day for most, and may see some sun in the afternoon, to top off around 72 degrees late in the afternoon. At least it should be nice enough to be outside this afternoon. As some of us have that week day routine tomorrow, food will be offered from lunchtime to dinner time. I’d like to be home by early evening, as have to get the trash out, and relax with my routine time to sleep, as will be up just before the sunrise tomorrow, as already had set the alarm when I woke up this morning. Back to routine Tuesday, where tacos are the food of the day. Yay! Shorter week. And decided I do need a very short week, so Friday will be a day of rest too. Woot!

A good morning to Julie, and all the homies. Marvelous holiday Monday to you all.

And with that, the tea pot needs to be filled and tea for me. Ahhhh.

Hi All,

Finally able to make a post. Trying to keep up with reading though. A sunny day here after rain for two days. Not complaining as we needed it desperately. I think we had gone for 3 weeks without any measurable rain. Everything was so dry and turning brown. Cool 70 degrees today but will warm up this week.

I had my second shot on Thursday. No side effects. Glad it is done. Our state has returned to normal, thank goodness. No reason not to since the 7 day positivity rate is 2.5% and numbers keep falling. Some businesses are still requiring masks but most are not.

Nothing much on the agenda today. I watched a little of the History channels WWII in Color. Certianly brings the meaning of today into perspective. I may cook some hamburgers on the grill this evening but no sweets or high carb sides dishes. I am back on my low carb diet so the whole family has to suffer..Lol.

Also, belated Happy Bday to Cam's DS, I think a few quotes went missing:bday:

Thanks! Hope you have a great trip and safe travels today.

Dinner tonight is charcuterie for Tom and I, but it`ll be a bit later as he is going to pick up our friends son and gf and take them to the showroom to pick up his new car. Tom said it should just be the two of them, but they asked if he`d meet them to make sure everything is in order and he said of course he would, bless them....first new car purchase for them and they`re so excited to get this one.

That is so nice of Tom to help your friend's son with his car purchase. It is such a big decision and such a help to have someone in your corner with the negotitions.

J’aime I am the same with dogs - had them all my life. It was easy when Mum and Dad were available to doggy sit (apart from one time one of my retrievers ate a special birthday cake!!!!). I have been worrying about our friends who now look after Louie as N is not too well with his cancer treatment and that brings home that responsibility. I could never kennel them.

Me too. I have had them all my life and really can't see myself without one but it does become difficult when you want to travel. Thankfully, my mom lives around the corner so she is able to take are of our dog when we are away. My fil is also very close so he helps out as well.

If I were a horse they would have shot me by now. Because of the blister on my heel, I tried to find some sandals. The stores had mostly flip flops which I won’t wear. I tried some slides, but they didn’t fit my fat feet. In desperation I bought some Crocs. I wore them today and they started rubbing blisters on the top of my feet. The nurses at first aid gave me some band aids, moleskin, and suggested that I get some socks. The stores only had knee socks, so here I am being super stylish.

Sorry about your feet. I hope they are feeling better today. Safe travels on your trip home. I loved seeing all your pics.

Not much of a vodka drinker, but we do really like Belvedere, but for cheap and cheerful it’s Ciroc. I‘ve only had Tito’s in the States, you don't see it around much here. Nah, just plain old lemonade today.

I am not much of a drinker but my go to is usually a vodka and tonic with lots of lime. Belvedere is my favorite. That or Kettle One but I think Belvedere is smoother.

Beautiful family Realfoods! They look so happy!

Happy Belated birthdays to Keisha's ds and dh.

We don’t know them all, but we owe them all.
E849CB27-81B2-498F-B6A9-EEDD864AA451.jpeg

He has such exacting standards, always a pleasure to view his work.
That last park day can be emotional, especially when kiddos are along; bittersweet
:)
I've just put the brats in some beer on the stove to prepare.
I always tended to put my brats in timeout :duck:

Not sure if it’s just our neck of the woods but those sausages are never referred to by “brats”, everything is sausage. TBH, don’t know many who do eat them, German food is a rarity. Sausage = breakfast style, italian sweet or hot or kliebassa/smoked

but for cheap and cheerful it’s Ciroc. I‘ve only had Tito’s in the States, you don't see it around much here. Nah, just plain old lemonade today.

I refuse to give Diddy any of my $, he has enough already Lol. It’s gotten to the point that if a celeb owns or touts a brand, I avoid it. The full court press for the Kardashian tequila is annoying, especially the commercial

Vodka my spirit of choice, general go to’s: absolut or grey goose, with Smirnoff 21 totally acceptable for mixing. I find tito’s Generally far too sweet if used a basic mixer, fine in a sugary libation.

Dinner and a movie tonight.
always thot such great fun there, off our rotation when menu 1st changed. What did you wind up eating there?
A good one, everyone looks contented, even that adorable pug
And so, the heater in the house still running, as a cool 48 degrees is what the thermometer says. Though what the weather lady said this early morning, we may still see some rain it is a drying out day for most, and may see some sun in the afternoon, to top off around 72 degrees late in the afternoon.
Hoping to break 70 degrees today, dipping hand into pool yesterday got a shock. Was warm, now brrrr. Have put a space heater on the last few mornings to take

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter