Something About Nothing............ #14

Ran to the farmers market quick after work with DH. It's only open Saturday mornings and Wednesday evenings. Picked up a bunch of fresh veggies. Whipped up some turkey burger patties, fresh potatoes, air-dried some fresh carrots and beets (together) and a quick cucumber salad. It was a yummy supper.
Sitting with the remote. No walk tonight as it's super windy again, and not waking weather. Hopefully tomorrow is better wind wise.

Another super slow day at work today. I don;t wan to be swamped, but I need a little more to do.

We are renovation the house a month at a time. This is what our timeline looks like so far:
August - paint the walls
September - paint kitchen cabinets
October - install new countertops
November - new flooring

Hopefully everything will get done before Christmas

Basically since the main thing we use the sink for is to wash large items like pots and pans, having the single sink would give us more room. She thinks the divider in the sink is wasted space. Dh isn't sold on the single sink though. He is looking at a 60/40 double sink. I really don't care as long as we have a faucet with a sprayer.

My husband takes a martial arts class 3 nights a week. Those would be good nights for me to have another part time job, but I really don't think I want to go back into retail.

Tonight B and I went through all of the stuff she needs to take back to the dorm and made a list of the things she needs. We will probably go shopping on Friday.

Good plan Charade...... it`s lovely seeing improvements happen.

I see what she means. Ours are 60/40 and very deep, can`t remember what the name they gave that type of sink, but if you have plenty of room then it`s a good idea. It looks good, but as we don`t wash many things by hand it is wasted I guess. Everything except pots, pans and certain knives goes in the dishwasher, not much handwashing here.

I don`t have a sprayer though, don`t think that was an option, nice idea though, that would be handy.

Reaching back a bit for tonight's light.

View attachment 596535

I do like that night light!

Wind got up a bit last night, but calm as you like this morning. Walking on the beachfront is very open so it`s nicer when it`s calm. A little breeze is nice though when it`s hotter. Lots of sunshine today, so absolutely sunscreen before we head out even though it`s early doors. It would be ironic to have had so many trips to Florida and not get sunburnt, but have it happen here.

Some of Europe are having terrible heat issues these last few days 47C in some places which is high even for mainland Europe. I think we have to get the tail end of it somehow......

Walking this morning, then after we get showered again, will head out to the kitchen store, decided to change a few things. I bought a new colander weeks back, but not keen on it now, and will pick up some other little things no doubt. It`s one of those stores you go in for one thing and come out laden with items you didn`t know you wanted.

Cajun spiced chicken breasts tonight for dinner......will make a light creamy sauce to go with it, we had this in a restaurant last year and I didn`t think it needed the sauce when I read the menu, but it worked well together, will make some roasted carrots again like last night and call that dinner. Lunch is whatever, but first a poached egg on an English muffin with lots of tea.......

i-nXj7Fpc-S.gif

cv101-Th.jpg

cv105-Th.jpg

Have a wonderful Thursday

Not sure what happened with this post earlier.......

Last edited:

Ooh the rain has left the area and ooh what a clear early morning it is. But yeah, the AC will be getting a workout as Excessive Heat warnings issued again today. And ooh you think Florida can get hot, 97 degrees is our high today, with feel like temps 103 to 105 degrees. Muggy, so sweaty anyone?

Nice to update your kitchen Charade. I do hope all done well before the holidays. Yeah, it’s that back to school time. Think little one’s does still expect to mostly be masked in person, older one’s still not saying. I can see them more online more than hers. Hope B has a great semester.

Ah yes, a Thirsty Thursday is here. Certainly stay hydrated if you are enjoying this Summer blast of sticky hot air.

And so, last day of this week to be on that week day schedule. Yay, to a short week, then a not a routine one next week. Thus, back to my tea and screen.

Totally Terrific Thirsty Thursday homies. Drink up, tomorrow’s Friday, and then the weekend. Woot! Cheers!

Always good to have a shorter working week Lynne and then you have your trip coming up......always exciting! Enjoy that tea.......we`re enjoying a cup right now after our walk.......

Yep, it`s a hot one here......not Florida hot of course, but for us.....almost tropically hot.....I`m all for this African Plume that`s supposed to be heading our way....although one news report now says it won`t be heading our way now.....who knows, all I know is this weather is gorgeous and we are enjoying every second of it.

Enjoying some tea in the graden after our shower. We did walk 8 miles today and in the heat with foot issues, thought we did ok. Drank two bottles of water then some more when we got in.

Think we may have Saturday off of walking, give the old tootsies and legs a break...... ::yes:: Will have a day in the garden and get the book group book finished off hopefully. And some housework in there too........but today it`s a lazy one now.

Oh I’m all for a lazy day, Schumi. Nice day it seems for you too, and glad to hear your walk was good enough, and enjoying tea this morning with me too enjoying that cup of tea. And would be nice if was in the garden. But no matter, I’m still liking sipping my tea cup in an AC cooled inside. Yeah, those Southern winds are usually heat blasts. Hope you do stay warm, as with me, I’d rather be a tad warm than teeth chattering cold. ::yes::

Greetings all
A5061630-3ADA-48E6-B78B-8061B26FAA9E.jpeg
Beautiful week here.
I am not even halfway done with all the dental
work but trying to have it finished before my September vacation
Literally, what a pain. Good luck
had a nice Darjeeling loose leaf, never a bag.....I was thinking of you when I made it funnily enough......scone was delicious.
I think of u as a tea guru My mom did loose leaf process. I’m so impatient need to slow down and give it a whirl. Then I can learn to read my tea leaves
The kitchen is completely gutted, as in empty!
Oh Lordy
Then I liked to be able to add to out " vacation budget" this way as well. We do have a vacation budget that we add to each month...but this helps to bump it up. But both myself...and dh are tired of me working so
I try to stick to my budget, really I do LOL. In all seriousness a good idea to ha e buckets for various wants

Yay, beach and happy Keisha! Glad to see ya arrived and enjoying your birthday get away.

Glorious sunshine, enjoying so bright a day. And yeah, from a cooled inside. Already mid 80’s. Little one will be worn out from being in that muggy heat most of the day. But lucky her, as she’s half day tomorrow, to end her Summer job, as we need to get our new licenses and do some errands, as I don’t want to do much on Saturday. Though a big grocery shopping trip with older one will be before we leave, as he is a good cook and might as well get him most all the items he wants to eat in the next week.

Greetings all
View attachment 596654
Beautiful week here.

Literally, what a pain. Good luck

I think of u as a tea guru My mom did loose leaf process. I’m so impatient need to slow down and give it a whirl. Then I can learn to read my tea leaves

Oh Lordy

I try to stick to my budget, really I do LOL. In all seriousness a good idea to ha e buckets for various wants

Love the pictures Janet……..food looks am-a-zing!!! Now I want steak and lobster…….lol…….

Yes, teabags are a huge no no with tea. My old aunts who did work in a tea place waaaaayyyyyy back in the dark ages used to tell us teabags were filled with the sweepings off the floor……lol…….

I’ve had my tea leaves read a few times…….weirdly accurate on several occasions.

Enjoy the rest of your trip……..:sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny:

Beautiful afternoon here again. Been out to a few farm stores to stock up on fresh produce for next couple of days. Everywhere was strangely quiet, think they’re all down on our beaches!

Strawberry lemonade I think now……..

:wave2: Quick morning stop in before the paper shuffling begins.

So far, sunny with a nice high temperature in the forecast for today. The wind seems to be stirring up, hopefully it's not a gusty as it was yesterday. I would love to go for a walk tonight. I guess I will see what happens.

We are renovation the house a month at a time. This is what our timeline looks like so far:
August - paint the walls
September - paint kitchen cabinets
October - install new countertops
November - new flooring
That sounds like a reasonable timeline. I'll be crossing my finger for you to have it completed by Xmas.
Some of Europe are having terrible heat issues these last few days 47C in some places which is high even for mainland Europe. I think we have to get the tail end of it somehow......
WOW....that is really hot. Enjoy your quiet day. It really does sound really enjoyable.
Beautiful week here.
Beautiful picture. Enjoy your time there!!!!

Well...I should attack this small stack of papers. Not sure what else to work on today. Not much else to do.

Have a great day Hommies!!!!

Nice to have that beach walk Schumi - when we were away I got up early with Louie and we walked the beach with just a couple of other dog walkers at that time.

Sounds like you are very organised Charade. Hope it all goes well.

Keisha is enjoying a beach trip too. Lovely happy photo.

Pumpkin I wasn’t sure what meat I took out of the freezer in the night! Recognising it as lamb in daylight this morning

Beautiful day here. Not too hot. Em and I had a financial appointment in town and glad that was all sorted quickly.

We didn’t wander round the shops long but went to a good book shop as she wanted some new stories for L and I wanted the next book in a series my friend has introduced me too. ‘The Seven Sisters’. Really enjoyed the first two she gave me so I wanted book three. Not for book club though - we have read ‘Rebecca’ and having our first face to face meeting on Monday evening. Looking forward to it.

Kev carried on in the garden and we had our lunch sat outside then he carried on.

Lamb Tagine tonight had been cooking all day. Very tasty.

Nothing on tv tonight so we will choose a movie.

Hope everyone else has a good evening.

Popping in to say hello. Wow, it has been a while! Hope everyone is well and having a nice summer. Ours has been pretty laid back. Other than our UOR trip at the beginning of May we have stayed closed to home. We are leaving for our week at the beach on the 21st. I am really looking forward to that. Just hope those dreaded tropical systems stay away.

We did finally get a new a/c unit and furnace installed. What a difference that makes. Only now I realize how we suffered with that old system for the last several summers. We are nice and cool now which is good considering it has been in the high 90s all week.

No weekend plans. Maybe do a little shopping tomorrow to pick up some things for our vacation.

Pork tenderloin tonight...I think. That's the only thing that is thawed out. Lol.

Have a great night!

HOLA mi amigas!
Missed some very happy birthdays! Yay for Keisha trip too!
Louie looks like he’s made to be a beach bum doggie:love:
Everyone keeps posting about their lovely scrumptious food. I’m not hungry ATM but wants to come to dinner at your house now! Lamb, charcuterie, fish, tacos, burgers all sound soooo good! The charcuterie boards are works of art! And yeah- we are big into cheese of all kinds,
Hoping rest of Mac’s dental work goes well and the choppers working great for the HHN treats next month
Charade- house plans sound lovely. We wanted to get wood floor in this summer, now hoping by thanksgiving. We have full double sink in kitchen, sprayer etc. the second side is mainly used for drying my pots/pans/knives i won’t allow into dishwasher
On our way to Orlando to get kiddo moved into her apartment. Hope bedframe I ordered arrives before I leave next Wednesday. Mattress should be there Sunday. Busy weekend driving her stuff from Jacksonville to UCF that she stored at her 1/2 sisters. They are at Disney for the weekend for Katelyn’s cardiology conference. Not sure if she’s presenting this year or not. THey are also bring a load to Orlando so will get with them Saturday hopefully. May try to go to Universal a few hours Sunday with them too, they are staying at Yacht club but no Disney tix this time.
Lynne safe travels! Hope to catch up long enough for a “hello”! Still have your number in my contacts from couple years ago.
Waze wanted us to go through Memphis & Birmingham instead of our usual Nasheville and Chattanooga- bigger time difference than usual so not sure what’s going on? Ah well we are trying it- been a few years since I was in Memphis, although not seeing our usual route landmarks is weird, keep thinking I’m lost. May have to take over driving soon as I’m about done with the music- rap, hip hop, k-pop, with only a brief 80’s stint. Trying to save my podcasts til when I’m driving as I can go for hours then

Stay well !

Pumpkin......Yep, some places in Europe are having a dreadful time. I have family who have been flooded in Germany, and now massively high and dangerous temps elsewhere.....not much fun there.

Hope you get for a walk for tonight and wind has died down a little.

Where have you been Cam!! You were missed......glad things are doing well for you and yes, hope your trip is uneventful weather wise. Sounds a lovely trip you have planned.

We had pork tenderloin last night, lush!!! And glad you have you A/C sorted out now.......don`t be a stranger....... :wave2:

Monyk.......Another cheese fan.....nice!! Hope you have a lovely trip and it all works out well....

Starting to get darker earlier at night now......not even half way through August but by 8.30 we have side lamps on and outside lights have just come on, it`s barely 9pm. But the Stargazers in the house are happy......long nights out with the telescope are beckoning.

Had a very small pink gin tonight.......and a few olives. That works......

Slow morning at work today, but got very busy after lunch. I ended up staying and hour and 15 minutes later than usual.
I'm now waiting for dinner to finish cooking. I have honey garlic chicken in the crockpot and will use it to make lettuce wraps. Nice, low carb dinner.

Woot !
Another fine night light for us
Thank you. Bonus points if you know where it is from.

Ours are 60/40 and very deep, can`t remember what the name they gave that type of sink,
We are leaning towards a 60/40, bit I don't know how deep we can have it.

Nice to update your kitchen Charade. I do hope all done well before the holidays. Yeah, it’s that back to school time. Think little one’s does still expect to mostly be masked in person, older one’s still not saying. I can see them more online more than hers. Hope B has a great semester.
Thanks. B's school is going to try to have a "normal" semester this year. We will see if that works out.

Beautiful week here.
You look like you are having a blast.

That sounds like a reasonable timeline. I'll be crossing my finger for you to have it completed by Xmas.
Thank you. Sounds like your work is about as slow as mine is.

Popping in to say hello.
Hi Cam. Good to see you again.

HOLA mi amigas!
Hi MonyK. Hope the trip to Orlando goes well and the weather cooperates for the move in.

Dinner is almost ready. Tonight we are thinking about going to see Jungle Cruse.

Louie looks like he’s made to be a beach bum doggie
Such a well behaved pooch. Not quite sure how mine would handle it.
Waze wanted us to go through Memphis & Birmingham instead of our usual Nasheville and Chattanooga- bigger time difference than usual so not sure what’s going on?
I’m pretty sure the boy band dude took us through people’s backyards this trip lol
You look like you are having a blast.
::yes::The mr is definitely blowing off steam. I hit up the tangier outlet. Disney character store was awful, mostly disney store stuff. The park items were basically full price.

did grab pair of kicks 1/2 off at vans store to thank jr for dog sitting. The stores all had capacity & mask mandates. First time I’ve seen it at all
This Week, other than the servers in the white tablecloth TS places.

3276B5B4-772A-463C-A846-CE31E8DAD10A.jpeg

Yay!

Cam, nice to read your post. Hope all is well and nice you got away.

MonyK safe travels and hope she settles in fast. Will be nice to say hi to ya next week.

Ah retail therapy, nice to do some shopping Keisha. Safe travels home.

Ah yes, alarm off but most likely I will be up early. DH jokes, though he knows me well. He says even if I’m up early I won’t get moving until after 9 am. Yep, lazy day. Yes please. Though doing some bill paying, shopping and getting our new licenses. Hope little one knows where her suitcase is. Mine is still in the closet. Will take it out the afternoon before. Wash day Saturday is what I plan to mostly do. And pack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter